Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler Pacifica Oil Problems

Comments

• woodsewoodse Member Posts: 6
    I am going through this now with a 05 3.8. My oil light came on, I turn of the engine and restart, the light stays off for the trip. Now this occurs every morning. I have changed the oil and filter and no change in condition. Haven't noticed oil consumption, have 95k with no trouble previously.
  • jtg61jtg61 Member Posts: 43
    It could be the oil pump. Changing the oil and filter wouldn't help this.
    Thanks, are they difficult to change? I think the 3.8 is in the timing chain cover?
    Bought my replacement oil pressure sender today. should be easy replacement. Parts counter said these usually go, unlikely it a pump, keep you posted.
    Changed the oil filter and purchased a new sender. Can't get the plug off the sending connection, broke the red lock mechanism attempting to remove with a screwdriver. I am so disgusted I will drive them engine dead and sell it for scrap.
  • amiec01amiec01 Member Posts: 1
    So I have an 05 PAC touring edition and I LOVED the car itself but It was NOTHING but problems since I got it in 07. I bought the car cause my husband is in the Air force and we needed a reliable car and we were having a baby so this car was perfect until the brake sensors went out (all 4) the lifters went out, the transmission had like three leaks, two motor mounts broke, and now the transmission is SHOT so I have had this car for 2.5 years and just got a new car tonight so that I can let the PAC get repoded cause I am so upside down on this car and my warranty just expired three thousand miles ago and it wont pass the inspection for a new warranty and we don't have $3,000 for a new tranny. Thank god my husband has good credit and I got that car on my own. DO NOT BUY A CHRYSLER
  • gingerh930gingerh930 Member Posts: 1
    Wow, I am just really upset at reading all these posts. I need a new oil pan for my 2004 PAC and just hit 126k miles. There is an apparent NATIONAL back order on those so I cant get one new and to install a used one is 600$ which wont last that long my mechanic said. He said if there was a national back order on one product that is an indication that Chrysler knows that there are problems with the oil pan. Anyone interested in a class action law suit? I dont want money I want a car that works properly !!!!
    I owned an '05 PAC with 3.8L 4-speed and got rid of it. I traded it in for an '08 PAC Touring 4.0L 6-speed. The difference is like night and day. This is what the PAC should have been from the start. The 62TE 6-speed transmission is light years ahead of the old clunky 4-speed. Mated with the 4.0L it is silky smooth and gets better gas mileage (27 Hwy, 22 City) real world. This is the same combo they use in the current T&C minivan so it's current and parts are available. Thankfully I'm the original owner so it has the Lifetime Powertrain Warranty. Sadly this is not transferable. My advice is anyone who owns a PAC older than the '07 model should get rid of it and and used car buyers shouldn't buy anything older than an '07. The 4.0L 6-speed is a must have in a Pacifica.
  • mstwan68mstwan68 Member Posts: 7
    Well people.... I'm back!!! After the replacement of the alternator about 6 weeks ago, it seemed that my PAC was back to good as new since no more flickering lights or car stalling...WRONG!! The flickering started gradually 6 days ago and has progressed back to the same state as it was before the alternator was replaced. We drove the PAC for the holidays. Got the oil and other liquids topped off before we left and everything appeared to be fine. We drove 270 miles from our front door and began to smell oil only to stop at a gas station and discover that the car was EMPTY of oil!!! We put 4 quarts in it and continued the additional 450 miles to our destination. When we arrived we checked the oil and it was full. The first 270 miles were all straight highway, no hills. The remaining 450 was over, around and through the mountains since I-40 has been closed due to rock slide. On the trip back, the oil was checked prior to departure and we went over the river and through the woods and around the mountains and arived at the destination we originally stopped at on the way to check the oil. The oil was fine. We drive the next 250 miles of straight highway and began to smell oil. Pulling over to check and guess what.... The car was low on oil!! We added 2 quarts and arrived home taking it to the Chrysler dealer the next day. We had reported the problem after the holiday before we came back so they were expecting us. Now, here's the kicker ladies and gentlemen...The printed up a copy of what 'Chrysler' has deemed check points for any problem and started down the list only to get to the part about the PCV and tell us that maybe something is sticking(The valves are new! They replaced them 3 months ago!) and that the only way for them to check this is to drive the car. Now, I'm no mechanic, but the way it seems to me is that if we are losing all on a straight highway driving 3 hours at a time, then for them to drive it over several days to get to the 200 mile marker is NOT going to show them what they need to see. Frustrated because this was there suggestion. We told them ok, there are over 40,000 miles on the car; I drive the PAC to and from work and babysitter each day which puts about 15 miles a day on the car. They are now wanting to add mileage that may not show them a problem and I have a problem with this. Is there no other way they could test this? This is all so meaningless!! We haven't even gotten to talking about the flickering lights again!!! We've decided to let them drive but told them, somebody needs to take a road trip and get it all done in one day with their little gadget to check codes, that will probably NOT show up. They didn't before so I don't know why they think this will be different. I'll keep you all posted.
    I couldn't get the sending unit plug off last week so tonight its coming off with pliers or hammer. Washington should bail us out, not Detroit.
    Forced the connector off and now find there is a special socket that Chrysler has created to remove the sender. Theres another 20 bucks. Interesting that I removed the connection and started up the car and got the oil pressure light, turned it off and restarted and no light, this was the exact condition when the sender was attached. Maybe Chrysler has programmed a service condition in the ecm to create business?
  • pacman2009pacman2009 Member Posts: 11
    Thanks for your posting. I have a 2006 PAC that has about 130,000 kms (80,000 miles). Bought it new in 2006 and it has been nothing but trouble since I owned it - continuous front suspension issues, headlights burning out, electrical problems, and now its burning at least 1 quart of oil every 1000 miles. I'm heading to the garage tomorrow morning to get them to fix the oil problem (ha, ha, ha...). I'm curious to see what they're going to say, in light of all of the postings I've been reading. I'm hoping its not the cylinders/oil rings, and maybe the sender. We'll see, I'll let you know their diagnostic.
    You are in my prayers. I'm on the phone with the Chrysler service center now. They've had my car since Monday November 30th. They put someone on the road and they've now come up with the oil is going to the intake valves. They drove it and this is what they came up with. Putting a valve cover on it. They are waiting for the part. I showed them a posting from this web site where one of our members had suggested this and they blew me off! Now they are fixing the exact same thing that was reccommended AFTER putting an additional 250 miles on my car. AMAZING!! AND the electrical issues that are still going on have not even been addressed!! I'll keep you posted folks!! Anybody know how we can get these things passed by the LEMON LAW!!!
    What a waste to see the «indifference» management attitude at Chrysler. I feel bad for the thousands of employees whose work depends on the idiots who are designing motors, suspensions, transmissions and electrical systems at Chrysler. I should have been a little smarter when I bought the PAC in 2006, especially after having read all of the poor feedback from consumer reports indicating how unreliable Chrysler products are in comparison to most other car manufacturers. I was hoping that this car was going to be different, although I've been known to be too much of an optimist at times. Trust me, I will never buy another Chrysler again and believe me, I will tell as many people as possible about it. I'm just hoping/dreaming/allucinating that my mechanic will be able to identify the cause of my oil problem at the dealership this week. I'm still hoping..... despite all of the negative comments in this forum. Stay tuned dudes....
    Ok everyone. Here is the latest update from Chrysler on the electrical problems(along with oil consumption) that I have been facing. I was told by the serviceman that concerning my 'electrical problems' Chrysler relayed to them that the issues were not consistant enough to continue to try and fix the problem. OMG!!!! What do I have to do? The car was in there for almost a month, 3 times, for the same electrical issue that they fixed 3 separate things for claiming that they solved the problem. OH LORD!!!
    If you've been following the comments in this forum, you know that all of us have at least one thing in common - «serious premature oil consumption problems with our Pacifica» and an unwillingness of Chrysler to acknowledge the problem. I have decided to bring it up with my dealership In Montreal, Canada. Of course their first reaction was «its not on warranty anymore» and I said answered OK, but I still need to get it fixed. Their next reaction was «we need to do an oil consumption test» after which I answered «I don't want an oil consumption test as I know that I'm losing 1 liter (1 quart) of oil every 1000kms (600 miles). After arguing with them a little and after they did a visual inspection to see if the motor was leaking oil anywhere, they will be opening up the engine to see if there is any internal premature wearing of the oil rings (as indicated in some of the previous comments in this forum) or anything else, such as damage to pistons or walls. FYI, I sent them a copy of some of the very pertinent comments in this forum to help them understand that this is a common problem, even if Chrysler has not formally acknowledged it. I doubt if Chrysler will ever agree to do anything about it, unless there is legal action but I'm hoping/dreaming/halucinating that the delearship may be competent enough to find the solution, even if it costs me $$ to get it fixed.
    Stay tuned dudes.
    Hi dudes.
    See my previous comment for follow-up. I just received a phone call back from my Chrysler dealership in Montreal, Canada. The service guy started off by telliing me that he had bad news for me. Then he let me have it right between the eyes. In summary, the pisiton rings are finished and as a result, too much oil is being consumed inside the engine. The reason why the piston rings are finished is because the cylinders and no longer perfectly cylindrically round and as a result, they are wearing out the rings. He quickly added that it would be useless for me to change only the rings because they would wear out over the next few months with the bad cylinders. This is where it gets really frustrating - Chrysler is no longer making the short block for the 3.5L engine - I would have to get the long block for the 3.5L engine. The cost to replace and install the long block would be about $10,000. So, the decision was easy for me. I'm getting rid of my Pacifica and I'm going to buy a trouble free Toyota, either a Venza or a Highlander. I just feel bad that someone else will be inheriting the problem from me. This is my last comment on this forum. Thanks to everyone who has helped me better understand the oil consumption problem of my PAC and good luck to you if you are just starting to learn about your problem. One word of advice, get yourself a good mechanic and hope he has an open mind. This forum has been very helpful to me.
  • coley2coley2 Member Posts: 2
    I started having heater control problems with my 04 pacifica. No matter what setting I selected I only got air through the dash vents. I brought it into the dealership, and was told that the powerhead was "froze". The tech recalibrated it whatever that means,and got it working for about two weeks. I am now back to having no floor heat,and no defrosters. Anyone else have this issue ?
  • happytrails07happytrails07 Member Posts: 12
    My 05 Ltd. with 66k miles just started doing this as well a couple weeks ago. I have not taken it to the dealership yet (no time) as the heat is still working just not keeping our feet warm. Please keep us posted as to what you learn and I will do the same.
    Everyone, lets keep the discussion in this section restricted to «Pacifica Oil Consumption Problems» as this is the proper section for that. Any other problems with your Pacifica (and there are many others) should be inserted in the appropriate section, not this one. I wanted to follow-up on my last post in December.

I have not witnessed any further oil consumption problems since they opened up my engine, told me that I needed to change the block, and changed a few oil rings, gaskets, etc... I also understand however that I simply put a band-aid solution on a very serious problem and its just a question of weeks before I start seeing the problem of oil consumption come back again.

While the Chrysler garage mechanic opened up the engine in December, he discovered worn oil rings, gaskets, etc... due to damaged cylinders. Fixing the cylinders problem would mean changing the block which would cost about $10,000 from Chrysler, so I asked him to simply change the rings, gaskets, etc... and I made the decision on the spot that I've had it with Chrysler and I'm going to a trouble-free Toyota Highlander.
    ">
    Note that Chrysler is not accepting any responsibility with this engine defect. What a waste.....
  • qpowerqpower Member Posts: 34
    I am Sooo glad I got rid of my 2005 Pacifica 3.5 as the engine oil consumption was 1 qt of Mobil 1 per 1000 miles, and this is completely unacceptable for a modern, well made engine. The net result would have been engine damages, exhaust system damage, and extraordinary costs... I sold off at 45K miles back to my dealer in place of a new 2008 T&C, he got stuck with a vehicle he couldn't sell for more than the trade value, and I got a decent engine and ride that so far has had small issues, not these large issues. I can't see buying another Chrysler product under the present company, that is sad...

:D :confuse: :lemon: :sick:
    I am happy to have the 4.0 Liter, 6-speed combo in the 2008 Pacifica. These are still production products in Chrysler's present line. I am also happy to have the lifetime powertrain warranty. I would not own anything other than an '07 or '08 Pacifica with this powertrain combo and the lifetime warranty. Everyone else, good luck!
    From the comments in this forum, I've concluded that the PAC pre-mature oil consumption problem seems to be with the 3.5 L, and not the 4.0 L. In fact, Chrysler advised me in December that I cannot replace my damaged short block (cylinders scorched) as Chrysler is no longer selling it anymore; I have to buy the long block instead (I think they are referring to the 4.0 L). Anyways, if you have a 3.5 L that is pre-maturally consuming oil, I suggest that you get rid of it ASAP as you are probably hedding for major trouble. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to lead a class action (although I firmly believe we have a strong case) so I will just have to sit on it and accept what has happended to me.

Signed, another lost Chrysler customer for life......

ps: trust me, I will also make sure that everyone I know will be well advised of how Chrsyler has handled this situation.
    These are terms within the car industry for the difference between selling you the engine block only with its built-in internal parts, stripped of all external components needed by an engine in chassis, like the accessories that hang off it, or a long block, which is essentially a complete engine ready to be dropped into place on motor mounts and driven away after set-up.

It is bull__it... that's why I got rid of the car, which was the best choice I ever made with a car!

Sorry for your loss, pacman2009 - whoever gets on the class-action bandwagon, please count me in!! :(
    Gpower
    Thanks for the clarification with respect to the short vs long block. I also decided to sell my PAC, just like you have done and just like many others in this forum will be doing. If anyone decides on organizing a class action, please count me in. Good luck to everyone in this forum discussion.
    Cheers from Canada.
  • cinkiss2000cinkiss2000 Member Posts: 1
    I too own a Pacifica. I can tell all of you the 2007 is no different. I also have had oil problems and just had a transmission replaced. I also have a noise in the front end that don't go away. They told me the oil consumption is normal. They also several times said they could find nothing wrong with the tranny before they had to replace it. They also had to fix my transfer case already. I was told the day I got my car back that another Chrysler Pacifica 2007 same as mine came in the day before with the same problem, and needed a tranny. One of the worse things they could have done was put a cap on the fluid holder so a comsumer cannot check their own fluid. Although my car had just been checked and low on fluid according to the dealer and refilled just 5 weeks prior to my transmission going. I really think chrysler messed up on these cars and should be held accountable.
    It appears these issues are more with the All-Wheel-Drive version of the Pacifica than the Front-Wheel-Drive. Please differentiate which version you have when posting. The AWD version seems to put more stress on the drive-train components. There seems to be a lot of Canadian posters here with problems related to their weather extremes. I have never had a problem with my '05 and '08 versions of the FWD Pacifica here in St. Louis where the weather isn't as extreme and mine is garage kept.
    I live in Montreal (Canada) and I drive an AWD, however I doubt if it makes any difference with respect to pre-mature engine oil consumption - note that this section of the forum concerns oil consumption issues only. I do also have serious suspension problems with my PAC, probably related to my AWD, however I will post these comments in another section of this forum, so that others with similar suspension issues may follow. Cheers from the far north.
  • bob502bob502 Member Posts: 1
    My 3.5 liter Pacifica spun a bearing. Low mileage with proper maintance. It does seem, now that I think about it, that I had to add oil on sever ocassions. Never got more than a qt low. The engine always seemed weak on the highway/passing situations.
    I heard this particular engine is weak and that there have been many problems however I can not find data online to back it up, only word of mouth. Any one have facts and numbers on this problem?
  • mnjeffmnjeff Member Posts: 7
    I am so glad I looked for others who have had the same issues we're currently having with our 2005 3.5L Pacifica. We were informed last week that our engine needs to be replaced completely because of damage due to "the engine being run void of oil". Chrysler has been completely uncooperative as have two Minneapolis Chrysler dealerships.

Has anyone pursued a class action lawsuit against Chysler related to the oil consumption problems discussed in these posts? Even the dealer mechanics agree that a 5 year old vehicle shouldn't need a complete engine replacement. If anyone has tried a class action lawsuit and failed, could you please tell me what the reasoning was?
    Pacman 2009,

Have you initiated a class action lawsuit against Chrysler? If so, how do I get in on that? Our 2005 Pacifica is in the shop now with a $5,000+ engine replacement.
    Unfortunately, you need to have established a history of losing oil with the dealer to even have a good chance at prevailing with Chrysler. Their warranty is only as good as the paper its written on, because the driver can usually be found at fault for letting the oil run low. That's your real problem!

You let the oil run low - you didn't check the oil every fuel fill up, as recommended. This is the rubrik all manufacturer's will use. You are solely responsible for the maintenance of the vehicle.

I do not believe that Chrysler can be found with out liability for these troubles, but it will take a class action to pursue this and with Chrysler's financial problems, you may have trouble finding a good lawyer to pursue this.

i owned the exact model you do - I got rid of it two years ago at 45K miles with 1 qt of Mobil 1 synthetic oil running through it every 1000 miles! That's daft!

So I sold it back to the dealer in trade of a T&C minivan, which uses an older technology 3.8L pushrod engine. It hasn't been trouble yet in 33K miles of use, so I took a discommedation for the value of the Pacifica and got out! Cost me about $15K for three years of use, so in line with expectations.

I would Love to be a part of any class action suit over the oil troubles as these are clearly Chryslers faults and omissions.

But I feel a bit like the veritable Dutch boy putting my fingers in a dike!
  • leshessleshess Member Posts: 1
    I have a 07 4.0 Pacifica and just had to replace the engine. I have only had it for a year and half. I hav an extended warranty on it but was not honered because they said it was due to running with low oil. I have properly maintained my vehicle so i was shocked by this and had it towed to a garage where i new the owner for trust reasons. But what was weird about the garages diagnostic was they didnt even look at the engine. and now i know why. A car burning this much oil is not right. Ive diven old and new and never had a problem unless there was an oil leak. Even the mechanic that replaced my engine said it was wrong. I personally am gonna try to fight this battle and will keep u all updated but first i have a question for u all. Did any of ur oil lights come on to notify u that the oil was low? mine never came on and i would consider that a defect. well wish me gl and gl to u all.
    You are definitely correct. Although I haven't had the engine replaced, I too have under-gone arguments with Chrysler technicians and such and am still going with it for electrical problems(lights flickering ) but the oil light has NEVER came on. I have been careful to check each fill but this is not even a sure thing because if we drive over 300 miles one way, when we get there THERE WILL BE NO OIL IN THE CAR! Smart of Chrysler to design this issue and then not be willing to do anything about it when over 100 folks start complaining. I will never buy another Chrysler product. Trying to unload this one, but as you may expect, we're under with the loan. Go figure. It ain't worth the money you spend to purchase it. Good luck and keep me posted.
    Our oil light never went on. The "check engine" light flashed a couple times over the course of a month or so but never stayed on. When the mechanic ran the diagnostic, they were not able to pull any "codes". So they continued to drive the car over the course of a few days trying to identify the issue. I am going to start making a few calls to lawyers on 2/22 to determine whether or not a class action suit is appropriate or not.
  • coley2coley2 Member Posts: 2
    I have an 04. Since day one it has gone through a quart between oil changes which I do every 3 to 5k. The ngine has a rap that sounds like a tired engine with 300k. I have inquired about this problem with my local chryler hacks. I have been told that this is normal. For the record. I bought it used in 07 with only 10k on it. I have replaced both tie rods, Both headlamp bulbs twice. The powerhead froze up, so the heater controls do work. It just leaking tranty fluid. Chrysler ought to be ashamed of themselves for selling this piece of junk to us.And to think We had to bale them out ! What a joke. I am now a Ford man.
    This too is true of my '05 PAC. The oil light has 'never' came on and we are currently just 'driving it' until it dies. We still suffer with the intermittant flashing of all interior and exterior lights and the occassional 'bell' when the ABS light flashes. The oil consumption is still the same and we have found that as long as we drive it in the city( I drive 20 minutes to and from work each day round trip and the occassional trip to the grocerers or mall) we have no problem with the oil, but the minute we drive 300 miles(from our garage to the Tennessee border) we are completely out of oil. They have changed everything they could think of and are basically stuck. Let me know about that class action suit. I'm alllll in!!!
  • benniegirlbenniegirl Member Posts: 5
    I am going to court next month to argue against Chrysler. When I turned in my leased Chrysler for which I had to replace engine at 47,000 miles, I told them to subtract my cost to purchase new engine out of what they believed they were due.

They are suing me and I'm countersuing. Wish me luck...
  • woywoy Member Posts: 2
    Am lucky I check my engine oil...found I need to add a quart of oil every 1000 miles. My Pacifica has only logged 60k miles...would assume the engine seals are shot and engine is burning oil. I have always been good at getting my oil changed and have not had any problems until the last 6 months. Does it get worse?
  • cyberbcyberb Member Posts: 1
    I have the same problem. My Pacifica has 37,000 miles on it. Last week it started knocking loudly. It was completely out of oil. The dealer estimates it will be at least $7200 to repair it.
  • grugergruger Member Posts: 15
    If you feel its burning oil more faster than the 3000 mile checkup, every time you change the oil, you can ask the attendant to fill it 1/3 above the normal filling line which will give you more time and less worry when you are ready to change the oil. I have a Pacifica 2005 touring AWD 80,000 miles with no problems but of course we do not drive it much unless its a snowy day or family outing.
    I am in middle of countersuit with Chrysler over this issue. I'll keep you posted...
  • dodgefan1dodgefan1 Member Posts: 1
    I'm glad I stumbled on this discussion. I own a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica AWD Touring. After reading this discussion I started keeping a watchful eye on the oil consumption. It is consistent with other posts on here... If I take a road trip, oil consumption is RIDICULOUS! I lose 1 QUART PER 1000 MILES. I've had cars in the past which burned oil, but this is horrible. Class Action Suit sounds good to me!

Can I do anything other than keep the oil full? What's next... Trans fluid?

:mad:
  • happytrails07happytrails07 Member Posts: 12
    Well just an update my 05 Ltd. After a couple years of mild bliss (As you recall the dealership supposedly fixed my old consumption problem in Aug of 07) we are back to burning it like the gov't burns through money. Just took a spring break trip of 1500 miles and it toasted a full quart. I am trying the Lucas oil additive, but no major improvements. Help!! This is my fourth and last Chrysler product.
  • eroberts05eroberts05 Member Posts: 8
    I have a 04 FWD Pacifica 6 Cylinder and it burns oil as well. It started going through the oil when it was about three years old. In fact every vehicle I have owned that were Dodge/Chrysler and even Chevy cars with 6 cylinder engines, they all burned oil after a few years. Some I had the engines worked on, ring jobs, etc, but it did not seem to make much difference. My father taught me cars need gas, oil, water, and air to keep running, so I know to add oil if it needs it.
    Our problem was that the engine was doing this from the beginning. To make it worse the check oil and check engine lights never came on so you have a car burning crazy oil and no warning that's it happening. After the new engine was installed all these warning lights started working. Chrysler stopped making that car and installing that engine because they knew both were pieces of crap.
  • mysailboatmysailboat Member Posts: 3
    I am so glad to read this forum about the oil problem. My 05 3.5L Chrysler Pacifica have the same issue with high oil comsumption. Without the warning light put a lots of us in danger of flying the engine. I do notice the exshaust system seems to be louder and louder each day. I was alway afraid to pass another car fast on freeway because it doesn't have the power to excile. I only have the car for 6 months, 82000 miles now haven't need to go to shop to replace the engine or tranny yet. The discussion and warning from other pacifica owners are enought to make me want to get rid of this car ASAP.
    edited May 2010
    Probably a good idea to read these forums before buying a used car, not afterward. Sorry you got stuck with a used Pacifica. I wouldn't wish one on my worst enemy. The 3.5L has been rife with problems and the 4-speed transmission is a dog. The only Pacifica models worth owning are the '07 and '08 with 4.0L 6-speed combo and lucky original owners with a lifetime powertrain warranty. I wouldn’t recommend any used Pacifica ’04 through ’06 model year.
  • nopac4menopac4me Member Posts: 1
    '05 pac cpo vehicle 8/80,000 powertrain warranty. Rod bearing went at 84k. A modern day engine, short of neglect, should never go anywhere near 84k. Oil changed regularly and Chry won't do a thing! Thank God the thing went close to home, can you imagine had it of been on a trip somewhere far? This is why Chry is in the position they are. I can deal with the little gremlins that pop up in vehicles, and all cars have them, but when your engines blow (the main component) and then you don't even stand behind your customers or what you sell?!! BTW did you know there's a TSB that states the rod bearings are bad and may lead to engine failure! Now what kind of mess is that? BMW, Porsche, Audi, Chevy (corvette) just to name a few, would never dream of putting out such crap of an engine and then putting out a TSB. They would be falling over themselves to replace that motor. Those engines are their rep.