Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Diesel Pickup Towing Questions

archelonarchelon Member Posts: 1
I am considering purchasing a 2007 3500 with duramx to carry a 4000 lb camper. Does anyone have any thoughts as to how this unit will handle? Also, any experience with milage of the duramax with this load?
Thanks
Dave

Comments

• mark4propanemark4propane Member Posts: 4
    YOU WILL HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THIS UNIT. JUST KEEP YOUR TIRES AT THE HIGH END OF THE PRESSURE. IF YOU HAVE ANY TIRE PRESSURE BIAS FROM SIDE TO SIDE OR FRONT TO BACK, THE TRUCK WILL SWAY LIKE A DRUNK IN A HURRICANE WHEN YOU PUT THE BRAKES ON. EVEN ONE FRONT TIRE DOWN ONE POUND AND THE OPPOSITE REAR TIRE OVER ONE POUND AT THE SAME TIME WILL BE A NIGHTMARE WHEN YOU DO A HARDER THAN NORMAL STOP. ALSO JUST REMEMBER TO SLOW DOWN FOR ANY AND ALL NUDIST COLONIES......OR LET THE WIFE DRIVE WHILE YOU CAN LOOK....SEE, YOU FORGOT ALL ABOUT YOUR TIRE PRESSURE ALREADY...SHAME ON YOU....LOL.
  • cal454cal454 Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased a 2011 3500 dually...i just can't find anywhere in the manual how to work the electric brake controler. I see a switch on the lower left side with a + and - signs? I'm heading out on a 1000 mile trip in the morning with a 35' gooseneck trailer. Just hoping they work by themselves! Anyone have any ideas? Thanks