Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Veracruz Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• leehallleehall Member Posts: 3
    Just purchased a 2008 VC Limited (FWD) with Rear DVD on Ballloon Payment from Houston, TX on 12/17/07.

MSRP:$36,575 inludes ($1500 RSE, $125 mats, $205 roof cross rails)
    INVOICE: $33841
    PURCHASE: 32541 (incl $1100 dealer discount, $200 for no tiint for total of $1300 below invoice)
    Sales Tax (6.25%)=2032
    Doc Fee:50
    Alarm: 195
    Etch:95
    Title:33
    Inspection:22
    License:77
    Dealer Inventory tax: 71

FINAL OTD PRICE: $34800.00

Now my question is the balloon payment a good deal?
    Terms as follows:
    47 months of $593
    Final payment of $14,264
    Residual 39%
    15K miles annually
    Option to walk away or purchase at end of 47 months.
  • selooseloo Member Posts: 606
    How much was the rebate?

What is a dealer inventory tax?

Your total cost is over $42K not including your finance charges for the residual 14K, plus there is an annual mileage cap.

To me, this does not look like a good deal. What is the interest rate on this balloon deal? When can you refinance?
  • patrician01patrician01 Member Posts: 16
    Merry Christmas to all!

I appreciate the guidance all of you have provided this year on the board about pricing a new Veracruz. I seek your opinion on a deal being offered.

Florida dealer is offering to sell me a 2007 Veracruz Limited with 50 miles and with no options (i want none and do not want the added standard items in 2008 VC Limited) for $28,500.

Dealer tells me the invoice for this vehicle is $31,074. Difference between invoice price and offered sale price = $2,575.

I am satisfied with the trade in allowance and financing is almost set after having shopped around.

Does anyone care to offer an opinion on whether the $28,500 price is a fair one?

I find no record online of incentives or rebates being offered by Hyundai today on 2007 VC's.

Merry Christmas!

JPG
  • veragenveragen Member Posts: 34
    I just purchase a New 2008 Hyundai VeraCruz LTD / AWD from Central Jersey

My options are : Rear Seat-DVD / Infinity Login 7 Audio-System

Carpeted Floor Mats, Cargo Tray and Wheel Locks

Also protections / appearence-pak : Wheel Moldings

Door Edge Guards, Pinstripe and clear Paint Sealant.

Very Happy & Pleased :) with my new holiday gift.
    Now to take the new VC for a holiday-journery.

Thanks to everyone's input and Happy Holidays to you All.
    VeraGen
    I think the dealer needs to come down at least $1500 if not $2500 more on the price.

The 08s have been out a long time! The best 07 deal (a few months ago was $3500 below invoice) Watch out for extra fees!
  • txmonkeytxmonkey Member Posts: 5
    Just purchased a 2008 Veracruz Limited in the D/FW area with the following:
    Black Diamond
    No DVD or NAV
    Carpeted Mats
    Cross Rails
    Etching
    Total MSRP was $35170. (Invoice was $32,631 per fightingchance.com )
    Dealer offered $30720
    Less $1,300 HMFC Rebate
    Final Price was $29,420+ TTL

Price below invoice was $3,211 including finance rebate.

For what is worth, we did purchase the extended warranty to have bumper to bumper for 10 years/100,000 miles with $0 deductible for $1,120. A cheaper option of $990 was offered but it had a $100 deductible per occurance.

Thanks to everyone and especially Seloo for updating this as it helped give me an idea of when I was close to a stopping point with the negotiations.
    TX,

Congrats!

Standard questions:

Any trade?

What about extra fees?

When can you drop the balloon financing?
    Based on the last deal for a 08 Ltd with no options, you should get a better price for the 07. I am sure there are numerous factory to dealer incentives on this car!
    I did not have any trade ins. With the exception of a $50 document fee there were only taxes and title recording fees.

In reviewing the financial docs and speaking with the sales manager, we can refinance after we receive the first payment bill. The only reason we are to until then is because it will have all of the information that my bank needs to refi the note.
    The current leaders are:

07 GLS - $3700 under invoice

07 Limited - $3500 under invoice.

07 SE - $3000 under invoice.

08 SE - $2,000 under invoice.

08 Limited - $3,161 under invoice. New post!

Prices include rebates.

Keep posting the good deals.
  • emtaboyemtaboy Member Posts: 6
    It appears that the best deals on a Veracruz are in the Dallas area. A few questions: if we assume a 3% hold back (anyone know actual hold back percentage?), on a 35k car that is about 1k. Thus, there must be some sort of dealer incentive for an '08 limited to sell at almost 1900 below invoice, if we exclude the 1300 balloon financing. I am in the midwest and dealers are saying that there are no incentives, either manufacturer to dealer or financing on the 08 Veracruz.

Does anybody know for sure if there are incentives directly to dealer?? How is the Texas dealer selling more than 3% below invoice...thus eating all the holdback??

Thanks...would like to buy a Veracruz soon but a bit confused to how these great deals are being in struck in Texas!
  • brynobryno Member Posts: 2
    That's a great deal. I live in Washington and for that kind of deal I could buy a car and have it shipped and save money. Would you be willing to share the dealership where you bought yours? We're looking for the same thing in Khaki Green.

Thanks
  • brynobryno Member Posts: 2
    These are great deals, especially on the Limeted. How can we verify these in order to use them as a negotiation tool with our local dealers?
    Information is power, this site provides you with good deal information.

It is up to you to leverage this information, so you can get a good deal.

We collectively do our best to be honest about the numbers being reported on this site.

Good Luck!
    It looks like my deal may have caused a few questions. I have been told a few different things about sales goals. My fightingchance report showed no incentives but I know of two friends who received the benefit of Huffines McKinney's sales bonus of $2,000 per vehicle. I was told that of the several dealerships in the DFW area, only three had the capacity to reach the sales goal.

I believe they would be Allen Samuels, Freeman and the Huffines (Plano and McKinney).
    I don't believe my deal encroached the holdback (which I foundout was $1,008 on my vehicle) but the ~1800 below invoice was from the sales bonus (not including the HMFC rebate).

I will say that my deal was from one of the preceeding dealers. ALL of which were within $500 of my deal.

I would not expect to get any of the holdback, but if a dealer near you has a pretty tremendous volume, then the bonus should be available to split.

I have now provided all the information that I can on this thread. I'll now move over to some of the "owners" threads. Best of luck to all shopping this last week of the year!
    Great information!

Nice post.

Again, congrats on your deal.
  • bigred42bigred42 Member Posts: 2
    I've been offered lease deal on a 2008 Veracruz Limited AWD with following terms:
    15,000 miles per year, 24 month lease, $0 down, $680 / month. The residual is $22600.

Any thoughts?
    $680 a month for a Hyundai!

Think about it.
  • bigred42bigred42 Member Posts: 2
    Have the following offer on 2008 VC Limited AWD:

15,000 mile allowance w/$0 due at signing 24 mo@ $680 a month, residual of $22,600.

Any thoughts?
  • c2008c2008 Member Posts: 17
    Hi, I just got a quote of a 2007 Veracruz GLS AWD for 26200. The MSRP was listed as 29225 (could not come up with this number from the options list here, not sure exactly the configuration). I guess the invoice is around 27700. So this is about 1500 below the invoice. Normally I would think this is not a bad offer, although some people got way more below the invoice for GLS model. But since this is the end of year, I think this is probably not a good deal. Any one purchased a 2007 GLS model lately? Any advice is welcome. BTW, I am in Twin Cities. Thanks.
    You should be able to do much better on a 07 model.

At least another $2000 off your current price, hopefully more!
  • c2008c2008 Member Posts: 17
    Thanks, seloo. I will give it a try and post whatever number I can get.
  • leehallleehall Member Posts: 3
    MSRP:$36,575 inludes ($1500 RSE, $125 mats, $205 roof cross rails)
    INVOICE: $33841
    PURCHASE: $32541 (incl $1100 dealer discount, $200 for no tiint for total of $1300 below invoice)
    Sales Tax (6.25%)=2032
    Doc Fee:50
    Alarm: 195
    Etch:95
    Title:33
    Inspection:22
    License:77
    Dealer Inventory tax: 71
    FINAL OTD PRICE: $34800.00

Terms of balloon payment
    47 months of $593
    Final payment of $14,264
    Residual 39%
    15K miles annually
    Interest 7.2% (only financing around $20k due residual)
    Option to walk away or purchase at end of 47 months.

Considering refinance with Navy Federal Credit Union at 5%/60months. So, should I keep the current terms or refi with NavyFCU?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,199
    You'll save $8400 by taking the credit union loan, assuming you buy the van at the end of the balloon note..

Stick to the 60 month loan, and even if the van doesn't hold it's value, you'll be better off after 5 years..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

The current leaders are:

Prices include rebates.

• mdhuttonmdhutton Member Posts: 195
    Since this is the "buying experiences" thread, a note to Rosen Hyundai in Algonquin, IL:

Clear the 4-day old snow off of your lot and your inventory !! Sure makes it difficult to shop and/or potentially purchase when you can't drive through the lot and look at what's there without breaking one's [non-permissible content removed].

Guess you don't want my money.
  • hlcastelohlcastelo Member Posts: 45
    Looking at the 2008. Can someone tell me about the mileage both city / highway?.

Any problems known/reported?
  • winedogswinedogs Member Posts: 102
    Can anyone verify that the Dark Bronze color is not an available on an 08 Limited? Hyundai's web page still shows Dark Bronze as an available color, but I cannot find one when I do an inventory search in my area?
  • jmaulsbyjmaulsby Member Posts: 54
    There is no change to the engine from 2007 to 2008; so you can read the MPG thread that is already posted. It offers a range of MPG information from several people.
  • greymattregreymattre Member Posts: 2
    We've been waiting for the Dark Bronze for 4 months. After pushing very hard, the dealer finaly talked to their rep and we talked to HyundaiUSA. They have yet to even start making them in Dark Bronze and haven't even committed to a date to begin the production.

Our dealer (as well as ourselves) have pretty much told them the colors shouldn't be included on their brochures and website if they aren't even producing them. Absolute false advertising. Not even the typical "later availability" on that color. It's really given us a bad feeling towards Hyundai.
  • cjsbcjsb Member Posts: 71
    See my earlier posts. If there are still 2007's around (and there are a few still I believe), you can get one for about $38.5K out the door. PDI, fees, taxes included. If you pay cash or personal l.o.c.

Hyundai is offering the $5500 rebate to keep buyers in Canada. Dealer will take another $2500 off. At that price it kept me here. I was about to buy in New York but the advantage dissapeared after the big rebate.

I can't speak for 2008's.
    The current leaders are:

Prices include rebates.

• circir Member Posts: 5
    hi,
    i'd like to know if anyone's had experience purchasing their VC from FITZMALL. The prices on their VC limiteds doesn't sound too bad but i'd like to know how anyone else has done with them. The internet price seems to be the price you get if you're not from the DC/Maryland area. I'm from PA and would like to know if there is anything else to expect beyond the tax,title, and license fees? i've never purchased out of state but fitzgerald's is really tempting me to do so. any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Have you taken Fitzmall pricing to any local dealers? I live in Western PA, I was window shopping last month at a dealer and mentioned Fitzmall pricing, the sales rep said they would match Fitz pricing. Granted, it was easy for him to make that statement knowing that I was not purchasing a vehicle at that point.

Secondly, I noticed even better pricing from another dealer in the DC area and one up in Cleveland. Do a 200-300 mile search on AutoTrader.com and look at some of the volume dealer prices in your region.

Does anyone expect better financing rates soon? I want to purchase in the next month or two, but keep waiting hoping there is a great rate?
    thanks for the info. i'm going to try shopping around locally with the fitzmall quote but i had no luck searching through autotrader. the dealer listings seem vague. maybe i just don't know how to use that site but i found no mention of the veracruz's trim level and the prices seemed high to start with. maybe i'll give it another shot when i have more time. thanks again.
    winedogs,
    i forgot to mention........ i've been keeping an eye out on the auto loan rates and bank of america seems to have an excellent rate right now. take a look on their site for yourself. something like 5.64% on 60 mos. or less ......... haven't actually gone to the bank to see if its true but sounds pretty good to me......
    Cir,

I should have been more clear. Look at autotrader.com, find the dealers with say 15 or more Veracruz's. Then go to the dealers actual website and you will see that some dealerships have some nice internet discounts.
  • gunner599gunner599 Member Posts: 7
    I just went to a local dealer and he quoted me a monthly payment on a lease of $323/mo. with 15k/yr, 24 mo. lease, $1500 total due at signing). It is a 2008 Veracruz GLS.

This seems like it would be hard to beat on a new 2008 Veracruz lease but I need to know if someone has gotten a better deal?!

Gunner599
  • cusincusin Member Posts: 11
    I read that many of you folks end up buying the Veracruz at dealers out of your area or State because pricing. What would happen when you need to perform any repair work on the Vera? Can the local dealer refuse or drag their feet to do the work? Anybody had a direct experience with this? :confuse:
  • carbuyer11carbuyer11 Member Posts: 114
    I bought my Veracruz from a dealer 60 miles from where I live. In fact, this is the 3rd vehicle I've bought from a dealer 60 miles from home. I have no qualms whatsoever about my local dealer's willingness to work on my vehicle if necessary. Remember, servicing a car is a heck of lot more profitable for a dealer than the initial sale. Any dealer would be downright foolish to not be motivated to service vehicles not purchased from them. I'm sure any manufacturer would be very interested to learn of any such practice....
  • mdhuttonmdhutton Member Posts: 195
    Cusin, I agree with you wholeheartedly, yet I will share a recent experience:

When visiting for service, I needed to decide if I would wait for the vehicle or if I would leave it and return after work to pick it up. When I asked how long the work would take (I had an 8AM appt), the first question asked was, "Did you purchase the vehicle from us?"

I asked if and why this would matter, and was given a very long-winded answer that sure had a lot of words, but didn't actually say much! (To substantiate this - I had a chance to ask my uncle, who owns a dealership of a different make 8 states away from where I live the same question over the holidays. He roared with laughter and said it matters more than I would ever know!)

Maybe I'm being too logical, but if you have an appt., isn't that time that they've blocked off to work on your car? When I make appts. with my clients, it is time I've reserved for them.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,199
    Maybe they were trying to determine if they would offer you a loaner car? Maybe those are reserved for customers who purchased their car at the dealership.

Just one guess...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• robluesroblues Member Posts: 1
    Hello - newbie here to say I'm very pleased with our purchase yesterday.

2008 Veracruz FWD Limited
    - Black Diamond / Black Saddle
    - Navigation system (but not the DVD entertainment system) and otherwise fully loaded.
    - Purchased in Sunnyvale CA for $36k out the door.

We are original owners of a 1999 RX300 AWD fully loaded (paid $39k back then!). Still a good car 9.5 years later and at 116k.

Hoping for similar value results from the new Veracruz.
  • gunner599gunner599 Member Posts: 7
    Kyfdx,

Have you heard about good monthly payments on 2008 Veracruz GLS leases? I just got one at $315/mo. and the final price at $25,000. I only put $1,000 down and get 15k miles.

Thoughts?
  • cusincusin Member Posts: 11
    Thanks carbuyer11 and others that responded to my question. I think that, in my case, if the net saving in price that I get after paying for gas and tolls to get the VC is more than $1.2K, I will buy from the guy far away. :shades:
    Congrats on your purchase

Will you share the details of your deal?

MSRP (w/o add ons)

Invoice Price

Price Paid before TTL or fees

Total Fees and Dealer Ad ons (Port fee, Doc fee, etc...)

Did you have a trade?

Thanks
    The current leaders are:

08 Limited - $3,161 under invoice. A standard deal should be between $2-2.5K under invoice.

Prices include rebates.

Watch out for the extra fees!

• cegarcicegarci Member Posts: 2
    Are there any current rebates from Hyundai on this vehicle? I see other posts mentioning that you should be able to obtain this vehicle approx $2000 below invloice however I dont' see any rebates. The holdback on Hyundai's is 2% of invoice which is way less than 2000. How could a dealer afford to sell this vehicle for 2000 below invoice without any rebates.

What would be a fair price for this configuration:
    2008 Veracruz FWD Limited
    Rear Entertainment Package
    Carpeted Mats
    Roof Rack Rails
  • timewilltelltimewilltell Member Posts: 6
    I am looking to get a new 2008 Veracruz here in Canada (BC).

The latest offer is unknown, dealer won't give me the number over the phone, but says 'he can do better than $41,800 Canadian out the door', which is my best offer thus far.

Any ideas what I should expect here in Canada or what the invoice price is? Any idea what price below the invoice I can expect?

Thanks.
    Many suspect that there is factory to dealer support for these cars (only the dealer sees this).

Posts have slowed in January, I would wait another month to see if any factory to customer incentives return. Then combine the leverage of both of these incentives programs to make a good below invoice deal (watch out for the extra fees). It can be done, the best deals are made without a trade. Go back and read the previous posts.

Be patient and Good Luck!