Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

How do you change electronic coolant temperature sensor?

jetendersandhujetendersandhu Member Posts: 1
edited April 2014 in Isuzu
I've tried finding out how to change an electronic coolant temperature sensor on a 1994 Isuzu Trooper, and I would like to know how to do so. I need to know how to install it.

Comments

• atfdmikeatfdmike Member Posts: 414
    Looks like you have a chore to do this, as the coolant temperature sensors appear to be located at the rear of the engine. I have seen it mentioned in other posts that it is hard to get to, but don't know from personal experience.

Here is link to a picture taken from the rear of the engine while on an engine stand. good luck.

http://www.carspace.com/atfdmike/Albums/trooper/sensor.jpg/page/photo.html#pic
  • eatoeato Member Posts: 1
    hi, i'm having the same problem with this sensor. has there been anymore info posted? thanks
  • atfdmikeatfdmike Member Posts: 414
    This is a shot from the rear of the engine. Looks pretty difficult to get to. Hope this helps.

http://www.carspace.com/atfdmike/Albums/Isuzu Trooper/sensor.jpg/page/photo.html#pic
  • daddo4daddo4 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I have a 1999 4x4 trooper with auto trans, it has a harsh shift from first to second. please advise me what could be problem and possible and repair. thank very much.
  • daddo4daddo4 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 1999 Trooper 4x4 that started to have a harsh shift
    from first to second. What could be the problem. Please advise me what it could be and how to repair. thanks much
  • gahlgahl Member Posts: 7
    if it's the same as '92 & '93 looks like you have to pull the intake manifold - you'll want to be sure that sensor needs replacing
  • bigv80bigv80 Member Posts: 1
    Hi i have a 2004 mazda 6 I was wondering if you can tell me where is engine coolant temperature is and how do you change it ? Thanx
  • woodpusherwoodpusher Member Posts: 7
    First off it is technically called a "sender unit" secondly there is more then one. One reading temp coming in one reading temp going out. Find out which one you need to replace. I ll assume you got a check engine light the trouble code should tell you which one is at fault. So lets say you did all that stuff I mentioned. Removing the sending unit is easy make sure the car is cold find out the right size wrench you need disconnect the wires put the new one in connect the wires check coolant level .
  • bohn1bohn1 Member Posts: 1
    COOLANT TEMP. SENSOR LOCATION FORD F150 2004 5.4 3 VALVE CODE PO119 :confuse:
This discussion has been closed.