Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Midsize Sedans 2.0

Comments

• backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    Maybe it's one of those cars that will be a better bet used than new... if you can find a used one. At the rate they're selling, that'll be difficult.
  • syitalian25syitalian25 Member Posts: 303
    I bet the resale will be horrible, if you wait a few years and pick one up off-lease I bet you could get a really good deal on it.
  • bhmr59bhmr59 Member Posts: 1,601
    Just goes to show that people have different opinions. You like the front end of the Kizashi and I think it's fugly. I also don't like all that red on the center stack. Some may think it's great looking.

Neither one of us can say the other is wrong.
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,704
    edited April 2010
    I have heard nothing, I repeat nothing your best mid-size Suzuki haters have to say that would dissuade me from buying a 2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport. Can anyone think any stronger than that out there?

This whole thing was a test. Suzuki and I and the OKC Thunder have won. Hands down. The Lakers, with help from the ref's only, won Game 2. The Lakers are not the better team than the Thunder. They ought ta be ashamed of their silly selves.

No contest. Larry King and his 8 wives aside. Jerry Sloan and his countless tries at the Big Enchilada-let's just put that to one side.

Suzuki has proven that they can and will build cars for the masses that look great, last for the Long Haul, and cost less. It's value-except now they have beaten former favorite Kia with great value.

The only carmaker I respect more than Suzuki is Mitsubishi. Mitsubishi builds the world's finest powertrains and the world's sexiest car in the 2008+ Mitsubishi Lancer GTS. I and Suzuki and Mitsubishi and the OKC Thunder are one a roll that Donald Trump would love to be smart enough to be on.

2008 Mitsubshi Lancer GTS

Yummy!

2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick

• m6userm6user Member Posts: 3,181
    I appreciate your enthusiasm but you should really talk to somebody besides us on this forum.
  • jeffyscottjeffyscott Member Posts: 3,855
    I'm with you. I have no desire to go away from FWD.

I don't want snow tires. I don't want to deal with the hassle and expense. In addition, putting snow tires on for 4 or 5 months means driving with tires that perform worse than all-seasons, in the conditions that actually exist, during most of the time that they are on the car. This is because I would estimate maybe 5% of my driving in winter is on roads that are actually snow covered.

All-seasons with FWD is good enough for my winter driving. I would not want the trade-off of snow tires for 4-5 months, in order to have RWD.
  • midas69midas69 Member Posts: 118
    edited April 2010
    I have heard nothing, I repeat nothing your best mid-size Suzuki haters have to say that would dissuade me from buying a 2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport. Can anyone think any stronger than that out there?

Nobody is trying to talk you out of buying a Suzuki. You, on the other hand, seem to be trying to convince everyone else. Sorry to say, I don't think you're doing a good job. As long as you're happy with your choice, we're all happy for you. We think you're wrong, but we're happy for you.
  • kdshapirokdshapiro Member Posts: 5,751
    Off-topic, I know, but that was well said and was exactly my point. I lived near Buffalo for a time and had a RWD with snows. Because I survived and didn't get into any car crashes doesn't mean I want to do it again.
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,704
    edited April 2010
    talking to rocks.

Horse walks in to a bar. Bartender says...hey, why the long face?

Horse says, "Everyone's telling me I have ta buy a Hyundai Sonata. They tell me it has everything I'd ever want in a midsize car."

Bartender replies "Hey, have you heard of shooting guard Kevin Durant of the Thunder? He led the NBA in points per game in the NBA regular season at 30.3."

Horse replies "They tell me Suzuki and their midsize Kizashi is full of poop. Sort of how I get from time ta time, dont'cha know."

Bartender tells the horse, "Don't you worry your silly long face. Before long, everyone will know that something great is coming."

Horse replies, "But they're so dumb. It's a lot like telling them that soon the people in high places will fall. The leaders of the armies, churches and world governments will shreik in terror. They never believe me. They will knock, but the door will be closed. It will be too late."

Bartender thinks about what the horse just said. "Humm...you're a heavy horse. Perhaps you'd better hop in to your 2011 Suzuki Kizashi and get out of here. We don't like you or your kind around here. Scram!"

Horse turns around, walks out and hops in to his 2011 Suzuki Sport. Pushbutton start, safety tried and tested through the year 2014, foglights, sunroof, 425-watt Rockford Fosgate stereo, 10-way adjustable driver's seat with memory presets, rear HVAC controls, leather wrapped steering wheels with Sport perforations, leather-wrapped gearknob and emergency brake, leather seats, 6-speed manual transmission, new chrome accents around the foglights up front, chrome colored side moulding, by far the finest looking midsize sedan available. All for only $22,799. Available in Aug. of 2010 as a 2011 Suzuki Sport GTS.

Vroom! Horse fires her up, pops in The Cars 'Candy-O' CD, turns up the volume and puts the car in reverse. Out he goes from his stall.

Hi-o, hi-o silver, hi-o, hi-o silver, hi-o, hi-o silver away, yeah! Life is good. Much better since Suzuki decided to add midsize cars to it's stable. Suzuki is growing rich from all the small cars they sell in Japan. They lead the Asian kei-class market and are growing ever-so-rich from their sales in India as well.

Hi-ho silver!

2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS in Vivid Red

Wow-since you're all wondering what my latest fave color for the car is, I am heading right back ta red for this pup. Two new cars back would be our 2001 Kia Sportage 4X4, which was a color Kia called Pepper Red. One new car back is our latest car, our 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS, which is in a shade Mitsubishi lovingly calls Rally Red.

With these new chrome accents and the chrome side moulding, I have officially switched my top running color choice to a shade Suzuki Motors lovingly calls Vivid Red. Look at that thing. Beautiful, huh?

And that big chrome 'S' in the front looks simply mah-vel-ous as well. Seriously, folks. Look over to your right to that white VW Passat. Look at how the 2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS in Vivid Red blows it away cleanly and nicely. Sweet spot.

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick

• akirbyakirby Member Posts: 8,062
  • acdiiacdii Member Posts: 753
    No thanks, I'll take my Fusion Sport, and wave to you in my rearview mirror as you watch my taillights fade into the distance.

As for the FWD/RWD in snow, I prefer RWD. It is no fun when your front tires pull you towards the shoulder when trying to get going in snow. At least with the RWD, throw a few sand bags in and I can go anywhere I want and have total control over where I steer. I totally hate the fact that when the front wheels, you know, the ones that control the direction your car goes, start to slip and slide when power is applied and you lose not only traction, but steering, not fun. Of course, been driving RWD for 25+ years in snow, so I do know how to handle it quite well, with regular all seasons, not snow tires. For me its AWD/4WD/RWD---->FWD. In fact I traded in my perfectly fine Hyundai Veracruz, a car we all liked to drive and ride in, because it was FWD, and has a nasty habit of swinging its [non-permissible content removed] out in snow, something that is very hard to control in a FWD car, and got a AWD Flex.
  • stephen987stephen987 Member Posts: 1,994
    This whole thing was a test. Suzuki and I and the OKC Thunder have won. Hands down. The Lakers, with help from the ref's only, won Game 2. The Lakers are not the better team than the Thunder. They ought ta be ashamed of their silly selves.

No contest. Larry King and his 8 wives aside. Jerry Sloan and his countless tries at the Big Enchilada-let's just put that to one side.

Dude, WTF are you talking about? And in what language does any of the above actually make logical sense?
    iluv, why don't you take a break off from the long, repetitive dissertations on the Kizashi for a bit and actually read what others are saying in reply? Then you'll see that no one is telling you that you "have to buy a Sonata." You buy whatever you like. (And the sooner you buy that Kizashi, the better for all of us. :sick: ) But don't call us "Suzuki haters" and blast those people who don't happen to agree with you on choice of cars. You asked for our opinion, and we've given it to you. If you don't want to hear someone else's opinion, and you aren't willing to accept that that opinion may be different from your own, don't ask for it. Sheesh.

I for one would love to see you buy a Kizashi so we can hear all about your ownership experience with it--for the short time you own it, before you take a beating on resale value and turn it in for the next new car that strikes your fancy. For which I am putting my money on the 2011 Optima. :)
    edited April 2010
    Anyone who actually wants to know about the Kizashi ownership experience would do well to head over to Edmunds' own Long Term Test Blog and read the relevant posts at Long-Term Kizashi. As for the mindless fanboy spam (regardless of which brand you shill for), please take it somewhere else.
  • mickeyrommickeyrom Member Posts: 936
    Huh :confuse:
  • temj12temj12 Member Posts: 450
    edited April 2010
    How long are you going to go on about the Kizashi? You like it--fine. Move on!
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    Hm... I vote for ME!

Really, that's enough. This is a discussion, not a monologue. Enthusiasm for the Kazashi has been duly noted and entered into the record. Posting photos and unsolicited personal reviews yet another time isn't going to sway people to a particular opinion.

There's a discussion about this vehicle already, and unless it just comes up in the course of conversation here, or in comparison talk, please take the "I'm a fan and you should be too" talk to the vehicle-specific discussion. Thanks!

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

edited April 2010
    As others have stated, we have already given you our opinion of the Kizashi, and until they add another 100 HP, lower the price by $3-4K for the fact that it's an unproven Suzuki with terrible resale alone, and change that horrible plastic grill with the giant "S" I will not be all that impressed. They have made a great Jetta competitor - not a particularly remarkable car either. Personally I wouldn't buy a Suzuki any faster than I'd buy a Chrysler or a Saturn, and at least those used to be made my GM. And if Suzuki really, miraculously has produced the wonderful car you claim they have,I do not think they have the dealer network or brand image to become a major player in the US.

And I checked out your profile and noticed that you claim to absolutely love the 1999 Kia Sephia... my ex girlfriend used to have one of those, and I have never seen a bigger pos car. No power, no torque, the manual tranny was terrible, no power anything (not even power steering), unremarkable fuel economy, crap stereo that I can't even remember if it had a CD player or not, and it looked like the bland economy car that it was. This is not a personal attack on you, but I question the judgment of anyone who loved that car enough to make it their screen name. I think if you owned anything nicer than a '99 Kia Sephia and a 2008 Lancer GTS you would be more critical of economy cars which try to market themselves as performance vehicles. Go drive a Mazda6 V6 or Fusion Sport V6 and then take out the Kizashi and tell us which one has better "performance".
    We don't like people who call other people dorks just because they prefer a different vehicle.

I think somebody needs a time out. :sick:
  • shabadoo25shabadoo25 Member Posts: 232
    You're officially an Internet troll at this point.

"Fly away, little Starling, fly, fly..."
    If you have no larger goals than making others angry, then you are truly pitiful. Perhaps you could find a more constructive hobby, like volunteering for Habitat for Humanity or a local adult-literacy program. Oh, wait, nevermind.
  • ergsumergsum Member Posts: 146
    edited April 2010
    My wife is a pharmacist; maybe I will ask her to recommend an effective drug regiment for treating “Kizashi Fever”. Symptoms include an outbreak of photo postings and a rash of peculiar comments. ;)
  • plektoplekto Member Posts: 3,738
    For me it was their website. The first thing I see is "luxury" and their comparing it to Mercedes and BMW directly. Well, sorry, it's just NOT in that league.

Now, if they were pimping it as a better alternative to a Civic or Corolla, well, they probably would have a point.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    Nothing to see here... keep to the right, and let's move along. :)

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• carstrykecarstryke Member Posts: 168
    Ha speaking of not reading what people are saying, you would realize that he has seen the Optima and still prefers his Kizashi and why the heck are you lecturing him on resale value when your driving a 04 Elantra.
  • tlongtlong Member Posts: 5,194
    Iluv,

Honestly, that Suzuki is not all that attractive in my view. And I would not buy a midsized car from a very scarce automaker (in this country) unless there were substantial and overwhelming reasons why that vehicle was so superior to the competition that it made up for the disadvantages such as few dealers, harder to get parts, no independent mechanics want to work on it vs. similar competition, and poor resale value.

The fact that Suzuki and Mitsubishi have been selling cars in this country for over a decade yet have not made any significant inroads in market share says to me that they are not compelling to most people, and that buying one is a risk (at least from a support and resale perspective).

And it looking like a Jetta - well the current Jetta IMHO looks too much like an older Corolla - VW really screwed up their redesigns on the Jetta and Passat.
    Yes, I am driving a 2004 Elantra (mid-sized interior room, dontcha know) that has lost only $6000 in value in six years, looking at current private party resale value. I don't think that is bad at all.

Why do you care about the resale value of Elantras? Are you in the market for one?
    edited April 2010
    yeah but 2004 Hyundai's were cheap when you got them and cheap when you sold them (I got my 2004 Sonata GLS for $16,750!! haha) so even though I sold it with 150,000 miles for only $1500 and a broken A/C compressor, I still lost the same 15K I would have on an Accord.

But this Kizashi should take a cue from the 2008 Lancer GTS (the top trim) and start at $17.5K - not charge $27K+ for a top trim Suzuki. I just don't think it's worth that much. If it was $21K loaded and like $16K to start, it would be very competitive. You don't see any $27,000 Jetta's, do you?? Not even the Wolfsburg edition with the 200 HP turbo costs close to that.
    edited April 2010
    pretty much sums up Hyundai buy em for 17k and sell them for 1k ...:P well maybe not that bad...but my parents 02 camry with 280,000km's got into a accident that costed a few thousand dollars worth of damage yet the insurance company did not write it off. Wish i could be more specific with the numbers but i don't remember them :/
    Just saying you are bugging ILUV on resale value, when your driving a vehicle with a horrible resale value
  • jimbresjimbres Member Posts: 2,025
    If you're financially smart, you won't worry about resale value. Instead, you'll drive your car into the ground. Then you'll clean out the glove compartment & walk away from it.

It's been my experience that people who worry most about resale value are frequent traders: the gotta-have-a-new-ride-every-couple-of-years crowd. More often than not, these people end up struggling to make the minimum payments on their maxed-out credit cards because they're spending too much on cars. Too bad they're not bright enough to make the connection.

Viewed from 30,000 feet, a car is nothing more appliance, albeit more interesting & seductive than, say, a washing machine. Do you worry about your washing machine's resale value? I didn't think so. So why are you hung up on your car's resale value?
    Well yeah, back in 2004 and earlier especially, the resale was definitely weak on new Hyundais. It is come a long, long way since that. According to the Automotive Leasing Guide the new Sonata is projected at 54% resale after 3 years/36k miles, only behind the Accord (55%) and tied with the Altima.
    edited April 2010
    Well some people make a good living and don't want to be driving a 7 or 8 year old car with 150000 miles on it. Break-downs and repairs are a hassle (especially if they cause you to miss work), styling becomes outdated, paint dulls, interior parts start to go and are not worth repairing, etc. So if you can buy a new car for $23K and sell it in 5 years (when Hyundai's warranty ends for me, conveniently) if you still get $8.5K back then the car cost $2900 per year with virtually no repairs and only minor maintenance.

If you kept it for an extra 3 years and it sold at that time for $5K, that is only a difference of $650 a year over the 8-year life of the car, $900 a year if you kept it for 10 full years and got $3K back (that is being generous on the resale) - except you deal with no breakdowns, no unexpected repair bills, and you are driving a new or fairly new car with all the latest and greatest features, better mpg, better style, etc. Gas savings alone of a model which is a half-decade newer could make up a large chunk of that difference. A small price to pay if you can afford it IMO.
    You make some good points, syitalian. In my case, though, an 8-year-old car will have no more than 80K miles on the clock, at which point it still has many good miles ahead of it. (Under no conditions would I keep a car much past 125K miles, no matter what its age.)

Long story short, I keep a car until I've saved the full cash price of the next one. I simply refuse to put up with car payments. That's why I don't care a flying fig newton about resale value.
    edited April 2010
    Well of course, trading in a 3 year old car with 30K miles in a bad financial decision. If the car still has relatively low miles it is probably worth it to keep it a few more years, but personally I put 40,000 miles a year on my car so this is not even close to an option. I am already going to take a pretty decent hit when I sell it at 3 years, thank God my company basically makes my payments for me or I'd really be taking a financial hit. But since I am able to save in the mean time, I will be upgrading. Look for pics of my 2014 Sonata Turbo SE (unless some new model really impresses me between now and then).
  • avucarguyavucarguy Member Posts: 56
    Maybe this guy is a Suzuki salesman. The Kizashi is a nice looking car, but Suzuki's I have driven in the past were noisy(SX4,forenza). For some, the Kizashi may fit the bill, but for the same amount of money, I rather have a larger car like Accord/Camry/Sonata/Mazda6 ect.
    Your're right about the Sephia, I nurse I work with used to own a 99 Sephia when she was still a student nurse. She hated the Sephia, it was very unreliable. When she became a nurse, she traded the Sephia in for a new 2005 Acura TL and loved it.
  • jeffyscottjeffyscott Member Posts: 3,855
    So if you can buy a new car for $23K and sell it in 5 years (when Hyundai's warranty ends for me, conveniently) if you still get $8.5K back then the car cost $2900 per year with virtually no repairs and only minor maintenance.

I put 40,000 miles a year on my car

I'm confused, if you put 40K mi per year on, then you will have 200K mi after 5 years. That'd be 100K mi beyond any warranty.

You are not really expecting to get $8500 for a 5 year old car with 200K mi on it are you?
    Of course not, the example was for someone driving a normal amount of miles (18500 a year), I will be happy if I get $8500 for it when it's 3 years old with 120000 miles.
    Please explain how my 2004 Elantra GT has "horrible resale value". IMO 55% retained value based on KBB private party resale value after 6 years is quite good. Also maybe you can explain why you think the Kizashi will not suffer the same fate of other Suzukis and have poor resale value.

Or maybe we can move on?
  • avucarguyavucarguy Member Posts: 56
    It's been my experience that people who worry most about resale value are frequent traders: the gotta-have-a-new-ride-every-couple-of-years crowd. More often than not, these people end up struggling to make the minimum payments on their maxed-out credit cards because they're spending too much on cars. Too bad they're not bright enough to make the connection.
    You are stereotyping. Some of us can afford a new car every 3-5 years easily. I do happen to get tired of driving the same car in 3 - 4 years. Resale value is important if you are to trade the car in or sell it yourself in 3 - 5 years.
  • bhmr59bhmr59 Member Posts: 1,601
    If you get tired of a car in 3 to 5 years, maybe you didn't buy the right car in the first place.

Look at all the people who have bought luxury brands over the years and kept the car for 10, 15 or even 20 years.

I drove my Volvo 1800E for 12 years before it started to need too much work including rust. Wish I still had that car.
    You are stereotyping.

And you're absolutely right. Remember that human beings use stereotypes because they're accurate 80% of the time. (Folks, I am NOT talking about racial/ethnic stereotypes, which are almost always wrong.)

So good for you if you're one of the 20% who can trade frequently without cratering your balance sheet, but I'll stick to my original assertion that frequent trades are bad for most people's financial health.
    If you get tired of a car in 3 to 5 years, maybe you didn't buy the right car in the first place.

Very well put. Couldn't agree more.
    I guess I am in that 20% bracket. :shades: I have purchased 5 new vehicles since 2007, and haven't lost money, or rolled payments over on any of them, in fact my last two purchases have reduced my monthly payments. I started with a Prius, fine car for what it is, but we didn't like it, and quickly outgrew it. There were certain safety issues we had with the car that my wife refused to drive it. We traded it for a Hyundai Veracruz, which was more practical for us with having 3 kids, and not wanting a minivan. We kept that for 2 years, and only got rid of it recently after driving it in a snow storm and having an unpleasant experience with it being FWD. Had it been AWD, we would still own it. The trade on the Prius paid off the balance we owed on the loan, plus equity we had in it paid off the difference between what we owed and what was worth on a 2001 Crown Vic that we also traded, so the the amount financed on the Veracruz, was just for the Veracruz, no rolling over any loans. When we traded in the Veracruz, we got more than we owed on it, the resale value on the Veracruz was surprisingly very high(and it's a Hyundai!), and I got a very sweet deal on a 2010 Flex Ecoboost. After we had the Veracruz for a while and not having a second car, we found, not having two cars was a handicap where we live, so I found a sweet deal on a Camry Hybrid, and snapped it up, and after 16 months of ownership, we found too many things wrong with it, and a deal for a Fusion Sport came across my plate, and again, I got what was owed on the Camry, and got the Sport, at 0% financing. Between the Flex and the Sport my monthly payments dropped over $150.

The funny thing is, the car that I have been looking for since 2006 happens to be the 2010 Fusion Sport, there was no car on the market like it until late last year, and I really like the Ford. We both really liked the Hyundai, but we could not find an AWD version of it for a price we were willing to pay, and on a whim, test drove the Flex and we both really liked it, and once we test drove the Ecoboost, I really fell in love with it, it is the perfect family car for us, so chances of us trading out either of these cars in the next few years is very slim. All in all I actually have made money trading in the Prius and Veracruz, I had an extended warranty on the Prius that I got $1400 back on, when I only paid $800 for it, (a whole other story there), and the Veracruz was overpaid on the payoff so I got an additional $550 back on it.

Unless Ford makes a Fusion Sport with a rally suspension and Ecoboost, I don't see me getting rid of the Sport for quite some time, it is too much fun to drive, and so is the Flex. When you put 500 miles a week on, and spend at least 2+ hours a day behind the wheel, you want a car that is comfortable, and fun, not boring and anemic like the Toyota's were. :lemon:
    Well if your car has a decent amount of miles on it, there always comes a time when it would be much nicer to have a new one. You could even trade it in for the same model, only new (that's what I did with the Sonata) and it has been nothing but a serious upgrade. If the resale on the original Sonata hadn't been so terrible my payments would have went up only slightly for a much better overall car. I wouldn't wear a 10 year old pair of sneakers, no matter how awesome they were at the time, and I'm not driving a 10 year old car either.
  • temj12temj12 Member Posts: 450
    What do you like about the Fusion Sport? I recently purchased a 2008 Ford Fusion SEL with the V6. I had been driving a 2005 Honda Accord. We bought it as an extra car. I love the car and the way it drives. The service record for this vehicle is really good. I am considering buying a 2010 Fusion Sport. The salesman says that the 3.5 liter V6 is really quick. Have you driven the 3 liter V6 for a comparison?
    The sport is significantly quicker according to testers (should be - has about 40 more hp) plus improvements in almost every other area for all the 2010 models. You won't be disappointed.
  • thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    I think it's a 23 hp difference (240 to 263) if I recall correctly.

The Sport should run solidly in the mid 6s; the heavier '08-'09 Taurus with the same powertrain, assuming FWD, could make it in just under 7 seconds. Plenty potent.
    Reading your post made me dizzy. We - my wife & I - have purchased a grand total of 6 cars in the last 25 years. We currently have the last 3 in our household fleet.
    I like the way it rides, handles and performs. I test drove all models of Fusion, the Sport handles the best and is pretty damn quick for a 4 door family sedan of it's price range. There is only 1 gripe I have with it, the seat bottom could be a bit longer, my left leg tends to cramp up due to where the stitching presses against the tendon behind my knee, but only the Sport seat is set this way, the others the stitching is a bit further forward. I may in the future just have the bottom reupholstered to be more comfortable, but it is not anything that would make me not want the car. Had this car been around back in 2007 when I first bought the Prius, I would have purchased it then and would have about 90K or more miles on it by now. I got it late September last year and have just under 15k on it already. I do have an issue with a warped brake rotor, but I will have it serviced when I go in for the 15K mile maintenance. I probably warped it stopping from 115 MPH :shades:

As for the number of cars I have owned since the early 80's, too many to count! LOL I have owned Vega's, GM's, Chryslers, Mazda's, Isuzu's, Toyota's, Fords, Honda's, but never a Nissan. The best car I ever owned had to have been the 1992 Crown Vic with performance package. It was a sweet ride, too bad it started to rust. :sick: What I like about the Fusion Sport is it reminds me so much of that car, just in a smaller package, and it handles better only because it is smaller and lighter than the Vic, but that car had a very nice ride, lots of power, and handled real well for a car of it's size.

If the Fusion Sport doesn't make someone happy to drive it, then they are in the wrong car, or just need another 10K to spend on one that will.