Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Buick Rendezvous

Comments

• wamba138wamba138 Member Posts: 2
    Just bought a 2005 Ultra. Although I have only had it two weeks, I must say so far it is problem free. My wife loves the ride. Hope JK27 is right!!!! :shades:
  • gail04gail04 Member Posts: 51
    Hi,

I am going round and round with dealer about Affinity tires on my 04 Rendez. This car is only 3 months on the road. The tires are very aggresive, as was also noted 2 wks after I purchased it, when I complained to dealer, who just shrugged shoulders. I've read boards and many of you state you had issues with tires and GM finally gave in to you. I called GM on Monday. They promised me a return call on Tues, between 3 & 5pm. I rec'd the call from some clerk fellow in Florida, who gave me "claim number," and told me there's no record of any complaints or indication GM ever paid for tires. I spoke of these boards and the issues, & his response was "I'm not here to read what complaints are on any boards, lady!" He then told me he didn't have any response from "higher ups" and felt this was a no win situation and if I wanted tires replaced, to just do it. I dont have the money to just "do it." Can anyone offer some line that I can give to him when he calls back (if he does as promised) on Friday about this if he still feels it's a lost cause? HOw can I get to "Detroit" and not him again, in Florida, and can I go above his head and if so, any idea's on how to get around him? I did take the car to another dealership, and he told me the car is too light (body wise) for these tires and suggested Michelins, tiger paws, and Goodrich, but also said he didn't know if GM would honor my complaint. THis car doesn't hug the road properly with these tires. This other dealership was much kinder, and sympathetic, and said a softer tire would make it ride smoother and I'd have more control, as the affinity's just make it bounce and do it's own thing. At least he gave me a reason and I used that reason of the body being too light for the tires, to this clerk in Florida..You could hear the smirk. Any help, thoughts, suggestions, greatly appreciated. With so many problems on the various years of this car, I only have 1700 on it, and I'll tell you, I don't think I care to keep it just out of fear of the "unknown" and "known" issues here. Thank you for any thoughts you may have on tires. BTW- I asked the guy in Florida if he knew what percentage of rendez's come w/those tires..he told me "he didn't know, it wasn't his job to know." I almost think these are not the original tires, and wonder if anyone out there can tell me that they are on many of the rendez. The Rendez's I test drove had Generals and Goodrich on them and when I mentioned this to the guy in Florida (I live in Mass, but that's where the customer service number rang into), he just said, "I really can't comment." I think it had to be a call-filtering center for Detroit! :O) :mad:
  • pierrebpierreb Member Posts: 9
    Well I have add numerous vehicles before, like 4. My last 3 were bought new, the 4th , a Buick Rendez Vous was I big disappointment for me and sold it after warranty expiration because of a complete loss of confidence in the vehicle. Could be a coincidence? Happy for those with RDV who are satisfied, but I feel the need to share my experiences. Enjoy! :lemon:
  • jk27jk27 Member Posts: 244
    Gail04:

If you are serious about contacting Buick and voicing your complaints, I suggest you contact Buick corporate and explain your situation. The specific procedure is set forth in your owner's manual:

If your concern has not been resolved to your satisfaction, the following steps should be taken:

STEP ONE -- Discuss your concern with a member of dealership management. Normally, concerns can be quickly resolved at that level. If the matter has already been reviewed with the sales, service or parts manager, contact the owner of the dealership or the general manager.

STEP TWO -- If after contacting a member of dealership management, it appears your concern cannot be resolved by the dealership without further help, contact the Buick Customer Assistance Center by calling 1-800-521-7300. In Canada, contact GM of Canada Customer Communication Centre in Oshawa by calling 1-800-263-3777 (English) or 1-800-263-7854 (French). We encourage you to call the toll-free number in order to give your inquiry prompt attention. Please have the following information available to give the Customer Assistance Representative:

Vehicle Identification Number (This is available from the vehicle registration or title, or the plate at the top left of the instrument panel and visible through the windshield.)
     Dealership name and location
     Vehicle delivery date and present mileage

When contacting Buick, please remember that your concern will likely be resolved at a dealer’s facility. That is why we suggest you follow Step One first if you have a concern.

STEP THREE -- Both General Motors and your dealer are committed to making sure you are completely satisfied with your new vehicle. However, if you continue to remain unsatisfied after following the procedure outlined in Steps One and Two, you should file with the GM/BBB Auto Line Program to enforce any additional rights you may have. Canadian owners refer to your Warranty and Owner Assistance Information booklet for information on the Canadian Motor Vehicle Arbitration Plan (CAMVAP). The BBB Auto Line Program is an out of court program administered by the Council of Better Business Bureaus to settle automotive disputes regarding vehicle repairs or the interpretation of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

Although you may be required to resort to this informal dispute resolution program prior to filing a court action, use of the program is free of charge and your case will generally be heard within 40 days. If you do not agree with the decision given in your case, you may reject it and proceed with any other venue for relief available to you.

You may contact the BBB using the toll-free telephone
    number or write them at the following address:

BBB Auto Line
    Council of Better Business Bureaus, Inc.
    4200 Wilson Boulevard
    Suite 800
    Arlington, VA 22203-1804
    Telephone: 1-800-955-5100

This program is available in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. Eligibility is limited by vehicle, age, mileage and other factors. General Motors reserves the right to change eligibility limitations and/or discontinue its participation in this program.

Follow the above steps to the letter and document everything you do. Good luck. Please let us know what happens. I wonder whether Buick has any "duty" to replace your tires. If they are safe, and you just don't like the ride, that sounds like something you should pay for, imho.
  • mstockhowemstockhowe Member Posts: 4
    last month we purchased a 2004 Ultra (3.6l), 6000 miles on it now. Previously had a 2002 Olds Silhouette. Overall, very pleased with the car.

Around town, with the air on, we are getting only about 15mpg. On the highway -- at only 60 mpg -- with the air on, we are getting about 21. I can get 25 MPG over time at a steady 60 with no AC. Is this normal? Our Silhouette averaged 25-26 at 70-75 MPH, with little impact from the AC, and was rated only 1 MPG better in both city and hwy driving.

Also, I notice on the highway that the Rendezvous often down shifts when going up a moderate grade -- something that never happened with any other vehicle we've had unless we were towing a trailer.

We did have some warranty work done before picking up the car -- something about re-programming the ECM. That was over a 1,000 miles ago.

Was my Silhouette unusually good on gas, or is the Rendezvous unusually poor?
    Before someone asks -- I have the AWD drivetrain.
  • jay14jay14 Member Posts: 3
    Can you tell me where you got this information? I am in the same exact boat and when I contacted GM customer service they indicated that they had never heard of any complaints and would not do anything. I am trying to collect more information so that I can get them to stand behind their bad product. Did you receive something in writing, a name, a phone # anything?!
  • nandrewsnandrews Member Posts: 4
    I had the same problem two weeks ago with my 2002 RDV. When the dealership told me how much it was going to cost, I called Buick and they paid for the part, all I had to do was to pay the labor costs. I would suggest making copies of previous messages on the A/C condensor to show the dealership, that is what I did. :)
  • mt4mt4 Member Posts: 1
    Can you please tell me how you managed to get this deal? I've spoken to my dealer and to the GM customer service line, and both tell me they know nothing about the service bulletin. Is there any way I can get documentation as to its existance? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! I have an 02 with 65,000 miles. Thank you!
  • bks37seahawksbks37seahawks Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2002 buick suv off a local dealer it had 56,000 miles on the car.I tried it out and liked the car overall so we traded our camry which had only 33,000 miles on it.We just had a new baby so we needed a suv and I have always heard from people how good of a car a buick is,I should have used the web first as i know now.Anyway we have put around 3,500 miles on it and the car runs fine if you can get it to crank.Three seperate times my wife and 2 sons one is only 2 months old and this car has failed to crank.We take it to the local lot we got it from and all they say is nothing shows to be wrong with it.I got in the other day and the radio was making a odd noise and the car was not even on.The dealership I got mine from had 3 another lady in town bought one a 2002 also and after about 2 months they came by my house which is across road from dealership pulling it behind a wrecker Tranny went out under 60,000 miles on it.Then there is mine with it you never know if it will start under 60,000 on it also . Then the third one never made it to the lot tranny went out on it on the way to the lot.This suv seems to have major flaws and gm should do something about it.There is no reason for cars to need a new trans. at 60,000 or any of the other things for that matter.mine is in shop now will update the results when i get them.
  • vanman1vanman1 Member Posts: 1,397
    no reason for a transmission failure unless it was abused before you bought it. GM makes about the best and most reliable auto trannies in the world so it's unusual you are having problems.

2002 was the first year for Rendezvous.
  • mjsailmjsail Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2003 Rendezvous AWD CXL I purchased new in Jan. 2003-now has 27,000 miles. Two weeks ago I experienced transmission failure, 300 miles from home. Buick Dealer there replaced "parts," radiator, water pump, intake manifold, etc. etc. I am still in shock. Supposedly a "part" broke down, transmission fluid mixed with engine coolant. Dealer had car 7 working days, I did have rental car, all covered under warranty. But, I do a lot of traveling and I am not confident of the car. My hometown dealer would not deal (I felt I deserved a bit of a good deal with the experience) with me on a new car.

My concerns: what car is similarly priced with the options I like? Is my car going to last for several years if I keep it? And, I cannot determine what is guaranteed/warrantied at this time?? Did anyone else have similar problems? I thought this car was a keeper!
  • tfcheektfcheek Member Posts: 1
    The GM Technical Service Bulletin that covers this problem is 02 01 39 008. If you want a copy of it I can e-mail you a .pdf.

tfcheek@charter.net
    Hi,

I have an 04 Rndz, purchased at 1500 miles, now has 3300 miles. I, like you, am not happy with the gas mileage. I was told 18/24. I've yet to see 24, and I honestly don't think I'm getting 18. I don't know how to read that "fuel used/instant economy" information center...I can read it..just haven't figured out how it works. It's never right. All I can tell you, is I had a dodge caravan, 3.3 V6 engine, and my gas on that was far better than this vehicle. I know I am at the pumps more often, and if you watch the gas gage, it'll empty out like someone sucking down a soda with a straw! I don't know of any sure way to truly determine what we're getting for mileage other then to take 2 complete fill ups and divide it up, but I will say this...I haven't found the car to downshift on an uphill, but with the AWD, it does certainly "drag" on hill climbing..mine almost feels like it's stopping! I don't know if I helped you, but these are just some thoughts.
  • regalluvr2regalluvr2 Member Posts: 114
    tfcheek,
    Thanks for the info on a GM service bulletin for the 02 RDV AC condensor problem.I knew one was out there as its been a problem for quite a few RDV owners.

Its real sad when some Buick dealers and some GM customer service reps lie and say that they know nothing about one..I guess they figure they can save GM some money by doing this.Lets have the customer pay an $800 repair bill for a problem that wasnt their fault.It was caused by a faulty GM design.
  • bowlmanbowlman Member Posts: 1
    I have a new '05 CX that I have put 1200 mi on. Mostly (80%) around town travel. So far I am getting at least 20 mpg average. I say at least 20 because the Driver Info Center "fuel used" reading (which I'm sure is used for the calculation) is constantly high. I never put in as much fuel as it says I used. Does anyone know if this can be calibrated by the dealer?

Regarding the gas gauge, this is just a bad design. By having the gauge sweep over 180 degrees it increases the movement of the gauge. For example, my Olds fuel gauge swept about 90 degrees from empty to fuel, therefore, every gallon of fuel used would move the gauge about 5 degrees. This is at least doubled on the RDV which makes it more noticeable. Also since the fuel tank is arranged in a more front to back orientation, starting, stopping and going up/down hill make a huge difference in the readings. I have seen a variance of as much as 3/8 between parking facing downhill and parking level.
  • boysmomboysmom Member Posts: 4
    My '02 RDV has 32k miles. Overall seems to be okay...but...I experience a problem after driving at highway speeds for a couple of hours. I'll be driving at a high speed for a couple of hours...stop for gas...and then the car will not restart. The car will crank but will not turn over. Then, after a "cool down" wait period of about 30 minutes, the car restarts and I don't have any problems until the next stop. Each time this happens I end up waiting at least 30 minutes before hitting the road again. VERY annoying since I like to hit the road with very little stops. It almost makes me think of some kind of gas vapor lock, but I shouldn't have this on a fairly new car. Took to dealership and since it couldn't be duplicated they couldn't come up with an answer/solution. Any ideas???
  • ragtop262ragtop262 Member Posts: 58
    I have an '03 RDV AWD with about 60,000 mi. I use it for work, so I keep track of every mile & every gallon of gas for expense purposes. (Don't trust the trip computer, you have to actually record your fuel used and miles driven to acurately figure fuel mileage.)

Over the life of my vehicle, I have averaged 21.5 MPG - in 75% highway/25% city driving. I also have an '02 Town & Country - it gets slightly higher mileage, (but its not an AWD). If your used to driving a mid-sized car that might seem like poor mileage - but its actually very good compared to other SUV's and mini-vans.

Remember, the EPA highway mileage figure is based on driving a constant 55 MPH (the national speed limit when the test was developed). Since nobody drives that speed anymore, the EPA figure is usually unrealistic.
  • tjktjk Member Posts: 2
    I have the same issue with my 2002 RDV - A/C condenser leaks. Dealer told my wife who is out of town that it was a $1000 repair job. Vehicle has just under 50K miles. Can you give me any details about service bulletins (specific number or title) that might help and I can go to battle with our local Buick dealer when my wife gets back. Thanks, TK :(
    tfcheek posted this: "The GM Technical Service Bulletin that covers this problem is 02 01 39 008. If you want a copy of it I can e-mail you a .pdf.

tfcheekcharter.net"
  • tjktjk Member Posts: 2
    I would really appreciate the pdf of the service bulletin (02 01 39 008). Thank you - tjk@insightbb.com :)
  • cudaal1cudaal1 Member Posts: 7
    had similar problem with mine CXL '04 3.6L.

one dealer couldn't find anything(clown), another changed faulty oxigen sensor.
    took them ~5mos.

MPG imroved, but I've overspent over ~$750 in extra gas money. will try to pursue with GM.

good luck :mad:
  • cudaal1cudaal1 Member Posts: 7
    What good tires should I install?

I do a lot of street/highway driving and have 1-2 weeks/yr of heavy snow as well.

I plan to shop at tirerack or Sams club.

thank you
  • bawlmercbawlmerc Member Posts: 17
    Have them check or replace the ignition relay.
  • boysmomboysmom Member Posts: 4
    Thanks a bunch.

Is this something that happened to you or someone you know?
  • chalversonchalverson Member Posts: 1
    Could you also email me a copy of The GM Technical Service Bulletin 02 01 39 008 at offers@cghalverson.com This sounds like a problem a friend of mine recently had. Also as a recent owner, I'd like to arm myself with some knowledge in case this happens to me as well.

Thanks!
  • nidgenidge Member Posts: 18
    Please send me a copy of this bulletin. I would appreciate it as my daughter at the present time is having her RDV ac checked out for same problem. Thank you very much.
  • mack2099mack2099 Member Posts: 5
    Several weeks ago we noticed a really bad odor in our '03 RDV. It came about suddenly. It smelled like rotten potatoes. We couldn't imagine what it might be but searched everywhere inside and under seats for the source of the smell and found nothing. Then it went away suddenly. A few days later it was back. This has happened several times over the last month. Someone suggested that water was getting inside and seeping under the carpet undetected. I have felt carpeting and can find no damp places. We haven't had it in to the dealer yet--sure as we do the smell will be gone. Has anyone experienced anything like this--the smell is so bad when it occurs that we can hardly stand to be in the vehicle. Any suggestions please!!!!!!
  • exalteddragon1exalteddragon1 Member Posts: 729
    201 horsepower 3500 3.5L V-6 replaces 3400 3.4L V-6 as standard
    QuietTuning standard on all models
    OnStar safety and security system standard on all models
    Electronic Rear Park Assist standard on all models
    Theft-deterrence system standard on all models
    CXL Plus replaces Ultra as top-line model
    242 horsepower 3.6L V-6 VVT standard on CXL Plus
    CXL Plus replaces Ultra as top-line model
    Monochromatic exterior appearance standard on all models
    Revised grille design with Buick tri-shield emblem
    Exterior colors: Sagemist Metallic and Blue Frost Metallic available on CX, CXL
    Optional two-tone exterior color combinations available on CXL: Dark Platinum Metallic lower/Platinum Metallic upper; Sandstone Metallic lower/Cappuccino Frost Metallic upper
    Optional woodgrain instrument panel and door trim; leather-wrapped steering wheel with woodgrain trim available on CX and CX Plus
    Unique 17-inch aluminum chrome wheels available on CXL, CXL Plus with LY7 engine

what do you think?
  • jmd2110jmd2110 Member Posts: 2
    Same here. I have a 2002 RDV. Air conditioning stopped putting out cold air the other day. Dealer says it is a leaking condenser and will cost about $1000. Says it's not covered under warranty. I'm also under 50K miles. I saw the post about
    the G.M. technical service bulletin # 02 01 39 008, but it refers to the A/C Compressor, not the condenser. What have you learned with regard to your problem?
  • erwincanadaerwincanada Member Posts: 2
    Please send me a copy as well. I'm taking my car in for A/C failure this Thursday, and hoping all goes well.

Thanks!!!
  • verdi942verdi942 Member Posts: 304
    More standard power! Great! MPG penalty = ??? All the rest is more standard content. $$$penalty = ???. Some nice-sounding cosmetics, too. Isn't it true that the '07 Rondy will be an all-new design?
  • vanman1vanman1 Member Posts: 1,397
    The 3.5L is a pretty efficient engine. Mileage should be the same. Wonder if this is the 3.5L from the 2006 Impala or the older version from the Malibu / vans? Looks like the older version.
  • exalteddragon1exalteddragon1 Member Posts: 729
    should be les problamatic too, im not sure but isn't the 3.4 a chinese made engine? I know it is in the Equinox.
    Was their any indication (other than mileage) that the oxygen sensor was bad?
  • pierrebpierreb Member Posts: 9
    :lemon: I had a similar problem in the past. The problem is the motor seal leaking prestone.
  • kphelan101kphelan101 Member Posts: 4
    :cry: :mad: :sick: :lemon: My '02 Buick RDV's A/C quit 1/2 way down to the Outer Banks (5 hours into a 10 hour drive for us!) The local dealer there could not see me that week and I lost a whole day of beach time searching for repair. We had to drive the car in 95 degree heat and humidity all week there PLUS all the way home again with no A/C. I'm am SO OVER this car. And I truly did like it a lot, but the cost of it's upkeep is HORRENDOUS. It's only got 59k miles on it. Can you email me the name and/or phone number of the dealer you dealt with as well as the goodwill warranty info so I can relay this message to the dealer I am seeing on Friday 8/12 ???? THANKS! (oh, and the back hatch recall repair they did didn't 'take' either...I still have problems with it.....sigh)
  • akcampoakcampo Member Posts: 2
    I came back from my buick dealer and they gave me an estimate of $1100 for replacing the A/C condenser. Could you pls. Email me the PDF for this TSB?

AKcampo@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance,
    Here's the repost which was originally posted by tfcheek on 7/8/05:

"The GM Technical Service Bulletin that covers this problem is 02 01 39 008. If you want a copy of it I can e-mail you a .pdf.

tfcheekcharter.net"
    PLEASE someone email me ( KPhelan101@aol.com ) something that I can show to the dealer here. I went in this morning to have the A/C fixed and they called Buick and the Cust. Serv. rep said "sorry, we're not paying for anything. Our 'goodwill warranty' is on a 'case to case' basis' and since (get this) she DIDN'T take her RDV to the DEALER for all the oil changes and tire rotations, then we can't cover the cost of this problem." The dealer said "it'll run you about $1,200." Someone help me! All I have done is pour $$ into this car and I am a military widow on a pension......I cannot afford this. :lemon: :cry: :mad: :sick:
  • regalluvr2regalluvr2 Member Posts: 114
    Read post #1178 in the RDV Problems And Solutions Forum.

KarenS, "Buick Rendezvous Owners: Problems & Solutions" #, 5 Jul 2001 3:12 pm

It looks like they are going to pay for this AC condensor thats out of warranty.Several others on here have gotten GM to pay on out of warranty vehicles.Its funny how Buick will pay for one and wont for another.Bad AC condensors are a known flaw with the early RDV's.A salesman at a huge midwest Buick dealership told me it was the # 1 problem with the RDV's that they sold.

Go thru all the RDV posts and copy all the ones about bad AC condensors.Show them to your local dealer.Tell them you'll be glad to go public and call a local TV station about your problem

If your Buick dealer or GM refuses to pay for it then go to a private shop and get an estimate to replace it.$1200 is way too much to replace the AC condensor.

Good Luck!
    kphelan101 said, "PLEASE someone email me ( KPhelan101aol.com ) something that I can show to the dealer here."

Sent it to you via email. Hope it works. How many miles do you have on your RDV now? Buick paid for my AC condensor replacement, but I was at about 40,000 miles (not too much over the warranty period).

Good luck!

JK27
    Hi JK27 and others.

Update on my 04 Rndy w/4000 miles on it and NOISE in front and back. (see past notes to avoid duplication). Car's been to dealers several times now since new in April. First tires.........they let air out to soften ride, which it did. however, noise in rear end of heavy thumping when going over the slightest crack in road (road seam, etc) they haven't a clue. Took car to yet another scheduled appt. on Tues, 3 hours there, they told me they had the part, and after 3.5 hours, I got up to yell (my spine is bent and I am disabled w/it), the mechanic told me they have the wrong part and I would have to take it back on Thurs. Have you heard of this--- Supposedly, the noise in the rear is coming from a front strut? Some rubber bushing (I hope I have this correct) is not turning properly so when steering wheel turns, these things "thump" all the time. They told me they used to be able to replace just the rummber bushing, but now have to go with entire strut. The car is under warranty, but my concern is like so many...what's the future hold with this front strut, etc., if it's a new car??? They tell me the noise in the rear "should" go away, as the front struts issues move down to the back end when they have a problem. I dont know what to think. My brakes still squeel despite my complaints, and the car noise dives if you stop fast, but they "swear" there are no brake issues. Oh...Thursday (tomorrow ) after strut is replaced, they told me they need to do a alignment. Any advise form you and others is greatly appreciated. I told the Service Manager this is the LAST Trip in before I yell like a nut in the sales room with people there! 4 trips in and out for same issues! Thanks folks! :mad:
    Thanks for the update, Gail. If they cannot fix the vehicle to your satisfaction, I think you seriously need to consider filing a formal grievance under the process outlined in your user's manual. Follow each step to the letter, and document everything! The other choice you have is to consider filing a lemon law claim. Each state has different laws about this (when you can file, what is considered a "lemon", etc.). Sounds to me like you have lost confidence in this particular vehicle and you want out. Seriously, is there anything they can do to make you happy with THIS vehicle? Maybe now's the time to start the process. In Wisconsin, only cars under a year old are eligible for "lemon law", so you may have to decide what to do quickly.

Good luck!
    Hi Jk27,

Thanks for getting back to me. I spent much time this week (a totaly of 7 hours) on 2 days @ dealers as previosuly stated. Finally today, the car went in and the left frt. strut was replaced with the rubber bushing. Following this, the car was realigned. I sat and waited ovr 3 hours for the car, but I "think" it went well. This issue takes place in Massachusetts, and I appreciate your thoughts and the suggestions. It's "comforting" to know this page exists, and the people who take the time to help each other, is a blessing for all of us, whether we have great cars, or not so great cars. Anyway, The above work did make the car much better in riding and we left the air pressure where it was, since they took it out a few wks ago as note in prior message. We'll see. I was too tired after all of this with the car this week, to take it anywhere but home, so as I journey out tomorrow, I'll be able to properly evalutate the work done. I still get road noise in the rear, however Service Manager had driven it on Tues and this morning and admitted that this morning, it was considerably worse than on Tuesday, when he turned the steering wheel, ever so slightly and brought it into the garage. At completion today, he took me for a ride, with him driving on highway, side streets, and over some small bumps. The noise in the rear is just the manner in which the AWD "rides" he said, but the noise of thumping, (thinking it was the pads) and the hard "banging" on the road I was getting, is very much improved. I hope this helps someone else, and I hope the issue is finally resolved, as it's been a long 3 months since date of purchase. I believe the lemon law here is just a year as well, but I am keeping all the documentation. It will take some time to regain confidence, JK. I think the many negative views worried me big time about the car, as I didn't know the boards existed until AFTER I bought the car. With all the noise I had and the going back and forth to dealer and the negativism on this page, naturally I wanted out. We'll see what happens. I am hoping that now after 3 months, I can regain the faith, and start to enjoy my purchase, "trouble free." I'll keep checking in w/posts and will let you know how things go. Again, thank you for your time and help. Appreciate it greatly. I hope Ragtop gets to see this message as well as he's also been a help. :D
  • erichnererichner Member Posts: 14
    2002 CXL AWD bought new still under warranty and currently searching for an extended warranty. Wife uses it as her primary vehicle - and I only drive it on Weekends. Initial Symptom - my remote control no longer opened the doors. At the time I thought my battery needed replacement and the remote would need reprogramming. Last week - my wife's remote stopped working so it became really important to her to go to the dealership and deal with it.

Friday I got a call from my wife saying that the dealership refused to fix the problems with the remotes saying that WE had switched them and that they would have NEVER worked with our Randy. I talked to the dealership representative and I was furious for the dealer's implication of us doing anything stupid with the remotes such as switching them. Dealer asked me to pick up the vehicle since they would NOT do anything about the remotes. Thankfully my cell phone batery died before sending death rays via a cell phone. That evening I roamed by the Edmunds forums and never found any issues with remotes dying. I did find how to reprogram them in the Aztek forum!

Saturday morning I called the GM customer representative whose number is shown in various Edmund's Buick forums and I explained the situation. She was very professional and called the dealership making them agree to replace both remotes. When I got to the dealership they told me that they don't know how the remotes ever worked because they were meant to be for a Pontiac Montana but since Buick called them they would replace them under warranty. Note- I bought the vehicle new from the same dealer and the remotes worked from day one. I had no clue why we were given the "wrong remotes" - but since they worked and remotes don't carry any information for which model they are for, I never lost any sleep about it. After about 30 minutes waiting they told me they could not reprogram the new remotes and told me to come back later in the afternoon.

Last night I picked up Randy and there was a note from the service department on the front seat saying to come back next Tuesday because they had to order a replacement remote receiver unit. The saga will be continued....

I bet if this had happened after my initial warranty was over the cost would be way over $1,000. Thus my quest for an extended warranty. I'm now thinking over getting GM's additional 3 year / 36,000 $0 deducible warranty from www.gmoutlet.com for $1,405.

Any recommendations? :confuse:
  • erichnererichner Member Posts: 14
    UPDATE:

BCM unit was bad!!! 2nd unit replaced under warranty. I got two new keyfobs. What happened is that they repaced the BCM and could not connect that to the old key fob's . Once they realized it was the BCM - they didn't hesitate to exchange it and give me two new controls.

Note- If I had't called BUICK customer service they would still blame me for the problem!!!

WIll definitely buy an extended warranty.
    As I stated in previous posts: A/C went out while on vacation at the beach (98 degrees!) spent the entire week and the 10-hr. drive back without A/C. Took it to my local dealer...the Service Mgr. and Buick rep chatted via phone and the Serv. Mgr. told the rep "I wouldn't offer her the goodwill warranty because she has never brought the vehicle HERE for maintenance or oil changes, etc."...so Buick said "okay we won't give it to her". They quoted me a $1,200 price on A/C condensor repair. All this and the rep says to me, "well we only give the warranty on a 'case-to-case' basis"............whatever the hell that means....I am a military widow on a pension. GM, you should be ASHAMED. :lemon: :lemon: :lemon: :lemon: :lemon:
  • pfdpfd Member Posts: 3
    Have any of you experienced a problem with your headlights flashing... not real long, more like a short of some sort? I first noticed that the high beam INDICATOR on my dash was flickering and then studied it a bit and realized my headlights are actually flickering too!
    I'm sure there is an answer out there... maybe one of the bulbs needs changing?
    If you're not happy (and I wouldn't be), you need to take your complaint to the next level. If you are serious about contacting Buick and voicing your complaints, I suggest you contact Buick corporate and explain your situation. The specific procedure is set forth in your owner's manual. Follow each step exactly and document everything.

If your concern has not been resolved to your satisfaction, the following steps should be taken:

STEP ONE -- Discuss your concern with a member of dealership management. Normally, concerns can be quickly resolved at that level. If the matter has already been reviewed with the sales, service or parts manager, contact the owner of the dealership or the general manager.

STEP TWO -- If after contacting a member of dealership management, it appears your concern cannot be resolved by the dealership without further help, contact the Buick Customer Assistance Center by calling 1-800-521-7300. In Canada, contact GM of Canada Customer Communication Centre in Oshawa by calling 1-800-263-3777 (English) or 1-800-263-7854 (French). We encourage you to call the toll-free number in order to give your inquiry prompt attention. Please have the following information available to give the Customer Assistance Representative:

Vehicle Identification Number (This is available from the vehicle registration or title, or the plate at the top left of the instrument panel and visible through the windshield.)
     Dealership name and location
     Vehicle delivery date and present mileage

When contacting Buick, please remember that your concern will likely be resolved at a dealer’s facility. That is why we suggest you follow Step One first if you have a concern.

STEP THREE -- Both General Motors and your dealer are committed to making sure you are completely satisfied with your new vehicle. However, if you continue to remain unsatisfied after following the procedure outlined in Steps One and Two, you should file with the GM/BBB Auto Line Program to enforce any additional rights you may have. Canadian owners refer to your Warranty and Owner Assistance Information booklet for information on the Canadian Motor Vehicle Arbitration Plan (CAMVAP). The BBB Auto Line Program is an out of court program administered by the Council of Better Business Bureaus to settle automotive disputes regarding vehicle repairs or the interpretation of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

Although you may be required to resort to this informal dispute resolution program prior to filing a court action, use of the program is free of charge and your case will generally be heard within 40 days. If you do not agree with the decision given in your case, you may reject it and proceed with any other venue for relief available to you.

You may contact the BBB using the toll-free telephone
    number or write them at the following address:

BBB Auto Line
    Council of Better Business Bureaus, Inc.
    4200 Wilson Boulevard
    Suite 800
    Arlington, VA 22203-1804
    Telephone: 1-800-955-5100

This program is available in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. Eligibility is limited by vehicle, age, mileage and other factors. General Motors reserves the right to change eligibility limitations and/or discontinue its participation in this program.

Good luck. Please let us know what happens.