Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti G35x

2»

Comments

• slzweibelslzweibel Member Posts: 33
    I think you are pretty close. Found this link of the explanation of the Attesa AWD system - http://www.nissannews.com/infiniti/2004vehicles/g35/awdtech.shtml

That pretty much gives you all the detail you would want.

Thanks for the help.
  • scottm123scottm123 Member Posts: 1,501
    Nice find and a good read.
    Makes me want to go drive my G35x again! :P

The article also confirmed the 12 mph... thanks!
  • mnrep2mnrep2 Member Posts: 200
    The article also confirmed , when not in Snow mode, the car starts out with RWD at 75%....

I guess we should of looked at the manual. :)
  • jeremiastanjeremiastan Member Posts: 25
    Does anyone know the invoice on a g35x with premium and nav? Edmunds no longer posts this when i "built" the car.
  • suomi8suomi8 Member Posts: 16
    Hi everybody,

Sorry for this post since I am sure it is a stupid one but I wanted to get some car enthusiast/expert opinion here.

I just got a new 08 G35XS and let some of my friends take it out for a spin to see what they think of the ride. So of course they "gunned" the engine hard even though I only had like 60 miles on the engine. They only did it a handful of times but I know you are supposed to wait for the break-in period of 1200 miles before any hard accelerating or breaking.

So my dumb question is do you think I have anything to be concerned with and if so is there anything I should do about it?

Thanks in advance.
  • kominskykominsky Member Posts: 850
    IMHO, you probably have nothing to worry about. My sister did the same thing in my 330Ci when it was brand new (100 miles at most). She was trying to ~impress~ my cousin and was bouncing it off the rev limiter for several seconds (in neutral). I was very concerned. The car now has 140K miles on the odometer and runs great... and my sister's recovered from her injuries, too! :P
  • suomi8suomi8 Member Posts: 16
    Ha, I am sure. But needless to say I was certainly pissed at my friends and will be very careful who I let test drive the car for the next 1000 miles or so!

Thanks for the post and I am sure everything is fine too...
  • carmen8carmen8 Member Posts: 9
    I was looking at a turbo 2009 Forester, but I'm not hot on an SUV.

Mainly, I really want something that is good in snow and rain - although I have no back roads to drive on so ground clearance is not really a factor. I live in Rochester NY and we seem to have slippery roads most of the year!

Also, I know tires make a huge difference, so let's just hold that constant. (I use Nokia WRT tires now and I love them.)

That said, I just looked at the G35X this morning and I love it. But I know the AWD technology is substantially different from Subaru's.

Does anybody know just how good it might be in the snow?

Thanks for your ideas.
  • johninnjjohninnj Member Posts: 243
    Ignoring tires.....I think the ground clearance difference between the 2 is substantial. Also....the price difference is VERY substantial. Have you checked out the rdx?
  • carmen8carmen8 Member Posts: 9
    Took delivery on my G35x last night and it is fabulous. I may have been sitting in traffic this morning, but I had the BEST seat in the house.

Wow -- Opera on that sound system. AMAZING!

I LOVE THIS CAR!!!
  • yogiowneryogiowner Member Posts: 117
    ikay, this is the deal,

15,5k miles on a 2006 g35x. had some minor body work done and breaks checked for wear and excess dust. i'm told that my rear breaks are worn down by about 75%.

i drive normally, no harsh conditions. what the hell is going on that the breaks are gone?
  • johninnjjohninnj Member Posts: 243
    Since the X is auto it's unlikely you drove with the E-brake on (Did you?)
    Sounds fishy....dealer wanting to make a buck maybe? Fronts were fine though?
  • kevina3kevina3 Member Posts: 1
    Hi folks
    I just bought a 2006 Infiniti G35X (rebuild) from the U.S.
    I'm in Canada.
    Beatuiful car, what I'm wondering if there is anyway to cahnge the mileage and outside temp. from english to metric.

thanks for any help or responses.
  • leoniusleonius Member Posts: 2
    Want to buy a 2008 Infiniti G35. I know that premium gas is recommended, but is it required? What actually does the G35 owners manual say. The salesman said that I can use either type of gas without me asking him.

I have a Nissan Maxima which also recommends Premium, but the manual also says that regular 87 octane can be used. I have used regular exclusively in the Maxima without any effect on the engine (never a ping has been heard).
  • paulo6paulo6 Member Posts: 94
    Contrary to what you might hear..you will not damage the engine by using lower octane fuel - Engine management will retard the timing and make the A/F mixure richer to cool the chamber. You will lose performance and fuel economy as a result of that. If those are not significant for you?? You will find many many many discussions on this board and others about this subject, so lets not start another redundant one here..
  • leoniusleonius Member Posts: 2
    Thanks. Sorry about the post, but I just wanted to know what the Infiniti owners manual actually said about the gasoline octane without going back to the dealer.
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    I believe it's "required" unless you don't care about the performance.
  • rag133rag133 Member Posts: 25
    Ive used regular quite often and see NO reduction is gas mileage or performance.
  • gjd4gjd4 Member Posts: 1
    This odd thing just started. When I insert the ignition key and engage electrical (windows, radio), the lights begin flashing whether I engage the engine or remove the key from the ignition. As I'm driving the car the flashing will last about 30 seconds and then stop, but after a minute or 2 it will begin again for about 30 seconds. This may happen about 2 or 3 times and then stops. While this is going on, I can engage the hazard lights and they also flash...so it is not the hazard light switch. Has anyone every encountered this or is my G haunted?
  • JiffferJifffer Member Posts: 2
    Hi Folks,

Love my 08 G35x - can't wait to tear up the Quebec snow bountiful winters ( approx 25 ft last year). Quick question, has anyone found a solution for a roof mounted ski rack ? I was hoping to use my Thule roof rack system (formerly on Altima) but I can't seem to hook the rack by the door mounts. Does anyone have a solution ? Thule does not seem to have one just yet and I can't believe that the folks in Japan forgot abot this. Little slide hole from trunk to back seat will not cut it for 4 pairs of skis or pair of snowboards. DEsperately seeking an answer as skiing season is now upon us !!! Many thanks.
  • deetech79deetech79 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2008 G35x.
    Does anyone out there know if there is an firmware update for the built-in navigation system?
    Also does anyone know if I can program the remote to start the car without having to take it back to the dealer?
  • yogiowneryogiowner Member Posts: 117
    hi there,

sorry i didn't reply sooner. i didn't notice your post.

dealer replaced the brakes at no charge. i ptiched a royal B&*%$. I didn't drive with the E brake on...I've had nothing but minor and stupid problems with this car since I bought it in 06. I kinda wish I bought a lexus, bmw or audi...At least the customer service would have been better and the interior material quality woud stand up.
  • reino260zreino260z Member Posts: 1
    All the manuals are available in PDF form on the Infiniti websites. It is under Settings/Other/Language and Units. This link should do the trick for both Canadian and US.

http://www.infinitiusa.com/pdf/techpubs/g35/2008/2008-Infiniti-G35-Sedan-v2.pdf?- rdx=iusa.com
  • r34r34 Member Posts: 178
    I test drove a 2008 loaner (they had $5000 discount) and found the brake was a little bit "shaky". The whole car shaked a little bit too. I didn't do any hard brake. Is it normal?
  • esfoadesfoad Member Posts: 210
    It's not normal. There should be no shake at all when applying the brakes. Sounds like warped rotors. Make sure they repair it before you take delivery.
  • neeta_homeneeta_home Member Posts: 1
    I am a complete novice and want to know if a car lighter adaptor is the only possible port i can use to connect and charge my GPS (garmin c550)?
    Where can i find this sort of information about my car..? Since i dont find relevant information in manuals i recvd with the car, i assume its more basic than Infiniti decides is worth printing..:(.
    Appreciate your patience and response.
  • esfoadesfoad Member Posts: 210
    There is an auxiliary lighter socket in the armrest of the G35X (at least in my 05). That's where I plug in my TomTom. The other alternative would be to hotwire it to an available fuse or, alternately, to hotwire a lighter accessory socket and hide that behind the dash.
  • berctesgadenberctesgaden Member Posts: 3
    The 2008 G35 has major brake failure issues. Both design flaws and premature brake pad failure.
This discussion has been closed.