Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Genesis Sedan 2009+

Comments

• jnortonjnorton Member Posts: 1
    My wife's 3 month old Genesis is the subject of an open case file over the suspension. We've never had a problem with a car before to this degree.

She does NOT WANT to drive the car - that's how awful the suspension behaves over broken pavement.

But from the responses I see posted here to others that complain, I must be a clone or a troll.

Next stop if we don't get positive resolution is arbitration, and if that isn't successful, full blown litigation.

There is no way we're going to suffer with a Hyundai we paid this much for, for years to come, because Hyundai won't do the right thing and just refund our money. I don't even care if they knock off a 'use fee,' or whatever, as long as it's fair.

I just want this car gone. We are in New Jersey, by the way. Regardless of the outcome of our case, we've now begun shopping used cars given the state of the economy - there's tremendous deals to be had out there on two or three year old cars.

Sincerely,

Troll-Hyundai Bashing-Must Have An Agenda-Lexus Salesman-Can't Possibly Be Telling The Truth-Irrational Genesis Hater.
  • dczarkdczark Member Posts: 19
    I happen to catch, and of course "record" a 1/2 hour review/test of the 2009 Genesis V8 Sedan. It was held in Canada at some famous race track and on the cobblestone streets and windy roads of Canada. Three different experienced drives took it out.

Nothing but positives... Amenities, Power, handling etc... They were all amazed it was a Hyundai.

The announcer at one point made emotion that when he told his buddies he was doing a review of Hyundai there were "snickers"

Well no one is "snickering" anymore. To quote him/paraphrase but pretty close to an actual quote "You get all these amenities, a/c seat, rear camera, they all commented on the incredible sound system.. endless list of features mentioned.".. Then he named a plethora of luxury sedans and said "You get ALL this at 1/2 the price... So unless you need a badge/logo (what I choose to call Ego and a closed mind that another company can do better then the old stand bys-BMW, Lexus, Acura, Infiniti, Mercedes).

My doctor took it out and says it drives, handles and has more options then his $85,000 Mercedes. But he will NOT buy one as he needs to go into the Dr. lot at the hospitals and fears the "snickers" of owning a Hyundai. He will buy one if Hyundai changes their strategy and starts an upscale division. I humbly disagree. That will only inflate the price and cost to Hyundai. Too many dealers and brands cost money, ask detroit...

Only negative was the seat was not snug enough for "race" driving... I can live with that, I hunker down when going into turns at high speeds..

So to all you "insecure" people that need your "status" symbols, please check your ego at the door of this board.

If I see you on the road in NJ, I'll be happy to give you a run for your money and likely beat you in every category. And I'm "not" a professional driver..

Have a good day...
  • JohnNWJohnNW Member Posts: 25
    Question all you like - I have no other name on this forum I use JohnNW here and Doug725 on owners forum. Yes I use my first and middle names - shocking I know - to keep passwords accounts separate. Like many I have way too many online names, passwords for banking, bills, etc. Why does it matter when I started posting? I just recently saw a relevant posting after paying not much attention to this particular froum. So what. Regardless, if you have no concerns why do YOU keep posting about suspension? What is YOUR motive my friend? Dealer? Can't stand anyone trying to find others who have a similar problem? Why does that bother YOU? Are you that insecure about your purchase? Why are YOU obsessed with an issue for which you have no complaint? Anyway, I'd like to hear some insights and solutions from those with a similar concern as mine or insight. I'm not intersted in drama about motives or insults. The rest of you who are bothered by that - take a leap.
    I drove the Lincoln the other day - pretty nice looking car. Nice interior and rides nicely - no bounciness definitely not sporty. Very heavy and I'd say a bit underpowered given it's weight. Mileage a bit on the low side as well. The Genny definitely feels livlier and gets better mileage. I hear the MKS gets an Eco boost engine for 2010.
    I'd be interested in hearing more about your experience - especially since Hyundai keeps telling me I'm the only one in the ENTIRE country who's reported an issue with the ride!
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Enough with the personal attacks. If you don't believe a poster, just ignore the posts. The name-calling, attacks and personal accusations need to stop here and now.
  • marvinlee1marvinlee1 Member Posts: 51
    I'm wondering on tires. Is it possible that a manufacturer is able to add additional specifications to an OEM tire that are not present on the tire sold on the open market? I would expect that a tire company might be willing to "tune" tires to suit a manufacturer's specifications and suspension design.
  • lilengineerboylilengineerboy Member Posts: 4,116
    I'm wondering on tires. Is it possible that a manufacturer is able to add additional specifications to an OEM tire that are not present on the tire sold on the open market? I would expect that a tire company might be willing to "tune" tires to suit a manufacturer's specifications and suspension design.

We were discussing that in the tire forum as well as the Venza forum. Yeah, that does happen. The Mazda Miata was initially delivered on custom Bridgestones developed especially for it. BMW and Porsche have their own model designation for a particular tire on a particular vehicle. The original Dodge Caravan had a 1-off or 2-off size that met the needs and weight characteristics of that vehicle.

I find it interesting when people cite vehicle handling as a purchase consideration and then complain about the tires or come replacement time, get the cheapest zippy-the-pin-head retread and then complain how it doesn't handle like it used to.

In driving a Genesis around the midwest, I found the ride quality acceptable on the 3rd world roads they call highways around here. That said, I am willing to compromise ride "serenity" for handling, and I am not the Genesis' market segment.
  • backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    The harsh ride you described disappearing in the rain and becoming "very good" is hard to comprehend. Rain by itself shouldn't have any effect on ride smoothness. To my knowledge, there is no such thing (yet) as a "rain-sensing suspension." However... when it rains, it usually gets colder. When it gets colder, tire pressure is reduced (about 1 psi per 10 degrees F). Perhaps colder weather could also affect the performance of the shocks? Also, when it rains, people tend to drive differently (e.g. more slowly and carefully) than in dry weather. So I think there are some other factors at work here.
    Temperature has been suggested as a factor - but we've been unable to find a consistent affect. Yesterday and today I'm experimenting with adding 160 pounds of weight in the trunk as others have done - though it helps the ride around town it did not improve the highway ride this morning. Still bucked and so much vibration coming through my legs are numb by the time I get to work. Just found out that sometime this week Hyundai is hooking up a computer to my car to compile data as I drive.
  • bobadbobad Member Posts: 1,587
    Just found out that sometime this week Hyundai is hooking up a computer to my car to compile data as I drive.

That really shows Hyundai is serious about identifying and fixing your problem. Hope it works for you.
  • cviz821cviz821 Member Posts: 12
    I live in NJ and have owned my Genesis for 2 months now and have over 1000 miles on the vehicle. I have nothing by complements from those who have ridden in the car. I've had no serious suspension issues. When I first got the car I though the ride was very hard. I checked the psi in my tires and noticed that each one was at 37 psi. I dropped them down to 33 psi and the ride was like night and day.

I did have a problem with the car pulling to the left and took it into the dealer for adjustment. I will admit the car is very sensitive to road crowning and does pull to the left or right depending on the road.

The longer I own the car the more I feel it loosen up. It was stiff in the beginning , but now it's feels great.

The pulling does concern me a bit and I believe the Dunlop's are the root cause. I would purchase this car again in a heartbeat. I love driving this car.
  • sergio19sergio19 Member Posts: 90
    Well, I did it.
    Yesterday I went to the dealer, my dealer, up here in Canada, to talk with my Sales Director cause my lease on my Azera is finishing in June.
    I left my home at 10:00am and got back at 18:15. I live 13 minutes from the dealer!

Long story short...I tried the V6 and then tried the V8 (the V8 was brand spanking new from the showroom, they had to take it out for my test drive, it had 3KM on it). For me, the V8 was a big difference. It felt more composed, solid, and I found it quieter. I found the suspension somewhat stiff and responded quickly of road feel. The brakes are unreal! The cars stops so fast and it feels effortless. I drove the car for almost an hour! I did alot of highway and city driving. The car feels great in city and highway driving. I went on some pretty bad city roads and found no issues with suspension performance, it actually felt great.. I felt NO suspension issues at all. (I was worried after reading all these suspension issues here and there).
    After my test drive all suspension issues for me are GONE! This car is absolutely beautiful and felt great.
    At one time i was cruising at 120KM and floored it to see how much power it had and was suddenly at 160KM in no time. WOW is all that came to mind! The whole test drive (V6 and V8) I was alone with my wife in the car. The fit 'n' finish of this car is beautiful and very rich looking.
    At the end of my test drive I already felt like I'd been driving it for months. I found that pretty weird!

Anyways...I then got back to the dealer and signed a contract on the spot for the V8 Tech package.
    Man they are not kidding when people write if you try the V8, make sure your ready to buy!
    My OTD price is $56,206.65CDN or $44,527.78USD.
    I get with at that price:
    Mud guards
    Tinted windows
    Free maintenance for 2 years!!!
    I'm happy about the free maintnance cause I average 30,000KM/year.

Of course I'm excited as hell and can't wait to get the car...
    I ONLY want white and unfortunately I have to wait between 2 and 3 months before getting the car.

A happy new Genesis owner
  • joe97joe97 Member Posts: 2,248
    Many congrats!!!
  • allmet33allmet33 Member Posts: 3,557
    Hey Serg...you gonna take the aftermarket stereo stuff out of your Azera and try to use it in the Genesis???
  • sergio19sergio19 Member Posts: 90
    joe97,
    Thanks for the well wishes...I appreciate it.

allmet33,
    I'm sure you know the answer to that...I'm sure you know what I mean.
    I was afraid to write about what I thought about the Lexicon System in the Genesis as people will think I'm crazy.
    I have ALWAYS put in aftermarket stereo stuff since my 1st car. This will be my 15th car that I have owned.
    I'm 45 now and this car will not stop me from upgrading.
    BUT
    What I'll do is remove the sub immediately and add my amp and sub instead.
    I will not change the stereo nor the speakers as I think it will be plenty.
    The sub for me is a must! I'm sure you know what I mean when I say that I consider myself to be a basshead!

Can't wait to get the car...gotta wait at least 10 more weeks...OUCH!

Regards,
    Sergio,

Good luck on hooking up your aftermarket amp & sub. From my understanding, the Lexicon system in the Genesis uses optical interfaces between the head unit and the amp which could make it real tricky in terms of splicing in for a usable signal.

Like you, I have yet to own a car that I didn't upgrade the sound system, but the Genesis factory system sounds THAT good where you don't have to touch it but so much. The only thing lacking for my tastes is the bottom end of music. The Genesis system clearly has more oomph when it comes to the lower frequencies than the Azera system did, but not quite what I prefer.

It sounds like you'll have a challenge on your hands and the only thing I can really suggest to you is to contact Harman-Kardon's OEM Dept. and ask questions about how you can pull off adding an aftermarket amp to the system while leaving the rest alone. They were truly instrumental to me when I swapped my system out.

Good luck!!!
  • xj220xj220 Member Posts: 78
    Official images of the new Hyundai Equus has come out. It's Hyundai's version of the LS/S-Class/7-Series/A8. It's for the Korean market, but may come to the U.S. as the "Genesis Prestige". It's available in 3.8/4.6 form -- and a 5.0L 420hp long-wheelbase form at a later date. Priced at $93k in Korea (but likely around $50k if sold in the U.S.).

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/02/17/hyundai-equus-first-official-images-hit-web/

Also, Hyundai has developed a Supercharged 4.6L V8 prototype making 460hp. Could it possibly make its way into the Genesis as a M5, AMG, S6 fighter?
  • LASHAWNLASHAWN Member Posts: 303
    I've been reading alot of the posts on this forum about the suspension for the Genesis and came to the conclusion that this suspension is not for everyone. People this vehicle was not designed to be a luxo sport sedan, it was designed to be a luxo cruise sedan period end of story. So if your in the market for a luxo sport sedan than this is clearly not the car for you. If you buy one thinking thats what your gonna get than bash it because it's not living up to its billing than shame on you, it will be your fault for making the purchase not Hyundai. End of story.

Now I have a real con for the Genesis and its not one those its has a bad suspension or the fuel economy was not that good kinda of cons. I only hope and pray that Hyundai adds the cooled seat for the pass side on the 2010 model. To me this is the only con worth mentioning.
    It's nice to see someone else actually realize the reality of things. This is the same issue that happend with the Azera. Folks love the fact that the Genesis costs MUCH less than anything else it can actually be compared to, but that isn't enough for folks. They want more, they want the car to be more than what it actually is to justify to their friends and families why they paid what they paid for a Hyundai (this only pertains to those who don't "get it").

Putting the price into perspective, the omission of the cooled seats really isn't a con considering cars costing $10K or more don't even stack up against what the Genesis offers you as a whole package. While the cooled seats would be a nice addition...I personally don't think it's something that hurts it. I'm pretty sure if Hyundai has been paying attention to the people, it's a feature that may find its way into the car in a future refresh.
  • kenb757kenb757 Member Posts: 149
    Nice looking Azera update. Not an Equus.
    Nice looking Azera update. Not an Equus.

Funny, they have Equus on the front of it.

• dborthdborth Member Posts: 474
    "the new Hyundai Equus has come out. It's Hyundai's version of the LS/S-Class/7-Series/A8. It's for the Korean market, but may come to the U.S. as the "Genesis Prestige".

Thanks for posting. 2 years ago the Genesis that is in the US now was being hyped as, size of a 7 Series, performance of a 5 Series, priced as a 3 Series

Looks like Korea did a little more competitive product research.
    Your blame the owner expectation nonesense is tired and sad. Clearly you guys have not actually read the deatiled posts about the actual suspension concern.
  • kourykoury Member Posts: 225
    Your blame the owner expectation nonesense is tired and sad. Clearly you guys have not actually read the deatiled posts about the actual suspension concern.

JohnNW (doug725) - we are all clearly aware of the suspension "issue" - if that's what you want to call it. Not everyone has experienced the extreme problems you have encountered, and the vast majority really like this car. Maybe you should try to reschedule the ride-along with another Hyundai rep like you did a few weeks ago? It would be almost impossible to expect your problems to disappear a second time with a different Hyundai rep in your car.
    I love the car except fo that one thing. However, there are others who think the ride sucks period and they are right.
    Thanks for posting. 2 years ago the Genesis that is in the US now was being hyped as, size of a 7 Series, performance of a 5 Series, priced as a 3 Series

That's more of a marketing line than anything, but nonetheless factual.
  • bobadbobad Member Posts: 1,587
    I love the car except fo that one thing. However, there are others who think the ride sucks period and they are right.

John, have you ever considered that it's just YOUR car that rides rough? Since your car (by your own admission) rode OK with the Hyundai rep along for a ride, are you sure you're not imagining it? I'm sure you know how your imagination can exaggerate things when you're alone in complete silence. Maybe you should listen to talk radio while driving and see how it goes.
    No...I'm completely blind to the fact of the suspension issues some have complained about. It's really no different than the suspension issues going on with the Azera. However, it's not a universal problem with either vehicle. Some experience it and some don't.

Just because I don't have the issue with my particuarl car, I'm not discounting what someone else experiences. It's just that some folks get a bit overly dramatic when describing the problem, claiming that it's just so unsafe that it will cause one to lose control of their car and crash.

That part I don't understand is how these folks didn't realize the suspension was an issue because a test drive would have shown them that. It really kills me how folks claim they went and test drove a vehicle, but a few weeks later (after purchase) they are complaining about this issue or that issue that clearly would have come out in a REAL test drive. Personally, I refuse to buy a car if I can't take it for a ride that satisfies my curiosities. When I bought my Azera, I drove it over the very roads I drive on my daily commute. I had the car for about 2 hours and the dealer had no problem with that.
  • backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    I think when the comparison was made to the size of the 7 Series, it was re interior room. The new Equus appears to compare with the 7 Series in exterior size also.
    Yeah, I think so too. The Genesis actually boasts larger overall interior volume than the 7 Series. The exterior is more comparable to a 7 Series SWB.
  • tayl0rdtayl0rd Member Posts: 1,926
    It is un vetty, vetty nice, ya? And to copy a scene from Robocop, "I'd buy that for a dollar! Blaah-ha-ha-ah!" I like it.

Also, Hyundai has developed a Supercharged 4.6L V8 prototype making 460hp. Could it possibly make its way into the Genesis as a M5, AMG, S6 fighter?

A fighter? Probably not with just 460HP. An alternative? Quite possibly if they can work on the suspension tuning. Maybe they'll go back to Lotus for help in that area.
    Well...I just got back from my dealer (Alexandria Hyundai) and they have a black Genesis Coupe 3.8, with black leather interior, on the showroom floor that they just got in yesterday. Walking up on it...the lines are clean and evoke motion even when parked.

Sitting in it, the seat was comfortable and very accomodating for a tall guy (I'm 6'2" and weight 215 lbs). I got to turn it on to ACC mode and hear the sound system and it didn't disappoint. The dash is laid out nicely, the center stack is comfortably in reach of the driver, the functions are laid out pretty nicely.

I wish I could say I got to test drive it, but I can't. I wanted to, but between it being the only one they had and me being pressed for time...

I'm looking forward to a test drive, that's for sure!!!

On another note, this dealership seems to "get it" in terms of how they treat the Genesis. The store itself isn't anything to brag about, but you get in the showroom and they have put the Genesis Sedan up on a wood floor...showcasing it. I was pleased to see that they are treating the Genesis like it's truly a flagship within the confines of what they have to work with. I have also noticed they are doing renovations to make the environment more pleasant as well.
  • Patrick11MBPatrick11MB Member Posts: 4
    YES i know finally hyundai might have done something good for once!! They have ade their first good looking car AND they even put a V8in it i thought that was amazing!! :):):):)
  • bocatripbocatrip Member Posts: 194
    This is one amazing value for a car in this price range. Although the M35 and GS350 are more refined, there is a difference but also look at the price differentiation? Hyundai will still be ironing out and fine tweaking any issues. Considering the position that Sonata has moved to, I've sure the Genesis will be giving the Asian counterparts something to think about. Toyota did it in 1990 for Lexus. Anything is possible.
    sorry I test drove a demo EXTENSIVELY on two different occassions - including a snowy day. The first time I had it for an entire day and drove all my usual routes. It was raining however. Had the demo rode like my car I expereince now I NEVER would have bought it. Yes, air pressure was checked. I have since driven several other Genny's and they all have the sub-standard ride. The reality is that the US suspensio cannot handle real world driving. I;m sure its great on the test track or absolutley perfect roads. Even my passengers comment on the "bouncy ride" and reprt even feeling ill in back. The ride is not good period. Some tolerate it is all. Drive another car back to back and you'll understand.
    JohnNW (doug725) - maybe it's the way you drive? Your real world experiences are vastly different than most others who own this car. But we appreciate the updates ;)
    Even my passengers comment on the "bouncy ride" and reprt even feeling ill in back.

Maybe it IS the way you drive!!! ;) Honestly, if you're going in expecting the driving dynamics of a BMW or a Benz...you're setting yourself up for disappointment. While Hyundai got a great many things right with the Genesis, there's a few things that obviously need to be tweaked. I tested a Genesis and drove it over city streets at speeds up to about 45-50 miles and hour and it handled wonderfully. Hitting potholes, bumps and sunken manhole covers (all purposely) never caused the car to lose it's composure.
    Sorry - setting myself up for disappointment is not valid - I haven't even driven a BMW. I know many want to pin the issuse on the owner in any convoluted way possible, but the car is what it is. It's too sensitive to side to side and up and down motion. When a Mercury Milan has better ride dynamics and less "business" transferred through the seats you know you have an issue. I'm aware many like the ride and that's great (though admitedly surprising to me personally - especially since none of my passengers have enjoyed the ride in the least). The combo of the roads here and the suspension characteristics is a horrible match. I'm aware that there are those who experience the ride characteristics and like it/and or in some cases tolerate it (even in my area). I did notice that other cars - the V8 in particular have what I consider excessive floatiness and motion, but not the same level of constant nervous pitching as mine. Having also driven the '09 Sonata and Sante Fe today I can say they exhibit some of the same ride characteristics on the roads here as the Genny. It's not quite as extreme or annoying, but still present. Actually the 2009 Sante Fe rides worse than my 2002.5 did. Drove the Mercury Milan today and the Nissan Murano - both drove absolutely fine over these roads - especially the Milan (firm yet smooth). Also am driving the M35 today on extended test. It's like night and day compared to the Genny. IMO suspensions are the weak link in the Hyundai lineup. You often hear it described as suspension clunk, bounciness or noise, etc. The Azera had ongoing suspension issue - though I am not aware of the extent.
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    You are giving us a convincing case (if we needed convincing!) that a thorough test drive is always in order to be sure the car we are purchasing suits our individual wants and needs.

I think it's time we accepted that there are differing viewpoints here, all valid, none "wrong". Let's acknowledge that we have different expectations and experiences and accept that we're not going to change each others' minds on those things.

With all of that in mind, it's time to move on.
  • LASHAWNLASHAWN Member Posts: 303
    Pat, you're absolutely right. There are some of us who like the suspension and some of us don't, whatever the case may be just drop it. I'm sure someone at HMA has read these posts and others and are working on a way to correct, so everyone talking about it is kinda pointless; unless you people just wanna vent and get it off you chest. I say if you keep having an issue than there are two things you can do about it. 1) Deal with it and get over it. 2) Get another vehicle. Problem solved.
    If you don';t want to hear about it or discuss it then don't read it or respond - I'm just replying to others on this topic - so take the above advice and "get over it"
    HERE HERE!!! I've had enough of the same tired rant every day. Either sell it or accept it, one or the other!! For most of us, we're very satisfied with our Genny's. Sure there are some minor tweaks but certainly not enough to spoil an overall great ride!
    I really don't have a problem with someone posting about an issue they have with any aspect of the car. The only time it becomes suspicious is when the description of the problem is overly dramatized and blown out of proportion. Like Lashawn said, there are those that completely enjoy the way the Genesis rides and it seems there are those that don't. The only thing I can ask is...how did this issue pop up mysteriously AFTER the car was purchased??? I mean...a thorough test drive would bring the issue to light and if it truly was an issue, why would you buy the car only to complain about it after the fact? If you did test drive the Genesis and you didn't like how it rode, fine...post your test drive findings and keep it moving. I think the issue is that there are some that post with what seems like an agenda as opposed to just being someone posting about their experience...good, bad or indifferent.

It's just funny how there are a few folks that complain about the ride in various forums (and believe me, the number of those actually complaining isn't that great), but every auto publication that has tested either or both versions of the Genesis have all given it good reviews on the ride. The concensus seems to be that it rides good, but it certainly isn't a BMW in terms of driving dynamic. If anything, more than one write up has compared the ride of the Genesis to that of an Infiniti/Lexus.

Again, I don't have a problem with someone posting about something they don't like about the car (everyone's entitled), but don't make it seem like everyone has to go along with your thinking or that we're crazy for not agreeing with you. If you had a "bad" experience during your test drive and you ended up not buying the car because of it...then what more do you really have to say?
  • bmichaelbmichael Member Posts: 2
    I appreciate your advice, and your right, you would never expect this problem in a rear wheel drive car. The first thing that was checked by the dealer was tire pressure, tire condition (new tires) and wheel alignment. The dealer service department test drove the car less then a mile on surface streets and reported it to be normal. When I questioned the service advisor about the tendency of the car to drift on crowned sloped surfaces, he said, at this time there is no fix for that problem. It's a very annoying problem and can be fatiging on long trips. Another problem is the excessive steering wheel chatter that is transmitted from the front suspension. With all that being said, the Genisis is a fine car, as long as your on a level road.
  • tonycdtonycd Member Posts: 223
    When a Mercury Milan has better ride dynamics and less "business" transferred through the seats you know you have an issue.

This issue is more a tribute to the Milan than a whack at any competitor. The Fusion triplets have long been noted for having outstanding suspensions with excellent ride-handling balance, as well as very good value for money. While $30,000 should buy you even better, lots of other pricey cars (cough*LexusES*cough) don't pass this particular test either.
    Honestly, I don't know what to say. Phsyics would indicate if you're driving along a sloped surface, gravity will pull you down the slope. I have noticed it when I drive my Azera...there are some roads that seem to have a steeper slope from the middle to the outer edge than some. The ones that have a very minor slope don't really seem to affect the tracking of the car, however...the steeper ones do. I wish I could say it was characteristic of only Hyundai vehicles, but it seems to affect the Saturn Outlook as well.

When you mention steering wheel chatter being transmitted from the front suspension...what is the existing situation that causes it? I only ask because when I tested a Genesis, I purposely drove over pot holes, sunken manhole covers and various undulations in the roads to see if the car would lose it's composure it didn't. The steering wheel remained firm in my hands, it never yanked one way or the other and the car never felt like it was on the verge of being out of control.
  • tonycdtonycd Member Posts: 223
    I'm wondering if this particular owner would be happier if the suspension were deliberately aligned somewhat away from factory specs to have more self-straightening tendency. A quick googling suggests that both toe-in and caster angles have an influence on this. Maybe a good independent shop can help.
    Maybe, but then if you're setting the alignment to be better suited for driving on "crowned" roads, what would happen on flat ones? :confuse: