Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Land Rover LR2 Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• verdugoverdugo Member Posts: 2,286
    Thanks for clarifying that. I thought that was B/S too.
  • rovergalrovergal Member Posts: 11
    Brought ours at The Automaster in Shelburne, Vermont. Best dealership around, in our opinion. We've purchased three cars from them in five years - a Freelander HSE, a SuperCharged Range Rover, and now the LR2. And judging by the number assigned to the car out of the factory, I have the first LR2 manufactured for the US market! We paid roughly $39500 for it, loaded with every package available as well as mud flaps, wood interior trim kit, driving lamps, cargo nets, rub strips, and (as soon as its available) luggage rack.

I love it, but then I'm a Rover fan. My dream car is an old Defender! lol
  • 08lr308lr3 Member Posts: 76
    and where is the prod number located ?
  • chiponchchiponch Member Posts: 1
    Bought my new LR2 yesterday from Howard Orloff Land Rover in Chicago. Great buying experience overall. No pressure and easy to work with. This is my first Land Rover, so I needed some hand-holding and patience with stupid questions. Was close to purchasing BMW X-3, but strongly preferred the looks and feel of the LR2. Here is the pricing breakdown:

MSRP = $36,850 (Narvik black w. cold climate and lighting package; no technology package)

Negotiated Price = $35,254 (They gave me Ford X-Plan price, as they would not honor the A or Z plans -- my wife's grandfather is a Ford retiree so Z plan applied.)

Out the door with 9% Chicago tax (ouch), title, plates, fees, etc = $38,675

I would highly recommend Orloff to any other potential LR2 buyers in Chicago based on my experience.
  • dramstaddramstad Member Posts: 1
    Considering the LR2 and live in Scottsdale, any pricing experiences. If not, may take a quick trip to the west hollywood dealer people are mentioning.
  • rrosellrrosell Member Posts: 17
    JUST LOOKED AT AN LR2, MSRP IS $39,000+ WITH ALL OPTIONS. THEY WOULD SELL FOR $1500 OFF WITHOUT HAGGLING, SO I GUESS THERE'S MORE. I LOVE THIS VEHICLE. ALMOST BOUGHT AN X3, BUT AM GLAD I SAW THIS ONE. FIT, FINISH PAINT AND ALL IS SUPERB. 4.9% IS THE ONLY INCENTIVE. I WONDER IF THE QUALITY WILL GET BETTER OR WORSE AS THEY PRODUCE MORE? FAVORITE COLORS, ANYONE?
    nazca sand.. .give me your e-mail and I'll drop you some photos.. :shades:
    THANKS IN ADVANCE! ROSELLRIC@COMCAST.NET FOR THE PICS. THE ONLY THING I DIDN'T LIKE WAS LACK OF A CENTER CONSOLE. I THINK THIS WILL BE A WINNER IF THE RELIABILITY HOLDS UP. WE'LL SEE. THANKS AGAIN. RICH.
    sent (:
    PICTURES HAVE NOT COME IN. PLEASE RETRY. THANKS.
  • bmw325xi1bmw325xi1 Member Posts: 4
    I appreciate all the info provided here and on Lease page. Since lease rates were just grossly uncompetitive (I could lease the Volvo xc90 and lexus rx330 for less) we went with the purchase - thinking we can flip before 4 yrs if a problem.

We bought blue/ tan interior with navigation, lights and heated seats and luggage rack for $38,200.

The car includes so man things that are extras at other companies - I think the value is pretty good.

Dealer in Darien CT was decent to deal with if you're close by.
  • jax10jax10 Member Posts: 36
    british rover,
    Looked at LR2, salesman told me, nothing to talk about on the price, it is on the sticker...said something about 5.9 interest...I told him I had read on internet some people were buying them for 500 above invoice,....he did NOT mention Xplan pricing, whatever that is?? Told him I was going to sell my Tahoe myself.....I have a 2005 Chev. Tahoe LT, FULLY loaded, everything EXCEPT navigation...bucket seats, third row, DVD entertainment pkg, towing pkg.,...38,700 miles, I owe too much money on it...don't think I can sell it for what it is worth...should I go to another salesman, ask for a deal figured with trade-in & one without also?? Would the sales tax money from the trade-in make up for the cheaper price they will give me...may not can sell it myself unless I lose alot of money, but then again, they may not give me near enough for it...??? How do I get the best deal??? Wait longer to get a better deal on the price of the LR2? When did this model come out, April? When does the next one come out?
    Just wanted the base, none of the option pkgs., they are too expensive...don't need heated seats, etc.. Thanks.
    don't forget to check out the VW Touareg - if I had remembered they had an SUV, I wouldn't be driving a LR right now. LR is great and all don't get me wrong, but I do believe I'll have a VW in my garage end of 08 ;) right now 08's are going at invoice in the states and a 399 lease deal just expired.
    08lr3: Thanks for the reply...just bought a VW Jetta (daughter) couple of months ago & we love it. Will look at their SUV, thanks.
    BRITISH ROVER,

I had questions for you, up above #64....Please read #64.

Anyone else??? Can you buy a LR2, the base, with none of the options pkgs. for anywhere close to INVOICE PRICE? What is the best price?? Did they come out in April?? Can you get the best price by waiting longer?? Thanks.
  • abuaishaabuaisha Member Posts: 15
    where do you live?
    texas
  • british_roverbritish_rover Member Posts: 8,502
    I haven't been watching checking this thread lately so I missed your post.

In Texas you can probably get a base LR2 with no options. Just call your nearest dealer and tell them you want a base car without heated seats. If they don't have one call another dealer or ask that dealer to locate one for you.

This isn't some mass market Japanese brand or even a nearly mass market German brand so don't expect any invoice pricing. Land Rover makes all of their vehicles in the whole world out of two factories and they simply don't have to volume to offer the giant incentives that other brands do. Make an offer of such and such above invoice and see what happens. The worst they can say is no and hopefully they will counter with a number that is agreeable to you.

Yes the LR2 came out April 4th in the US and in either October or November for the UK. The LR2 has been selling pretty well so inventories aren't backing up. Our inventory had gotten down so low that we were buying extra LR2s from port along with a couple from other dealers. We have a more comfortable supply now but it is still only enough for six weeks or so.
    British Rover,
    Thanks for the reply, I understand what you are talking about the market...
    I read some people bought them for $500 over invoice? What do you think I could get one for? The base, no options...I would need the towing access, is there any discount on those accessories,or is that a set price? The salesman I talked to said the price is the sticker, MSRP, I don't want to talk to him again....Also, closest dealer is 2 hours away, is that a bad decision to have to go that far in the event that I should get a "lemon".... Never shopped for these before...also, could you read my message above (#64) and tell me what you think about the trade-in...should I take it to a Car Max dealer...or what, this is my first time to sell or trade anything since my husband passed away recently, read alot of posts, you seem like a nice person & like you know what you are talking about that is why I was asking your opinion....THANKS.
  • lrguy44lrguy44 Member Posts: 2,197
    To get a deal at or below invoice, find a retired service loaner. It will have about 4-8k miles on it, but you will save some money.
  • zbobzbob Member Posts: 6
    Just joined. Hello! I bought my LR2 SE from Manhattan Auto in Rockville, MD a few days ago. Standard base package plus cold climate, negotiated base price 33,800 + taxes, title etc. 35,800 total price. Got a great trade in on my 2004 Civic ValuePack (9500). Also free floor mats. Nice vehicle. Bought it for the wife but now I want one too.
    she keeps the LR2, you buy a VW Touareg 2 ;)
  • prctjprctj Member Posts: 5
    Ready to buy LR2.
    Seek best price and service in Boston area.
    Any recommendation? :shades:
    Simoniz is an exclusive paint sealant and fabric protection. Dealer offers $400

Venture Shield si to protect hood, front bumper. Dealer offers $500

Are the two products worth buying? Are they good price? :shades:
  • u2fan1967u2fan1967 Member Posts: 19
    prctj,
    In our immediate area, there are 6 Land Rover dealers:
    Boylston
    Peabody
    Norwood
    Sudbury
    Hanover
    Hyannis (Cape Cod)

I'm not sure what area your in. I personally only know about Peabody and Sudbury and highly recommend Land Rover of Sudbury (Herb Chambers group) - It used to be called Land Rover Metro West. They are great to work with and very fair on price for sale and trade. Bottom line is they treat their customers with respect. To me, it worth driving a little further to another dealer (and even paying a few extra bucks) if they treat me respectfully.

Regarding price, there is tons of info on this very thread regarding who paid what. That should give you a baseline on where you should be. There are no "steals" on an LR2 and leases are not aggressive.

For example, 3% over invoice is an excellent price. E.g. I paid $33,400 for an LR2 with cold pack only. A very fair price. Some folks on here are in the $38k range for an LR2 with the big 3 (cold, lighting, tech). Then contrast that to the fact that some folks on this board are paying full MSRP in other parts of the country. Which is nuts, but those dealers in those specific areas (Southern US) are holding strong.

Either way, hope this info helps. You will love the LR2 its a great vehicle and a great value. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
  • u2fan1967u2fan1967 Member Posts: 19
    Skip em. They are high profit items that dealers try to trap you into to make a few more bucks. There not worth it. Just clean your own vehicle and take care of it. Besides, the LR2 comes with leather so you don't need fabric protection. Just keep the seats clean like the owners manual says or use some Armor All leather wipes. ;-)
  • anushka1anushka1 Member Posts: 1
    We just purchased a brand new LR 2. We want to thank everybody for this forum because we learned a lot before going to the dealership. We knew how much other people have paid for it and that gave us an idea about the best price. I have found a dealership through Costco auto buying program that gives big discounts on LR 2. We live in Phoenix AZ and the participating dealership was in Tucson AZ that is about 2 hours away. A sales person has contacted us and told us over the phone that they are going to give us a $3,250 off MSRP on any vehicle we want. So the price on a base LR 2 would be $31,450 which is $524 more then invoice without a delivery charge (MSRP is $34,700). So we took this quote to the dealership by our house where we test drove LR 2 and they matched that price without any hesitation. So we got a Brand new LR2 with 14 miles on it for $31,450 plus taxes and license. We are very excited and pleased with the whole buying experience. So if you do not have a Costco membership it cost only $100 per year but will save you $3,250 on a new car. Best deal ever?
    Thanks, u2fan1967.

I also highly recommend Land Rover of Sudbury. I am very happy with my buying experience as well. A couple of days after I closed the deal and paid the deposit, they still tried to match another dealership's deal and lowered $1000 for me. It is amazing!

I paid $33,345 for LR2 with cold climate option. $33,345 is drive out price including destination fee, tax, registration and tag fee. It is pretty good deal, I think.

I definitely would not recommend Norwood dealership. I don't like their selling style at all. They give you too much pressure and push too hard.

Is your price $33,400 also drive out price which includes every fee?

By the way, if dealer offers you a test-drive car with about 400 miles on it by $1000 cheaper than original price, will you take it? Does it matter for being a test-drive car?
  • bgsntthbgsntth Member Posts: 92
    I noticed on the site that Edmunds is listing $3K in marketing support-a first for the LR2. Has anyone gotten a dealer to acknowledge this? I'm thinking that $5-$5.5K off MSRP should be realistic now,if so.
    not sure, but I'll sell you mine for 36500 - all packages, running boards, and ipod adapter, side door protectors - 4600 mls
    What happened? I thought you were happy with your LR2.
  • landrover1landrover1 Member Posts: 15
    That was my thought also but NOOOOOOOOOO.

Best offer I have is
    897.08 total drive off ---Includes first payment and DMV

572.84 total per month 36 month lease at 12k miles per yr.

The dealership also has this deal:

All New 2008 LR2 SE
    Only $399 Month!
    Short 24 month lease + tax*
    $2,995 DOWN-$3,995 TOTAL DRIVE OFFS*
    *24 MO., 10.5k MPY lease + tax and license;
    $.20 mile over 21,000; ZERO security deposit;
    On approved above average credit with LRCG;
    This exact lease price good on one 2008 LR2 SE
    in stock with an MSRP of $34,800 (VIN#031742); Offer ends October 31st, 2007.
    You can't combine the 3,000 dollars of marketing support with a lease.
    plus, at that MSRP, its bone stock (but still loaded more than others)

and with the 3k - there goes the resale values.

and. . 399 matches the lease of V6 VW Touareg

and... a dealer quoted trade value of 08 loaded LR2 (all 3 packages) of my LR2 of 22-25 k - :lemon:
    Hi, still thinking about the LR2, only looked at one, salesman told me, "it is the price on the sticker"....so I left. Still think that is what I want...No good resale value? You are unhappy with yours?? Could you tell me about it? thanks.
    plus, at that MSRP, its bone stock (but still loaded more than others)

Just because you can't get the marketing support with the lease doesn't mean you have to pay MSRP for the lease. It shouldn't be too hard to get 1,500 to 2,000 dollars off a LR2 SE right now.

and with the 3k - there goes the resale values.

Almost all cars get marketing support or a rebate at some point. Better to have marketing support on the car then rebates like the domestics and Toyota do.

and. . 399 matches the lease of V6 VW Touareg

Your point? Land Rover's almost never have good lease deals as Land Rover rarely offers lease subvention.

and... a dealer quoted trade value of 08 loaded LR2 (all 3 packages) of my LR2 of 22-25 k

You have picked the trifecta for the worst time of trading in a new vehicle.

1. You have only owned for six months at the most but have already taken a full year of depreciation.

2. The car has only been on the market for six months so it has zero wholesale history. Makes it real hard for dealer to come up with a number so they just throw something out there.

3. The marketing support that is out there right now makes it easier to get a brand new one.

Wait six to nine more months to trade in the LR2 if you must trade it in and you might actually see more money for it. The marketing support will be gone which helps you. There will be some wholesale history to give a dealer some idea what value your car has. You can spread your depreciation out some more.
    Better to have marketing support on the car then rebates like the domestics and Toyota do.

British_rover, how does marketing support work? And what makes it better than the rebate?

Thanks.
    Marketing support is just another word for dealer cash. It isn't taxed and just reduces the price of the car.

Rebates are taxed and tend to reduce resale value more as they get advertised a lot.
    Thanks for the explanation.
  • azlr2azlr2 Member Posts: 1
    I had trouble with one dealer in our area so I went elsewhere. Just purchased loaded LR2 (tech, lights, rack) for $36,771. MSRP was 42,950. I told them what I wanted to pay and was going to walk out when they changed their minds and took it. Good luck with your purchase.
    Thanks for the reply.
    Can you give me more details...is that the price after tax & all fees?
    What rack, luggage on top?
    no cold pack? I don't need cold pack, but want satellite radio, not really navigation, so much for tech pack if you only want satellite radio, but don't want wires everywhere, I guess I need to get tech pack. Also would like tow/trailer package.
    If you buy at a dealership out of state I heard that the closest one to you where you would go for service won't give you loaner car if needed?? Closest ones to me are 2 hours away anyway, but may have to go further to get best deal... Appreciate any additional info. Thanks.
  • muddyymuddyy Member Posts: 60
    Hi. A loaded SE, tech nav, lighting, cold pack, is 39,950 now and always has been. Two questions: how did you figure 42,950, and how did you get it for 36,771? Was this purchase or lease?

Is anyone else getting a loaded SE for 36,771?

Here is what a dealer just told me today: the lease incentive is 3k down, 350/month for 24 months if you get cold pack with lighting pack only. Nav adds 100/month, so a loaded SE leases for 450/month with 3k down. The catch is: lease applies to only what is on the lot so getting your color and package is not easy. Also, lease deal ends before new SE's come in so you can't order your color and package and wait for the car, it's now or never.

Rumour on HSE: lease will be close to 800/month.
  • midwestmike1midwestmike1 Member Posts: 5
    Just bought brand new LR2 HSE. The sticker was 39,100. It has the lighting pack, cold climate, bluetooth and sirus sat (not the tech package). I purchased for 37,100 and that was like pulling teeth. I drove to another dealership two hours away and they wanted 38,500. I got the black on black and get to pick it up in two hours!
  • tredferntredfern Member Posts: 20
    I did not know you could get the Sirius Satellite Radio on the LR2 without getting the $3000 + tech package....did it come that way???
    $37,100 is that with tax & fees or without??
    Thanks.
    The LR2 HSE can have just Bluetooth and SAT radio as stand alone options for 800 dollars.

The LR2 SE had to have bluetooth and SAT Bundled in with Nav and the upgraded sound system.
    Thanks for the answer.

Can you get 4.9% on the HSE?
    I guess you could get a lot better deal on the SE now with the 4.9% for 60 months & $3000. marketing support...?
    That is what I really should try to do, but I don't think I would use navigation & I do want the Satellite radio, so I would save money with the HSE as far as that goes...?
    You cannot get both the dealer cash and the 4.9%. It is either one or the other.
    British Rover,
    is that right, I thought you could get 4.9% & $3000.....what does "combined with" mean? Did not understand it was one or the other?
    And can you get 4.9% for 60 on the HSE?

$3000 Cash to Dealer start: 10/03/2007 end: 01/07/2008

Restrictions $3000 Dealer cash may be combined with 3.9% APR - 4.9 % APR and vehicle must be financed through the manufacturer's captive finance company.
    My compatibility matrix says no to the 3.9 or 4.9 with the 3,000 dollars of dealer cash. It does say that the 3.9 and 4.9 APRs will apply to the LR2 HSE.
    Agree totally - The LRNA ATS bulletin specifically states that subvened finance programs (lease or purchase) DO NOT qualify for the $3000 dealer cash.
This discussion has been closed.