Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus LX 570

Comments

• mikeivanmikeivan Member Posts: 42
    Not much new here but showing progress:

http://www.thenewsletterplace.com/015lexus/issue10/article1.htm

I don't remember seeing that bit about "anti-roll" before. I can't wait till December!
  • nvbankernvbanker Member Posts: 7,239
    If the seats fold up and stay tightly anchored in the up position I can live with them

Hmmm..... "Please make sure you tray tables are in the full upright and locked position..." Sounds all too familiar.....

I'll check it out - maybe I can live with it, but I think it's ridiculous for a new design to have this compromise at this price point.
    Did I miss something ??
    What does it matter that women like to drive Lexus LX ??

I like women! some of my best wives have been women! ;)
  • luckylouluckylou Member Posts: 308
    Hi nvbanker

I have one for 42 years.
    She always tells me buy whatever I want. I will probably buy the LX570 , if I can get rid off
    the 3rd road seats.
    If I can't remove it I will wait for the new Land Cruiser and see what kind of set up they have.
    If it is the same as the LX570 , I will keep my LX470 bit longer.
    Nice to hear from you.

Lou
    Yeah, I was kidding...had my only one for 31 years now myself. And she's the same - as long as she has what she wants, I can have whatever I want. Happy wife, happy life. Anyway, I digress. I'll be checking out the lease deal on the 570 soon.....women ownership notwithstanding.
    nvbanker

I have been reading other forums specially the German autos , BMW , Audis and MB's I thought they were the perfect automobile but are anything but that.
    For a while I was planning to get a Bimmer but they have lots of issues , I will stay put with Lexus till these redesign models like the GS and LX and RX hit the showrooms.
    I was going to get my wife the new LS460 but I keep hearing about the " WIND NOISE " next to the drivers side window . Do you know anything about this ?

Lou
    All of the european cars have "issues" - they're not made by OCD Asians who strive for zero defects. But they're designed nicer in many cases, and engineered better. Hence, they're better "drivers" than the Asian cars. Depends on what your priorities are. If you want a driver's car, the best you can get, get the Bimmer or MB. but if you can't stand down time and frequent expensive issues, coupled with questionable service from the dealer, go MB. They're more fun to drive.

I would rather drive an S-class - I like them better, but can't handle the constant glitches, gremlins & goof ups.
    ON the seats - I can't believe that Toyota can't copy a Ford and fold them into the floor, which also makes them useful to sit in because there is a footwell.... With this new LX, I was SURE they would have figured out how to do it. It's the only reason I keep buying Ford SUVs....

As to the looks - I was hoping for more. The Avalon is drop dead gorgeous to me, and the whole Toyota car line is now beautiful and daring to me. Nobody is taking a chance with this LX though - it's an improvement, but about as improved as the 2004 Jaguar XJ was - you can barely tell it's new.... Still interested in one though.

To answer your question - you probably can remove them, but the mounts remain. You can remove most any part on your car if you really want to...
  • rroverrrover Member Posts: 8
    I head a rumor that Lexus will have hybirds for all models in the near future. Can anyone confirm this?
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    There's likely news and rumors over in the Future Toyota/Lexus Hybrids (Prius 2.0, Camry, Lexus 600h, etc.) discussion.
  • mercaramercara Member Posts: 291
    I have said this before and I'll say it again. Toyota has a bit of a "I know what's best for you attitude" and admittedly they can afford to be a bit cocky given the are a tremendously successful company. However, they do screw up fairly often with their product designs. I remember when the new 4Runner and highlander came out, Toy spokesperson said that based on their research the buyer of a 4Runner highlander was unlikely to want a 3rd row seating. Two model years later, they cram in a completely dysfunctional 3rd row seats in the 4 runner and highlander. Not sure, if any of you have been fortunate enough to sit in there.

Offering a 3rd row on the LX and new LC which is not flat folding AND NOT REMOVABLE without tools something that I am almost certain that they will change in about two model years.
  • dc661dc661 Member Posts: 71
    It sure looks like they are going that way. They already have an RX, GS and LS Hybrid. The hybrid ES is due in 09. And a hybrid version of the LF-A is expected. The only vehicles left are the SC which will be phased out and the IS, GX and the LX.

I did find this article that might be of interest.
    Toyota has a bit of a "I know what's best for you attitude" and admittedly they can afford to be a bit cocky given the are a tremendously successful company.

And I've said that too - and used as evidence the T-100, which was "all the truck you stupid fat lazy Americans need anyway", followed by the Tundra, the "it's just like an F-150, only better - really!" It's the biggest Achilles heel they seem to have - very reluctant to admit the customer may be right. Only unsurpassed quality has made them what they are today - it hasn't been design.

I guess for now, I'll keep buying Ford SUVs. They're a much better design, though a little less solid.
    The 2008 Toyota Land Cruiser has hit the Toyota website , I would presume that in a not so distant future the LX570 will be showing his shadow.
    The LC has new exterior colors , maybe the LX will follow with less boring colors.

Lou
  • ideleidele Member Posts: 200
    Quoted from a news item today
    LF-Xh (Global unveiling)
    A specialty SUV based on the Lexus design philosophy of L-finesse and equipped with an advanced hybrid system
    - The combination of a powerful body and elegant interior gives this next-generation SUV a dynamic look and feel.
    - Application of "Lexus Hybrid Drive", which features a sophisticated fusion of superior environmental and power performance, seeks to achieve outstanding driving performance, quiet operation, high fuel efficiency and low emissions.
    - All-wheel drive is backed by a V6 gasoline engine and high-output electric motor hybrid system.
    Total length: 4,800mm
    Total width: 1,895mm
    Total height: 1,650mm
    Wheelbase: 2,850mm
    My salesman called yesterday: "First delivery in late December, six color choices, all LS 460 colors: black, white, opal, gold, silver, spinel".
  • hitravellerhitraveller Member Posts: 2
    Now we have seen it, I would like to see a Hybrid version of this vehicle (Chevy built a Hybrid Tahoe) and real third row seats that fold into the floor. At $60K plus I am sure Toyota can deliver more. Maybe they need to learn the same lessons American car companies are now facing. Deliver what the customer wants or face the financial backlash.
  • praitprait Member Posts: 1
    Can the Lexus LX 470 and/or LX 570 be flat-towed by RV ?
    Check out the picture bonanza at autospies.com
  • scuffscuff Member Posts: 3
    I doubt the third row can be removed. As a result, I am going to keep my 2007 GMC Yukon XL Denali which is a fabulous vehicle. Comfortable and roomy. It tows my 7,000 trailer with ease and has all the bells and whistles you could want.

BUT I may get a LS460 to replace my 2004 LS430 comfort sedan.

LEXUS should amke removable seats an option.
  • scuffscuff Member Posts: 3
    If you believe the salesman - I have a Bridge in Brooklyn I'd like sell you to go with your LX 570.

The mechanism that operates those seats is huge and sure doesn't look removeable. If that is important to you I hope your deposit is refundable. Good luck.

Non-removable thrid row seats is a deal breaker for me. I'm keeping my 2007 GMC Yukon XL Denali which has removable thrid row seats and is a winner.
    Agree with scuff here. These are electrically operated seats and hence won't be as simple as pulling out the manual third row seats from the pre 2007 models.
  • toyota2lexustoyota2lexus Member Posts: 13
    Several years ago a Toyota official was quoted that Toyota would one day like to have the hybrid option available in all vehicles.

Not too sure how far along on that project they've come.
    Maybe removing the 3rd road seats will be as simple as disconnecting wires and removing a couple of dozen bolts and nuts .
  • carnutincacarnutinca Member Posts: 35
    I also have a 07 Denali XL and really like it. My wife is interested in the 08 LX (we have a 06 LX). My deal breaker right now is my calculation of it's price based on the Land Cruiser. It is going to sticker for $82 to $84K. That's nuts. I will go buy a new 911 and pretend I'm cool.
    I dunno, I need 'em for a trip in April, after that, out they come. My salesman is now saying mid-January arrival at the dealer.
    I had some degree of anxiety but yesterday I test drove the new LC and now I have mix, very mix feelings. The area in which Toyota have excelled is the awesome acceleration this rig has, the interior makes me run neither hot nor cold, more like, blah.
    The price Lexus is going to throw at us will be around $80k or $85k plus TTL , I might excuse myself at take a hard look at the new Sequoia.
    Off-roading has never been my forte.
    Having said all this I will test drive the LX570, I need to know.
    If off-roading is not of importance, it doesn't make sense to cough up so much money for a Landcruiser. I was a big fan of the Landcruiser. Now I think they are more interested in going after the Range Rover crowd. Guess it makes sense from a financial perspective. But that's not me. So I have decided to look else-where. I am waiting for the Tahoe V8 diesel.
    The new Sequoia's are beginning to show their faces , but not around here. My dealer says by Friday the 21th.
    I am really hoping than the Sequoia meets with my approval , it will save me a few G's . I always like the roll down rear window.
    I went to the Lexus side and the sales people told me, I should put my name down on the list for the LX570. That they have sold already four LX570, sight unseen. I had a warm feeling of BS in my posterior.
    Years ago the Lexus dealership had good reputation and rapport with the customers , that have changed.
    With some options and after TTL , the new LX will be pushing 85k or 90k . Not for me.
  • cmac2992cmac2992 Member Posts: 2
    It finally made it on to the website, not under future vehicles, it is under lx yea, darn cant use the online create your own yet. At first I was skeptical of the design but when you see the side profile it looks amazing
    Now that it has appear on the Lexus website, my attention is back toward the LX570.
    My sweet wife of 42 years of marriage says, don't buy anything till you test drive the new LX570.
    While I am waiting for Santa Claus to land in our roof , she says if you don't come to bed he will skip our home.
    To everyone goodnight .
    Merry Christmas
    From the website, I am not moved by the exterior, although it's an improvement over the prior design. Typical Toyota understatement, to be sure. BUT, that cabin is just fabulous! And face it, that's where I live. Because of the design, appearance, and expected quality of material used in the interior, it's back on my list even though they have not resolved my pet peeve yet - the stupid 3rd row seat, that should fold into the floor flat, like Ford, Nissan and now some GM suvs do. Toyota is stubbornly hanging on to that live rear axle and the fold up to the windows third seat, which gets them out of the way, but not gone. They still take away cargo room. :mad: Griping aside, it's on the list to investigate further.
    My dealer has one LX-570, a demo, not for sale in Mercury Metallic with Cashmere interior, a very impressive SUV. I believe there is more front leg room than my LX-470. The interior is fantastic and it looks great in silver. The third row seat mechanism is impressive but on cursory examination, I do not see how they can be removed. I did not drive it (several customers were waiting to do so). Mine is still scheduled for mid-January arrival. They are coming optioned three ways: $81924, $83145 and $84091. Ouch!
    Ouch and double OUCH !!!!!!
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    I distinctly counted three Ouches in there. :shades:
  • bmlexusbmlexus Member Posts: 755
    Wow u actually seen 1 in person, and u already order and its coming next week wow. and wow.

how does it look in person better than in pics?
    Well, the Lexus pics are quite dramatic so pretty hard to beat those:
    http://www.lexus.com/driverempowered/?s_ocid=LXlaunch:0108:Main:driverempowered

However, it looks good, the bit of added trim improves the look over the Landcruiser, imho. The interior is spectacular, but the cashmere is a bit light color imho, it could mark or stain easily. I go for a test drive today.
    eagle eye ........
    My local dealer just got three , all of them are sold.
    I was able to sit in one with Cashmere interior and the Mercury Metallic exterior , for about 15 minutes. The cabin has a beautiful design , smooth curves, great color coordinations a much better quality material than my 2006 LX470.
    The front seating is very comfortable , but at the same time the driver's front seat extension is not equal to the comfort of the LS models instead it rolls up and down
    just like the least expensive ES sedan. That is a big disappointment to me , my wife drives a very comfortable LS430 with real seat extensions.
    My favorite color is the Noble Spinel Mica with the Gray interior.
    it could mark or stain easily. I go for a test drive today

Well did you get that test drive it's been a long time now.
    Long time, you bet. This has got to be the deadest thread on Edmonds. Yep, I went for a drive (twice actually). Very smooth, much more responsive than my 470, not as roomy inside as I would like. Great turning radius and very nimble, feels smaller but is larger, outside at least. I hate the third row seats but that is what it is. No sign of bubinga wood, apparently discontinued before it ever appeared. Mine is delayed till February. The Platinum Sequoia is probably a better value.
    So you really like this that you have already order,nice to here that.

Sequoia is the better value but you don't get the same kind of refinement comfort ride handling that you get in a lexus.

Did you not consider any other vehicle when choosing the lx570.

I read about a previous lx470 owner as well who bought the new x5 rather than waiting for the lx570.

Well of course in a bmw you wouldn't get the reliability that you get from lexus.
    You guys are confusing me with your feedback - at the moment, I feel strongly both ways..... Guess I'll have to go sit in one myself to see if I have to have it.... If the new Sequoia has the same interior as the Tundra, I'll pass. The Tacoma is a nice cabin, but the Tundra (I have had one) has never been particularly nice, and IMO, still isn't. :cry:
    Hi nvbanker
    I test drove the Sequoia and of course is miles away from the comfort of the LX570, not to mention the many others amenities.
    Still the Sequoia is a very good SUV , specially with the 5.7 engine.
    "Miles away". Lou, did you drive a Platinum Sequoia, with the air suspension? I have heard it described as "Lexus like". I want to drive one this week.
    I drove what they had at the time , the Limited with the awesome 5.7 engine.
    Personally I didn't like the front seat, mind you I drive a 2006 LX470 with very comfortable front seats.
    Putting aside this small detail and having my wife with me we found the Sequoia a very good SUV that will steal many sales away from the new Land Cruiser. My wife love it, is huge inside 2nd and 3rd rows fold flat. Tons of rooms for knicksknacks, large cup holders , the V8 5.7 liters is the way to go. In the Platinum trim is standard.
    There are a few things that I don't care for it ; the driver's side emergency foot brake,
    the gas door does not have a interior lock, the tunnel gauges.
    I am looking forward to test drive the new LX570, every time the Lexus dealer gets one or two they sell it right of way.
    Let me know how you like test driving the Platinum.
    Well, my wife and I drove the Sequoia Limited. They did not have a Platinum air suspension. The Sequoia has lots of leg room and cargo room, handles well, short turning radius, comfortable seats (even the third row) and well appointed, love those pull up window shades. However, the ride is not Lexus like, more Tundra like, unacceptable to me. They will call when they have an air suspension to test drive but the salesman did not give the impression that it was a big upgrade in ride comfort. I guess I will have to learn to love those fold up third row seats in the LX-570.
  • gvasudevangvasudevan Member Posts: 43
    I drove the LX 570, Sequoia and the Landcruiser. In terms of space and interior utilization the Sequoia beats the others hands down. The LX is a lot more luxurious
    with nice instruments and better quality materials.

I did not find any difference between the rides of the LX and the Sequoia, I would even say that the Sequoia has the better ride (independent suspension that the LX does not have)

The waiting time for the LX is 3 months and MSRP. Although the MSRP difference is 20 K the actual difference is 25 k . I have decided to go for the Platinum since it has the same engine and transmission, a lot more space but lower quality fit and finish! I plan to buy a second fuel efficient vehicle with the 25k difference
    Lou, since you drive a 470, did you think the interior of the 570 was larger or smaller? The outside is wider, longer and taller, but to me, the inside is narrower, shorter and lower. How did the Lexus engineers accomplish that? I guess we have different ride sensitivities, To me, the Sequoia rode rougher than my 470 and the 570 rode smoother than my 470, way smoother. Did you get to test drive the air suspension Sequoia? Well, whatever, Houston Auto Show tomorrow. If I could get those third row seats out, I would have no issue with buying a 570.
  • gvasudevangvasudevan Member Posts: 43
    The inside of the LX 570 is much bigger than the LX 470. The design is also more modern. The Platinum sequoia drives better than the LX 570 because it has an independent rear suspension and the chassis of the LX 570 is based on the old Sequoia/tundra. The new sequoia is based on the new tundra which is more rigid.

My salesman drove it through a football field to show me how comfortable it rides.
    That was one thing I wanted to make sure before I bought it.
This discussion has been closed.