Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Santa Fe Model Choice

parteklmanparteklman Member Posts: 8
edited April 2014 in Hyundai
Why cant I find a 07 SF limited with the Ultimate Package and XM in California?(In any color let alone the color I want).

Comments

• alman08alman08 Member Posts: 282
    because you're not looking. CA is a big state with MANY hyundai dealers. one dealer i know had over 50 limited models just 15 days ago.
  • parteklmanparteklman Member Posts: 8
    Its not just about a limited. Its finding it with the correct package and XM. XM Radio is the key feature. Mind tellingme where they had 50? I have been to 8 dealers in the inland empire plus I have carsdirect.com looking. So belive me Iam looking. I even called Hyundai corprate to have them look. They said they will get back to me..... So if you know wher I can find one let me know. I'll drive to just about anywhere in california.
  • alman08alman08 Member Posts: 282
    XM is almost standard on limited models. try sacramento dealers. also one dealer in san diego has more than just a few to choose from.
  • joe97joe97 Member Posts: 2,248
    XM is almost standard on limited models

To my knowledge, XM is standard on all trims of Santa Fe.
    M is standard now yes. Some of the early 2007 models dont have XM. It looks like they decided to add it after tehy started production of the model year. tha fact remains that I still cannot after check with what is now 19 dealers in southern california a 07 SF w/ XM in Slate Blue w/ grey interior FWD and the Ultimate package (27). I also called Hyundai Corprate the other day and I'm still waiting to hear back from them.
  • slk70slk70 Member Posts: 12
    I wonder if you'd have better like trying to match the ultimate package with the AWD santa fe limited vs. the FWD. (Yes I know AWD is probably completely unnecessary in So. Cal.) -- Also maybe you'd want to just do the premium package on the FWD and then install a DVD player aftermarket. (losing out on a 4-way power passenger seat, but probably saving yourself at least $700.)

That said I found Slate Blue to be a tough color to find. I eventually went with the Steel Gray w/ gray interior, which I liked almost as much.
  • slateblueslateblue Member Posts: 110
    Have you worked with a dealer to locate the car you want?
    Slate Blue is a very popular color, it took a few days but my dealer was able to locate mine intransit to another dealer and made a trade. Show a dealer your serious and I'm sure they will find what you want :)
    I think your right on two things.
    1. it is easier to find in AWD.
    2. I really dont need or want all wheel drive living in So. Cal.
    as far as packaging goes its not so much the dvd i'm after but the Power passenger seat and the 10 speaker sound system. I think I will just sit back and wait until one shows up at one of my local dealerships. it seems like the more I look the higher the prices quoted are. hopefully my wife will be flexible on the color. I like steel grey. Its the same color as my 2006 Sonata Limited. I like my Sonata so I think I can sit back and wait for a few.

Thanks everyone for there input and help.
    I can feel the love :)
    it seems like they want me to purchase from ther stock. i.e. I had a dealer in Redlands california tell me two lies.
    1. Lie) They had the only Veracruz for 100 miles around.
    fact)Every Hyundai Dealer except one within 20 miles had one and in some cases two.
    2. Lie) They where unable to locate a 2007 Entourage in southern california with the option package that my In-laws wanted.
    Fact) We drove to Riverside Hyundai two days later and found exactly what they wanted on the show room floor.

So to wrap things up. I'm done trying to prove that I'm serious. The fact that I tell them when I walk in the door that if they can get it and we can agree on a purchase price and trade in value that I will purchase today should be enough. :mad: If they dont want to work it out... the lucky dealer that has it when I see it will get the sale. :)
  • jtajta Member Posts: 17
    I have been waiting for a Black/Black FWD Limited with Touring and Ultimate package for 10 weeks Now. My dealer found one in TX that he had transfered. Went to pick it up, only to find out it didn't have XM. Apparently Black with Black interior is also not very popular. My dealer has been very diligent in trying to find me one, but because of the way Hyundai does things, it is impossible for them to "order" exactly what you want. With Hyundai, you pretty much have to wait until they build the car you want, and then hope your dealer gets it tagged for his dealership. It's a very hit or miss system.

Very Long story short.............After contacting Hyundai consumer affairs SEVERAL times, No-one could tell me when they might build me a car. I decided to take matters into my own hands. I did a lot of research, and I managed to contact a few of the "higher ups" in production in Montgomery. Needless to say, 48 hours later, I had the VIN# of my car, before it left the plant. It has been allocated for my dealer, and they are expediting the shipment.

The squeaky wheel got greased this time, but I can tell you from experience........if they don't have what you are looking for in stock, it is very frustrating working with Hyundai. I believe they are a good company, but they just don't have the supply process streamlined yet. With the Santa Fe, we are Lucky because it's made in Montgomery AL.

If you are willing to wait, like I did.....Get your best deal, and have the dealer order (read: request) it for you. From talking with Hyundai distribution, under most cases, normal wait time will be 90 days or less. It could be only a few weeks, as long as they have what you want "in the pipe", and 90+ days if it is not.
    I hear what your saying and completely understand. I have no problem with Hyundai as a company. It's just the shifty salesmen that get my blood pressure up. Just today one of them told me that I wasn't ready to purchase because I told him is price was to high. his quote was $2000 more then what Carsdirect.com quoted me... after the rebate! :mad:

all the dealers I have talked to are very uncooperative when it comes to getting a car that is not in there network. very frustrating.

I'll just have to continue drive my sonata. :shades: Oh Darn what is a guy to do? ;)
    has any had success finding a 07 SF limited with pkg 27 and XM?
  • mpuzachmpuzach Member Posts: 635
    Yup, just bought one with AWD (exactly 4 weeks ago), fresh off the truck. Where are you located?
    Southern California. I wonder if AWD is the key. I have no need for AWD where I live.
  • lyaanalyaana Member Posts: 7
    There's a little bit of a price difference so I was wondering which is better. I hope to buy a car next week. Thanks
  • kdahlquistkdahlquist Member Posts: 130
    Um, what do you mean by "better"? The 3.3L is larger and more powerful (242 hp vs. 185 for the 2.7L), meaning a Santa Fe with the 3.3L will accelerate quicker than one with the 2.7L. The 3.3L will also give you more towing capacity. The 3.3L comes with a 5 speed automatic trans, while the 2.7 comes with a 4 speed (more gears is better). The 3.3L also has a timing chain whereas the 2.7L has a timing belt, and that can make a difference in terms of maintenance (belts need to be replaced, typically around 60-100,000 miles, whereas timing chains should last forever). The only downsides to the 3.3L are: (1) gas mileage, and (2) price. On the first point, a FWD Santa Fe with auto trans is EPA rated at 19 mpg city and 24 mpg highway. A comparable 2.7L model (FWD, auto trans) is rated at 21 mpg city and 26 highway. Thus, you can probably expect around 2 mpg better with the 2.7L.

In terms of "a little bit of price difference", the actual difference is $1,500 at MSRP. The 2.7L only comes in the GLS trim package. To get the 3.3L, you need to step up to the SE trim, which is prices at $1,500 more than an automatic transmission GLS (the SE only comes with auto trans). Of course, there are lots of other upgrades as part of the SE trim, including the aforementioned 5 speed automatic. The SE also comes standard with things like 18" alloy wheels (16" on the GLS), steering wheel audio controls, auto-dimming rear view mirror, leather shift knob and steering wheel, compass, automatic headlights, fog lights, etc., so that $1,500 price difference gets you the larger engine and whole lot more.
  • gizzer777gizzer777 Member Posts: 335
    I think "better" is relative.

I liked the 3.3L because it did NOT have a timing belt...It has 2 Timing Chains.

Also the SF "felt" better with the 3.3 for some reason (to me anyway.) The pickup with the 2.7 was ok and from what I am reading the Gas Mileage with the 3.3L is a Tad better even though it is bigger. It also has the newer valve design as well.

All in All for the few $$ difference between the GLS and SE, I bought the SE since it had the 3.3 and a few more goodies.
    Thank you all so much for your in-depth answers! I guess its the 3.3L V6 engine. Thanks again!!!
    In addition to the info already provided by kdahlquist and gizzer777, you'll want to note that in the Santa Fe only the less powerful 2.7 liter engine (GLS model) is available with a 5-speed manual transmission (in addition to the optional 4-speed automatic). Going with an SE or Limited automatically gives you the 3.3 liter and the 5-speed automatic transmission.
    Thanks!
  • goybargoybar Member Posts: 6
    Hi All,

I want to buy a Santa Fe AWD with Touring Pkg. According to the dealer there are none available in the district (18 dealers) with just a Touring Pkg. I really don't need or want to pay for the other options.

I was told that they do have on the lot a Limited AWD with an MSRP of $30,030 that he will sell to me for $26,593.

Another dealer said they had the model I wanted for $22,988 but sadly they just sold the last one. The old bait and switch.

That all being said, do you think I can get them to come down any more on the Limited model?

Thanks

Chris
  • gizzer777gizzer777 Member Posts: 335
    I own an 07 SF AWD SE with just the touring pkg...bought it feburary. When I went to my dealer for an oil chg the other day, I noticed that there were a few GLS...but Mostly LTD's. You can be sure they would rather sell you the the more expensive LTD with more pkg's...that's where they make their cash!

I also noticed that there were a lot fewer SF's on the lot this time...must be getting to receive the 08's ...maybe 2 months? BTW: those prices you got sounded pretty decent!!!
    Sounds like you've found a Limited AWD with Touring Package and 7-passenger carpeted mats. Invoice on the car is $28,217. Subtract the $1000 rebate and you're at $27,217. Assuming that the price the dealer quoted you is after the rebate, you'd be buying it for $624 under invoice. That sounds like a good deal to me but others here have reported buying for $1000 - $2000 under invoice (by taking advantage of additional rebates such as for balloon financing). I suggest looking through this thread for examples:

klik

Print out a few posts that claim $1000 - $2000 under invoice, show them to the dealer, and see what they say. If they can come down, they probably will. If they can't, IMO you can take their original offer and feel good about it.

BTW, the Limited AWD is great. Yeah, it's more $$$ than you were originally considering but the added features are well worth it. I've had mine for just over a month and couldn't be more pleased with it.
  • kdahlquistkdahlquist Member Posts: 130
    What trim package are you looking at -- GLS, SE or Limited? I just bought (1 month ago) a Limited AWD with Touring, but it was not easy to get. I found hundreds of Limiteds with the Premium package (moonroof), or Premium + Touring (moonroof and 3rd row), but I had a really hard time finding one with just Touring. I really didn't want a moonroof, because I don't use them, don't like the reduced headroom (I'm 6' tall), and didn't want to pay the $900 for one. Both dealers at first told me that a Limited with just Touring and without Premium wasn't available, and tried hard to sell me one with Premium, but I made clear that unless they found me a Limited with just the Touring package, I wasn't buying. A day after I walked out of the dealership, one of them called to say that he'd talked to the factory rep and they had one coming off the line in Alabama a few days later that was equipped like I wanted -- Limited AWD, Touring package, no moonroof, tan leather interior. I bought it sight unseen, and had to wait a couple of weeks for it to be completed and shipped up to Minnesota, but I'm really happy with it.

They're out there. Be persistent and make clear to your dealer that you are ready, willing and able to buy, but only if he can get you what you want.
  • smith1smith1 Member Posts: 283
    The one web review I've seen of the Santa Fe with manual trans stated it was a poor one, imprecise and sluggish. The reviewer said he was a hardcore manual trans guy who in this case wholeheartedly recommended the automatic.
  • bloodclawbloodclaw Member Posts: 8
    I like the 3.3L no timing belt and great power on long trips up tall hills fully loaded and A/C. went to Vegas about a 8 1/2 hour trip 1260 miles round trip ,I averaged about 26 mpg at a 75 mph clip. nice ride. A/c worked great 105' hot. great SUV. :D
  • stevemarthastevemartha Member Posts: 2
    Thanks to all in this thread for helping me to decide on the 3.3 after pretty much deciding on a GLS with premium package.

The wife also wanted POWER that she knows will be there if she really needs it. She's a great driver and won't misuse the power.

Also, if we do decide we want to tow something, this is possible!

We've had our Santa Fe for a day and it's awesome. It replaced a '99 Passport (great truck!) and an '03 MINI Cooper (fun for 4 years, ready for something else).

We've got room the garage!!! Time to go clean it.
    Did you go with an SE or a Limited? AWD? Options? Colors?
  • somedai1somedai1 Member Posts: 416
    our 3.3 limited replaced an '01 corolla! The Santa Fe has proven its worth a million times over! Just wating for the day I can have a good blizzard and battle its AWD, ESC and ABS against my '88 AMC Eagle!
  • tpfilm1tpfilm1 Member Posts: 25
    If your dealer doesn't have what you want and won't or can't get another dealer to help have them check with the factory.

Even though they have begun building the '08s (they were suppossed to start shipping '08s last week from Montgomery...) there are plenty of '07s still available. Not sure what the model breakdown is though. I do know that there are hundreds of '07 Santa Fes in storage lots in Montgomery and Selma, AL, and in Colombus, GA. If your dealer really wants the sale they will "order" what you want. Takes a bit longer, obviously, and the dealer still has inventory on the lot, but he/she does still get a sale. Also, the dealer ends-up with a more satisfied customer because you got exactly what you wanted.

Don't be afraid to stand your ground. As far as I can tell, the rebates say nothing about taking delivery from dealer stock! Remind the dealer that making you happy could lead to more sales. Making you mad can hurt them. You could also point out that if he/she helps you find what you want you will use them for service. You don't have to but if they think they can keep getting your money... (using the service dept in negotiations helped me when I bought my wife's '05 VUE - our 4th Saturn - because we had been bringing all our Saturns - and non-Saturns - to the dealer for service and they recognized us as GREAT repeat customersing . I guess buy our 4th car from them didn't hurt, either!)

POINT: have your dealer check into ordering what you want.
  • tpfilm1tpfilm1 Member Posts: 25
    "...GREAT repeat customersing..."

That should read "customers" :blush:
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    We're fluent in chat typ0 :shades: but after posting, you may edit your post for 30 minutes.
  • oregonmastifforegonmastiff Member Posts: 14
    I test drove the 2.7 and felt lik ethere was no way I would be able to accelerate out of a bad situation. I pick up my new 3.3 and baught it because I feel comfortable with the performance. Yes, stopping (ABS) is important, but sometimes you also need speed/acceleration.
  • wvhunterwvhunter Member Posts: 1
    I have 07 santa fe with 18'' wheels, Has anyone had good luck with these nitto tires I have read reviews about them and everyone said good things but they were on different vehicles has anyone installed these tires on there santa fe if not what do you reccomend ! :confuse:
  • rick2456rick2456 Member Posts: 320
    I just replaced my stock bridgestone duelers with the Kumho's (APT KL51) that were very well reviewed from tirerack.com. So far so good. 2007 SE AWD.
This discussion has been closed.