Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Escape Hybrid Nav System Questions

2»

Comments

• norcalblondenorcalblonde Member Posts: 3
    I have an 05 ford escape hybrid and I have alll of the navigation CDs exept for the California/Nevada CD, which is basicaallly the only one I need. Would love to trade for some East Coast CDs, but I am willing to trade anything or even purchace this CD from anyone if possible because I really need it.
    Thanksss!

my car will not be :confuse: (lost) anymore...
  • norcalblondenorcalblonde Member Posts: 3
    I need the Escape Hybrid 2005 CaliforniA nevada CD!
    I am willing to trade any other CD for the CA one.
    you can email me at giggle91@comcast.net if interested.
  • rocktopperrocktopper Member Posts: 1
    Wont play music cd, put nav cd in and display constantly resets. Cleaning CD does not help. How do I remove the unit and try to look at the cd mechanism? :mad:
  • zephyr_boyzephyr_boy Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2010
    First time post:

I bought a used 2005 Ford Escape Hybrid (FEH), 78,000 odometer. So far, everything works great (2days ownership), however my Navigation CD used for my area (Map 1) failed to work. I get a load screen for about a minute or so, and then the unit would reset the whole radio.

So, I popped in the Map 2 CD , loaded up fine, got some GPS functions, to my relief: if the unit is okay, then Map 1 CD must be damaged. Visual inspection of the Map1 CD has a one inch scratch (going with the circle) and what I thought, a small smudge that is permanently etched (close to the end).

I read on the web that some people can make back-up copies of their CDs to protect the original CD they own, thus preserving vital GPS functions for the FEH. I tried to copy Map1 CD using Nero (V 7.11) but I had no luck. It couldn't recognize sectors, kinda went through a loop. see below for my computer spec:

Intel Quad core 750
    4gb Ram
    Windows XP Pro
    Sony dvd/cd Burner

I Googled "CD repair" and I downloaded a free program: "CD Recovery Toolbox" http://www.oemailrecovery.com/cd_recovery.html

"...use it to restore information lost as a result of some mechanical damage of the disk (scratches, chips, different spots on the surface) or as a result of incorrect recording. Thus, the program can recover data that was considered lost..."

After I installed the program, a couple clicks later (I enabled the ALL check-box) the program started to scan my Map 1 CD. It scanned pretty fast until it hit the 24mb (550 mb total) mark, then the program must have encountered the damaged area because it crept up very slowly. :sick:

It took a long time to scan my Map 1 CD, I say about 30 hours total. Thank goodness I own a quad core, so I can multitask while the program scanned in the background, it bogged down my computer (took under a minute to open my web, and a few minutes to open more intensive programs-but all worked with no problems).

I did encounter one major problem, my automatic windows update must have restarted my computer while I slept, :mad: when I checked my computer in the morning, it looked refresh with no programs running. I opened the folder where the program was saving my CD, and it was incomplete(only 4 folders out of 9). I noted the name of the last file inside the last folder that the program worked on, then I restart the process again. I checked "ALL" again, crossed my fingers that it would resume from the last file, but it didn't. :(

Before the new process started, I was prompt to replace the older files saved in my folder, I click the "No" button (not the "No To All" button) until I got to the last file that I noted earlier, then I clicked the "Saved to All" button.

I ate some breakfast, then I checked my computer, and the whole process had finished. :surprise: I then started my Nero program- I picked CD (not DVD)- picked CD-ROM(ISO)- copied and paste all the saved folders that the "CD Recovery Toolbox" saved. (default location). I burned the CD at the slowest setting (8x). I went outside to my FEH, popped the copy into my NAR system, and it worked perfectly.

I got a working copy of my Map 1 CD from my original CD that came with my FEH. :) Very happy (you can't order just one map CD from the Navteq website, you have to get the whole package-$200).

good luck.

ZB

p.s. I shouldn't say perfectly since I just did an initial test in my FEH with no problems. I don't know if all the files are saved, but it feels good so far.
  • stella9stella9 Member Posts: 2
    I recently purchased an 06 Mariner hybrid and it had all the nav CDs except the one covering Indiana which is where I live. Would trade for either coasts.
  • parkay1parkay1 Member Posts: 7
    Yes, am still interested in trading. Do you still have your Mid Atlantic CD? Will swap for California CD
  • tevyetevye Member Posts: 4
    I will gladly give you my Midwest CD for your California CS
  • stella9stella9 Member Posts: 2
    Don't know how best to do this.... My email is jpickering95 @ msn.com if you want to send your mailing info and then I will do the same.....
  • srbracersrbracer Member Posts: 1
    Hello all seems like these discs have a problem with the california disc as mine as well is damaged.. If anyone from the east or midwest would like to trade i am will. as i do need a working california/nevada disc...contact me a srbracer@aol.com thanks Randy
  • fabianeggerfabianegger Member Posts: 1
    Hi everybody.
    I need the 2005 ford navigation cd map1 for california. i have all the other cds. im ready to trade in. so just let me know which one you need and well make it happen.

contact me on fabianegger1@gmail.com
    thank you very much!

fabian
  • hendyhendy Member Posts: 1
    You can usually find individual CDs on eBay as well.
  • idaholionidaholion Member Posts: 3
    Just bought a 2007 FEH, when I bought it, noticed the Nav system said "disk is dirty" when I plugged in the Map 2 disk. Guy said he hadn't used it since he moved here from Florida. So i ejected the disk, looks pristine, plug oit back in, this time it says "The map DATA cd inserted is no longer compatible with the navigation unit. Please eject and insert a map release 2004 CD (the version on the CD is 3V)
    so I remove and clean again, this time when I press NAV, it brings up the reading cd screen for 5 seconds, then quits back to the radio. I try again, it does the same. The third time I try, it quits the nav system and reboots (radio not interrupted by this process.)
    So, the good news, the unit is still covered under warranty. I can't tell if it is the CD or the unit, because Navteq won't do anything for me except sell me a new set. (at $200) The ford dealership can't help me because they can only sell me a new entire set, they don't even have one to put in the unit to test local functionality. Anyone have a similar story? I may try copy/burning my disk 2 to see what happens, but I suspect problems with the unit
    Just bought a 2007 FEH, when I bought it, noticed the Nav system said "disk is dirty" when I plugged in the Map 2 disk. Guy said he hadn't used it since he moved here from Florida. So i ejected the disk, looks pristine, plug it back in, this time it says "The map DATA cd inserted is no longer compatible with the navigation unit. Please eject and insert a map release 2004 CD (the version on the CD is 3V)
    so I remove and clean again, this time when I press NAV, it brings up the reading cd screen for 5 seconds, then quits back to the radio. I try again, it does the same. The third time I try, it quits the nav system and reboots (radio not interrupted by this process.)
    So, the good news, the unit is still covered under warranty. I can't tell if it is the CD or the unit, because Navteq won't do anything for me except sell me a new set. (at $200) The ford dealership can't help me because they can only sell me a new entire set, they don't even have one to put in the unit to test local functionality. Anyone have a similar story? I may try copy/burning my disk 2 to see what happens, but I suspect problems with the unit
    Sorry about posting the last message twice. Well, I burned a new copy of my Map 2 disk with Nero, and success! The problems went away, system works perfectly now. I don't know what went wrong with the disk, it looks perfect, but at least I have a working system.
    So, now 2 questions.
    1. anyone have the later version (4V) of the disks? specifically disks Map 1 and 2? I would like to buy/borrow/trade for those 2 disks. Not really interested in spending $200 when I only use disk 2 and perhaps disk 1
    2. Has anyone successfully replaced the 2007 nav system with a newer one? I know newer units used a dvd, and even newer units have a hard drive. Any comments on possible upgrades?
  • weston1235weston1235 Member Posts: 1
    I will trade any map for areas west of the Mississippi for a Map #6 (Midwest). My disks are 2005 NAVTEQ, 6L1T-18C912-FA, Version 3V.
    Contact me at LGFCAF@Yahoo.com
    Dear Navteq -

Kindly define "temporarily." You still have the 2007 discs up on your website selling for $199. It's the summer of 2011. Surely by now you've got new discs???
    I will trade you my #6 disc for Pacific region (disc 1). My discs are 2006.
    Which discs do you need/want to trade for? I am only missing disc #1, have rest of set.
  • jbradley70jbradley70 Member Posts: 1
    I dont know if you still have your ford escsape but i just bought one and it came with all the discs except the one i need... i am looking for the Colorado disc if you can be of any assistance that would be great... $150 is rediculous to get these from the dealer...
  • debi_mercury_mdebi_mercury_m Member Posts: 1
    I have a mercury mariner Hybrid that was supposed to come w the navi
    disc. My boyfriend got me a disc for christmas and it still says that the disc
    dirty or incompatible, does this mean that if we copy my disc it should work.?
    the place we bought it from,claimed they would get me one but never did. I'm very frustrated.
  • ragtop36ragtop36 Member Posts: 3
    Just bought 2007 Escape Hybrid with navigation system. Vehicle came with full set of NAVTEQ Ford 2005 NAVIGATION SYSTEM CD Version 3V accept CD #2 (northwest MAP 2) which is what I need. Will trade for CD#2. Willing to trade 1 or more CD's from full set as vehicle won't be driven outside the northwest.

Thank You!

Ragtop36
  • treehugger3treehugger3 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2005 Escape Hybrid and lost the disk I need (Disk 3- which includes Minnesota). Am willing to trade any of the others. Mine says it is NAVTEQ Map Release 2004.

I don't know if later versions will work in my system and vice versa.
    Trehugger3,

I have Ford Navetq V3 Disc #3 and would be interested in a trade. Do you have Disc 2(Northwest)? If so I am fairly sure they are compatible. Please let me know!

Thanks!
    edited March 2012
    Treehugger3,

Please provide email contact to discuss trade of Maps 2 and 3. My email is ragtop36@yahoo.com

Thx!

Ragtop36
  • escape11escape11 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I am looking for a replacement of Navteq's Map 1, Pacific 6L1T-18C912-AA Version 3V. The CD says 2005, but it is for my 2006 Ford Escape Hybrid.

I have all the other disks available for trade.

Thanks
  • escape11escape11 Member Posts: 2
    I have this one and would be willing to trade. Do you have the Pacific, Map 1 disk? I am looking for a replacement of Map 1, Pacific 6L1T-18C912-AA Version 3V . The CD says 2005 version. I have a 2006 Ford Escape.

Thanks
  • kararkarar Member Posts: 1
    Hi there!
    Coincidently I have those but need the North East CD - would you like to trade!
    Best,
    Kara
  • escape_in_vtescape_in_vt Member Posts: 1
    I will trade for the disc I am missing for my 2005 Ford Escape Navigation system... I need the north east (it might say New England?): must include VERMONT. Thanks!
  • rodazacrodazac Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2006 Mariner. The navigation CD says version 4V. I need Mid Central disk# 7. Willing to trade any disk that is further west. Email: b.cazador@gmail.com
  • thferretthferret Member Posts: 1
    We just bought a 2007 Escape Hybrid and the "Home" button on the nav system is set to the previous owner. How do I change this??

Thanks
  • fd05hybfd05hyb Member Posts: 4
    drnlj1 said:

I have a 2005 Escape Hybrid and need the navigation CD for Colorado. I will trade any other disc in the set.

I will trade you for the northeast cd.
    vanzanten said:

We got the whole package of navigation cds with our 2005 ford hybrid but are missing the southeast. We live in florida so that doesn't work too well. Will trade for any of the others or willing to purchase.

I will trade for the northeast cd.