Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Veracruz Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• fpostadanfpostadan Member Posts: 22
    I don't think it uses the XM Connection because I can still operate the trial version of the XM. I wish I could find out if you can reroute the wiring to the XM because I am not going to subscribe.

They wired it as an FM Modulater. The signal is clear where I live and can't tell the difference, sounds clear all the time. Though I do not use it all the time. They installed it and put it inside that first closeable compartment below all the Air Quality buttons on the right side of it. IT has a nice blue light to match the other lights. YOu have the option to either turn it off blue light off, or on blue light on..
  • scottgbwiscottgbwi Member Posts: 85
    When someone buys a car at invoice, but there was a $3,000 cash back, is the dealer basically getting $3,000 above invoice? I just drove one & am considering it, but with the cash back or rebates, I'm thinking paying basically invoice might be overpaying. Please give me some words of wisdom. Thanks!
  • jlindhjlindh Member Posts: 282
    The cash back (rebate) should go to the buyer. Ergo, invoice - $3000.
  • selooseloo Member Posts: 606
    Based on past posts, there is a lot of factory to dealer cash on these cars. I think you can do much better than $3K below invoice. CX9 buyers are claiming to get $9-10K off MSRP ($6-7K below invoice)

Good Luck!
  • axehackeraxehacker Member Posts: 1
    I live in the Dallas area and have received the following quotes with very little negotiation.

'08 Veracruz Limited FWD
    No options other than floor mats
    $27,372 including destination charge, but not including TTL

'08 Veracruz GLS FWD
    No options other than floor mats
    $21,488 including destination charge, but not including TTL

I had another dealer assure me he'll beat these quotes. Anyone getting better deals, either in the Dallas area or elsewhere?

Thanks
  • scottgbwiscottgbwi Member Posts: 85
    Thanks for information! I love this forum.
  • lyle5lyle5 Member Posts: 12
    The 08 Limited FWD price sounds too good to be true....I hope they will back up the quote. That would be a terrific price in the So Cal market. I know that they are offering more discounts now than they were in Dec 2007 but that is about what we paid for a 2007 for out 2WD Limited with matts....
  • skwilsonskwilson Member Posts: 5
    Took my VC to McGrah Hyundai in Chicago where they installed the ipod jack in the same compartment and manner as you describe (cost was about $195). Works great for the most part. My only complaints are that the compartment is not big enough to hold the ipod classic and the jack does not charge the ipod. When the ipod is plugged into the lighter for charging it influences the sound (I get buzzes and it whines as you accelerate). If you unplug from charging sounds great, just have to juggle the charging and playing during a long trip so as not to influence the sound.
  • alphamale1alphamale1 Member Posts: 1
    Howdy. How much have you paid - or seen prcing for a new '08 Veracruz SE, AWD w/leather. I believe I've seen the SE AWD MSRP at $30,445, but of course that unit does include leather, and you have to add freight.

A dealer told me $31,575 for a Limited and this price includes freight.

TIA for the info.
  • slafleurslafleur Member Posts: 1
    We paid $23250 for an AWD GLS with a roof rack and rails, floor mats and cargo tray. Looking forward to taking delivery.
  • kvdkvd Member Posts: 3
    What are the dealer processing fees at this dealer?
  • mhedquistmhedquist Member Posts: 8
    I just bought a 2008 Veracruz Limited 2wd with floor mats, roof rails, and cargo tray.
    Total MSRP: $35100.

I paid $28,700 + tax,tags,fee. Included current rebate of 3K

How does that compare???. I have seen some low prices from dealerships in Northern VA. Is above competitive?
    I just purchased a GLS With just floor mats and first aid.
    MSRP 27,770. The dealer had add on of 895.00 for market ajustment(nice try)
    and 395.00 Scotch Guard. (Again nice try.) I told the salesperson
    he was looking at the wrong sticker. I hope no one out there falls for
    these---- Anyway I paid $22,000.00. This included dealer processing fee'
    but did not include tag-tax-title. This was in the Tulsa, OK area. Saw one
    in the DFW area in the internet for 21,770 - they have a $50.00 document fee.
    This seems to be about the bottom. I hit a couple dealers (including the one
    I bought this from with 21,500.00 and did not have any takers.
    $99. Pretty std I thought. So, it total price competitive?
    Yes-very competitive. But dealers document fee or processing fees I have seen
    very from 49.00 to 399.00. It is just another one of the little tricks that some
    dealers use to get more money.
  • storrnycstorrnyc Member Posts: 28
    I was thinking of putting an offer in for a 2008 Veracruz Limited with bluetooth/hands free.

Invoice price is $32,002.
    Dealer Incentive is $4,000
    Factory Holdback $640
    Subtotal $27,362

Profit to Dealer $1,000 (throw them a bone)
    Destination Charge $750

Total before TTL $29,112

Would this be a good price or do you think I would be able to go lower?
  • indysabreindysabre Member Posts: 42
    We lucked into this deal.

We were looking hard at new Santa Fe this week at Butler Hyundai in Indianapolis. They were right at invoice - 3500 dealer cash.

We had seen the Veracruz and asked what they had in stock to see how it would compare price wise. Our Salesman Jason told us they had just gotten a demo Veracruz from Hyundai that came from Family Hyundai that day and we would recommend we ask to see the price on that one.

I asked him to price it out to see how it compared. After a few minutes he came back with:

34525 MSRP
    Sale price of 29,284
    - 4000 dealer cash
    Cost of: 25,284
    + tax, 149 doc fee and 50 title, plus tax.

This was for a Limited front wheel drive with 1280 miles on it. (it had a manufacture date of 3/28/08).

Our sales man was shocked at the price the manager gave and so were we. We put 500 down and came back the next day (this last Wednesday) to buy it.

They ran a carfax that verified it had never been sold before but I still wonder about the history of this car. Everything he said and that i could tell indicated it didn't have a history of any type of problems.

He told us they were able to do it because Hyundai had bought the car back from Family Hyundai and then sold it Butler for a discounted price.

I would look for a similar situation. I don't know how you can find the same type deal but if do it might make sense. Good luck and call Jason at Butler if you want.

We were shocked that we got this type of car for the same price as a new 0 mile AWD limited Santa Fe or a Honda wanted for a CR_V EXL with leather.
  • pinkitehpinkiteh Member Posts: 14
    Have personally experience... vehicle start to come apart when reaches the one year ~ 10k miles first electricle problem then check engine light.. initial quality i must say is good but unfortunately once it hit that milestone, there is no comparison to lexus. Hyundai still have lots to work on the quality.

my personal opinion, stay away for another few more years... anyone out there with a hyundai. Good luck!
    Cheers.. :sick: :sick:
  • storrnycstorrnyc Member Posts: 28
    Thanks

I'm in South Cali so Indianapolis might be a stretch. Their initial offer on a 0 mile model is 26.6K.
  • teacheringateacheringa Member Posts: 1
    An internet dealer in Georgia quoted for a 2008 Se with premium leather pkg, rear entertainment center, first aid kit, wheel locks: 30,850 which included the rebate, tag, tax, title and 249.00 dealer documentation fee. Is this a good deal? Does anyone think the rebates will last into next year on 2008's?
  • elvisluvselvisluvs Member Posts: 29
    Hi TinGA- Do you think the economy is getting better or worse? My 2 cents on the rebate potential-gl
  • winedogswinedogs Member Posts: 102
    Pinkiteh,

How many miles have you clocked in one year, just curious? I am coming up on 1 year and have had a few very minor issues. First time I purchased an extended warranty, at first I was second guessing myself - after reading your post, I am starting to feel better about the warranty purchase.
  • lyle5lyle5 Member Posts: 12
    I am coming up on the 1 yr mark but mine doesn't get much use...about 4500 miles so far. Sorry that you have been having problems. Mine has been doing just fine but doesn't see snow etc. Consumer reports has a comparisson between teh 2007 and the 2008. The 2008 should be a better car for electrical issues and the fuel system. Mine is a 2007. I also took extended warranty so let's all hope for the best.........
  • epik15epik15 Member Posts: 11
    The 08' Veracruz SE invoice is $26,983.

I've so far gotten a quote of $22,000 + 7.8%(about $1719) sales tax + $500 doc fees + $500 license.

Another quote for $23,000 + $50-$100 fee but no tax since this one is out of state.

I have a question about this $4,000 rebate that's currently going on. Is this straight from manufacturer to customer or is the dealer taking profit losses from this?

I guess what I'm trying to say is should I go for $1,000-$2,000 under invoice BEFORE the $4,000 rebate? Or just $2,000 under with the rebate?
    At a minimum $4K below the invoice price, but you should be able to do better.

No Fees! $500 is ridiculous.

Good Luck
    You can current purchases a 08 Veracruz for $7-8k below sticker price.
    That must be killing the people who purchased this car in 2007. Based the links,
    people paid $3-4K more in 2007 then today... I hope the current prices don't kill the resale value of the car. That would make it even worse for the 2007 buyers.
  • perrin75perrin75 Member Posts: 7
    I was checking some of the other forums and they were posting the current wholesale auction prices for Used vehicles. Does anyone know a ballpark range for the current wholesale prices for the Veracruz?
  • lol_tonylol_tony Member Posts: 1
    First, I got quote $28000 for Limited AWD by phone and visited to Hyundai Manchester in CT.
    Finally, I could sign up $26000 for Limited AWD without accessories and package after 2hr dealing about price.
    Here is what I paid....

Limited AWD $26000 + Floor Met $125 + Doc $750 + Plate $50 + Nav Package $1750 + CT tax.

I think it is really great deal and waiting for picking it up next week.
    That is an amazing deal. By far the best on this blog string.
    GLS with 1-5K miles $20-21K

LTD with 10K miles $24K
  • hiltonjahiltonja Member Posts: 2
    Just picked up my new Veracruz this past weekend. 2008 FWD Limited w/ RSE, bluetooth. It was a dealer demo with ~4500 miles. After rebates it was $26000+TTL in the SF bay area. Great dealer. Did it all via phone and email until I came in to pick it up.
  • thebabies2thebabies2 Member Posts: 6
    I just went to a dealership here in AZ. There are barely any VeraCruz's left in the '08 with navigation and limited. The sticker is $37.800 and they will give it to us for $31,200. We didn't think that was a good deal. There is no rear entertainment and it's only 2WD. What is a good deal? Where do I do the research to find out what a good deal is right now?
    Based on what I have seen, you should be able to buy up to 8K off sticker, or about $30,000k for that one.
  • ztennisztennis Member Posts: 4
    We are looking for a Veracruz limited in Bay Area. What dealer did you purchase from? Anyone else looking - if we buy in a group, i am sure we can get it cheaper.
  • hiltonjahiltonja Member Posts: 2
    I bought it at Cammisa Motors in Burlingame. They had a bigger inventory than anyone else around and were willing to make the best deal.

Good luck.
  • Paperclip77Paperclip77 Member Posts: 1
    I scoured the dealers in Maryland / Delaware and no one was willing to take less than 22. Most were looking 22.2 to 22.9.

But they just re-did the rebates (on 1/6/09) and kept the $4k for the Veracruz and added $2k for customer loyalty. So, I got the price I was looking for, but only because of the rebate.

Looks like 08 inventory is drying up a little (especially on the gls) so deals may be harder for a while. On the other hand, the dealer was very frustrated with having no customers...
  • worldrevolverworldrevolver Member Posts: 19
    Just picked mine up last Sunday.

I feel like I got a great deal. 2008 silver GLS. Premium package plus wheel locks and floor mats for $21000

So far I am completely in love with this vehicle.

Only things I dislike are that I cannot add a dealer installed roof rack and the CD player doesn't show ID3 tags.
  • worldrevolverworldrevolver Member Posts: 19
    Oh yeah the 2008 also had 45 miles on it.
  • 1bythesea1bythesea Member Posts: 52
    I'm considering the purchase of a new 2008 Veracruz SE. I hate the first year depreciation being so high, however, here goes...This SE model has (03) Premium & Leather Pkg., (CF) carpeted floor mats, (RC) roof rack cross rails as options. The dealer is offering a delivered price of $26,834 with their MSRP listed at $34,025. A $499 dealership handling fee will also be tacked on, however, the delivery price does include the delivery fee-final price $27,333 (minus tax, tag, title) I figure the '08 SE will depreciate by approximately $7,500 the second off the lot. (depreciation comes off MSRP from what I can figure out via websites) Picking up gap insurance would handle the depreciation I'd get hit for the first year which would be between $1000-$1500 based on this price. So what does everyone think of this deal? Did I misfigure anything? Also, how many of you would purchase the Veracruz again?
    The Dealer Fee is too high!
    I have been looking at a Veracruz (Limited). There are very few left in the 2008 limited. I found one that is a the Dark Bronze. Has anyone out there seen that color in person? My local dealer said that it wasn't a popular color and he never saw one. Wondering what it looks like. I would hate to purchase a car and not like the color. Of course, it looks much different on the website and the book than I'm sure it is in person - so I thought I would ask. Thanks for any feedback!
  • JozzJozz Member Posts: 9
    SE was advertised at $20k on Orange Country Register in So. Cal before New Year, but has gone up to $22k. That was the best price I've seen. Anyone managed to snatch the bait?
  • oscar_gataoscar_gata Member Posts: 96
    If you have the Veracruz brochure, Dark Bronze is the color of the featured tri-fold beauty shot.
    That seems like a great deal. I finally talked a dealer down on a 2008 Limited with Nav. FWD for $29,000. This doesn't include - TTL and dealer charges. I still think that this is high - this is of course, before I found out about the customer loyalty. The problem is - 2008 Limited with Nav is hard to come by and no one wants to give them up. Does anyone think $29,000 for a limited with Nav. is a good deal or should I be able to get lower?
  • indysabreindysabre Member Posts: 42
    We got the Dark Bronze limited trim a couple of months ago with the Black Saddle leather and really like the color combo.
  • kelzz3kelzz3 Member Posts: 8
    Well I was thinking of buying an SE until I read your post they are going to have to do a much better deal if they want my business. Right now they are offering me a price of 29,631 before the $4000 rebate. That is adding a sunroof and remote start,but the vehicle does not have leather which I really wanted. Before the new year I was talking with the same dealer about the same VC and they were offering me 28,531 with the same options. I couldn't remember the exact price until I got home tonight, I don't throw anything out so I found the better deal. Makes me wonder.... What do you all think what is a fair price for no leather and an after market sunroof? All opinions appreciated.
    Thank you
    So the deal they were giving me, luckily I have not signed anything. 28,531 for an SE with an after market sunroof, is not good at all, huh? Cloth seats no leather, no extras what so ever.
    How much did you pay for it? Did you get Nav? What about AWD or FWD? I'm afraid to buy a car when I haven't seen the color in person - the color it the book always looks different
    I have not purchased it no it had nothing extra. I don't think the price is a good deal at all so I am still looking
  • peteyboy30peteyboy30 Member Posts: 34
    I'd really appreciate some details on this. Congrats by the way, this looks like a killer deal. This is exactly what I want (not including your options), and a great price to boot. I want remote start (no idea the price on that).

Lease? Financed? What %?
    Monthly payment? How much down?

Whatever else you can provide would be GREATLY appreciated... I want to get one this or next week. THANK YOU! :):)