Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Veracruz Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• walterqwalterq Member Posts: 16
    Could people weigh in with a few more details on what you actually have to produce to qualify for the $1K. I may not be technically compliant but have a few options to "fusge", depending.
    Thks
    WQ
  • walterqwalterq Member Posts: 16
    Would appreciate suggestions re high volume dealers in NE where I can do a good deal by e-mail ... I need to travel to get it anyways.

Thks,
    WQ
  • selooseloo Member Posts: 606
    Check out th auto mall!
  • craigmricraigmri Member Posts: 243
    We selected a new Veracruz......FINALLY!

Its been several months in the waiting but we finally picked one out. Hyundai is replacing our '07 Santa Fe after going through the BBB arbitration process. We asked if we could upgrade to the Veracruz(and pay the difference of course) and they were very accommodating. In fact so accommodating that they let us wait for the navigation Veracruz to arrive. So after all this waiting we learned that Hyundai isn't offering an integrated back-up camera(major omission in this category) nor an integrated bluetooth feature in the navi unit. For these two faux pas we decided to simply go with the DVD entertainment system that our kids really enjoy in our current Santa Fe. Should we take a trip that requires map assistance we'll simply take along our Garmin C320 that works so well.

Now time to select the Veracruz. We decided we wanted the Limited. Love the proximity Key, memory feature, rain sensing wipers and auto-climate control with filtration and no way to get these feature on a GLS or SE.

Seems like most Limiteds come with either a Beige interior or a Black/ Saddle interior. The Beige was out of the question for us as we have it in our current Santa Fe and with the kids its impossible to maintain and keep looking good. Gets dirty if you just look at it. The Black/Saddle interior has the black carpeting with Brown-ish seats and at first we really thought this looked quite rich looking but after studying things further we decided something was wrong with this picture.......The headliner and pillars are covered in a light gray. The Light Gray with the Brown leather and door panels with black carpet seemed too busy and unusual. I believe if Hyundai used black for the headliner and pilers it would have been fantastic.

Which did we select? Black leather. This apparently is a big deal on the Limited version because according to Hyundais distribution manager for the S.E. only the SE is offered with an all black leather interior. He stated that 50 Limited Veracruz's came over with the all black leather interiors(in error). If you have one you've got a fairly rare combination. We think the black leather looks fantastic. We coupled this with the black diamond paint and its a stunning look. We keep this vehicle garaged so we'll only be subject to the heat while out shopping(wife doesn't work) so the dark exterior/interior didn't stop us. Window tint will be the first order of business.

We hope to get the paperwork completed next week so we can bring the new Veracruz home and begin my detailing regimen. With the Black Diamond I'm going to be busy. :shades:

Craig
  • aksmodaksmod Member Posts: 2
    Visited a dealership in Arlingtion Texas. Was told the following:

07 Veracruz Limited FWD

36mo/45k miles
    MF Rate / Residual
    .00307 / 49%

36mo/36k miles
    MF Rate / Residual
    .00307 / 51%

Lease Rebate
    $1000.00 (that's it!...no other incentives or rebates)

So...Question #1) Are these rates correct? I mean, it looked like Christmas, with the great rates folks were posting this summer now these figures?!

I dealt with the internet manager, however when I inquired about the MF & Residuals, he called for reinforcement. In came the used car manager, who told me that it would be in my best interest to purchase...not lease...because of the rates posted for November.

Here's Question #2) Are the rates the same across the board, regardless of one's credit? Or does ones credit score play a part in the percentage (I ask this only because another dealer told me that they coudn't give me the MF without knowing my credit score).

Any input is appreciated and all answers are greatly appreciated!
  • aksmodaksmod Member Posts: 2
    ...this is to add to my previous message:

went to another dealership in South Dallas. They had an 07 SE with the "03 Option Group 03 Premium and Leather Package - CF Carpeted Floormats
    (and window tinting/etching/tire warrant package)" with an MSRP listed at $32,175. Add in the window tint/etch & tire package, the price climbed to $34,075. I wasn't interested in paying for the add-ons. They said it wasn't a problem.

I asked for the MF rate and Residual. Was told that leasing was available for the 07, just the 08 and they recommended the "balloon payment" option. Their selling point was this:in Dallas County, you must pay property taxes on a lease, with the balloon payment, you don't have to pay property tax since the vehicle is in your name...and if you decide to purchase the vehicle after the term expires, you don't have to pay to get the vehicle registered in your name.

I was pleased with the service they provided (very professional and cordial) however, we couldn't come to an agreed price. They offered invoice ($30,351, which didn't include the tint/etching and tire package), minus the $1000 HMFC rebate and their 3% holdback ($900) for a total price of $28,451 (not including TTL). Based on message (#448), it's suggested that one can negotiate at least $3k below invoice. They weren't able to come off of the invoice anymore than the rebate + the holdback. When the manager asked "what would take to put this car in my garage", I told them "$1,100 less than the current offer". So, he wrote "will purchase at $27,351" and asked for me to sign...which I did. He returned about a minute later and said "sorry...we can't afford to take anything less off this price".

Although we weren't able to strike a deal, they were still very professional about the way they conducted their business.

Still looking!
  • dvinay12dvinay12 Member Posts: 20
    If you are in NJ, Sansone's Rt 1 Automall has couple new VC's which I saw last week when I visited to pickup my licence plate for my VC. I bought one from there in Sept.
    The current leaders are:

07 GLS - $3700 under invoice (new leader from a new post)

07 Limited - $3500 under invoice.

07 SE - $3000 under invoice.

08 SE - $2,000 under invoice.

08 Limited - $1,100 under invoice.

Prices include rebates.
  • dcibrandodcibrando Member Posts: 90
    Is $29,700 a good deal on a 2007 veracruz SE w/ premium and leather group?

If invoice is $26,294 and add the premium and leather package of $3,350 that comes to $29,644. I read on here some have got the SE for $3,000 below invoice so should I be getting $26,644 or around $27k?

Also wondering if you all think any rebates/discounts will come out on Dec. 1st for the veracruz?

debating on a santa fe or a veracruz but would rather have the veracruz if we can get a good deal
  • dcibrandodcibrando Member Posts: 90
    also does anyone know what the current interest rates are going through Hyundai on the 2007 veracruz?
  • dmele426dmele426 Member Posts: 33
    :surprise: how about mazda cx-7 2008 AWD GT?
    any price advise for the NYC area
  • dmele426dmele426 Member Posts: 33
    what about deals on a toyota 4wd sport edition 08?
    price advise or rebates?
  • jdelgado2jdelgado2 Member Posts: 1
    Got a 2007 VC Limited FWD (not ultimate) MSRP was $34,100 we drove it home for $29610 (that includes a sight-unseen trade for $1250 which is more than KBB). Also asked for and got a cargo tray and net. From Classic in Austin TX, had a good overall experience with salesman and dealership. May not be the best deal here but we are happy with what we got for the price we paid!
    The current leaders are:

07 GLS - $3700 under invoice

08 Limited - $1,100 under invoice.

Prices include rebates.

Keep posting the good deals.
  • rjdetrjdet Member Posts: 1
    I recently purchased a 2008 limited with GPS for $33800, I believe I got a good price. I have a question and hope someone has an answer. My built in GPS has a DVD built into it. The DVD is wired to turn off when the vehicle is in motion. Even though it is illegal to have a DVD playing while driving, does anyone know of a bypass to enable continues play while moving?
    I am not sure about your DVD, but will you share the details of your deal?

Need:

MRSP: (do not include dealer add-ons)

Invoice Price:

Total Rebates:

What you paid before TTL (include all additional fees)

Did you have a trade?
  • bigal70bigal70 Member Posts: 7
    In the process of purchasing an '08 Limited AWD with DVD entertainment package in Natural Khaki. Dealer installed options are cargo tray and carpeted mats. Total quoted MSRP listed by dealer was $38,170 (including the $225 in dealer options). Dealer quoted purchase price minus TTL is $33,900. Price out the door, including TTL, is $35,485. No trade. No rebates. Dealer is in Greensboro, NC and had the car trucked from Wilmington, NC. Buying experience has been excellent. Can't wait to pick up up on Friday. I'll get to see how it rides as we 'cruz our way home back to Asheville, NC.
    This deal is $1481 under invoice.

Let us know once you have the car and review all the paperwork. Watch out for extra fees.

Good Luck.
  • iontrapiontrap Member Posts: 139
    Does anyone have info on the current finance rates for the VC? I'm looking at getting an 07 SE.
    Not really sure about '07 Veracruz SE, but I am in the process of getting financing for an '08 Veracruz Limited. I am not aware of any special rate offers from Hyundai. My local credit union is offering a rate of 6.5%, (reduced to 6.25% for auto account draft) for 60 mons. The dealership works with a lender that can offer 6.24% for 63 mons. This was the best that I could get and I have an excellent credit score.
  • dvinay12dvinay12 Member Posts: 20
    Check for baloon financing from your dealer. Got one from USAlliance credit union.
    3 months back they had 5.6 for 60 months and 5.9 for 84 months. Not sure now.
  • ghgolfnutghgolfnut Member Posts: 4
    I am new to leasing. O8 Limited AWD Veracruz. Got this offer, don't know if it is good?
    Sell Price = 33693 (no options but mats and apperance)
    Res/MF = 64%/.00190 @ 23300 at the end of lease
    24 months - 12000 miles
    500 trade in
    1000 rebate from HMFC
    O down, (plus) @1405-tax,reg, 1st month = 23months@540
    Talked with our salesman yesterday and he verified that the bottom line, out the door price was $35,485. No extra fees. Having said that, I will make sure to submit another post with the final numbers....just to be sure. ;)
    Did anybody get the Satin Beige/Saddle combo on O8 Limited
    or
    Dark Bronze/Saddle and if so, are the pillars grey?
    Any feed back is appreicated.
    Golfnut,

If you get the saddle interior, the pillars AND headliner are a light gray. Personally my wife and I think its too busy looking(brown seats, black carpet and light gray headliner). Initially we favored the Saddle leather but after really studying it we didn't like the combo. I think if the pillars/headliner were black it would have been superior. Apparently however, this kind of color treatment is fairly common on the high end cars as we saw many luxury cars at the International auto show in Tampa have a very similar color combo so Hyundai most likely is falling in line with some of these makers.

We just picked up our '08 Veracruz limited yesterday. Hyundai, in error, let 50 limited Veracruz's into the US with all Black leather interior. Black leather is available on the SE but technically not the Limited. We learned of this error from the Hyundai Consumer affairs manager we've been working with over the last 6 months. We love the black leather and the charcoal gray wood inserts in the dash. Very rich looking.

We did notice something new yesterday when picking ours up. Apparently for '08 when you get the Beige leather in the Limited, you get black carpeting. Good move for Hyundai I think cause the light Beige carpet was impossible to keep looking good as dirt shows instantly. Seems like multi-colored interiors are becoming the rage.

Craig
    Thanks Craig

What color combo did you get? Was the all black interior real hard to get?
    I have seen the Black Diamond SE with black interior ; nice.
    Just wondering if there were any of these 50 LTD in any other exterior colors.

Also I was told by dealer that the Dark Bronze exterior was not made anymore.

Thanks again.
    Golfnut,

Our Limited is in fact the Black Diamond with Black leather interior. One of 50 shipped(in error) to the US. I do not know the combination of all 50 but there are two more Black Diamond Limiteds with Black leather at our Dealer in Florida. What part of the country are you in?

Craig
    Picked up the the '08 Veracruz AWD Limited on Friday. The final price was $35,485. $1481 below invoice. :)
    The current leaders are:

08 Limited - $1,481 under invoice (new post) This deal was w/o customer rebates.

Prices include rebates.

• search4carsearch4car Member Posts: 30
    BigAl70 - Can you provide the price breakdown? You're saying you got 1481 below invoice, does that mean the price was $32,769?

This would mean you had 2716 over the sales price. Can you detail what those fees/chargers were?

Sorry for any ignorance here.

Thanks!
    search4car,

Sorry I didn't list the information. It was in my initial post on the topic. Here is a breakdown:

'08 Khaki AWD Limited - $35,750
    Rear Seat Entertainment DVD - $1500
    Dealer Options: Carpeted floor mats - $125, Cargo Tray $100
    Destination charge: $695
    Total MSRP: $38,170

Dealer quoted price: $33,900 (minus TTL)
    NC Highway Use Tax (3%): $1017
    Documentary Fee: $499
    Lic.& Title: $69
    Total Price Paid: $35,485

*No rebates or incentives were included.

The standard invoice price for an '08 VC w/ DVD, mats, and cargo tray is $35,381. Dealer quoted price was $33,900 for a difference of $1481 (below invoice). The comparisons are made based on the listed invoice price vs. dealer price quote - before tax, title, tags, extra fees, etc...
    Hope this helps.
    The current leaders are:

08 Limited - $1,100 under invoice. Correction (that last post did not include the doc fee, you have to watch those extra fees when making these deals)

Prices include rebates.

You did great on the price, but then you gave the dealership back $499 with extra fees.

$982 below invoice, it is a pretty good price considering there were no customer rebates.

Enjoy your car!
    Opps....egg on my face :blush:
    Seloo, thanks for the correction. It was there in front of my face, but I was focusing to hard on the bottom line quoted price vs. invoice. You're right though, my wife and I feel that it was a good price considering no rebates .... and only 12 miles on the odometer :D
  • zestytxzestytx Member Posts: 2
    I dropped in to a dealer on Saturday, drove the Veracruz,(fully loaded limited on the showroom floor) loved it, filled out credit application. (I have excellent credit). The salesman and finance person both said that since it was the first of the month they had not had their "conference call" to set incentives/sales goals whatever for December and that would take place on Monday. Salesman emailed me Monday and said "call had been done and they were working things up for me". I emailed him back same day and yesterday, and now it is Wednesday and not a peep out of them. What the heck???
  • mdhuttonmdhutton Member Posts: 195
    Complete BS. Trust me, if they sold you a car last Saturday (12/1) or since then, they would (as salespeople) be able to count it toward whatever sales goals they're going to have for the month.

Run, don't walk to another dealer.
  • zestytxzestytx Member Posts: 2
    They finally got back to me this afternoon.... quoting NOTHING Off MSRP on a Smart Buy. Anyway, I think I'm going to buy a 2006 Lexus and they can keep the Veracruz. I was hot to buy.. if they had done this right that car would not be sitting in their showroom. Thanks for your advice!
  • wdbpilotwdbpilot Member Posts: 3
    Just got my new 08 Veracruz, Satin Beige with Beige leather interior, and just wanted to know if I got a good deal.

08 Veracruz Limited Base
    MSRP $34050
    Options added:
    Navigation Package $1750
    Carpeted Floormats $125
    Roof Cross Rails $205

Grand Total MSRP $36825

Dealer Price Offer $32506.07
    Rebate -$1300 (Have to participate in balloon loan program)
    Final Offer $31206.07

I put $2128 down to get my payments at $400 flat a month. I did a trade with my 06 Honda Civic.

P.S. The navigation system ROCKS. It's so much better than my 06 Honda Civic.

P.S.S. The dealership name is Huffines Hyundai of McKinney in Texas. The service was awesome from start to finish. Any questions just let me know and I'll give you any info you need.
  • veragenveragen Member Posts: 34
    wdbpilot, Thats sound like a good deal to me! Myself would like the same model & option-features as your, but with saddle-leather near that toal-price($36.8k) if possible. Enjoy :D your VC

VeraGen
    Please post your numbers:

Total MSRP (no ad-ons)

Invoice Price:

Total Rebates:

Price Paid: Before TTL, but include any extra fees (ie.. doc fee, etc..)

How much did you get for your trade? (How many miles and important options)
  • wdbpilotwdbpilot Member Posts: 3
    Ok here's an update for posting.

Total MSRP: $36825
    Invoice $34159
    Dealer Offered Price: $32506.07
    Rebate $1300
    After Rebate Price $31206.07
    Vehicle Trade In Value: $14500
    2006 Honda Civic EX Sedan with 29000 miles with Navigation, Automatic with VTEC.

Oh, played the movie Transformers in the new navi with that infinity system. Oh my gosh its banging!! Haven't tried driving while watching movie, now that's kinda stupid. But someone might want to know if it does and i'll post that later.
    Thanks for your input,

This deal looks like $2953 below invoice, did you pay any extra fees when they added the TTL (doc fee)? Please double check your paperwork.

Your trade looks to be a wash for trade-in value. Hopefully, the dealer can make $1K off that part of the deal.

When can you drop the balloon payment and refinance? Are there extra interest costs (that you would not normally pay) associated with this payments plan?

Thanks
  • sayrahulsayrahul Member Posts: 4
  • sayrahulsayrahul Member Posts: 4
    Hello,

I am looking to buy a new 2007 or 2008 VC and was wondering how much is Factory to Delear insentive for selling a car.

Thanks
    Rahul
  • oscar_gataoscar_gata Member Posts: 96
    It is not illegal to play a front seat video in all 50 states, but the nav system was built for sale anywhere in the US, so it was designed not to play DVD's while driving. However, there is a way to allow your DVD player to operate while you drive, but it voids your warranty on the nav system. There is a Vehicle Speed Sensor which does two things: it turns off the DVD unit when you are driving, but also allows the nav system to use dead reckoning when no satellite signal is available. If you cut the wire between the VSS and the nav unit (don't ask me which one it is), then you could watch a video as you drive. However, if you drove in a major city with skyscrapers, in a mountainous area or somewhere with weak GPS signals, your nav system would get lost since it isn't getting GPS signals or dead reckoning data. And if you cut the wrong wire, then you have just messed up big time. :cry:
    If you're married, ask your wife if she thinks this is a good idea. :surprise:
    Wives were made to talk their husbands out of doing dumb things like this. :D
  • veragenveragen Member Posts: 34
    Is there a luxury tax-fee for the VeraCruz?

What Fees to watch-out for when buying or leasing an Auto?

Does anyone knows the % TAX and maximum charge by law of Auto DOCument fees from these following states?

CT state-tax _____ % and DOC-fee $_____
    NY state-tax _____ % and DOC-fee $_____
    NJ state-tax _____ % and DOC-fee $_____
    PA state-tax _____ % and DOC-fee $_____
    DE state-tax _____ % and DOC-fee $_____
    MD state-tax _____ % and DOC-fee $_____
    DC state-tax _____ % and DOC-fee $_____
    The current leaders are:

08 Limited - $1,100 under invoice. There is a recent deal at $2K+ under invoice, but I have not been able to confirm the final numbers.

Prices include rebates.

• winedogswinedogs Member Posts: 102
    Tax in PA is variable county to county. For example in Western PA if you live in Allegheny county you pay 7%. If you live in Washington county you pay 6%. It does not matter where you buy the vehicle you pay the tax based off of your residency.

I don't believe there is a luxury tax on the Veracruz in PA
  • cjsbcjsb Member Posts: 71
    I bought in Canada so this won't necessarily be of interest to many but I have seen a few Canadian mentions.

Paid $38K out the door (all taxes and fees in) for a 2007 GLS AWD. Similar to a U.S. SE? Leather and Sunroof.

MSRP on this in Canada is $40K (plus fees and taxes). $47K off the website, no negotiating...with tax.

I was more than prepared to buy from the states given proximity to the border and strong Canadian dollar but it didn't add up. Hyundai Canada is offering $5500 rebate on cash purchase and dealer cut into margin another $3K. By the time R.I.V. fees are factored in, along with modifications for gov't/insurance conformity, etc., the Canadian price seemed on par if not a deal.

This is my second Hyundai and I have no reservations.

We were actually on the verge of buying a loaded Santa Fe GLS. But because Hyundai is not offering cash rebates on this (hugely popular) model here, the out the door price was $40 600. That was after lengthy, hard negotiations with several dealerships.

So Veracruz at $38K was a no brainer.

We shopped the Outlook/Acadia, CX 9, etc. Most three row CUV's for the past six months.

The Veracruz at $38K Cdn. was the clear leader for bang for the buck. Looking forward to many years of driving it.
    The current leaders are:

08 Limited - $1,100 under invoice. There is a recent deal at $2K+ under invoice, but I have not been able to confirm the final numbers.

Prices include rebates.