Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

GMC Yukon Radio, Stereo, iPod, XM Sirius Questions

2»

Comments

• kts0347kts0347 Member Posts: 44
    Just an update. I learned on another forum that the buttons in the steering wheel of the Denali are just push in modules that seat in the soft rubber surround of the steering wheel. They are integrated switch modules that contain a small circuit board, illuminating lights and rocker switches for the control features. When the light burns out you have to replace the entire assembly as the bulb is not independently replaceable. It is soldered to the circuit board.

To remove it, the best method is to make a tool out of a piece of heavy gauge wire, putting an "L" bend in it to make a "hook." Push the hook wire in the space between the switch and the rubber surround, and then rotate it 90 degrees after it clears the backside of the switch (about 1 inch deep). Pull straight out. (Alternate procedure - use the sharp points of two small knives on opposing sides of the module, to work/lever the plastic module out of the cavity.) There is a wire harness at the back of the module. A small flat blade screw driver will allow you to release the harness clip as there is insufficient clearance for your fingers. Don't pull hard on the harness - there isn't much slack. The replacement GM part number for the seek/volume switch is 1999443. Buy a new part from the dealer (about $25), re-clip the harness using the screwdriver as an aid, and just push the module back into the cavity to re-seat it. Job done. :)
  • blondeinpcolablondeinpcola Member Posts: 1
    Please help. I'm new here. I have a 2007 Denali with the Nav/Radio/XM/DVD. We went by Best Buy and asked them what we'd need to play our Ipod touch in the truck to play movies for our daughter. They told us since we had the video ports on the back of the center console we could use that. I tried that today and the video will show up on the front screen but not on the rear screen. I tried looking through the manual to see if I needed to do something special for it to move the rear screen but had no luck. I thought maybe it would switch once I put in drive (since it has that lockout feature) but that didn't work either. Does anyone have any suggestions on what else we could try? We seriously bought the Ipod touch just for this purpose!!! Trying to avoid the collection of DVD's in the truck!!! Thanks for any help.
    :)
  • cneylandcneyland Member Posts: 2
    I just started having the EXACT problem and it is driving me crazy. did you find a solution? I was just out checking the fuses. Is it the battery? amp? thanks
  • lotsofcarslotsofcars Member Posts: 3
    It's been a longgggg process, most of which has been met with dead ends. I finally bought a new radio/nav unit and had it installed. Cost me a fortune but radio is again working. I have no confidence that the problem won't return and the vehicle battery will probably go dead again by next spring from the as-yet unidentified drain. The two problems are separate apparently. Cost so far is in excess of $600. Had to pay a dealer to reprogram the radio ID, etc. too.
  • cjsly172cjsly172 Member Posts: 3
    Hi All,

I have 2007 5.3L GMC Yukon with 64k miles. Recently, I started to experience an annoying high pitched whine that seems to come from the rear speakers. It fluctuates with the engine noise and rises in pitch when I step on the gas. It does this randomly about 1-2 times a month for a few minutes while we’re in the car. The stereo is the stock Bose system. I am the only owner and have not added any aftermarket items/systems. There aren’t any auxiliary items plugged into the interior power ports (no TV system or MP3 player). The noises DOSEN’T go away if I turn down the radio volume or turn off the radio. We are going on a 12 hour trip in a few weeks and I am fearful we may experience this during the trip…

Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks
  • kgroves1kgroves1 Member Posts: 1
    I have the same issue, except they already replaced the rear equalizer and the rear speakers were blown. That was on the right rear and now it's happening on the left rear. It stops when the radio is turned off, but makes the noise again when I turn on the blinker and sometimes when I step on the brakes. The dealership says they have to duplicate the noise and of course it doesn't do it when I take it there.
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Member Posts: 1,964
    Have you made any progress on this since your last post? If we can look into this further, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name, contact information, and the last 8 of your VIN).
    Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • scuba_mannyscuba_manny Member Posts: 1
    Hi and Happy New Year!!

Did you have any luck resolving this issue?
    I am going through the exact same thing, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Manny
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    What model year is your vehicle, Manny? I can check my resources to see if I can get you any information.

Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • phochephoche Member Posts: 5
    I've got a 2000 Yukon XL and the subwoofer is barely making any sound. I removed the speaker and tested on another system and it works fine. I've been told the amplifier is in three different places in the truck and don't want to dismantle the whole thing to find it. Anyone know for sure where it is? Is it possible to be something simple as a loose connection or something?
  • elevatorman2elevatorman2 Member Posts: 1
    I have an 08 XL and my RSA unit is completely dead!!! I haven't experienced any other problems with audio/DVD player or A/C not working from front controls.Nothing is working in the rear,A/,heat,radio,nothing.Can anyone tell me how to remove the RSA unit?I've checked all related fuses.Would like to verify all connections are solid before replacing the unit.
  • thgoodsthgoods Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2009 Yukon XL and I am getting that same intermittent high pitched whine from my rear speakers that is more pronounced during acceleration. Sometimes it even persists when I turn the radio off. Everything on my truck is stock, no aftermarket A/V equipment. Dealer cannot find the cause.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    Hi thgoods,

We generally rely on the dealerships to diagnose and repair any vehicle concerns. Have you tried visiting another dealership for a second opinion? Maybe they'll be able to recreate and repair the noise you're experiencing with your radio. If you would like for us to try to find more information on this for you, please let us know.

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
  • shlevyshlevy Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2006 Yukon Denali with the rear flip down television and DVD player. Somehow a DVD was put into the player when it was not ready for it and it now will not come out. The DVD player knows somethings trying to be put in but it just keeps trying to pull in a disc. It runs trying to take in and eject discs a few minutes every time I get in my Yukon and don't want this to wear out the DVD player. How do I get the DVD out?