Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Overridding NAV Destination Lockout on 2007

stevegoldstevegold Member Posts: 185
edited March 2014 in Toyota
The Prius and 2006 Highlander NAV systems have a screen override to allow input of destinations while the car is in motion. That sequence does not work on the 2007 HiHy NAV system. DOES ANYONE KNOW A CODE SEQUENCE THAT WILL WORK?

Comments

• bwhalerbwhaler Member Posts: 9
    I also would like to know how to override the Nav for destinations. I understand the liability from Toyota and their reasoning for makeing it lock-out the user while the vehicle is in motion. Having said that, I see no logical reason why my wife (or any passenger) can't use it while in motion. It is not easy to search, set a destination on the highway - not very convenient to exit and pull over to use the Nav. :(

I have a 2007 Highlander. Would like to know how to override the destination lock-out. What would be the sequence for the 2006 models? Does it really not work with the 2007?? :confuse:
  • stevegoldstevegold Member Posts: 185
    The sequence is:
    Menu (hard button)
    Volume (on screen button)
    Upper left corner
    Lower left corner
    Upper left corner
    Lower left corner
    Override (on screen button) Hold until it beeps
    Back (on screen button)

coastaletech.com will also be selling a hardware device called Lockpick that will accomplish the over ride but it's not ready yet.
    The on screen over ride is the way to go if we can find someone who will share it with us. That's how I got it for my 2004 Prius.
    I tried the above sequence for my 2007 Highlander. It didn't work - did not see any dialog box pop-up for a system override. Does anyone else have a method? Sounds like it was changed for 2007, which is surprising since this is its last year for current model production...

Look forward to the responses. I imagine it to be written in a Toyota service manual for the shop techs.. Thank you.
    Anyone have any thoughts on how to enter the service mode for the 2007 Nav systems to override the lock-out?

Thanks.
    I would like to know how to override the Nav for destinations. I understand the liability from Toyota and their reasoning for makeing it lock-out the user while the vehicle is in motion. Having said that, I see no logical reason why my wife (or any passenger) can't use it while in motion. It is not easy to search, set a destination on the highway - not very convenient to exit and pull over to use the Nav.

I have a 2007 Highlander. Would like to know how to override the destination lock-out. I tried the sequence listed above and it didn't work. I guess the 2007 models are different... :confuse:
  • my001my001 Member Posts: 17
    Grounding the speed pulse wire in some in-dash-navi will do it but not sure the Navi in HL.
  • gmcquestongmcqueston Member Posts: 2
    Anyone have any update on over-riding the Nav for a 2007 HL hybrid
  • t_mooneyt_mooney Member Posts: 5
    Arrgh. I was looking for this too after having to pull over on a very narrow shoulder 70 MPH road at night with tractor trailers flying by because I was running out of gas, though my wife could certainly have run the NAV system from the passenger seat. I have plenty of nannies in Washington, I don't need additional ones in Japan putting my life in jeopardy while they think they're "protecting" me :-)
This discussion has been closed.