Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Buick Rendezvous

Comments

• regalluvr2regalluvr2 Member Posts: 114
    jdks,

Thanks for the info on problem RDV's at your local Buick dealer.I have seen your name on here before having BCM problems,etc.I'd love to see more dealer reports like yours so we can see how many RDV owners are having problems.Since so few of the 160,000 RDV owners have posted on here its hard to get a handle on things.Most of my friends would never dream of telling their vehicle problems on the internet so just keep quiet.

The rate at dealers in my area is 25% of the RDV owners with problems and 75% with no problems.This would most likely be on the 2002-2003 models.Like I've said before one dealer we know of has had 3 total lemons out of probably less than 30 RDV's sold.Thats far-far too many.

I'm not berating any RDV owners nor their vehicles.I'd just like to see Buick build a quality product and stand behind it.We'd still own our 2002 CXL if the quality was there.It had lots of features that we liked.

OK,now for the good news.Maybe there is possibly a fix for the BCM problems.I found this at another place.Please read this below.I wish I knew how to highlight it.

I am a auto body tech for a buick dealer in FL. I also own a 04 RDV and love it. I have only had one warranty issue and that was the two front window regulators. I had to replace them because they were making noise. The right side was broken and the window was going up and down crooked. GM needs to redesign these regulators and make them out of some kind of metal instead of plastic. VW has recalled the Jetta because of the same thing and the new regulators are made of cast alluminum. If this vehicle was in a climate with snow and ice it wouldn't last a week. My vous only has 3000 miles.

The only other things I see common on these SUVs, are the rear hatch and of course the BCM. There is a recall on the hatch. The fix for the BCM I had handled the first day I owned it. It required a $2.00 hose that catches the water from your AC units condensation and deverts it to the outside. This hose is necessary to keep the water from running down the inside of the firewall under your carpet. The water travels to a pocket in the body that contains the BCM. The pocket fills up with water and shorts out the BCM. If you have a dealer that is reputable have this hose installed right away or you will have problems.

I'd say that this is well worth trying.
  • arthur25arthur25 Member Posts: 3
    I have posted several messages in the past and I am still loyal to my rendezvous. I am still happy with my 2003 cxl. I respect and feel for people who have had trouble. I have not and I would buy this vehicle again. As I have said before it is to bad people want to use this rdv section to praise honda and toyota. I know and other people know those vehicles ratings are based on just as much on opinion and what is vogue than reality. The Highlander certain is not in my opinion for my money in the same class as rdv.
  • coatingmikecoatingmike Member Posts: 44
    I have a 2003 FWD CXL with 53,000 miles on it. I won't say they are trouble-free, I had to have the passenger mirror replaced under warranty as the recall feature wasn't working right, and I had to replace the window regulator out of warranty. Overall though I love the car and I'd buy a new one again if I were a rich man. I am sorry that others have had problems, but I wanted to chime in on my experience halfway to 100K.
  • lesabre84lesabre84 Member Posts: 1
    Bought my wife a 2003 model CXL...fully loaded out...approaching 36k miles. Had the service engine soon light come on...dealer said it was the "fuel vapor pressure sensor" and replaced it under warranty....price was $98 but warranty covered it. Dealer also told me it had no effect on performance of car. It's about time for some new tires, but at that mileage that is expected. The only real problem I have with this car is MY WIFE NOT TAKING CARE OF IT. She throws empty soda cans on the floor which I have to clean weekly, and I have to remember to take it for regular oil changes.
    Our local buick dealer is awesome. The service department is awesome. Come to think of it my 99 century limited only was in service once--THE DAY I SIGNED THE PAPERS ON IT so they could check fluids and stuff....same with my 2002 Regal...my 2004 Century went to the dealer once, and that was because I BROKE the a/c control switch...
    JD power had buick ranked higher than Toyota for 2001...could it be the sleeping giant has woken up? In fact Lexus was number 1, Buick was number 2 in quality. Too bad their Century's take such an [non-permissible content removed]-kicking in depreciation. In my opinion they are a better value than toyota, DEPRECIATION aside.

For the Rendezvous...No complaints. No problems. And I would buy another one.
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,146
    Are you taking depreciation based on the 'real' selling price after rebates and discount from negotiations? Compare that with a Toyota where I'm told they try to add on extra hundreds of dollars as document fees or other fees required by the dealer owner and then check the depreciation.

I'll take the car where I can get parts quickly. And where the dealer appreciates my business.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• heather701heather701 Member Posts: 1
    I have read all the messages about problems with squeeky brakes. Has anyone been able to get their brakes fixed? I own a 2004 CXL and it has had squeeky brakes from day one. My dealer has tried to fix them but they say nothing is wrong with them and it is normal. Obviously this is not an adequate answer. Please let me know if anyone has found a solution to the squeeky brakes.
    I have had my 03 for 53000 miles and 19 months. Never once have the brakes made a squeal. Keep hounding them while you are under warranty. Good Luck
  • iglooheatiglooheat Member Posts: 32
    Over 7,000 miles of mainly stop n go traffic on our 04 CXL and no brake squeal. I'd say it's limited to your rdv and should be a warranty issue.
  • jk27jk27 Member Posts: 244
    2002 Rendezvous CXL here with 38,000 miles. No squeaky brakes in almost 3 years! Original pads. Go to a different dealer for warranty service!
  • verdi942verdi942 Member Posts: 304
    6,000 miles on my '04 FWD CX and nary a squeak from perfectly performing brakes. My neighbor's '03 CXL FWD had the problem which was fixed under warranty. Keep after them!
    One more thing I should say if your warranty does run out and you still have the issue; I had an ongoing problem with my passenger mirror. I asked a dealer to repair at 11000, 25000, and 34,000. They played the normal games. Finally at 48,000 I took it in for a non warranty repair and a different dealer actually fixed the mirror issue under original warranty because I had my attempts documented. The key is trying a different place as there are huge differences in dealers. Buick always asks me my experiences, but it never seems to change the offending dealer.
  • jbienaimejbienaime Member Posts: 4
    Consumer Reports recommends the '04. I have a few questions. I have a choice of AWD vs. FWD with traction control. Is there an advantage of one over the other? I've tried the car out for fit but haven't had a chance to test drive it yet. What are the general driving impressions? Is the a lot of lean in tight or sudden truns? How is it for kids. Especially new borns. Are there any "must have" vs. "nice to have" features. Any input would be helpful. Thanks in advance.
    Because it's the most versatile, useful vehicle we've ever owned! It drives 'like a baby carriage'- smooth, quiet, precise steering and brakes. It does lean in hard turns, but never loses its grip. The FWD, with traction control and the extra [compared to my Regal sedan] ground clearance make it an excellent snow car. Just drive carefully - no sudden changes in speed or direction - how else would you drive? AWD costs more to buy, maintain, and uses more gas, all for an occasional emergency - MAYBE. Also - the third seat is actually OK for adults; get leather because the cloth stains too easily; get the bigger engine for more pep with little gas penalty; and, nice to have but not vital, get the climate control, the 8-speaker stereo and the backup warning system. As to toting babies in it, it's the same as any SUV - higher seats than in a sedan [no bending down] and the usual carseat anchors are right there. Let us know what you decide. Good luck!
    It depends where you live. I live in Wisconsin and we have significant snow and freezing temperatures for 4-5 months of the year. Having AWD "always on" is a very comforting thought. If I hit a patch of ice on the roadway, the AWD system automatically and immediately transfers power to my other wheels. If I did not live in a wintry state, the FWD would probably be fine.

As for the mileage hit with AWD ... it's not an issue for me. AWD is EPA rated as 18/24 mpg. FWD is rated at 19/26. Both very respectable. As for maintenance costs with AWD ... I have not incurred ANY additional costs due to the AWD so far (I have 38,000 miles on my 2002 Rendezvous CXL), so I believe that's a red herring.

Bottom line: AWD adds some extra security if you will be driving on snowy, icy, or wet roads. Do you want the extra security? Or do you want to save a couple of bucks?

We also have the 3rd row seat and we haven't used it as much as I thought we would. However, you can remove the 3rd row seat by simply removing 4 bolts. Easy to do and then you can store the 3rd row seat in your garage until needed. The 3rd row is nice to have, when needed, however, and it allows us to transport 7 people pretty comfortably. 3rd row is tight, but if you want to transport adults in that row, just slide the middle row up a bit (the bench seat slides forward and backward which allows you to increase legroom for the 3rd row passengers).

Good luck!
  • tjhsmithtjhsmith Member Posts: 25
    We live in snowy New England and find that our FWD '03 Rendezvous handles slippery conditions very well. In addition to the issues mentioned by jk and verdi, AWD adds extra weight to the vehicle, so the FWD has slightly peppier acceleration.

Very happy with our Rendezvous so far. Love the way it drives overall. Would like a bit more power, but it's adequate. Very comfortable for our family of 4.

Rarely use the third row seats, but they're good to have for the few times we've needed them. Plenty of cargo volume in the back with the third row seat folded -- almost none with it up. Also, I'm not entirely comfortable with the lack of "crush space" behind the third row seat in the event of a rear-end collision.
    It is true that the AWD Rendezvous weighs 176 pounds more than the FWD. Will this really make any performance difference when we're talking about both models weighing more than 4000 pounds? I doubt it. Consider the fact that this vehicle can carry 7 passengers ... that's alot more weight than 176 pounds!

While I have no doubt the FWD works well in snow, I think it would be difficult, if not impossible, to disagree with the statement that the AWD works BETTER in snow. You have 4 wheels with power, versus only 2!

It boils down to: is the extra security of AWD worth a bit more in $? That's an easy choice, in my humble opinion.

Oh, and when the Rendezvous AWD doesn't detect any slippage (e.g. on dry pavement, everyday driving), only the front two wheels have power (helping to get better mileage). In essence, the AWD Rendezvous is a FWD Rendezvous EXCEPT when wheel slippage occurs.
    with you that the extra weight of AWD can't mean much, especially when compared to the possibility of much more weight carrying 1 to 6 passengers. However, as you note, the AWD EPA mileage rating is still slightly lower - about 1 or 2 mpg, for whatever reason [different gearing?]. It's my experience that difference can be overcome with a light foot; even at today's gas prices it's <$100/year for me, but, call me crazy, it bothers me. For the record, I've seen little difference in mpg with 2 or 7 people aboard.

I also can't argue with the 'AWD is BETTER in snow' statement, although I'd like it even better if Stabilitrak were added. But, it's also true that NO drive system can keep you safe in slippery conditions if you go too fast, make a sudden change in speed or direction, or hit some 'black ice' or the like.

My 3rd car, a '98 Jeep Cherokee Sport with 4WD, a much cruder version of the Rondy's AWD I'll admit, has an advantage only in deep snow or mud where the pulling power of 4 wheel traction has saved the day a few times. It gains NOTHING in icy going.

I've driven 2WD cars in snow for decades, and I can say that the FWD Rondy is one of the best ever. As to whether AWD is worth a 'few bucks', that's an individual call. Just MHO.

PS - Do they still ask people in Wisconsin to tie pennants to their car antennas, the better to be seen coming around those all-winter snowbanks?
  • northbayguy1northbayguy1 Member Posts: 10
    It's a great SUV for kids! I have 4 (ages 15-7)and our RDV (w/third row seat) carries them, their friends and all of their school supplies and sports equipment with ease. The seats are very comfortable and the kids have no problems getting in or out, even from the third row. While a basic RDV comes fairly well equipped, some nice features to have are the third row seat, 6-way power driver's seat, driver's information center (w/tire monitor feature), On-Star, and rear parking aid. Our RDV is a 2003 CX AWD (w/CX Plus Pkg.) and has all those features and a few more. As for the FWD vs. AWD concern and comments, I would only add that the AWD would probably give you better resell or trade-in value later. Overall, a great family SUV for the price IMO. Good luck
  • jjn2jjn2 Member Posts: 1
    Have FWD CXL with 16K miles and have been very pleased overall. After 7 Pontiac minivans, My wife and I both love the vehicle for its ride, seat comfort and features. Have had warranty problem with the rear hatch and also needed to have the whole wiper assembly replaced as wipers had a mind of their own on intermittent cycle. Currently have occasional problems with a clicking sound coming from the steering wheel when in reverse and applying the brake. When this happens, the doors will also not unlock when gear placed in park, and also will not alarm from the key fob. Has anyone experienced this problem? It will never do it at the dealer and they cannot duplicate the condition on two different occasions. Still a minor annoyance, but would definitely consider another one when lease is up.
  • gargantuagargantua Member Posts: 1
    Hello!
    I have a question... I own a 2002 cx model with the cxl upgrades. I have 41000 miles on it and purchased the car 3 months ago. First and foremost. We love the car! But, the temp guage moves up and down during a relatively short drive. My wife drove appx. 1 mile and the temp gauge maxed out, then, it would go to the normal level on the guage. Seems to have enough rad. fluid in the resavoir. No leaks, no steam. I let it idle for about 10/15 minutes. Noticed the temp guage fluctuated. Any answers/suggestions?
  • socal2socal2 Member Posts: 5
    I have a 2004 FWD CXL as well, and have been troublefree for the first 3000 miles. On a handful of occasions, I too have heard a clicking sound from the steering column while in reverse and depressing the brake pedal. It almost seemed everytime I pumped the brake, I would hear a click. However, I have not had it checked out by the dealer yet. Let me know if you got resolution on the problem
  • wdwscottieboywdwscottieboy Member Posts: 3
    I have a 2002 FWD CX Plus and was wanting to know if there are any modifcations out there for this car. I just got the car for Christmas and am ready to do some work to it. Has anyone seen anything that can be done to these, or seen rims on them that look nice?

I can't wait to see what some people have done to theirs. I would like an audio system, rims and anything else that would look nice, I've searched everywhere and can't find any done.
  • toonzeetoonzee Member Posts: 19
    Thats how my problem started before it was determined that the head gaskets were leaking
  • viktarinaviktarina Member Posts: 4
    Hi,I have 2002 Buick RDZ CXL with 18K miles. Went to dealer maybe 5times.Warranty expiration in 4months.What kind of extended warranty I need?Any suggestions?Do I have to go to dealer and ask him to check my brakes,bearings,gasket,etc.before warranty expires and say that I hear noises,maybe dealer will change all. Thanks for all responses.
  • beach15beach15 Member Posts: 1,305
    Can't help you out with the extended warranty question, but can with the other. If you're original warranty is about to run out, make up a list of things that are either wrong, broke, don't work, etc. and take it in before the time is up. These issues should be things like a vibration, rattles, radio doesn't work, etc. If you go in and tell them to check over everything like you listed, you'll probably get a bill, because that isn't what the warranty is for. The warranty is there so any problems that actually do occur in the first few years of ownership are covered and fixed no cost, with the exception of normal wear items.

So, in essence, make up a list of things that don't work, are broke, rattle, vibrate, etc. and take it into the dealer for it's "final" warranty repair. You're not going to get them to give you free new brakes, etc., by doing this, though. Like I said, unless something with one of those components actually goes wrong before the 3/36 ends, you're not going to get them to repair it no-cost.
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    You might be interested in this discussion: Extended Warranties

tidester, host
  • bruce4bruce4 Member Posts: 13
    Recently leased a 2005 RDV CXL. Equipped with 17 inch Goodyear Integrity tires. Noise, most from tires, is a major concern. Dealer says noise level is normal for vehicle. I'm talking constant noise-whether tires are hot or cold.

Buick hotline guy has been no help.
  • nextmoonnextmoon Member Posts: 386
    My suggestion is to swap out the original tires with something you like. Put the original tires in storage and swap them back on when you are returning your RDV at the end of the least.

I swapped my original Firestones after 1000 miles because they were too noisy as well. I was able to sell them as used.
    Yeah, you are probably right. What brand of tires did you but on you RDV?

Are touring tires quieter than 'regular' tires?
    I switched them to Michelin LTX (passenger) tires. They were mounted with the white stripe facing inwards (I liked it all black). They are a bit more expensive than other similiar tires. I was also considering the Michelin Cross Terrains but they were not available in a size for the RDV, at least when I checked 2 years back. Never owned touring tires myself but they are supposed to be quieter in concept.
    I have the Uniroyal Tiger Paw Touring SR on my 2002 Rendezvous CXL AWD (original equipment). I have had no problems whatsoever with these tires and I do not find them "noisy" in the least. Great traction in Wisconsin winters. I have 40,000 miles on mine so far, with lots of tread left.

They have 70,000 mile warranty and are available in blackwall ($66 each) or with raised white lettering ($76 each) from tirerack.com. Link: http://tinyurl.com/6b7ql

Good luck!
  • spiritman1spiritman1 Member Posts: 57
    Extremely happy with my RDV and love the ride....no problems so far , drive it hard and love the Tiger Paws although they don't last long cause of my hard driving but I like to put new ones on and have the extra rubber for comfort and hydroplaning......have the CXL and heads up and storage rear area.

Spiritman :)
  • spiritman1spiritman1 Member Posts: 57
    I have 87k on a CXL AWD and was blown away when I rented a FWD....the extra power was amazing....but if I do it again I will get the AWD for the snow security.
  • iglooheatiglooheat Member Posts: 32
    If it's power you're after, get the AWD and the 3.6 vvt engine. We have that combo in our '04 CXL and are quite satisfied.
    Wow, that's a lot of miles on your RDV. I would say it may be the highest mileage on this board. It's good to know.
    FYI, I received a call from local dealership today to bring the RDV in Monday morning. Buick has authorized switching out the tires for Michelins. I threatened Better Business Bureau filing last week with Buick's Customer Relationship Manager. Sure hope the Michelins are quieter and give better traction.
    I have a 2002 Rendezvous CXL without the towing package. Wondering if anybody else who does NOT have the towing package has tried towing a popup camper or something similar (e.g., 2500 - 3000 pounds). Any ideas or horror stories?

The manual states that without a towing package, the Rendezvous can tow 2000 pounds, but with a towing package, the Rendezvous can tow 3500 pounds. Can I get any of the towing package components installed now? Do I really NEED all these components to tow a popup camper? Thanks for any ideas, thoughts?

FYI, towing package includes:

* Self-leveling rear suspension
    * A larger radiator
    * Transmission fluid and engine oil coolers
    * Compressor outlet for inflating bicycle tires, rafts, and other inflatable gear
    I tow a large pop-up camper with my Rendezvous. I have the towing package and in the summertime there is a noticiable rise in the engine temperature when towing. I would not want to tow too long without at least adding a transmission cooler. I know on the pop-up boards many people have added an aftermarkdt tranny cooler. That is the one component I'd think for sure you'd want to add. Also you ought to make sure you have electric brakes on the camper which will of course mean you need to have a brake controller. Have fun Mike
  • duke516duke516 Member Posts: 2
    I am approaching the end of my 2002 CX waranty.
    what item should I have replaced/ looked at before it expires -
    I have not had any BCM problem - however I had the heater thermostat, blower, rear brakes replaced and front bearing done so far - so no big things- great service from my dealer.
    Someone mention about the head gasket - anything else?

Thanks

any TSB I should be aware of?
  • ramlinpaulramlinpaul Member Posts: 2
    If you asked me 6 months ago if I'd buy another Buick Rendezvous, I would have responded with a YES. Today I'm not so sure.

I have traditionally been a high mileage driver (50,000 km/year), but have been making a concerted effort to lower my driving in the past 8 months.

Here's the history of problems I've had with my 2002 Vous, which was purchased in June 2002 and currently has 122,000 km (75,000 miles);

-Strut Bearings (fixed under warranty - 57,000 km)
    -Both Front Wheel Bearings (out of warranty 80,000km)
    -Spare Tire lowering mechanism broken in Summer 2004 ($340 to have fixed). And of course realized it was broken when I needed to change a tire which found a nail.......
    -All 4 brakes pads and routers (expected with my high mileage)
    -AC Compressor ($1,600), on a car not even 3 years old (AC only used in Canada 3-4 months per year). My old 1997 Chevy Lumina made it 5 summers, and 250,000km before AC Compressor died at the end of the 2001 Summer.

Another problem with the Buick Rendezvous is the lack of aftermarket products. The replacement parts seem to only be available from the OEM which means any repairs become very expensive, very quickly.

With my high mileage I expect parts to wear out and need replacing, but I wouldn't expect bearings at 60K and 80K, a tire lowering mechanism in just over 2 years (a 89 Chevy pickup lowering mechanism worked for all 8 years I owned the truck), and not an AC Compressor with the equivalent of 12 months usage.
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,146
    Air conditioning compressor failed.

Do you know what brand the AC compressor was that died? I am wondering if they changed suppliers from their AC Delco brand.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• ramlinpaulramlinpaul Member Posts: 2
    Sorry, it was the AC compressor on my old car (97 Lumina) that died.

I should have been more specific on the AC problem with the 2002 Rendezvous CX. On the Buick it was the Condenser and Receiver Drier which needed replacing, and the original and replacement are AC Delco.
  • kirkncckirkncc Member Posts: 5
    As I stated in the problems/solution section the condensor failer is a known problem and should be covered by GM. Motor mount bolt/a bolt head associated somehow with the engine rubs against the condensor during normal use and eventually wears a hole in it causing condensor to fail.

As for the rotors I have to replace rear rotors and brakes after 55000 kilometers. I was able to get after market rotors for 35 bucks each and pads for 55 (ceramic) bucks. However the front brakes are still good. Shouldn't the rear last longer?. Dealer said its normal for rear to wear first on RDV. Interesting

JP - What a Lemon :lemon:
  • jashinskyjashinsky Member Posts: 1
    The condensor just failed on my 2002 Rendezvous. I took it to my local A/C shop and they told me that there is a TSB for the lower bracket breaking. I just found TSB 02-01-38-004 December 2002. They have a redesigned part. Even though my car is at 48K, I am going to try to get teh dealer to honor the TSB.
  • pfdpfd Member Posts: 3
    I am working with the same issue right now... and I'm at about 48k too. Please let me know if you have any luck and I will do the same.
    Regarding the TSB, what if there is no evidence of the bracket breaking - just the hole in the condensor?
  • braxtonbraxton Member Posts: 2
    Hi Mike, I'm getting the electric brake control installed on my RendezVous which already includes the Towing package (wiring harness and the rest). The RV dealer said that the Rendez vous Towing Package did not include the proper wiring required for the 12V. electric brake control and they would need to add additional wiring. Did they have to do the same when you got your brake control installed ? or are they pulling my leg? Thanks, Paul
  • beach15beach15 Member Posts: 1,305
    Deletions
    Ultra model (1SE)
    (LA1) Engine, 3.4L 3400 V6 SFI (185 HP [138.0 kW] @ 5200 rpm, 210 lb.-ft. [283.5 N-m] @ 4000 rpm)
    (QLR) Tires, P225/60R17, touring, blackwall
    (PCR) Sun and Satellite Package.
    Two-tone lower accent color (WW1) Storm Gray Metallic
    Two-tone lower accent color (WW2) Dark Graymist Metallic
    Two-tone lower accent color (WW3) Dark Bronzemist Metallic
    Two-tone lower accent color (WW4) Light Sandrift Metallic

New Features
    QuietTuning now standard
    (AH9) Seat adjuster, manual 2-way is the Standard seat adjuster on CX and CXL models
    (LX9) Engine, 3.5L 3500 V6 SFI ( Est. 195 HP [145.4 kW] @ 5200 rpm, 215 lb.ft. [290.2 N-m] @4000 rpm)
    Monochromatic appearance is Standard on all models
    Exterior color (20U) Blue Frost Metallic now available on CX and CXL models
    Exterior color (23U) Sagemist Metallic now available on CX and CXL models
    Two-tone lower accent color (42L) Dark Platinum Metallic is available with upper accent color (67U) Platinum Metallic on CXL and CXL Plus models
    Two-tone lower accent color (53L) Antique Bronze Metallic is available with upper accent color (97U) Cappuccino Frost on CXL and CXL Plus models

Changes
    (AJ2) Seats, 3rd row, 2-passenger are now a part of the 1SC package
    (IP3) Seat trim, neutral leather-appointed seats with Sueded fabric inserts available on CXL and CXL Plus
    (N30) Steering wheel, leather-wrapped rim with wood trim available on CX and CX Plus
    (B20) Woodgrain trim, located on instrument panel and doors available on CX and CX Plus
    (CF5) Sunroof requires (UG1) Universal Home Remote on CX and CX Plus models.
    (UG1) Universal Home Remote is now and Available option on CX and CX Plus models
    Antenna is now fixed mast
    (P23) Wheels, 17" (43.2 cm), aluminum, Chrome Tech is available on CX Plus and no longer available on CXL Plus
    (PFH) Wheels, 17" (43.2 cm), aluminum available on CXL and standard on CXL Plus with (LY7) Engine 3.6L VVT DOHC V6
    (PZE) Wheels, 17" (43.2 cm), aluminum, chrome available on CXL and CXL Plus with (LY7) Engine 3.6L VVT DOHC V6
    (LY7) Engine, 3.6L VVT DOHC V6 is now standard on CXL Plus
    (QKY) Tires, P225/60R17, all season, blackwall are now standard on all models.
    (UE1) OnStar, (UA6) Theft-deterrent alarm system and (UD7) Rear Parking Assist, Ultrasonic are now Standard on CX models

Biggest changes seem to be the replacement of the 3.4L by the newer 3.5L, and the deletion of the Ultra model, probably because the CXL was getting too close to it anyway in power and equipment.

link title
    Good news for a change:

I have 40,000 miles on my 2002 Rendezvous CXL -- I am consequently "out of warranty". My A/C condensor failed (crack in the lower left) and was leaking. I took it into my Buick dealer -- and they covered the repair in its entirety -- no questions asked. I was prepared to "fight" with them so that they would pay for this; I did not need to. They told me there was a service bulletin from GM on this, so it would be covered 100% by Buick.

Great job, Buick! I still love my Rendezvous! :D:D:D
  • pfdpfd Member Posts: 3
    Ah... jk... you just ruined my day. The best I got was that GM would cover all the parts, but not labor... cut the cost to repair about 50%... and I was pleased until I read that you got a full ride. Good for you!
  • nosuvyetnosuvyet Member Posts: 72
    Can someone tell me where the BCM is located and what it looks like?

Thanks