Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Civic Type R (JDM) Released

jacksan1jacksan1 Member Posts: 504
edited March 2014 in Honda
Honda has just released the Civic TypeR in the Japanese market :

http://www.honda.co.jp/CIVICTYPE-R/

It comes with K20A VTEC which puts out 165 kW (221 hp) @ 8,000 RPM (!) and a 21.9 kgm (158.4 lb-ft) torque @ 6,100 RPM, along with a 6-speed MT that has been specially designed for this car.

Comments

• eldainoeldaino Member Posts: 1,618
    this is a cool car! I wish our si got k20 variant. Give me the euro hatch with this engine and it will be great! 2 type r's and none for the american market. I love and hate honda. At least give us some kind of hatchback!
  • iomaticiomatic Member Posts: 48
    How do we get our Si engines to Type-R spec?
  • bluemoon1bluemoon1 Member Posts: 1
    hi,
    new to site but love honda's.
    seen the new type-r five door and have contacted honda uk,ask about if being placed on the uk market but still no positive response.
    loved the japanese site but not able to read japanese.
    i live on a small island called the isle of man.
    woo! quite a bit; depending on which type r you are wanting to emulate.

You could just wait a few years and get a used engine imported over, but otherwise you'll have to get the parts honda used, or at least get ready to lay down some dough, increasing power without resorting to forced induction is costly.

the type r (jdm) has about almost 20lbs of torque and a little more than 20hp so i guess a free flowing exhaust, headers, a valve job, new camshafts, new pistons etc. would be in order and that would at least get you on your way. You could proably find the actuall components yourself, but anything jdm in this vein is a long wait and costly.
  • iomaticiomatic Member Posts: 48
    I'm not looking to totally kill my decent mileage yet...
    :)

Although I'm looking at a new header, CAI, and reflash...
    (no fat teenage exhaust, thank you.)
    cool sounds good man!

headers are nice for torque, something that most honda's need.
This discussion has been closed.