Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mitsubishi Lancer Prices Paid and Buying Experience

2»

Comments

• jfritschjfritsch Member Posts: 958
    Keep in mind, if kbb.com values an 07 es sedan auto msrp (08) 17500 with a trade in price used of about 11000. This is what your 17500 08 sedan will be worth in 12 months. Reviews note the 08 is an improvement but that usually doesn't change the trade in scenery much unless an earthshaking advance.

16000 sans tax and title is not a great deal for an 08 lancer es by any stretch of the imagination especially when the 08 mazda3 i touring value edition (msrp 18100) goes all day long in the mid 15000's around here and its 07 used version has a trade in of 13200. Mazda is generally rated higher making things worse. The mitsu warranty seems better but this is a $400-500 diff or less.

This is the problem with makes with few dealerships and there is nothing about the lancer sedan worth breaking a leg over. Make sure a 09 20000 msrp hyundai sonata can't be had in the 15000's (worth 11000 trade in in 24 months or so ), the 08 mazda3, and the 08 mazda6 i sport value edition sedan 4cyl msrp 21200 still lead their class and are available in the 15000-16000's.

An 08 17500 lancer is worth somewhere around 13xxx +ttl. An 09 perhaps in the high 15000's. Nothing worth paying up for here, in the mid range sedans. Unless big discounts go elsewhere. Evolution is exception if your cup of tea but that is $$.

good luck

--jjf
  • steven39steven39 Member Posts: 636
    hi folks,just purchased a 09 lancer ES with the cvt for 17,100.00 msrp was 18,500
    and this lancer has the bluetooth phone option as well as a chrome exhaust finisher and a rear deck spoiler which looks pretty neat on the rally red metalic paint..i traded in a 08 honda civic lx auto cuz we are haveing a baby and need the additional room as well as 4 doors..purchased the civic back in nov 07 and paid 17,500.00...dealer gave me 16,000.00 for my civic and sold me the lancer at invoice with those options that i described...so all in all i think i got a pretty sweet deal all around....one vw dealer offered me the black book value of 13,500.00 for my civic and i said take a hike...i think it's pretty incredible that one dealer can offer 13,500.00 and another offer 16,000.00....so basically it cost me 1,100.00 plus TTT to get into a 09 car...i can live with that.......
  • sandman46sandman46 Member Posts: 1,798
    Which South Florida dealer did you go with?

The Sandman :)
    hi sandman,i purchased the lancer at william lehman mitsubishi in north miami beach,fla over this labor day weekend...i specificly waited till the 31st to make a deal knowing that the end of the month is always the best time to purchase a car...that coupled with their labor day weekend sale really made for one sweet car purchase...as i mentioned in my earlier post i paid 17,500.00 for the new 08 civic lx auto back in nov 07... lehman mitsubishi gave me 16,000.00 for the civic and sold me the lancer at just over invoice...not bad and this does prove that hondas really do hold there value although we did need a larger and safer car with the lancer...
  • trol1374trol1374 Member Posts: 7
    I got the 09 Lancer GTS with Sun and Sound, FAST key, Bluetooth and Navigation. Sticker (msrp) was $23600. I got em down to $21000 and on top of that the dealer gave me $1000 more on my trade in then other dealerships of different/same make vehicles.
  • ScotchtapeScotchtape Member Posts: 2
    FYI to any Dallas shoppers

i was just at a dealer in Lewisville TX. sticker showed a price 17990.00, they were willing to take 15600+ttl after only 20 minutes of talking...

this was on an 2009 Lancer ES
    hey scotch,were there any options on your car??i got a 09 lancer ES in sept 08 with spoiler,chrome exhaust finisher,and the bluetooth wireless for $17,100.00 with the cvt trans...sounds like you might have gotten a better deal.
  • e_thereale_thereal Member Posts: 17
    Has anybody bought one of these recently and what sort of discounts are out there. I've seen tons of these at the dealer lots in and around Austin, Tx and some reasonable deals on Ebay but wanted to know if anyone here has bought one recently.
    Thank you.
  • mujahidmdmujahidmd Member Posts: 21
    does anyone have a GTA in Manual can you share your experiances with the car?
  • mkhasawnmkhasawn Member Posts: 19
    Just bought a 2010 Lancer ES CVT (base model) for $15895 (MSRP $18610). If anyone is looking for a lancer I would VERY STRONGLY recommend the dealer in Hagerstown PA. Send me a private message if you'd like more information.
  • tdn062000tdn062000 Member Posts: 2
    I bought a 2009 Lancer GTS CVT Sun and Sound / Nav for $22000 OTD (with $1500 rebate)
  • yfengyfeng Member Posts: 1
    Thanks for your post, Could you tell me the detail about the dealer in PA. Actually, I am looking for a new 2010 lancer DE with 5speed manual
  • authurdentauthurdent Member Posts: 82
    Not bad for sun/sound/nav. We had a 20K OTD for a 2009 Sportback, less sun/sound/nav, before leaping for a 2009 Outlander XLS sun/sound/luxury for 27K OTD (added 1.2K for 10/100 bumper-to-bumper). I'd recommend our salesperson and dealer, Barb Rabiega at Lancaster Motors (Lancaster, PA), call 717-569-6467.

At the dealer website, I see (4) DE, but not sure if any are MT

http://www.lancastermitsubishi.net/
  • mkhasawnmkhasawn Member Posts: 19
    I would strongly suggest that you speak with Younger Mitsubishi (Hagerstown, MD). Talk to the Sales Manager directly. He's a very nice guy and is certainly willing to negotiate. They would even deliver to you if you're within a reasonable distance from them (perhaps 2-4 hours). They have a lot of DE's in stock. Let me know if I can be of any further help. I bought 2 lancers last year (2009 ES Sport CVT and 2010 ES CVT). Hope this helps.
  • bmws50b30bmws50b30 Member Posts: 4
    hi everyone. I'm about to buy a Lancer and the best price the dealer could give me is $13,700 with the A/C power package. This price is after the 1500 rebate and 1000 loyalty rebate. all i have to add is taxes and registration. is this a good price? Also, how does the sales tax work? Do they tax the 13,700 or the price before the rebates? the sales guy said I have to pay taxes on the price before the rebates. thanks for the help.
  • bmws50b30bmws50b30 Member Posts: 4
    DO NOT buy from this dealer. They are crooks and will give you the run around. They will add other services to your contract and confuse you with it. They will also rush you on signing so you don't get the chance to question the other charges. They will accept your offers and then add charges without telling you. Beware! Go some place else.
  • rdh7rdh7 Member Posts: 1
    I bought a 2008 mitsubishi GTS lancer 2yrs ago and notice a few problems. First, the paint had scratches. Then the dealer tried to fix the problem that the paint is like that. Secondly, the tires (Dunlop Sp5000) starts balding after 30k. Usually the front tires. Most dealer will not correct if you miss your first maintenance care. Just beware when purchasing a 2008-2009 Mitsubishi GTS lancer, you will replace the tires often.
  • bobcarsbobcars Member Posts: 3
    i have a 2010 mitsubishi es manuel drive. i have about 7000 miles on it, about 4000 highway miles. I brought it and now regret it because i want a g35 now. Please contact me if you are interested. This car is super clean, black paint with nice rims.
This discussion has been closed.