Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Land Rover LR2 Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

12346»

Comments

• roveretteroverette Member Posts: 6
    I've had my LR2 since last November and have 7300 miles on it. Not a single problem with it at all. I need to take it in for the sunroof recall, but I have not had the sunroof problem.

It's been a great vehicle so far and I would recommend it to anyone.

The dealer also gave me pricing over the phone before the test drive.
    Mine had 190 miles on it when I purchased it. It stickered for 39k and I got it for 32k (plus sales tax). Pretty hard to pass up a deal like that.
  • weideweide Member Posts: 2
    My dealer in Scottsdale AZ (2 locations) has been my source for my last 2 Land Rovers. Last week I was in the market for a new LR2 HSE. Supply at the dealership was low but a 2008 LR2 HSE (loaded $41400) with 4500 miles on it (company loaner) was my choice.
    In the past and now I have gone for the Certified Vehicle that has the extended 6 year 75000 mile warranty. I made the purchase for $36100.

Marv Weide
  • dcomberdcomber Member Posts: 27
    Hi,

Looking to purchase a LR2 HSE with Tech package in the Chicago area sometime in June and July. Just was wondering what the current pricing should be on one at this time, especially considering the fuel costs and economy. Also want to know what incentives LR is offering right now. Just looking to negotiate a good price on the car for a lease. I'm in a lease for a 2005 Honda Accord Coupe w/ Navi that is in good condition so wouldnt mind trading that in early to another dealer if need be.

Thanks for all your help.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter would like to consumers who are looking to purchase an SUV right now. Please respond to ctalati@edmunds.com with your daytime contact information along with the vehicle(s) you are researching or looking to purchase no later than Tuesday, June 3rd.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• ted_lewinted_lewin Member Posts: 1
    I leased a new 2008 LR2 HSE with cold climate package for $509/mo in May. The car had 80 miles on it. I paid the first month with no down payment 24-month, 10500m/year lease. Lease includes VA sales tax, VA property tax and all other fees.

So far I am only driving in downtown DC area and mileage is around 13mpg for speeds at10mph.
  • lr2loverlr2lover Member Posts: 1
    I found the only LR2 (white, beige interior, no tech but has bluetooth) in the Los Angeles area that I wanted and the guy wants to give me a 24 mo./10,500 mi lease for $465 per month and $3650 out of pocket. Wanted to know if anyone in Cali has bought or leased one recently and if this is a good deal. He says to buy, it would be $37326 out the door. Thanks
  • 19g8319g83 Member Posts: 4
    I have been shopping around the LA area for a fully loaded LR2. Searching these forums I saw that the Land Rover dealer in West Hollywood was a good place to go. Someone said that they were pretty straight forward and would sell for $350 above invoice.

When I spoke to a sales rep on the phone he told me they were in such demand he couldn't let it go for less than $1000 over invoice. His invoice price was $38,208 which is about $500 more than what Edmunds says a fully loaded Land Rover is.

When I asked about a lease he told me it would work out to $625/month for 24 months at 10,500 miles a year. Does this sound extremely high to anyone else?
    I have been shopping around the LA area for a fully loaded LR2. Searching these forums I saw that the Land Rover dealer in West Hollywood was a good place to go. Someone said that they were pretty straight forward and would sell for $350 above invoice.

When I spoke to a sales rep on the phone he told me they were in such demand he couldn't let it go for less than $1000 over invoice. His invoice price was $38,208 which is about $500 more than what Edmunds says a fully loaded Land Rover is.

When I asked about a lease he told me it would work out to $625/month for 24 months at 10,500 miles a year. Does this sound extremely high to anyone else?

As I read through these forums, people seem to be getting far better deals on fully loaded LR2's.
  • mbarcusmbarcus Member Posts: 1
    Looking at a 2008 LR2 HSE with cold climate package, bluetooth, and Sirius radio. It is a service loaner that the dealership is selling. It has 7200 miles on it. Selling price is $29995 (before any haggling). Being sold with the remainder of the 4yr/50000 mile warranty. Can lease it for $460/month (3yr lease-12k miles/yr) + tax, first payment, fees (or $490/month with taxes included). No other money down. Thoughts?
    Check out what some of the used ones are going for on Autotrader.com. This seems to be in the ball park.

19g83
  • bmac3bmac3 Member Posts: 2
    Recently purchased (end of June) a Stornoway Grey w/ Ebony interior with Cold Climate, Lighting, and Bluetooth/Sirius from the Paramus, NJ dealer. Shopped long and hard for this one. There is (or at least was in June) a $1,500 manufacturer to dealer rebate, it wasn't mentioned on any of the websites (Edmunds, KBB, or Consumer Reports). Therefore with enough pushing, I was getting anywhere for $1,000 to $1,500 under invoice from various dealers. The Paramus dealer ended up at $34,300 including destination, which is about $1,000 under invoice, but they beat competing trade in offers by a mile ($1,850) on my 2005 8 Cyl Jeep GC so they won my business. There was also a small doc fee around $150.
  • mrj0001tjmrj0001tj Member Posts: 6
    For what it's worth, I bought my LR2 back in March. Has everything but Tech package. Also is Narvik Black or whatever it's called for additional $300. I did a bit of haggling and even threatened to walk away if not given the price I wanted. I ended up paying $32,998. At the time this was in the ballpark of what Edmunds said I should be paying for it.I bought it as opposed to a lease though. Oh, and I live in CT.
  • ucla95ucla95 Member Posts: 12
    Just bought a new 2008 Black HSE loaded (MSRP $41,800) for $35,138 and that included free floormats (both rubber and carpet). $3500 dealer cash for month of October meant that they did it for $500 over the adjusted invoice roughly. Paid $175 in dealer fees so they still did well; but I did get the same as Carmax offered me for my trade too.
  • sixthflicksixthflick Member Posts: 47
    DO NOT GO TO Jaguar Land Rover Mission Viejo!!! I leased my 2008 LR2 from them in Oct 07 and had the WORST customer service out of any dealership I've ever purchased a vehicle from. I ended up speaking directly with LR's U.S. Manager in order to get anything done - ended up having them pay for one of my lease payments due to poor customer service.

I would highly recommended Land Rover Miramar in San Diego!
  • ryounglawryounglaw Member Posts: 6
    I am looking to buy a 2008 LR2 HSE. The sales person has offered 33K for a 2008 LR2 HSE with nav, lighting, bluetooth and cold weather, all the options. He will not move on price. Is this a really good deal. thanks for the help
  • lrguy44lrguy44 Member Posts: 2,197
    Yes
    it has 3k miles - forgot to say that
    Got it for 31,000 including destination. Tech, cold climate, nav and bluetooth in blue with alpaca. Got lowjack and trire warranty for an extra 1k. Good deal???
    I pulled the trigger on December 31, 2008 when they offered my 31K and no destination for a fully load 2008 LR2 (41,400.00 list). I got Low Jack and the tire/brake/rim warranty for another 1K. The car has 800 miles. Store owner drove it for a few days. Color blue with alpaca interior. Good price? No where around here would even try to get close. Baltimore, Maryland
  • jessica873jessica873 Member Posts: 11
    does anyone have a 2009 lr2? how do u like it? any problems? price paid?
  • rocknroll389rocknroll389 Member Posts: 31
    Hi, hopefully someone can respond but I know these boards aren't frequented often. I have 2 choices for a possible purchase and some advice would be great:

#1: Offer for a Demo 08 LR2 HSE model with cold climate package, 10,000 miles, for $26,000.

#2: Demo 08 LR2 HSE with cold climate, technology, and bluetooth packages, 8,000 miles, $29,000
    Which one should I go for (is the nav system and upgraded audio worth it?) and are these pretty good deals or should I strive to get lower? Thanks in advance.
  • vgupta_98vgupta_98 Member Posts: 12
    Paid $27125 + tax & fees for a total of $29.9K for a New 2009 LR2 HSE. Sticker was exactly 10K more at $37125. No miles on the car.
  • grusongruson Member Posts: 17
    Go for the #2 for sure! little less miles and the upgrades are worth it! Sound system is killer.
  • nickr1nickr1 Member Posts: 51
    Hi, what is the current model LR2 for sale? Is it 2009? Are there any new 2008s? Or new 2010s? Are 2010s coming soon? What is the standard lease deal for these 3 years, if indeed all three years are available for lease? The new Sport and RR and LR3 seem to have a lot of changes coming this year, what about the LR2, I barely hear it mentioned? Why is that?

I find Land Rover prices, especially the LR2, incredibly complicated and anything but standard across the board, especially the lease, which seems to change from dealer to dealer and from month to month. I also notice, that even though this is their entry level model and competes with suv's like the Jeep and the Ford Edge, it seems they never have lease incentives or sales or anything that reduces the price. I was offered an 09 for $637 a month with 3.5k down, what? That's insane.

The dealers (in NY) also act like the car is in great demand, yet I almost never see any on the road. I live in a tony area (Westchester) and I see tons of Sports and RR's, but rarely any LR2s. So, why does it seem like they are not selling, and that LR doesn't care? Is this my imagination, or are they actually cheap and a good deal, and tons of people buy and drive them? Seriously, this is a confusing marketing plan, and a weird deal for what should be a straightforward car, economical car. I think it may have the worst lease deal in auto history, for it's base price, can you think of one similar suv that has a worse lease deal?

Also, does Land Rover, for an LR2, honor the cash for clunkers program?

Thanks if you know.
  • westiethewillywestiethewilly Member Posts: 32
    Read your post. At dealer over the weekend in NJ. First, lease is not happening with this car right now. they want you to buy, that is where the incentive is right now. It is zero APR up to 48 months. you want to lease, than the Sport is where the discount is because there is a new model in 2010, I think. Second, I think the Lr2 is price right but it does lack the plush compare to other small SUV. Lexus, Audi, Benz, Bmw, Volvo. I was quoted invoice at $ 38k for a $ 41k 09' LR2. Buying the car with zero interest is not bad compare to other lease deals on all of the other brand name cars. You are in the mid 6's along with inception fees for another $ 1500 to $ 2000 and get nothing at the end of the lease. Third, my problem is the reliability of this car ? my sister had the Lr3 and was at the service all the time for minor issues. She was so happy when the lease was up and got a MDX. This car came out in 08' and there are no records yet of issues ? I like the look exterior wise but a bit short on the interior. Have not decided yet, will see if the Q5 have dropped in price or more incentives for Aug before I buy. Also, the LR2 has the lowest power of all the others too ! and gas mileage not better. I can be reach at jwfinancialservices@comcast.net
  • nickr1nickr1 Member Posts: 51
    Thanks, but why don't they want you to lease it, all the other car dealers have no problem with leases? They want you to lease the Sport, what's the problem with the LR2?

You're right, the Sport lease is okay for such a nice car, but I had an 03 Freelander (former LR2) and it was $27,000, so go figure. It really looks to me like LR tried to up the ante on the Freelander by changing it's name, it's headlights and it's price. But consumers are far too savvy these days and do too much shopping. It's clear to me that the BMW, the Audi and Infiniti have nicer looking and better performing suv's for the same price.
    It really looks to me like LR tried to up the ante on the Freelander by changing it's name, it's headlights and it's price
    You do not know the LR2 at all. There is not one component from the Freelander in the LR2. The engine and chassis was co developed with Volvo. In fact, the front seating is the same as the Sport has. If you had followed automotive finance news in the last 2 years, you would know that leasing is not nearly as attractive as years gone by. Many banks including GMAC and Chrysler got out of leasing completely. It does not get the update that the other LRs did because it is newer. In fact, it already has some of the updates the other models are getting. Drive it, learn it, then make comments.
  • jaguar16jaguar16 Member Posts: 7
    Jaguar is now an Indian beast (according to the Indian press AND Tata Group) thanks to Tata Motor's 100% acquisition of JLR. Land Rover/Range Rover is also fine Indian heritage now. Both now high quality Indian luxury cars. Power to JLR's new Indian owners/masters.

Already Jaguar/Land Rover are establishing component sourcing offices in India. Soon they may be entirely "Made in India".....yessss!
    Actually, Mr Tata himself has said on many occasions that the major goal is for Jaguar-Land Rover to retain thier heritage. Production will continue in England for the forseeable future. One thing they have done is open India to the vehicle. I was surprised it was not as we are sold in over 167 countries. By the way, I think you set a record on posting the same post on over 7 forums.
  • navyscponavyscpo Member Posts: 20
    I am thinking about buying a 2010 LR2 with Cold Climate Pkg and the Lighting package. Sticker is around 39450, they will sell it to me for $34000. Sounds like a good deal. I was thinking about buying a 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe limited with FWD and Nav which stickered at 31000. They said they would sell it to me for 30299. Sounds like for a few more thousand I can drive an LR2. I don't care about the nav. I know alot of people have had maintenance problems but alot more owners haven't had any major problems either. Anyone offered a better deal on an LR2?
  • westiethewillywestiethewilly Member Posts: 32
    My 2 cents, I brought my LR2 in 8/09. $ 41,??? with Cold Pkg, Light Pkg, & Nav. They sold it to me for $ 37 K and with Zero Finance 48 months. I put down 1K only. Why not, use their money insead of mine. Your deal seems better. Make sure no other fees other than inception. The truck drives great in bad weather as well as dry roads. Getting 20 mpg city/hwy. It looks great and so far no problems after 6k of driving. I know is the lowest model in land rover but it is still a land rover, next time maybe the Sport. Good luck !
    Thanks for the info. I am picking it up next week. I drove alot of SUV's and the LR2 was the right one. Plus there are not many on the roads in Rhode Island where I live. There are tons of Lexus/ Audi etc SUV's I am getting the Red which looks really nice. Thanks
  • kjmass1kjmass1 Member Posts: 1
    Just took delivery of a 2010 LR2 HSE. Was looking at used, was able to get a 2010 for $7K off! Paid 29,999 plus destination with climate package. Very happy.
  • metclubinmetclubin Member Posts: 3
    I got a similar deal at Land Rover Chantilly dealer. Got this weekend a 2010 LR2 with HSE Lux package (climate, lighting & technology) for $34325 (out the door). MSRP was $43025. Pretty nice deal I guess and loved my commute on the beltway this morning :-)
  • can50turtlecan50turtle Member Posts: 11
    You should be happy with your deal. I'm looking at a similar 2010 LR2 HSE with climate package. To get a $29,999 price ... did you get $4,000 in "marketing support"? I'm trying to figure out how to get a similar deal. On the Edmunds site I see three separate "marketing support" promotions, each at $2,000. One is dealer cash, one is Independent ATS, and one is ATS Lease. I'm planning on simply buying this car without financing or leasing. I know I qualify for the first promotion ... not sure if I also qualify for the second? I'm finding it a little difficult to understand.
  • gustan9644gustan9644 Member Posts: 1
    Presitge LR in Paramus is offering a bunch of 2010 LR2 HSEs (cold climate package) off dealer loan for b/w 26.5 and up to 28k that have generally between 3k-10k miles. My initial response was that this was a good deal considering MSRP is mid 30s and if I price even the non luxury brands that are quasi equivalent (Ford Escape Hybrid, GMC Terrain, Toyota Rav4) with the same options as the LR2 has I am easily at 30k and above. 5k miles is essentially nothing so do you feel like I found a good deal here ?
  • lanceuppercutlanceuppercut Member Posts: 1
    That seems like a really good deal considering its a 2010 model having so few miles. I just bought a 2008 HSE with satradio/bluetooth for $21.5k with 32000miles so yours seems like a much better deal than what i got considering MY/mileage.
  • trosky19trosky19 Member Posts: 1
    I am in the market to buy the LR2 but our current lease is up in 4 months. Do you think the dealership might buy out the rest of my lease? I just know that they might be eager to get the 2010's off the site to make room for the 2011's...Thoughts?
  • chuck004chuck004 Member Posts: 1
    I am interested in the 2010 LR2/HSE with LUX package but have not found a deal as good as yours. Was this a special on just this vehicle? Many thanks for your reply.
  • chr2chr2 Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2011
    Just picked up a 2010 LR2 slightly used (1700 miles) as loaner but great condition - I can tell b/c it's still got that awesome New Car Smell. Got it for $29.4k, plus a decent trade-in for my Freelander from Prestige in Paramus NJ.

But did I get hosed on the extended service? $4400 for the 7 yr/100,000 mile deal with $200 deductible. At least this plan is supposedly honored by all Rover dealers. But what are guys all paying? Or did you not even get the extended coverage? I do plan on running this one right into the ground, just like the Freelander I unloaded on them with 96k miles and cylinders beginning to fail daily.
    Received a quote for a 2011 Land Rover LR2 LUX package:

List $44150

Buy for: $38300 It has 3000 miles on it. Has everything including Nav and upgraded
    Audio and Leather. Seems like a great deal to me.
  • 28shortstop28shortstop Member Posts: 6
    Not a lot of data for LR2's.....just passed 28K miles and came out of its second northern New England winter. Two minor issues to date that were covered in a service alert.

Radio unit needed to be replaced and brakes were replaced under warranty. Pleasure to drive, nice vehicle, excellent in heavy snow and good handling overall. 8.5 and out of a possible 10 for me and price paid was in line with what others are seeing.....happy I skipped navi.
This discussion has been closed.