Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2.5 XT (AT) or H6??

subarunewbsubarunewb Member Posts: 4
edited March 2014 in Subaru
I'm kinda torn between the XT and H6. Can someone point out the pros and cons of the two, so I can decide which of the 2.5 XT with Auto Trans. or the H6 LL Bean I should buy?

I've test drove H6 and I like the smoothness and power. I haven't tested the XT but, is it same or better?

Which is more reliable?

Comments

• ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    I've driven both, and though it's been a while, I'd rate the turbo as quicker, the H6 as smoother (wife could not tell it was even on and reached for the ignition).

Both have been very reliable, though turbos tend to be more complex and higher strung. Fortunately the 2.5T has been very reliable, so it's hard to call.

Be honest with yourself, if you want a quiet car to commute in peace, get the H6. If you truly drive like an enthusiast and seek the curvy roads home, get the turbo. :shades:
  • subarunewbsubarunewb Member Posts: 4
    Thanks ateixeira.

I'm looking at an XT limited and a H6 LL Bean.. they both offer similar options and in the similar price range. I could go for either way really.. but, which one is better bang for the buck?

:confuse: :blush:
    The turbo offers more bang, IMO.

The H6 would be my choice if my mother-in-law was in the car with me. :D
  • xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,788
    Hahahahahahahaha..... there is simply no better way to state that! Well done, juice!
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
    :D

I remember driving a stick shift with her inside, and it was good practice for rev-matching, so as not to jerk her around inside the car. :surprise:
  • bat1161bat1161 Member Posts: 1,784
    I went through the same decision process last year. I wanted the XT (more fun and it was a manual), but my wife liked the "feel" of the H6. I figured since she rides in it most of the time, and it was coming out of both our pockets, I went with the H6. After almost a year and a half I have had no regrets. The 6 gives you the power when you need it, and it even allows me to keep up with Paisan when driving in a group ;) .

Either way, I think you'll find the car to be great. Good luck, and let us know what you decide.

Mark
    Keeps up with paisan? Plenty of power, then. :D
    Ok.. so, after much debating, I went with H6. I liked the XT a lot but, H6 was really all I needed and more.

I like it very much so far.. I'll let the time tell the rest. ;)

One question, the dealer told me to keep my rpm below 3500 for the first 1000 miles.. he told me the reason but, I didn't really get it.. Is this really necessary and better for the car?

Thanks all for your advice. :)
  • paisanpaisan Member Posts: 21,181
    Yes under 4k rpms and vary the RPMs for the first 1k, no cruise control.

-mike
    Yeah, basically you want to take it easy during the break-in period so the piston rings get seated nicely.
  • bat1161bat1161 Member Posts: 1,784
    Congrats! What color, and any extras?

As for keeping it under 4000 RPMs, as previously stated that's to "break in" the engine properly. I know it's hard, but it helps.

Mark
    Thanks.

I got the Brilliant Silver with Granite trim. I didn't get much extras (eg. Nav system) other than what basic LL Bean model comes with.. which are plenty for me.

It's definitely hard to resist.. oh well, 750 miles to go. wait for it... wait for it... wait for it.. :shades:
This discussion has been closed.