Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Odyssey Electrical Problems

Comments

• cleverstarcleverstar Member Posts: 23
    You need to change your starter. The starter clutch slips when you hear zeeee, especially when it's hot.
  • smilysmily Member Posts: 9
    Thanks to this forum. I printed out a copy of SB in regards to the engine pinging (knocking) and get the knocking sensor replaced on my wife's 2007 Odyssey yesterday. Now the annoying pinging is gone! If anyone is having the pinging issue, I will strongly recommend to get it fixed at a dealer.
  • smilysmily Member Posts: 9
    Hi actually it was the main relay, making the noise. No issues not. :)
  • narmitagenarmitage Member Posts: 2
    Mine just started doing the same thing. I bought the thing so I could unlock and open and get the kids in. Also have issues with the radio controls on steering wheel getting crossed. Never, and I do mean NEVER, again.
  • narmitagenarmitage Member Posts: 2
    My '04 did that on the passenger's side vent just a few months out of warranty. Dealer said it would cost a lot to fix and I told him to stuff it. The other vent works fine. It's odd, because I only used the thing a few times. I really hate this vehicle and its many small, but hugely annoying, problems.
  • john321john321 Member Posts: 1
    My car is a 2002 Odyssey. Due to my forggeting turning off a small overhead light, I had a dead battery. After jump start, seems many switches are in a mess (even thought the car is perfectly drivable):

Mainly on driver side switches, the door lock not working; cannot control the passenger side window from driver side (but the switch on passenger side has no problem to control its window); even more weird, the light of the shift indicator (indicates if the shift is on P, R, N, D, D2) is light up normally, but if I trun on the car's main lights, that indicator dims down. Seems the whole car's logic in a mess. Please help me!
  • hmrhmr Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2002 EX that I bought new. The van now has 140,000 miles on it, but I have had electrical issues for most of the past 7 years. I went through the vents now operating and they were fixed by the dealer. I go through head lights and brake lights way too often. However, the big issues that I have had, no one can seem to find the problem. It started about 3 years ago when my horn would not sound when I locked the car. This would occur for a couple weeks then it would start again. Later, my brake light would flash on and off. Again, repair shop could not find any issues. The car locks will just unlock for no reason or the alarm will sound for no reason. My TCS and SRS lights now blink on and off as well. Again, the mechanic cannot locate what the issue is. Has anyone else out there had this problem?
  • bigbouncerbigbouncer Member Posts: 8
    My wife has a 2007 Odyssey. If she leaves anything - and I mean ANYTHING - on in that car when it isn't running, even for a few minutes, the battery dies and the car won't crank or start. Jump starts fine and starts fine after that - unless she leaves something on again. Example: overhead reading light was left on for 30 minutes. Car wouldn't start. The dealer said the battery was fine, and that this was the way Odysseys are. He blamed it on technology. Can this possibly be true, or do I have some other drain on the power...but only when something is left on??
    HELP!! And sorry if this has already been discussed somewhere.
  • pjstarrpjstarr Member Posts: 3
    I have one of the original 1996 Honda Odyssey Vans. The van still runs well after 200 Km. but it has experienced a few electrical problems. This one is a mystery and I hope someone can help... Last week the driver side headlight stopped working. I changed the bulb...still no light. I tried the working bulb from the passenger side...that didn't work. I checked the fuse..ok. I tested the voltage at the socket. There are three connectors, each one showed 12.3 volts when the light switch is in the on position. I cleaned the contacts and checked the ground connection, all ok. The hi-beams work fine, but the @#!@#$% headlight still doesn't go on. Please help!!!
  • arlena1arlena1 Member Posts: 2
    It started about a year ago: once in a while while driving the "door" lights on the dashboard flickered on and off. No big deal I thought...I few months ago my DVD player started acting up. Randomly I could play a few songs then the Err message would show up, DVD would stop working, it's not stuck I can eject it fine, when I try to put it back in the system will reject it... I realized I could get the DVD to play the longest when the radio/DVD unit was still cold (when I first started driving the car in the mornings) then it would stop working after 3-4 songs. The other day I was driving with the radio on, all of the sudden the radio flickered on/off, the lights on my dashboard flickered on/off, then the TCS, Brake and ABS lights stayed on. I pulled over turned the car off, waited a few minutes, turned it back on, the 3 lights on the dashboard were still on (hand brake was not engaged). Next day, dashboard lights didn't come on, radio worked like normal. This morning, I turned the radio on I get the "CODE" on the display as if it was disconnected from the battery (it was not), the dashboard lights stayed off. Now I need to find the radio code to see if it will reset my radio at least. What is going on here? Has anyone else seen these kind of problems? Please help...(Van has about 70k)
    Ok... I gave up trying to fix the headlight and brought the car to a local garage. The mechanic explained that the problem is a faulty DRL module that can be replaced at a cost of about $200 or removed with the result the the daytime running lights will no longer work. I chose option #2, but now I have to remember to turn on the headlights all the time.
  • matd1969matd1969 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2000 EX and im experiencing the same problem where the radio resets while driving the indicator lights on the instrument panel light up.
    Does anybody have a solution for this electrical problem?
  • arlena1arlena1 Member Posts: 2
    update:

about a week ago one day when I parked the Odyssey (turned off the engine) I couldn't open the sliding doors, not manually nor by pressing the door buttons on the inside. I thought "weird, let me turn on the engine again.." to no avail. As if my battery was dead. No dashboard lights came on, the electrical system seemed dead. About 15 minutes later a friend of mine came and wanted to jump my car, I was certain the battery was dead. But when I tried to turn the engine back on this time it started with no problem. I drove home (no dashboard lights flickered on the way home) and then took the car to the mechanic. He checked the battery and it was fine. What he did was clean out the corroded battery connections. I haven't had any radio resetting, dashboard lights flickering or sliding door problems since. Maybe the electrical system didn't get enough juice at times due to the corroded battery connections.
  • tysondudetysondude Member Posts: 1
    About a month ago, after we had a "computer update" performed, our overhead cabin lights started to turn on randomly. We usually had the light switch set to auto and never had problems before. We have to set the internal lights to off now, or manually turn off each each light that turns on.
    Same problem - turned out to be bad contact on driver door switch. I glued a little rubber patch to the inside of the door where it pushes the switch. Problem solved.
  • flashkingflashking Member Posts: 1
    Hope this works, my wife's 2006 Odyssey is having similar issues. :cry:
  • kristinadkristinad Member Posts: 1
    I also have a 04 odyssey with random electrical problems. The radio controls on the steering wheel gets crossed, when turning right at a higher speed (>15 mph) the internal lights blink, and if I don't drive every day, the battery is dead and needs a jump start. We have already replaced the battery and still this problem persists. From other posts I have 2 possible solutions:

faulty DRL module
    bad contact on driver door switch

I tend to leave the sliding doors open (the car is in our garage and this makes it easier for the kids to get in and out). Even the though the lights go off, could this be draining the battery?

Thanks in advance for your time!
    Kristina
  • kaleenkaleen Member Posts: 3
    I have a 2008 Odyssey and have the same problem! We bought it brand new and the first time we had a problem was the day be bought it! Dealership apologized and put a new battery in. We have replaced the battery 4 times in less than 2 years. Honda isnt much help. I can have this problem even after 15 min of something left on. Don't know what to do
  • fibber2fibber2 Member Posts: 3,786
    edited February 2010
    For the multiple posts dealing with this issue: Persistent dead batteries are usually caused by a steady electrical drain that is still present after you turn everything off. In other words, something is still drawing power at a rate of an amp or two at all times when it should not be. There are some ckts that are always in 'keep alive' mode (radio, clock, ECM, headlight & interior light monitor, alarm system), but the total draw should be something like a hundred milliamps or so depending on the vehicle.

A mechanic should be able to put an ammeter in series with the battery terminal (or a voltmeter in conjunction with a known value shunt) and see what is going on. If he detects a real, constant draw, then the next step would be to start pulling fuses one at at time until the offending circuit is isolated. What to do next depends on what circuit is still alive, but step one is to understand why this is happening.

Only other comment is that wet cell batteries can be damaged by bouncing around. Make sure that the hold-down clamp is properly in place.
  • tbuongertbuonger Member Posts: 7
    I've got an 04 Odyssey. When I turn the key, the van acts like the battery is dead, sliding doors don't work, navigation system resets itself and requests a pin code, engine doesn't turn. Then I let the van sit and turn the key again, it starts. Can this be a part of the main relay problem or is it something else? Thanks.
  • oldodyoldody Member Posts: 1
    I have been chasing the same problem for the last week on my 96 Ody..As if my battery was dead. No dashboard lights came on, the electrical system seemed dead. after dismantling the entire dashboard I stumbled on your post and decided to clean the battery terminals.. bingo! All systems go! Boy do I feel foolish..Thanks!
  • hsnitzhsnitz Member Posts: 1
    I've discovered the procedure for resetting my SRS light; looks easy enough but cannot find the MES connector! Is it always yellow? Is it always near the fuse box? There are more connectors near the fuse box (down just in front of the driver's door) than I can count! Where is the MES??? Help, please! :(
  • joagojoago Member Posts: 5
    We've had our van for 3 1/2 years now and love it for all of its conveniences; however, we have experienced the 'dead van' syndrome now twice with the most recent being Nov 6, 2010. The symptoms started on Friday, Nov 5, 2010 while idling at the mall. The engine suddenly had an unusual crack pop noise. (It sounded like a live electrical wire touching metal.) I was a bit frantic over the noise but decided since the van was still running and not smoking that I'd drive it straight to the closest Honda dealer for diagnosis. I explained the symptoms to the dealer and they ran a diagnostic test for a $50 fee. After an hour they indicated that they could find anything wrong with the van. That night, the van started sluggishly and the door indicator light indicated the driverside passenger door was open. I tried pushing the button to close it but it didn't respond so I got out and forced the door closed manually. I ran my errand and returned without turning off the van. I parked the van in our garage and the next day when I went to start it, the van was completely dead. The last time this happened we simply replaced the battery. This time we're going to have the battery tested, charged, and demand an answer from Honda as to why this 'dead van' syndrome is happening not just to us but to others. It's comforting to know that we're not going crazy!!!

We love our van, but Honda needs to identify this as a real issue and warn its owners of the problem via a recall. This could result in a catastrophic issue if this syndrome happens on a busy highway with many passengers inside. Let's take this issue to the media and demand an answer from Honda!!!!
  • kbartlettkbartlett Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2005 Odyssey and have experienced "odd" electrical issues like radio not working suddenly, random dash lights being out and the drivers side sliding door not shutting completely. Today, by far, has been the worst. Like "joago" in the previous post, the car made a bizarre noise like a wire touching metal, all the lights on the display above the steering wheel started blinking, and the car will not start. When the key is turned, nothing happens other than the "sizzling" or "static sounding" noise and the lights blinking. Since this is a Sunday, I can't contact my mechanic or Honda until tomorrow. With so many other people experiencing very similar issues, we should all join together and demand answers & a resolution from Honda...at no cost to us!
    Took the van to Honda twice now. The first time they said nothing was wrong (Thursday, November 4th, 2010). The next time (Monday, November 8th, 2010), I had it towed from my home as is (completely dead) so that Honda could 'fully' diagnose the problem. They declared the problem to be a dead cell in the battery (their battery which they replaced in 2008 in my 2007 van). Honda replaced the battery, declared all to be well (Tuesday, November 9th, 2010), so I picked it up and off I went. It drove fine for the rest of the week. On Friday, November 12th, I had to leave on travel for a week and decided not to take the van to the airport and leave it in long term parking (for fear it might not start upon my return). Well, my fear was founded because on Tuesday, November 16th I received an email from home that the van was completed dead again!!! It wouldn't do a thing!!! I just returned from my trip and now am afraid to 'jump the van' and drive it anywhere.

Something is terribly wrong with Honda's mechanical system and somehow I feel like I'm fighting a losing battle!!! (Funny how our 2000 Nissan Altima has few to no problems in the 10 years we've owned it and our Honda is causing us grief after 3 years!!!)
  • honda2225honda2225 Member Posts: 1
    Have a 2008 Odyssey with the same problem of the battery suddenly being drained. Happened once last week and once this week. I have seen numerous posts about this issue on many different forums, but I do not see an answer anywhere. Has anyone found out an answer?
    No, no answers yet. IT is extremely frustrating, especially since Honda is suppose to have such wonderful customer service. I have had my van in 12 times and everytime they tell me nothing is wrong and replace the battery. I make sure dome lights, radio, dvd, and everything is off and it still dies. Just dont understand!
  • dodgehappydodgehappy Member Posts: 118
    Have a 2011 EX and the last two days we have been getting a message stating Battery Charge Low See Owners Manual. I thought it was a fluke until I check out the odyclub forum and found others with the same issue on their new vans recently. Hoping it is just a glitch that makes the message pop up and not a true issue with the battery/charging system in the new vans!
    I don't know if my problems are solved, but someone advised me to keep the automatic door switch for the sliding doors in the off position unless absolutely needed. I turn door off when the kids aren't riding with me, if we're on a long drive, and when we're parking for a long period of time. So far, that's seemed to save my 'new' battery and kept me from returning to Honda (for now).

I really wish someone would alert the media to these issues so Honda would be forced to answer the same basic question as Toyota..."What's wrong with your vehicles?!? Why are they having electrical problems?!? Why aren't you helping your customers?!?"
    On December 10th shortly after I posted the preceding message, I awakened to a 'dead van' AGAIN! I had the van towed 'AS IS' to the local Honda dealer so they could 'diagnose' the problem. The dealer charged the battery, tested the van, and proclaimed the cause to be an interior light left on. I told them I have been diligent about turning off all items when parking the van for fear it wouldn't start again. They insisted that was the problem and said I could come pick up the van that afternoon. I arrived around 6pm to get the van and low and behold when they went to start the van to bring it around to me, it wouldn't start for the dealer either! (HA! HA! See, I'm NOT LOSING MY MIND!)

After keeping the van over the weekend to 'continue to diagnose' the problem, Honda REPLACED THE BATTERY AGAIN and told me to come pick it up. I did and the van/BATTERY LASTED UNTIL CHRISTMAS (December 25th). Now, the van is DEAD AGAIN.

Sadly, since the 'SNAP POP' I heard in early November, my once reliable Honda van, is no more! I'm afraid to drive anywhere in my van for fear my little one and I will be stranded and left out in the cold (literally and figuratively).

Well, to ALL HONDA OWNER'S WITH ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS, HOPE YOU HAVE A HAPPY HOLIDAY AND DON'T BREAK DOWN IN THE SNOW!!!

(I won't have to worry about that because my van won't start anyway!!!)
  • xialibarenxialibaren Member Posts: 4
    edited December 2010
    Last night, when I turned ignition, halfway through the process, my 2005 Odyssey went completely dead. After I took out the key and out of car for two minutes, the dashboard light up again, I could start the car again. I am just afraid it'll happen to me again when I am on snow mountain road with no cell phone signal.
    It is frustrating because they(the dealership) do make you feel crazy! I spend $34,000 on a new van because we travel alot and didnt want to have to worry about problems. I guess that was a big mistake. I'm very disappointed with Honda's so called excellent customer service. Never again will I buy a Honda
  • simonbrazilsimonbrazil Member Posts: 2
    2008 Odyssey with a very similar problem. Van had no issues for 2+ years. Then, the morning of December 31st, it would not start with an obviously dead battery. Jumped it and it ran fine. On January 1st, the battery was dead again. Took the battery in to get it tested and it was drained and determined bad. Bought a new battery, installed it and the van ran great, until this morning, just 2 days later. The brand new battery is now dead as well. Alternator tested fine. No sign of electrical drain (according to technician). I'm now stuck with an unreliable van without any answers of how to fix it.

VERY odd issue that seemed to happen in conjunction with dead battery: both mornings it was jumped after dead battery, a horrible sound (fast, loud clicking) and some smoke from the right side of the engine was observed. According the technician, this was the A/C compressor pressure release blowing (it should be noted it is below freezing where I live...A/C should not be running.) No indication these issues should be related, but coincidental that it has only happened twice and both times in the past 4 days after a dead battery and a jump start.
    I picked up our van from the dealer on 30 December. This time they 'dug' a little deeper and determined that the radio was the problem. They removed the radion and give me three options --- 1. Buy a new radio from Honda for $1,200 (still laughing at that one), 2. Buy a radio from Best Buy (none are compatible with my DVD player, etc., and 3. Have them send the current radio out for testing. Well I chose Option 3. Now if the van dies during the next 2 weeks without its radio, then we'll know it's not the radio!!!!! We bought the van to take our family vacations, etc., Like others I am so frustrated with Honda and no longer feel safe driving our van long distances.

Oh, by the way, when I called the Honda 800 Customer service line, they informed me that they were about to go on hiatus for a few weeks. Guess vacation is more important than fixing our vans!!!

Had the same 'snap pop' noise back in November and that's when the problems started and never stopped.

HELP HONDA!!! FIX THE PROBLEM!!!
  • dani10dani10 Member Posts: 2
    take it in mine has the same problem it is a electrial issue not the battery.mine is at the dealer right now
  • runutz2runutz2 Member Posts: 2
    I now have the same problem.. 2002 odyssey. After short 10 mile drive turned car off. Won't start. Had battery checked. DEAD. Needed a new one anyway. New battery...turned key...lights flickered... steady clicking under dash somewhere. No crank. Took key out and left. Came back 20 minutes later and dash was still clicking. That clicking is coming from somewhere and that's what is draining the battery power BUT what is it??? Pushed the car home...like the biggest loser challenges....took the ignition switch apart and then started reading all these forums. I see no one has a solution yet. Have they???????. Was everyone's car clicking even when the key was removed? What Honda phone numbers has everyone been calling?? Let's start calling the same one. Tommorrow I am going to scrub those battery connections good, turn off all lights, tape down the door switches, turn off door switches, and remove fuses like radio, etc. Anything to get the clicking to stop. Any advice anyone????
  • dani10dani10 Member Posts: 2
    Its not the battery....i am having the problem with my 2011 touring i have taken it in three times now...At first they kept telling me their is nothing wrong!!! the first time they reset the sensor and the second the idots at corp said i was leaving lights on!!! and the third corp also calleme and tried to blow lots of smokes up my [non-permissible content removed] and say that their is nothing wrong!!!! blah blah,my dealer ship believes me that their is something wrong! i will also be calling corp offices again to give them a piece of my mind!!!!! I ha no problems with my 2007 ody!!! I really feel it is a computer problem!!! :mad:
  • jmansfield1jmansfield1 Member Posts: 7
    I purchased a brand new 2011 Elite 2 weeks ago. As I drove home from the lot my TPMS (tire pressure monitoring system) light came on and stayed on. I immediately drove back to the dealer service center. Initially they thought it was just tire pressure but quickly realized it was an actual error of the TPMS system. One of the techs said he has seen this on one other 2011 Odyssey and that it is triggered by smart cellular phone interference. He told me it would probably happen again if I used my cell phone in the van. So they reset the TPMS error and I turned off my cell and drove for 30 minutes with no issues. So then I turned my cell phone on, and still no issues for another 5 minutes. Then my wife called and at the exact moment my cell phone rang the TPMS went into error again.

So the service center tells me this is something they can't fix. They are waiting for a software fix from Honda. When I submitted the case to Honda Corp Customer Care they say that this is not a "known issue" and that they are not actively working on a resolution for it.

I am wondering if anyone else is having this problem? FYI - My cell phone is an LG Quantum smart phone from ATT. I am considering returning the van for a new one, but I don't know what I am supposed to do at this point.
  • robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805
    If you type in TPMS interference on google, you'll get plenty of hits about issues with multiple brands and multiple devices (laptops, cellphones, PSP's).
    Here is the latest info I have on this topic from my dealer service center. It is frustrating because Honda Corp is not confirming the situation...

"This is a problem that will be fixed it may take some time. I had a meeting with (Local Honda Service Manger) and was told that Honda has a bulletin and film out to all dealers relating to this problem, the cause is a certain type of phone, ipod, hand held devise and so on. Honda is upgrading the signal (receiver) to correct this problem, this is not a overnight fix and could take 30 +/- days. "

This is what the error looks like. It is triggered by interference from iPhone, Droid and another smart phones. Honda still does not officially acknowledge the problem. When this error occurs the TPMS is disabled automatically. No tire pressure monitoring sounds like a big liability issue for Honda.
  • simonbrazilsimonbrazil Member Posts: 2
    SOLVED! Two months later, with no solution, but no issues in that time, it happened again. Same clicking sound, same smoke witnessed and the next day, the same dead battery. This time, I took it to Frank Ancona Honda in the Kansas City area. They saw the same issue with the release valve and also found no issues that should cause a dead battery. But unlike other attempts, they called Honda support to see if this was part of a known issue and got an answer. There is an issue that has been reported multiple times of a stuck A/C clutch relay. The result is a compressor that doesn't turn off when it should, causing the excesss pressure and a battery drained of power over night.

I would like to mention my extreme satisfaction with the dealer and their willingness to go the extra mile to find the answer.
  • raycel75raycel75 Member Posts: 1
    Im having the same problem with my 2004. None of my power locks are working. I already checked the fuses and disconnected the battery and connected it again. Do you have any advice because i really dont want to spend alot of money for someone to tell me it was a simple fix.
  • manfrottomanfrotto Member Posts: 2
    Great. Just picked up my 2011 EX-L. Drove it twice (the first time being on the way back from dealer). The TPMS light came on. Any further word from Honda Corporate or your dealership regarding this issue? Just wondering before I bring mine in for service. Agh...I hope they even know it’s a similar issue, and not tell me I’ve done something wrong or something.
    Manfrotto,
    I am sorry to hear you are also having a problem with your new Honda but I have to admit it is a small relief to see that someone else is having this TPMS trouble. I wonder if you are having the same problme as me? Do you have a smart phone? They will initially think it is just a real tire pressure problem - and that might be correct. In my case, I have a TPMS error, which is not the same message you get for a true tire pressure problem. My phone is an ATT LG Quantum. If I go to the dealer and allow them to clear the error i can re-trigger the error by having someone call my cell while I sit in the driver seat. Honda still does not acknowledge this as a "known issue" and last week i found that the dealer was mistaken in thinking that a fix was on the way. I told them i was going to give Honda another couple weeks and then i am bringing it in for service. AAAAAAAGHH!!!
  • ldub1ldub1 Member Posts: 1
    The screen in my 2011 Ody is frozen, stays on all night, can't switch the radio, do anything with the DVD entertainment system and the reverse cam doesn't work when I put the car in reverse. This is the second problem I have had with this 2011 Odyssey in the 4 weeks that I've owned it. The first problem was the windshield wipers breaking and I was told 3 other Odys were brought in the same day as mine to have them fixed. I had a Honda prior to this Ody and had absolutely no problems, so I decided to buy Honda again. I will NEVER do so again in the future. Prior to buying Hondas, I bought Swedish and after the repairs I went through with Saab, I said 'no way' even though the car was superb to anything I have driven. Now, I'm stuck with this hunk of crap Odyssey 2011 for approximately the next 10 years. I am so dissatisfied I would persuade anyone to go the route of Toyota, BMW, Subaru or the Scandanavian vehicles. At this point, after paying $37 K for an automobile, I feel like I've been fleeced by Honda. It can no longer stand by the old motto "Honda is forever" in the context that the vehicles are well built and durable and reliable. The new context is that one will forever remember how much $ one spent on the crap that is manufactured today and reminded every day upon driving the sub-standard vehicle. In retrospect, I'd give up the 15 cup holders and ample space for a reliable vehicle that delivers on performance for my whole family. The Honda reputation is fading.
  • mikeemmmikeemm Member Posts: 1
    I have witnessed the same thing. Completely dead battery, jump started, loud clicking noise, smoke and electrical smell. Then car wont start. Replaced battery, took to Honda, said everything is fine, two weeks later dead battery, jump start, loud clicking noise, smoke and smell. Does this sound the same as your experience. Did Honda cover the costs of it? If not, can you tell me around how much the cost was? Thank you!
  • runutz2runutz2 Member Posts: 2
    Just an update on my battery situation described in #92. I mentioned my husband took the ignition, steering wheel parts apart. He also cleaned the battery terminals AGAIN after many experts suggested. I was all ready to call the tow truck. I turned the key and it started. My 17 yr old daughter drives the car to school so I'm not aware of any weird symptoms it might have. I'm glad it started but I don't really know why it happened. And yes, I don't trust it. BUT, I did learn this...... DO ONE thing at a time and try to start the car...at least you might know what made the difference!
    Spoke with my dealer again yesterday. My dealer insists that they have sold several Touring Elite's with reports of the same TPMS problem. 6 cases in Evansville, Indiana area. Honda Corp still does not acknowledge the issue. They tell me the dealer service center should be able to repair the issue (likely by replacing the TPMS receiver which connects to the ECU). But my dealer says they refuse to start throwing money at the problem because they believe Honda Corp will eventually acknowledge the problem and provide the best fix.

What shocks me is the lack of reports on the internet about this issue. It makes me wonder if this is really the epidemic that my dealer says it is or if it is a random defect like Honda Corp says it is.

We need for everyone who has the issue to report it at Safercar.gov so the US DOT can put pressure on Honda Corp to acknowledge the issue. I am starting to believe that Honda's answer to the problem will be "do not carry a smart phone into this vehicle - driver or passengers".

Here is the link to the complaint that I have filed:
    http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/complaints/results.cfm?odi_ids=10384734&SearchType=- QuickSearch&summary=true&refurl=email
  • bmwx5mbmwx5m Member Posts: 9
    We're having the exact same problem, '11 Elite. No resolution in sight, service visit (for this and other reasons) this week.