Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti G35 Bluetooth Questions

mrg2mrg2 Member Posts: 29
Has anyone else had a problem with the bluetooth phone connection in there 07 G35 Sedan? My phone connects up to the car fine, and works for incomming calls, but with out going calls, the other person cannot hear me at all (like it's muted). This problem is intermittant when the car is not running, but always occurs when I'm driving.

Comments

• scottm123scottm123 Member Posts: 1,501
    What kind of phone are you using?
    Make, model, carrier?
  • mrg2mrg2 Member Posts: 29
    Samsung i730 (windows mobile 5.0 PDA phone), Verizon is the carrier.

Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to provide.
    I hang in a lot of the other G forums and I have not seen this as a problem.
    I've looked into it too,as the last gen G did have some serious Bluetooth issues... but the 07 is solid.

I checked out Infiniti's site, and your phone is not listed on the supported phone list.
    That may be your problem.

Supported Bluetooth Phone List

Do you have a friend's phone you can try?
    You really need to try a supported phone before concluding the problem is with the car.

Hope this helps... :)
  • bobzgbobzg Member Posts: 6
    When I got my 07 G35, people could hear me but I couldn't hear them through the speakers. I ran the service update on the phone. I forget the number, but its * and then 3 numbers. Also, I turned the ringer on instead of vibrate, since the ringer volume was technically the "master volume". I don't know which one fixed it, but now everything works fine for me. My phone wasn't on the Infiniti bluetooth list.

Good Luck
    What you most likely dialed was *228, which is the online programing number.
    Choosing option #1 allows you to program new phones.
    Option #2 updates the Roaming list in your phone. Keeping this up to date saves battery life and also avoids dropped calls, since the phone does not have to work overtime looking for roaming options as you tool down the road at Mach 1.
    This should be updated about once every month or 2.
    The call and update costs nothing.

It's highly unlikely that updating the roaming list fixed the phone issue you were talking about, since it has nothing to do with the Bluetooth connection.

I have no idea how adjusting the ringer type could help, but feel free to play with it and see if that helps.
  • bobzgbobzg Member Posts: 6
    I tried the service update, because neither Verizon nor LG could help. I adjusted the ringer volume just because the phone termed it as "master volume". I don't know why everything works now, but I'm glad it does. :)
    I tried the service update and played with various volume adjustments and other settings -- no luck. It's very strange how it works sometimes and not others -- but the problem is always with people not being able to hear me when I dial out (not with an incomming call). Mine is the opposite problem as bobzg had. I can understand why possibly turning up the volume on his phone solved his problem.

I was in a Verizon Mega Store and spoke to one of their "Gurus" (that's actually what they call them). He had no idea. He suggested contacting Samsung, the maker of the phone.
    I honestly think you're taking the wrong approach here.

You have friends, and these friends have cell phones.
    You must know someone who has a Razr... every other guy on the streets has one now.

Find a phone which is on the Infiniti list and test it... should take all of 5 minutes.
    If you get nothing but clear calls where people can hear you and you can hear them, then you know it's your phone.

Infiniti, just like other car companies, put out these phone lists for a reason.

It stinks that your phone is not on this list, but that just may be, and most likely is, your problem.
    I made a discovery today about my bluetooth problem (having the other person not being able to hear me when making an outgoing call from the car). I realized that there is a delay in the car's system realizing that the call has gone through, but eventually it does work. In one instance there was a 10 sec. delay and another time it took about 20 seconds. Unfortunately, by this time the person on the other end will have hung up (since they can't hear you and think there is no one there).

I also did try it with a friends phone, and it worked perfectly when trying it a couple of times. I also noticed that the single strength display on the car dislay worked correclty with the friends phone, but not with mine. I guess there is some glitch in the interface between my phone and the car's bluethooth interface, most likely my phone's fault.

My next step is to contact Samsung and see if they have any idea. Maybe an update to the phones firmware? Anyone have any suggestions? (besides buying a new PDA phone).

I could tell my friends when they see my phone number on the call display, give it 20 seconds before they hang up.
  • mlw34mlw34 Member Posts: 4
    I have noticed an issue with my phone (I suspect its a phone and not a car issue though) its a European Nokia 6630 (similar to the 6620) about 3 years old. it connects and works great. but if I turn the car off before turning off the bluetooth connection on the phone, when the car is restarted, the phone sometimes does not connect again unless the phone is switched off and turned on. has anyone seen that issue?
  • scott99ascott99a Member Posts: 1
    We just purchased our new 07 G35 (non-navi) and were having some issues with incoming calls. Can send calls out without a problem, everything works great. On incoming calls, it seems like it is connecting(once we press connect button on steering wheel)...but they can't here me and I can't here them? Strange and can't find anything in the manual to help w/ this problem. Looked over phone as well and all settings are accurate to description on the infiniti bluetooth website.

I'm using a Treo 680, which is just like the supported 700 model. Can't imagine it would be so different it wouldn't function right.

Didn't find this out until we already left dealer. Hopefully someone has the answer and can save me a trip to my dealer.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,

scott
    This is a follow-up to my original post -- when making outgoing call - other person cannot hear me. I did discover that it will eventualy connect and the other person will hear me. It ranges from no delay to almost 45 seconds before that happens, though.

I spoke to the manufacturer of my phone, Samsung, and they couldn't help me. This was second level tech support, so I think I'm out of options. There are no firmware or software updates for my PDA phone, so there's not much I can do. The only suggestion they had was to remove the profile (stored connection), and then re-establish it. I tried this, but no luck. The only thing it did was to cause me to loose my phone list in the car. They said sometimes there is not an incompatibility between devices and there is nothing you can do. I also learned that the bluetooth version in my PDA phone is 1.0, which may be the problem. I believe that the latest version of bluetooth is 2.0.
  • bs55bs55 Member Posts: 15
    Got car today, havent played aroud too much with it yet...but when i got an incoming call and pressed the voice button it went to the screen to accept..pressed the voice button again and it doesnt pick up the call, i need to press the accept call on the touch screen. Are there any work around or another way to do it.

Thanks for the help
  • wazinnwazinn Member Posts: 2
    Hi I need some help please from someone! I have a G35 Coupe w/Motorola Razor and when I make calls using bluetooth it people can barely hear me, say it sounds like I am very far away! any ideas on how to fix this???? Thank you!
    What year do you have?
    One of the very common complaints of G's prior to 07 was the Bluetooth sound quality, and it was mostly caused by the Mic in the car.
    If you have a previous year, it may have more to do with the car, and less to do with the model phone you are using.
    The Razr has had decent feedback in the 07's
    There is likely a simple solution. It's probably a matter of adjusting the outgoing volume control within the car settings. There are separate controls for incoming and outgoing volume for the phone. I don't remember the exact location within the menus for that adjustment. Let me know if you can't find it.
    From the manual:

If reception between callers is unclear, adjusting the outgoing volume may improve the clarity.

It never really enlightens the reader on how to do so though. :P
  • wazinnwazinn Member Posts: 2
    thanks for the reply, i have an '07.
  • tigarddavetigarddave Member Posts: 4
    What a joke: Phone not on the list...What phone is?? If you really look at the Infiniti web site for the 2007 Bluetooth phones you'll notice that 95% of the phones are OLD!
    I have spent the last two months trying to upgrade to a new compatable phone...visited very carrier web site, called inifinti, emailed, the only "newer" phones that infinit listed are the Blackberries that have tiny buttons that I can not use. I finaly broke down and got a new phone yesterday-but of course, it is not "on the list".
    I am not happy with Infiniti using such an outdated bluetooth list for a brand new car (2007 G35x, bought in Dec.06).
    Dave
    PS; Good luck getting ANY help from Infiniti on this issue!
    They acted like they could care less!
    Sorry to hear about your phone issues.
    I'm one of the lucky 5% who's phone was not on the list, but it works.
    They listed the V3c, but my V3m works very well.

Now if only Verizon could stop removing the usable portions of my Bluetooth, I could maybe transfer my contacts. :mad:
  • kring5kring5 Member Posts: 144
    It's not just Verizon, Cingular doesn't work either for phone book tranfer...
  • alfster3alfster3 Member Posts: 25
    Has any one had success with a Palm Treo 700w on the 07sedan w/navi? It is not listed as one of the supported phones, though the 700p is on the non-navi model.
    I have not yet purchased the car, and this is not a deal breaker issue for me, but is seems difficult to understand why this phone is compatible on the 06 model and the 07 non-navi, but not on the 07 w/ navi.
    In any event, I am hoping to have some bluetooth function with this phone/car combo.
  • zekeman1zekeman1 Member Posts: 422
    alfster3 - did you get your G35x w/navi? If so, does your Palm Treo work with it?
    Z
    Got the car about a week ago. I don't have the phone yet, however. It is getting applications for work loaded onto it by our IT guy. Will hopefully be pairing it next week. Until then, loving the car.
    Please let us know if you're able to pair the phone. I spoke with Infiniti and they told me they were going to come out with an updated list of compatible phones probably by late June; I'm interested in a PDA phone and the list of compatible ones for cars with Nav is zilch - pretty disappointing. Hopefully the revised listing will show more............
    Z
  • basonbason Member Posts: 5
    I was wondering the same thing. I am thinking about purchasing the 07 G35 but am worried that my Treo 680 will not work since it is not on Infiniti's compatibility list. Anyone else have a Treo680 and the 07 G35? Any problems?
    I must be the only person to have a Treo 680 and be interested in a 2007 G35! I've searched high and low and there is no forum discussion about the Treo 680! So here is one....I went to the dealership and actually paired my phone up with a Navigation car. No calls could be received or made. On a Non-navigation car, calls could be made but not received. The salesperson offered to buy me a compatible phone if I purchased a navigation car. But, Infiniti's compatible phone list is SO outdated that there was no compatible PDA phone available. All of the compatible Blackberry phones are discontinued!!! There are no other PDA phones on the list!!! I will continue my search for a Cingular/ATT Treo 680 Bluetooth compatible car.
    I'm waiting to pull the trigger on a PDA type phone; I called Infiniti to find out if there was an updated list of phones for nav cars - the person I spoke to (with an attitude as though I interrupted her coffee break) told me they were coming out with a new list sometime in late June but were "busy testing phones". You're right - the selection of PDA phones compatible with Infiniti is puzzling since they seem about a year or so behind in technology compatibility. I sent a consumer email to Infiniti via their website about a week ago but they have yet to respond - guess they're still busy. So far their responsiveness to their consumer inquiries is underwhelming.

There is another poster on this board who has a Treo (I believe) but he hasn't posted yet whether his phone has been successful in pairing up.
    Z
  • bocatripbocatrip Member Posts: 194
    Does anyone know if the Motorola Krazr is compatable with the 06 G35 bluetooth?
  • maczmacz Member Posts: 9
    Scott:

I am in the same boat with my Treo 680. Out calls are fine but incoming calls are not working - I can "answer" the call, but I can't hear anyone on the other end.

My wife's V3 works just fine, so I figured that it must be my Treo 680. The Treo's BT has been problematic from day one even with just a plain old Moto BT headset. It got so bad that I now prefer the wired headset instead of the Moto headset. Check the Treo forums - it seems that Palm's implementation of BT is crummy at best.

Strange enough though, my friend's 680 works just fine in her BMW. Go figure.

At this point, I think I will just pick up another phone as I don't think neither Infiniti nor Palm are going to do anything for us 680 owners anytime soon.

Mac
    I just got my new Treo 700wx. I have been able to pair it with the 2007 G35x (Nav). So far I have not been able to download all contacts to the car. The instructions provided by Infiniti only allow each contact to be downloaded individually. Based on research done at other forums, it appears that this is a common issue with the Treos. This is my only real complaint thus far. Others have had some luck downloading their whole phonebook in a minute or so.
    Nevertheless, despite not being on their "approved" list, the Verizon Treo 700wx will pair with the 2007 G35x. Call quality has been good so far. I will update with any issues.

Alf
  • cadreamncadreamn Member Posts: 56
    Is there any difference in the Bluetooth functionality and options between a Nav and non-Nav G35x? I know the pairing on the non-Nav is by voice, but are there any other options on non-Nav that Nav doesn't have?
  • rmcneicermcneice Member Posts: 20
    I'm picking up my non-nav G35x tonight and will probably try to pair my Treo 680 with it sometime this weekend. I'll report back next week, but judging from the recent posts above I don't hold out much hope.

Shame. Nice phone, nice car.

Bob
    Checking the Infiniti website for phones compatible with the G, I was amazed at how few there were. Recently I posted that I phoned the Infiniti customer service line to inquire if there were any other phones. A rather curt and impatient sounding individual told me that they were testing more phones and the listing would be provided soon...that was in late May. About a week later I sent an inquiry via the Infiniti website asking for more specifics. Two days ago and still no response to my email, I phoned their customer service line and asked to have a supervisor call me. Today I received a call and was told that Infiniti was trying to improve their website and would be posting updated lists of Bluetooth phones on a monthly basis. Below is the link to the website and the latest iteration of their listing.

http://www.infiniti.com/bluetooth/results.html?vehicle=G+Sedan&year=2007&equip=Navigation+System&mfg=All+Manufacturers&x=23&y=11

Interestingly, there doesn't appear to be any Palm phones listed for nav equipped vehicles, although I'm pretty sure some ARE compatible. That said, I'm a bit on the suspicious side as to the accuracy of the latest listing.
  • rmcneicermcneice Member Posts: 20
    I sent in my inquiry at the beginning of the week. I asked when they would have a software update to improve their compatible phone list and how we would get it installed.

So far I'm IGNORED by Infiniti.
    Bob
    I was also ignored once by Infiniti.
    I sent a followup query asking how an upscale company could be so lousy in their customer service and they then immediately replied.

Send them a followup.
    Having had a Lexus & now Infiniti, both have pro/con's - I found the customer service 800# FAR FAR FAR superior to Infiniti. Infiniti's personnel have a could-care-less tone to their voice.
    Z
  • ndisguysndisguys Member Posts: 5
    Ever try calling your salesperson at the dealership? I know that as an Infiniti sales representative, I always welcome calls from previous customers to assist them with issues such as these, as it builds value in me as a representative that they'll hopefully return in kind with referrals etc.
    I sure have & he's been extremely helpful. It's the indifferent attitude displayed by the 800# personnel that irks me; while my salesperson can help, I don't believe he can effectively change people at a national call center. It's not just Infiniti, many other call centers are that way - conversely, the assistance I got from the Lexus 800# the few times I called was consistently top notch 100% of the time. Regardless, I bought an Infiniti (never having owned a Nissan/Infiniti product).
    Z
    I have approached multiple Cingular reps about my bluetooth compatability issue. They are shocked that all "bluetooth" phones don't work with bluetooth cars. None of them (and I've approached 3 different stores) have ever heard about compatability issues. I was shocked! I guess a lot of people buy the car without consideration for the phone capability!
    They do though...the only thing being focused on is the hot, shiny new model with lots of buttons and gadgets...who cares whether the phone works, as long as the nav is cool and the sound system is even cooler! I was that way...only after the fact did I pair my Razr up, not thinking it might not work...of course it did, so I was ok. But considering a new PDA phone now that I have the car + having seen issues with other phones, I've checked the (very short) list which causes questions.

Other issues pop up after the fact that a prospective new owner never even considers, like plugging in a new destination on the nav while moving, the fact that you can't watch a DVD while driving (DUH!), you can't randomize music on the music box even though you can access practically weeks of music between the music box, a flash card and a 6 CD changer, not to mention AM/FM/SAT! It's absolutely mindboggling to see all the "important" issues, to include the 10th of a second 1/4 mile speed differences between a G35, TL, etc.

What the hell did we do before all the technology!? LOL!
    Z
  • smokey75smokey75 Member Posts: 434
    You can randomize the music box. Check out the manual.
  • mdechampsmdechamps Member Posts: 1
    Alfster--

How is the 700wx working? Do all functions work? Outgoing calls / Incoming Calls / Phonebook download / Caller ID? I just ordered a 700wx and was curious if I can expect to use all options.

Thanks.
    mdechamps,

So far the phone is working well for me (had ot for about 2 weeks). Incoming and outgoing calls have not been an issue. No complaints from the party on the other end and most people can't tell I am in a car or on speakerphone. I must admit I don't use the phone a lot in the car. The caller ID is working so far. Sometimes the voice recognition doesn't work great, but that is rare. I have not been able to download all of my phonebook at once, though on other sites I have seen where this is possible with the Treo. Right now, I am adding contacts to the phonebook as I call them (or call me). The car makes that pretty easy. If I get the interest, I will start playing with it more.

Overall, I really like the phone. I use it a dictaphone at work with a wi-fi card, and also as my pager using the text messaging system. I would recommend some screen protectors, though. A friend of mine's screen is starting to scratch after just a couple of months. I got mine from Boxwave and like them.

Good luck, Alfster.
    Just checked Infiniti's website for Bluetooth compatibles. They seem to have redesigned it. They have a link that shows the phones they are currently testing. Nice...
  • kb124kb124 Member Posts: 60
    I am not a big cellphone user, but my wife and I recently bought a pair. During our recent car shopping, the Bluetooth factor never came into play for me. That is, I really could care less about it.

Finally we checked out the G35x, and I was sold on the car. On the purchase day, the salesman gave us a good hour overview of the features of the car, one of which was the Bluetooth connection. He instructed how to establish the connection setup with the G35X. and we did a quick test call.

Still, I thought, Big Deal!

Well, the next day I am driving home. The 'car' rings. At first, I am flabbergasted. What do I do? I look at the Nav screen and there is a menu item about 'Answer Call' (or something close). I select it and say "Hello". Next I hear my wife through the car sound system and we proceed in conversation. From that point on, conversing with both hands on the steering wheel.

I was like a kid all over again on his birthday. (Just like the day before when I bought the car and drove it home).

Bottom line, I found that this Bluetooth technology is cool stuff (something you people already know). For me, it was enlightening. A very special technology moment.
  • blackmax1blackmax1 Member Posts: 3
    Just got an '07 g35 with nav. Old Blackberry 7520 and new blackberry 8830 both work, though outgoing call volume suffers from the distant echo effect as well, though only intermittently. Some on the other end have reported good sound quality, others say they are hearing me as though I was far away. I've adjusted the outgoing call volume to max, which improved the problem, but it still persists. Haven't yet gotten ANY incoming calls (bluetooth is new to me, as is the car). The blackberry and infiniti manuals offer no help. It's likely the vehicle mic which is in the overhead light assembly. Will try leaning in a little! Besides that, the car rocks, particularly with 4W steering--almost straightens out the twisties!
  • slzweibelslzweibel Member Posts: 33
    I have a new 07 G35x with nav - paired my Treo 650 up no problem. Can make outgoing calls and receive calls. Works better than my 04 TL did. Only issue is when I am on a call and another one comes in (call waiting) the car hangs up on the person I am talking with and does not even pick up the new call! Very frustrating.... I would call Infiniti but it sounds like they would be of no help whatsoever - especially since the 650 is not on their list of "compatible" phones. Anyone else have this issue??
  • mikec17mikec17 Member Posts: 14
    I have the EXACT same problem. I called Infiniti and they said "sorry it's the phone." So, I called Verizon and they said "we can't really help you because we don't know anything about your car."

The REALLY irritating thing is that I would buy a new phone but Infiniti has not tested very many PDA/phones that Verizon carries.
  • slzweibelslzweibel Member Posts: 33
    Interesting... It is quite disappointing that these car companies put all this advanced technology into these new cars and then are completely worthless when you have a question about the specifics of that technology - especially when it is not working as it should. For Bluetooth it is so easy for the car company to blame the phone and vice versa. It would be nice if they actually resolved the problem... wouldn't that be something??!! Maybe I'll try calling Infiniti myself...I doubt I'd do any better than you did.