Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

GMC Yukon, Yukon XL Transmission Problems

Comments

• 02yukon202yukon2 Member Posts: 1
    I got a 2002 yukon slt with a 4L60E tranny that had to be replaced around 85k miles. Im the 2nd owner and purchased when it had 67k miles. Previous owner stated they never used 4WD. Prior to tranny being replaced all functions of 4wd worked. But, when I used the 4wd (both 4high and 4low) the "service 4WD" light came on. After $4000 replacement of tranny, the tranny shop says the shift indicator switch was broken, but could still function..so I decided to wait to replace $120 part if all was missing was the illumination of "neutral" on dash panel to a later time. They informed me the 4WD was functioning correctly. Ever since that tranny replacement I have not been able to engage into 4Low. At times the "4WD" service light appears, when I engage 4H. Does anyone now how or if the shift indicator could be what is causing the 4L not to engage? I'm thinking my 4L is not engaging because the computer does not know its in neutral and not engaing the transfer case..help out with any suggestions.... :confuse: thanks for reading my post
  • mike993mike993 Member Posts: 1
    I too am having the same issues. Unfortunately, I am currently 1000 miles from my home town on a family vacation. My wife and four children(14,11,4,&3) stopped for lunch in a small town called FairPlay, CO.

We loaded back up started back out on the road and lost of transmission function in forward and reverse. Turned our 2005 Yukon SLE off and waited for a few minutes and transmission started working again. We never had any signs of transmission problems and had our vehicle checked out before leaving home.

We are now in a hotel trying to come up with a plan to get us back home safety. It appears this vacation is shot and will end up dropping our vacation cash just to get home.

If we rent a van wand a car hauler it will cost us over $1,000 just to make it back to East Texas. My only other option, is leave my wife and kids behind at our planned vacation location which is another 200 miles away and fly back home to get my truck to drag this Yukon back home on a hauler.

I had a 1999 GMC 4X4 extended cab that had a similar problem, however it would at least run in low and reversed worked. Either way, I am in a pinch with no way out unless I open up my bank account. Good Luck to you and hope things work out. Tomorrow is another day in almost paradise for us.
  • mrjohnbmrjohnb Member Posts: 9
    That is horrible. for what it's worth I made it 20 miles home then the tranny comlpete stopped working. Transmission guy said he had never heard of the trun off the truck and back on and working. I needed a complete rebuild $2650.00. I am convinced the 4l60-e tranny is decent put the OEM internals they use suck. The 4l60-e is the same transmission I have in my s-10.

So anyone reading this thread. when you get this thing rebuild I would stonly advise against the oem parts as it apparant they suck. I told my trans guy I would be towing and I wanted it to be bullet proof. he put in a hardened sunshell. a 5 gear planetary ( vs 4 gear stock) upgraded spauges. better clutch pack and a shift kit. Also if you are towning I recommend looking at an upgraded tranny cooler. that is my next upgrade.

I am doing everything I can moving forward from having the trans explode 1000 mi with on vacation. As I bought this vehicle to vacation with.

Sorry to hear about your problem bro. I hope you and your family make it home alright.

john
  • sonny27sonny27 Member Posts: 3
    I have a 2003 denali and i have had nothing but electrical issues all along . The radio gets very hot , all the gages turn off and on when they want , the driver seat warmer doesnt work any longer ,and the over head interior light doesnt work . Those are only the electrical problems. My dash board looks disgusting because all of the radio and heat knobs have all peeled . I am very disappointed with the quality of this vehicle . I had a 1993 suburban and had no issues at all .almost wish i didnt trade it in .
  • 58fuelly58fuelly Member Posts: 2
    Folks,

Installed a new GM trans and Engine into my 2002 XL Denali over the weekend and when hooking everything back up was confused about the vent line routing. There are 2 long vent tubes that go on the back of the transmission and it looks like one just ends to the open air. Is this correct or is there a place this is supposed to hook in and I am missing it?
    There is a barbed vent connector on top of the Transfer case (hooked the shorter of the 2 vent tubes which showed signs of a bulge in it from having a barbed connector in it previously), but the second, longer tube looks like it is held by a clamp over top of the rear output seal on the transfer case and just vents to the open air. On the front of the vent lines, there is a bracket that attaches to the back of the engine block. Seems strange to me that these would be high up and have plugs/diffusors in them yet have an open end on a lower plane at the back of the trans/transfer case.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Ken
  • 58fuelly58fuelly Member Posts: 2
    Just for clarification, there is a 3rd 1/4" vent line that goes on top of the transmission that is part of this grouping of vent lines and this has been connected. The 2 tubes I am talking about are about 3/4" od and run from the back of the block by the intake manifold and run down the back of the trans/transfer case, but I only see the one barbed vent connector on top of the transfer case.

Thanks again in advance,

Ken
  • wlauriewlaurie Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2011
    Driving at speed and the transmission suddenly started slipping while in OD - engine RPMs started racing, pulled to the side and dropped speed. 1st and 2nd gear are fine, but the tranny won't shift into 3rd. Pulled off at the next exit, found a quick lube station, the tranny fluid (which had about 25 K miles on it) was scorched. Had the fluid replaced, no improvement. The truck has been babied since new and now has 140 K miles. Any advice? I'm 150 miles from home and weighing my options, which don't seem too good.

Thanks.
  • 05yukon05yukon Member Posts: 9
    From ur description sounds like ur 3,4th clutches r wasted. I too had this same thing happen to me. It was $2300 to rebuild. I also babied my Yukon from the time I bought it. New. Mine went out at 100k.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    Wlaurie,

Glad you’re safe! This post is a few days behind your original post – have you found a solution? Can we assist? If Customer Assistance can help you work with your dealer towards resolving this, please email Christina with your name, contact information, VIN, and dealer name.

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • wlauriewlaurie Member Posts: 2
    Upate:
    Took the truck to an independent mechanic who specializes in transmissions and performance shop work. Upon disassembly, he found the 3 / 4 drum was burnt up. According to him, everything else in the tranny looked "pristine" - no dirt, sludge, or signs of wear or abuse. The clutch drum just wore out. He also told me that he sees this a lot with these transmissions. He replaced the drum, put in a performance 3 / 4 band (to increase surface area when the band engages the drum), replaced all the springs, bearings, bushings, seals, and the torque convertor. He also drilled out the valve bodies for 1st and 2nd to give the tranny a little quicker response out of the hole. The truck is as good as - if not better than - new. Total repairs were 2 grand.
  • geovesegeovese Member Posts: 2
    I was driving home today and heard a loud noise like I had been hit and all of a sudden my truck slowed down. I pulled over and looked at the vehicle and saw no damage. When I got back in the car I tried to put the truck in drive and it didn't move. I put the truck into 2nd gear and was able to make it home. The truck will drive in gears 1 and 2 and will reverse. It will not move in Neutral, D (Drive) or 3rd gear. Does anyone have a clue on what's going on? Is it extremely expensive?
    Sounds like the 3-4 clutches. Your looking at a rebuild. what trans do u have? **L65 or **L60? if you have the 60 u might want to do some upgrades on that model.
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Member Posts: 1,964
    I'm sorry to hear about this situation - if we can assist in working with a dealership towards getting this concern diagnosed, please email us with more information (including your name/user name, contact information, last 8 digits of your VIN, and your involved dealership).

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • tjh6tjh6 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2007 yukon with 90k miles. of course warranty just ran up 2 months ago and transmision stopped working yesterday. It works in PRN21 but not in D or 3rd gear. This happend while i was accelerating after a red light. Any thoughts anyone?
    The transmission that is in the gmc's 4L60E & 4L65E have weakness in the 3-4 clutches. I am fairly confident that is your problem. You are looking at a rebuild.
    Tjh6,

I'm sorry to hear about your transmission. If you would like to pursue this with Customer Assistance, please email us with more information, including your name/username, contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN, the name of your involved dealership and how many times you've visited for the concern.

All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • mikeskii29mikeskii29 Member Posts: 1
    It seems like this is a major issue with the transmission. I have just had the second one go out. Had the first one replaced at the local GMC dealer here in Montgomery, Alabama at 600 miles "outside of the original warranty", my cost $3500. Now, Tuesday this week, November 29, 2001 at 160k, vehicle won't move. Was working just fine, parked, went to leave, no reverse, no forward gear, nothing. Local dealer wants another $3500 for a NEW one, or can go to a Local shop and have it rebuilt for $2000. Sounds like GMC needs a recall on this model. Does anyone and any suggestions of any upgrades for a rebuild, any performance parts. HELP!
  • tkrobinsontkrobinson Member Posts: 2
    I agree that the transmission and the paint on these vehicles are horrible and should be recalled.
  • rlbowers03rlbowers03 Member Posts: 2
    Sarah,
    As (one of) the latest victims of the bedeviled transmissions on the 04 Yukon :lemon: , I have been searching for a solution that will meet three criteria: 1) speedy repair, 2) inexpensive, and 3) permanent. I have been reading this forum and I have noted that you, as a representitive of GM Customer Service, acknowledged that there is a problem with this product and have confirmed a willingness for GM to fix the problem. But as was stated in a previous post, the $3500 repair job was not cheap, and now that the problem is back, it is NOT permanent. So, please let us, the sorry customers :mad: , know what GM is doing to help fix this problem.
    Customer Service Representatives, like me, are able to set up customer assistance cases which are evaluated on an individual basis. As far as a more comprehensive solution, these customer assistance cases add to the database that GM uses to make larger decisions. Essentially, we are a starting place. While I cannot guarantee how a case will be resolved, I can say that we do investigate many things in our decision making, including previous service work.

I hope this helps to clarify what I can do as a part of Customer Service. I understand that the process can be frustrating, and I apologize for that.

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • rlbowers03rlbowers03 Member Posts: 2
    Sarah,

I appreciate your response as well as your dedication. While I may be a bit cynical, I do believe in the addage "You get what you pay for." The sticker price for this Yukon was on the far side of $40,000! It has had numerous inconvenient problems and is now sitting idle with a bad transmission :lemon: .
    Staring down a $3K+ repair bill (not to mention a loss of confidence) makes me think "I did NOT get what I paid for." I don't see how a long history of expensive repairs changes anything. The transmission fails once or it fails three times, it still failed. Nobody is going to say "Boy, those GMC's have a bullet proof tranny!"
    My plan is to have it fixed and then sell it. :(

Ron in Idaho
  • jmoodycajmoodyca Member Posts: 1
    I am the original owner of a 2003 Yukon XL which has less than 60k original miles. I have meticulously maintain the vehicle using only Mobil 1 oil and dealer original equipment. The transmission recently stopped working in 4th gear. I can manually shift from 1, 2, 3, into 4, but the truck will not start off when placed in either 3rd or 4th gear. Anyone know what could be the problem? I have always been a GM guy, but I am extremely disappointed to experience transmission problems with less than 60k miles. Does GM stand behind their products anymore?
    Is ur 2003 Yukon 4WD?
  • the11the11 Member Posts: 1
    Well I guess its time for me to officially join the discussion at 92k miles. My transmission is running hot and having problems with 3/4. I thought I was covered with the power train warranty, but the local dealer just told me I was 19 days too late. I am anxiously waiting to hear back from GM Customer Service. Not happy at all if I have to drop $3,000.
  • mayottemayotte Member Posts: 2
    We have the same slippage problem as posted numerous times on this site and several others I’ve found. I drive my car everyday back and forth to work and I’m so used to the problem now that it's become just a part of how you drive it. We've had the transmission rebuilt and it didn't make any difference. The mechanic actually said he couldn't fix it. What do you do after that? The car slips when I slow down or come to a stop. It started happening when it was cold outside so i thought it had something to do with condensation - but nope not that. I love my Yukon XL and like everyone else, it wasn't cheap and we are still paying for it. I wanted to be pissed and I want to stomp my feet at GMC but I honestly, even after this disaster, i wouldn't by another brand. YES - I'm an idiot. . . . but i like this SUV. I didn't get into a bunch of details because it is the same problem as posted over and over again. We have tried the same things and we have exhausted our check book. I've emailed the CSR person who has posted on this site. I'll update my post with their response. Hopefully, i can add something positive. Again, I’m and idiot . . . . but wish me luck!!! and prayers go out to everyone else that your travels are safe!!!
    I see you are already working with us, and am unsure as to whether or not you are working with Christina, my co-worker who helps with emails. Do you have a Service Request number? We can keep an eye on its progress, if you like. Please send us an email and we can get you an update on the progress.

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • mayottemayotte Member Posts: 2
    I haven't noticed any followup on replies. I've recevied an email from Christina (Thanks Christina!) but no one has reposted their resolutions. I'm curious to know what the final outcomes have been.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    mayotte,
    No problem! Any updates are appreciated! :)
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • marctellevikmarctellevik Member Posts: 2
    I have a 1999 Yukon Denali that has just been through it's second rebuild in a year. It had problems right after the second rebuild and I brought it back to the shop, they repaired the problem. The transmission has worked fine for about 1 1/2 weeks but now when traveling at highway speeds the lockup seems to start slipping when going up even the slightest hill. once going downhill or level it seems to lock up again. If I step the throttle down or put the selector in 3rd it seems fine (but with the rpm at 3000 instead of 2000. The "Check Engine" light also came on about the same time.
  • marctellevikmarctellevik Member Posts: 2
    Update: Went to the auto store and hooked up a code reader. Listed "Transmission Component Slipping" Drove back to work (Not far) and light did not come on. Trip home will be the big test.
  • pglass1pglass1 Member Posts: 1
    I just replaced my 4l60e transmission with a heavy duty rebuild. It shifts fine from 1st to 2nd but the engine races when it tries to shift to 3rd. I just installed it yesterday, so i'm thinking its something electrical. What is the function of the module that bolts on to the outside of the transmission on the shift lever just before the shift cable? The shift lever goes through it and it has 2 or 3 electrical connections. Please give your thoughts.
  • hollywoodmdhollywoodmd Member Posts: 1
    I had my maintenance done on my truck and never pulled anything with it. I only have 102k on the transmission and now I've lost 3rd-4th gear. Is this a common defect on this unit? I had my cluster replaced two years ago through a recall? Should I have this rebuilt or replace it?
    If you would like for us to check to see if there are any recalls on your vehicle, please feel free to email us the last 8 digits of your VIN.
    Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • mrjohnbmrjohnb Member Posts: 9
    edited January 2012
    I posted on here a couple of months ago as I was experianceing slipping. would turn off the truck for 2 mins turn back on and it would work again. this lasted about a week then it slipped to bad. I barely made it to the shop. well the tranny was done.

GM customer service contacted me thru here. but it looks like they are just trying to cover up a known faulty product. yes you can bring it to out facility they said. but if we find no issues you will have to pay ~$800for the tear down. Well of course GM is not going to find no issues with the OEM parts they put in the 46le for the Yukon / XL . Because they suck!!!! and last as just long as they were meant to, that is why you see people complaing of 3 and 4 transmission rebuilds.

So here is my advice if anyone wants it. And I am by no means an expert. but I did do a lot of research before shelling out $2600 because for me that is painfully an awefull lot of money.

Anyway the 46le actually IS a good transmission design. it is found in a lot of different product lines from the S-10 and blazer ( which I own and on 80,000 miles with no issues ( knock on wood)) to the corvette!!!!. and I guarantee the corvette can hammer on the transmission pretty hard.

The problem lies in the components used for the yukon line ( corvette transmission use diffrent internals!!!). Plain and simple. the OEM internal componets used for yukon's suck and are under engineered and obviously judging by this forum to not last very long.

So when I when to my tranny guy. I definately did not pick the cheapest guy. I sat down and told him what my expectations were from a tranny and what I wanted to do. in my case pull a 20 foot boat thru the mountains.

so he DID NOT use oem parts on the rebuild. he put in a hardend sun shell. 5 gear planetary upgraded spragues, larger tranny cooler bla bla bla. all the upgraded stuff will cost a few more hundred extra dollars.

Only time will tell for me if it will last longer. but I truley think the OEM parts are a bad design for the YUKON product line

--------------------------------------------------------

oh and as a footnote I bought my truck used and had to replace the tranny at the 120k mark. however the previous owner was the original owner and he had to replace the tranny at the 60k mark.

good luck everyone
    john
  • jms2011jms2011 Member Posts: 4
    2011 AWD drivr tran or transmissions or winding up and winding down so hard that when you stop it feels like some just tapped your back bumper. It is so dangerous that you have to reapply the break. It also happens during acceleration. This feels more like a thunk feeling. GMC continues not to accept their is a problem and explains that the way they are built. This is a big cover up.
    Good morning,
    I see that you are experiencing some difficulty with your transmission. Have you already had this looked into by your dealership? I would like to see how we could be of assistance in addressing your concern.

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • badtranny2badtranny2 Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

I just wanted to put my two cents in this thread. I have 2003 yukon 4x4. transmission made whining noise last night. This morning it wont go into reverse. I purchased 2 new GM products at the dealership within the last 12 years this yukon being one of them. I like the yukon.. problem is that they are inferior products. I should not have to worry about a transmission at 149k miles. I already replaced the water pump, rear axels, unit that controls the shifting into 4 wheel drive. So disappointing. Of coarse after searching the internet "The sudden loss of reverse in a 4L60E or a T-700R4 is a common problem in respect to the actual amount of internal problems these transmission have" NICE!
  • sherrys1sherrys1 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2003 Yukon with only 83,400 miles on it and the transmission would not go into 2nd. After accelerating and letting off the gas then it would shift. After reading the posts here I knew I was in trouble. I contacted GM and they said IF I went to an authorized dealer "They might" be able to help. Again, after reading the post I decided it would be better to go to our own mechanic. Well, after testing the transmission hoping for the best that it was a sensor or leak in the line, the bad news came. After getting into the transmission it turns out the all the plastic parts had started to disintegrate! Like others have said GM cut cost by using inferior parts. I called GM today and asked if they would help pay for the new transmission. She told me only if you go to a GM dealer they MIGHT have been able to help. Why would I go and have them use the same cheap parts? I told the mechanic about this blog and he already knew about the cheap plastic parts and said he would never use OEM parts to redo a transmission. With that said...I'm thinking there should be a Class Action lawsuit agaist GM for using plastic parts in a transmission. Any takers????
  • rosie08rosie08 Member Posts: 6
    I was told the same thing if I take my Yukon to a GM dealer they might be able to help. So I had my transmission rebuilt with no help from GM. Another problem I'm having is every time I run my Yukon and park in my garage I smell gas. So now I'm going to have to take it to the garage once again. Their is no leak under my Yukon when I park it. Once again trying to cut costs by using cheap parts! Good luck to you...I'll be glad to go on board with a class action suit!!!
  • hubcappshubcapps Member Posts: 2
    Just dropped off my 2006 Yukon Denali at the mechanic with 66,000 miles. Transmission is toast. It is slipping when trying to take off, especially on a hill, and makes a squealing noise, as if 2 plates are trying to clutch together. While driving, it suddenly revs as the tranny slips.

What a shame that the transmission only lasted 66K miles. I have loved the car until now. A high end SUV like this should last longer. Should have been a red flag to see a 36K warranty. My local GMC dealer has ripped me off on previous repairs, when they mis-diagnosed a loose oil filter. So, unfortunately, can't take it to them. I'll review Consumer reports very carefully on my next purchase.
  • tomcat02tomcat02 Member Posts: 5
    Two days ago while driving several hundred miles from my home, my well cared for ‘02 Yukon succumbed to transmission failure with just 80k miles on her. While driving normally as usual, I noticed severe engine rpm increasing/transmission slippage while ascending a hill. After several stoppages were made to place the vehicle in park, then reverse, it was of no help. I eventually learned that reverse and 2nd gear were the only two gears left functioning.
    As I am a very conscientious driver and prefer to drive my vehicles quite gently in hopes of prolonging their longevity. Apparently though according to what I have learned through researching the subject, their appears to be a history of failures regarding the 4L60E transmission. Following the conversations with the albeit few repair shops that I was able to contact whilst out of town, each one of the reputable repair shops seemed to know exactly what was wrong with my Yukon tranny. They all stated that I was going to need a transmission replacement. The estimates given were in the $1,000 to $3,500. OMG! Why would this happen to a vehicle with just 80k mile on it I kept repeating…
    So, after spending hundreds of dollars to have it towed back to my hometown, I am now faced with the dilemma regarding the estimated costs to repair it. Like most working people in this country, I can’t work without a vehicle. What I have since learned about the ‘well known failure’ occurrence of this transmission from researching the TSB’s and documented cases, it has been an ongoing problem for quite some time. I desperately need the customer service reps at GMC to step up to the plate and help me out in assisting in this immediate repair.
  • hubcappshubcapps Member Posts: 2
    It's a tough situation. I spent an entire morning on the phone with GMC, and in the end, I decided I had no choice but to pay the $3K and have it replaced. My mechanic also is aware of the problems with this transmission, and said that the problem has been solved in the new replacement transmission. Our family also has one car, so we had to pay for a rental car, as well. I will never buy a GMC again both because of the defective transmission and the way they treated us over the phone. They won't admit it's a defect, just that it's out of warranty and not covered. Funny that when you call, you also get the sense that they are prepared for this exact call about this exact transmission, and have a script for an out of warranty speech.
    I know exactly what your going through. My 2004 Yukon only made it a little over 50k before my transmission failed. I to spent a lot of wasted time with GMC. At the end no help what so ever. I believe their using cheap plastic parts is the reason for the failed transmissions. I wish someone would file a class action law suit for this problem, then maybe someone from GMC will offer to help. Son sorry for what your going through now with the cost of living so high and now this unexpected expense..
  • luvmyyukon1luvmyyukon1 Member Posts: 1
    Hi there. I have had nothing but problems with every GM tranny in a V8 vehicle I have owned, specifically the 4L60E. After replacing 3 (2 re-built by local transmission place; 1 at 120,000 and the other 2 with less than 20,000 miles on the re-built), I investigated further and found MONSTER TRANSMISSION in Florida. My local Tranny repair guy quoted yet another $1600 for a "re-built" with a 6 month warranty. Monster Trans custom built me a replacement BRAND NEW with free shipping (to a business, in this case my mechanics garage;) with a 3 year unlimited miles warranty. The trans was built with Corvette servos, clutches, etc. and HEAVY DUTY internals to handle 600HP and and at least 600 LB-FT of torque!! They built it to suit my needs of mild towing and not wanting to ever deal with it again. They send a case of FULLY SYNTHETIC FLUID ($170), deep dish extra capacity pan with fins for additional cooling. There customer service is phenomenal and the installed product is UNREAL!! nice firm shifts that hit like a shotgun. they built it within a few days and had it shipped super quick! ALL FOR $1700.00!!!!!!! Plus my mechanic removed old and re-installed THE MONSTER for under $300! HOPEFULLY THIS POSTS FOR ALL TO READ PASS THE WORD MONSTER TRANSMISSION.COM!!!!!!! They also do trannys for just about everything and test everyone in an actual vehicle before they ship it! -Joel S.
  • jms2011jms2011 Member Posts: 4
    Took it car to Dealership they said that the annoying bump when you stop from the transmission and jolt you get when excelarating is something they cannot fix. It is just the way they are built. WOW. It looks as if they do not want to fix or they are avoiding a nasty recall. This car is dangerous to drive with transmission winding up and winding down. Kerplunk!!!!
    Asked them to do repurchase or a warranty extension, but I just wanted it fixed....
    Mark my words their's going to be a recall or a class action suit brought against GMC regarding the transmissions, because their using cheap parts!! GMC is getting richer and were getting poorer because were constantly putting money into this junk their producing!! Shame on you GMC!!!
  • no_more_gmno_more_gm Member Posts: 1
    My 2006 Yukon XL's transmission just went out also. It began slipping, got worse on hills, and then wouldn't go into reverse. With only 57,000 miles on it. We had swore off GM for a long time but decided to give them another try. Bad move. Nothing but bad experiences with all the GM's we have ever had. Another $2400 repair. Like others have posted, I refuse take this to the GM dealer where they will put the same inferior parts back in.
  • truckguy66truckguy66 Member Posts: 2
    All of you giving all of your information to these "customer service reps"... how do you know that these people are valid and not just stealing information from you?? Thanks.
    edited March 2012
    Good morning truckguy66,

You are wise to be cautious with sharing information over the internet. In addition to asking the moderator(s) on Edmunds about our legitimacy, the email addresses we ask forum members to send information to have either "@gm.com" or "@gmexpert.com" as domain names. If you are still hesitant with this, you can always get in touch with GMC Customer Assistance at 800-462-8782.

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • truckguy66truckguy66 Member Posts: 2
    thanks! that is comforting. I guess Im not use to a well-regulated forum..lih.