Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

GMC Acadia Problems and Repairs

Comments

• cindy60cindy60 Member Posts: 9
    Caron, I personally did not go to dealer bc it wld take a wk before they cld look at it another wk or two to get parts. My local Bridgetown who discovered the leak, had the part the nxt day and ready to roll the nxt.
  • khankerkhanker Member Posts: 9
    I have been reading these complaints and have experienced pretty much every one of the things I have read...the latest being rain water literally leaking in both sides of the car completely soaking our floor mats and dripping on our feet! This took place 4 days after totally having to replace the transmission... it went out in the middle of a busy street with my 2 small children in the car! We had a leak in the master cylinder, had to replace the steering unit and it still squeaks when you turn it. I have the popping noise under the gas pedal, have had multiple mini repairs (seatbelt fray, air bag light, panels coming off, leaks, replace adaptor etc). We are done! We have a claim filed with GM but an still waiting for a call back. We have serious concerns about the safety of the car and want to sell it back. Any help would be appreciated. It is a 2008 and there are about 46,000 miles on it.
  • obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    Do you have documentation of these problems being worked on during the 3/36 factory warranty period? After 4 years of ownership it would be difficult to find any type of recourse. You may have a better idea after consulting with an attorney as to what your options might be.
    Yes I have documentation of the problems and almost all occurred during the 3/36 warranty, except the master cylinder leak which GM paid for the part and a chunk of labor as a concession since they couldn't explain why it happened to a relatively new car just outside of warranty. The transmission was covered under the 100,000 powertrain warranty and we are still waiting to hear on the sunroof leaks, thumping sound and steering unit which has already been replaced once under their warranty! They said the sunroof leak was caused b/c we park our car under a tree and the leaves clogged it. Well my family has lived in our home for 20plus years and all of our cars had sunroofs and we've never had water literally seaping into our car through the panels b/c of leaves! If that was the case our entire town would have leaks since we live in a heavily tree-lined area. So frustrating... particularly bc we bought the car when our 3rd child was born bc we wanted something reliable and I have spent more time in the shop and with rental cars these last 3 years than I have my entire driving career. And such a pain with small children... not to mention the safety factors. I am hoping to hear from our district manager soon but if not am going to consult an attorney because we have been more than patient, and have always fufilled our part of maintaining the vehicle and bringing it in for the recalls. We just want a fair deal to get something more reliable, especially since we paid so much for the car to begin with.
  • 09acadiahelp09acadiahelp Member Posts: 2
    This is my customer service #...71-919156064....I was hoping this would've been resolved by now. We have sent a email to GM on results of the oil sample recently taken. Can email if needed.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    khanker,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your vehicle. By chance, have you spoken with GM Customer Assistance? If so, could you please email me your case number? I would like to look further into your situation.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
  • acadia4meacadia4me Member Posts: 7
    I bought a 2011 GMC Acadia SLT2 AWD at the beginning of September 2010. By the end of the month after putting 1000 miles on it I had it into the dealership because of the abysmal gas mileage. At the time I was getting 9 miles in city, and a WHOPPING 14mpg on the highway in a vehicle rated for 16/24. The dealership initially refused to even look at the car stating that it was still in break in. Come back at 5000 miles. They eventually hooked it up to the computer and pronoucned all the trims were in specs nothing wrong with the car. How in the world could a car getting barely above half the EPA ratings have nothing wrong with it?? But for now... I will drive it some more. Come January after putting those 5000 miles on I was now up to averaging 11mpg city and still 14mpg on the highway still a far cry from the 16/24. Once again they looked at the car and said nothing was wrong with it. I spoke to the service manager, warranty manager, and dealership manager. Their conclusion? Some cars take longer to break in, give it up to 10k miles. Then they agreed to do a fuel consumption test when a loaner was available. Apparently that never happened...

Now at over 11,000 miles I am seeing 12 in city, and even once managed a 16, and 18mpg trip on the highway with cruise control (as usual on a FLAT, no stopping trip). My lifetime average in this vehicle is 14.4MPG including many, many roadtrips with nothing more than myself, a weekend bag, and 60lbs worth of passengers other than myself. I again took the car to the dealership this morning and was told there is nothing wrong with the car. It must be my driving.

I am not an aggressive driver. I have driven new cars before this one including 2 Jeeps, and a Toyota and have never in the life of the vehicles (sold at 14, 11, and 7 years) EVER gotten more then 1-2MPG off sticker and on 2 out of the 3 got sticker mileage until late in their lives.

There is something wrong with THIS PARTICULAR vehicle. And GMC doesn't seem the lest bit interested in doing anything about it.

It's heartbreaking because I love every single other thing about this vehicle...
  • marcwaynemarcwayne Member Posts: 1
    I currently own a 2010 GMC Acadia which has 27K miles. I have taken the car into the 2 dealerships now 5 times over the 20 months for a constant squeak in the brakes that started around 13K miles. The brake noise happens the moment you drive out of the garage until you get to your destination. The first 3 trips to the dealer I was told it was due to dust in the brakes, the way I drive and other driving conditions. Finally the 4th trip to the dealership (after contacting GMC Customer Assistance) they found cracks in the front pads and replaced them and one of the rotors had grooves in it (which they refaced). Within a month the problem came back so I took into the dealerships again where I was told that there was nothing wrong with it.

Since then I have had subsequent conversations with GMC Customer Assistance and a supervisor who basically told me that since nothing performance wise is wrong with the brakes there is nothing that they can do about. Even when posed with the question that if you had 5 things in your car squeaking constantly, but performed fine, you would tell the customer to live with it. I asked for a factory technician or someone else to take a look at or any other departments I could talk to about this issue and they basically told me they were the last line for the customer to go to and that I would have to live with the squeak. I also asked about different types of brake pads and they told me that would be at my expense, which I refuse at this point.

This squeak is absolutely annoying and is driving my wife insane and I know there is something wrong because the brakes should not be doing this all the time. Besides this issue I have had the rack & pinion replaced 2 times, issues with my HVAC, FOBs, Seat Belt Recall, and the buttons on the radio and AC are wearing off.

At this point I am at wits end because this car only has 27K miles on it and we still have the brake issue and the list of other problems. What is going to happen next?

I am looking for advice on how to handle this because I am absolutely getting no help from GMC. I am thinking of filing a complaint with California Department of Consumer Affairs, but other than that I am not sure on what recourse I have in this situation.

Please HELP!
    edited June 2011
    Caron,
    Yes I have spoken with them. Supposedly at this point the district manager is in discussions with the dealer. The case number is 71-954-324-319. I'd appreciate you looking into it as well and any help you could offer.
    Thanks,
    Kim Hanker
    acadia4me,
    I apologize for your concerns. Have you spoke with Customer Assistance reguardign your concerns?
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    Yes. I called Customer Service. Their recommendation was to send me to another dealer's service department for a second opinion. I have an appointment on Monday.
    acadia4me,

Please keep us posted on any information from the dealership.

Thank you,
    The second dealer did the same thing the first did - hooked it up to the computer and reported that there were no error codes. Everything's fine. Nothing wrong with the vehicle. After I complianed more, a tech drove the car and acknowledged that the "mileage was low." Though I don't know how they determined that - maybe just watching the built in MPG reading as they drove?

Their recommendation was for me to record mileage and gas consumption for a while. I told them I had that information from day 1 on the vehicle and sent it to them. Waiting to hear back now...
    acadia4me,

Thank you for the update. Please keep me posted after you hear more information from the dealership.

Thank you,
  • atleastdvdworkatleastdvdwork Member Posts: 2
    Car @ the dealer now. It was pouring in the car. It turned out to be the 2nd sunroof which does not open so it flooded the fuse box and the car wont start without a jump. I picked up the car after it being @ the dealer for 3 days and dropped it off the next day. it was dead again the next morning . It cost 1400.00 b/c extended warranty expired. I really regret getting this truck. The service airbag sign constantly on. That was temporarily repaired with duct tape b/c the clips would not stick properly. That was their solution.
  • atleastdvdworkatleastdvdwork Member Posts: 2
    Oh yes my transmission was acting up and I did take it in to the dealer and they would say nothing was wrong. Until it really started jerking. then they checked and we were told that certain VIN's had trans problem. that a plate would crack but there was no recall. thankfully our warranty was still in force. I'm just sooo disappointed in GMC. we previously had a Jimmy and it was perfect.
  • duijiduiji Member Posts: 17
    I would dig a little deeper into why it leaked. Mine leaked in on the second sunroof and it was because of some holes that should not have been there or should have been plugged. I found mold growing in the rear compartment before finding the leak. I don't think it should be a warranty issue because nothing went wrong or broke it was never made right to start with and there are many others who this happened to. GM should come good on it but they won't. Mine was 2007 what a gem that turned out to be for $38,000. I had to get rid of it with less then 40,000 miles on it.

Good luck, you'll need it.
  • bhoppykbhoppyk Member Posts: 3
    I also had the same problem; bought one day had to take it back to the dealer for over a week the first time due to the leak. The second time they finally figured out that the sunroof leak had caused the fuse box to rust and i had to jump it off every time, or the radio would come on all by itself with no keys in the ignition, or sometimes when you would turn off the vehicle and take out the key it would stay running. Three times we had to take it to the dealership......thank God they repaired it all for FREE!! Pending no more problems, I love the Acadia...but GMC should have to answer to this because i have seen this issue on Edmunds several times. This is my first GMC vehicle!!
  • truckerswife1truckerswife1 Member Posts: 1
    I accidentally came across this site and was curious so I started reading some posts. This one caught my attention because it was about gas.

I purchased a used 2010 Acadia with approx. 8400 miles in Aug 2010. I'm really not into reading the manual unless I need to look for something specific. After driving it for a couple of months I noticed a change in gas mileage and it seems the engine was a bit sluggish at times. I don't do much traveling ( I only put about 35000 miles on my last vehicle in 5 yrs ) so I didn't think much about it since it was only happening occasionally.

Last December after the first snowfall I received message " Park Assist Off" while in reverse. I didn't know why I was getting that message so I got my manual out to find out what it meant. The snow had covered the sensors on the bumper and it couldn't detect anything in my way. While reading about that I noticed a section about the Fuel and continued reading. There is where I realized that I needed to be using TOP TIER DETERGENT Gasoline and I was not aware of that. I had been using different gasoline since I purchased my Acadia. Needless to say there are no gas stations in my immediate area that carry this gasoline but you can get GM Fuel System Treatment Plus from dealer to use with other gasolines.
    Since I started using Top Tier Detergent Gasoline ( or adding the Fuel Treatment ) that fixed the sluggish issue and also improved gas mileage.

If you were not aware of the Top Tier Detergent gasoline, this might be what is causing the poor gas mileage you are having.
  • cettafirecettafire Member Posts: 3
    I've always had a GM vehicle so this car has been quite the disappointment for me. I got this car for my 30th birthday, and it ran fine for about 2 yrs but it's slowly falling apart and I can't afford the maintanence so we're trading it in. We've had the sunroof drain tubes replaced twice but they are leaking again (apparently the Florida heat isn't good for these vehicles). I've had my power steering repaired. My headlights have both had the lamps replaced (who designs a car that requires 2+ hours of work to change a bulb?). Now my car literally won't turn off. It started today. I can turn the car off, get out and the engine is still running and it's shaking. It sputters and then stops. I do have 109,000 miles on the car, but I drove my Pontiac to over 200,000 and my Alero is at 160,000 and still going strong.
    As a result of all the problems we've decided to cut our losses and try to trade it in and hopefully get what we still owe in trade in value. I'm disappointed, and have told everyone I know not to buy a GM product ever again. It's sad that the quality could so dramatically drop from 2004 (my Alero) to 2008.
    I can only hope someone reads this post and I can keep them from making the same mistake I made. I wish I'd never bought the car.

-Melissa
  • lrifeokielrifeokie Member Posts: 1
    Just bought an '08 Acadia with 40,000 miles on it in April of 2011 it has shut off on me 4 times now since we bought it. All times have been in the hot part of the day when temp outside is over 100. We were told to try a new relay switch, did, and nope that is not it, going to try the cable and hopefully it will take care of it. These posts are very discouraging. My check engine light finally came on the last time when it took me and hour to drive a 10 minute drive because had to let it cool and drive a block before it shut down again. My gauges show the engine is not hot, have battery and at least a 3/4 tank of gas. Onstar said it shows a problem in the fuel system. Sounds like a vapor locking issue to my husband, but then the starter stays ingaged too long making it sound like a battery power issue. Calling dealership again, hopefully can get this resolved. I miss my very relable Ford Excursion that never once had a problem and had over 170,000 miles on it!
    :cry:
    lrifeokie,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your vehicle. Please keep us posted on any information from the dealership.

Thank you,
  • 07acadslt207acadslt2 Member Posts: 2
    bought on a sunday and in the dealer for oil leak on monday. from then on in and out of the dealers. From steering to transmission. Going to be a one year in two months I have owned this car and have been lied to by the Penske Cadillac in california. Have called them and even tried to talk to the manager and they connect me to a answering machine and have yet to return my calls. They denied me the military discount and have yet to deliver on their promised replacment keystart. services done now at new dealership. still having throttle and steering issues. After first service discovered body damages on passenger side moldings and dealership said it was already there but on the notes there was no such documentary. How does someone report a dealership of selling a damged car and awful service.
    07acadslt2,
    I apologize for your frustration with your dealer. Can you please send me your complete contact information including a good number to reach your, VIN, current mileage, and involved dealer? I would like to document your concerns. I look forward to your response.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • julie83julie83 Member Posts: 1
    We own a 2007 Acadia. 85,000 miles. Gas pedal stuck twice yesterday while driving on freeway!! Going 70. Pulled over first time, while applying breaks entire time,,thought maybe it was cruise control,,Tried again,same thing,,had it towed to dealer,,they said it was sensor/ throttle. And they never heard of that happening! Hmmm maybe they should read up on it, scared us to death. Definitely rethinking about getting another Acadia.
  • m0mzillam0mzilla Member Posts: 10
    So, my 2010 Acadia has been in the Cadillac dealership service center several times in the last month. Something about my front wheel mount and my air conditioning (when it was in for 4 days and they gave me an HHR for a rental - nice). I got a survey and filled it out honestly - giving an overall "Very Satisfied" as my score. It was true! The service was very good. They kept the car until it was fixed, and I appreciate that - but there was some slight room for improvement and I thougth GMC might want to know that for the sake of improving their business. Apparently not.

I had to take my care BACK in because something shorted in my instrument panel (several buttons didn't work since the last service when they had to go into my dash) and I was just picking up my car when my Service Manager brought up the fact that they received my survey results last night.

I was literally guilted for not lying on my survey! He told me I affected his paycheck by not putting "Completely Satisfied" and when I said that I wrote in detail WHY I scored "Very Satisfied", none of which was because of him, his reponse was "GM doesn't even read these surveys...they just use the scores to pay the Service Managers." Wow - good to know.

His parting comment to me was "If you ever want to divorce your Service Manager, just give him a failing score on your survey...and he'll divorce you right back." UNBELIEVABLE! Basically a threat. Guess where I won't be taking my car again? Luckily, I live in a large city with plenty of options.
  • skippywizzerskippywizzer Member Posts: 6
    Ah! The ol' survey. I'm so tired of hearing about getting a survey. As far as your experience goes, that kind of BS should go right to the top of the GM food chain. There is NO excuse for that kind of garbage from a service department. That manager should be dropped down to the oil change and tire rotation level. See how he likes that effect on his paycheck. You should do everyone a favor on here and post the name of that dealership and the city. They deserve the recognition.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    You can also do a "survey" at Dealer Ratings and Reviews here. :)
    update: I spoke with GM customer service last night via phone (they contacted me). I told them all of the problems and she apologized numerous times. I did tell her I wasn't mad at her because I realize she is only the person who takes the complaint, not the idiot who poorly manufactured my vehicle. When the conversation was over she asked me what I wanted from GM, I told her I wanted this to go beyond her and for GM to research the complaints listed online about the vehicle and make the adjustments necessary. I told her I was trading in the car, which I have now done, and that I would not be buying a GM vehicle again. She told me that she would be forwarding this onto her manager and to the manufacturing plant. We'll see if it helps. If my screaming for the past 1 1/2 years helps one person to not have to go through what I've gone through then it was worth it. Good luck to everyone, this isn't the GM I grew up with.
    I'd be calling and speaking with the general manager and let them know you'll be doing business elsewhere, that should really affect his pay.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited June 2011
    Since the GM "trains 'em", going to the owner may be even more effective.

It speaks volumes when you realize that most service writers work on commission. Not only do they want a perfect survey score, they want to upsell you a bunch of stuff you don't need.

This is pretty eye opening:

Confessions From the Dealership Service Department
    julie83,

I apologize for the problem you experienced with the gas pedal. Has the issue been taken care of? Please keep me posted.

Thank you,
    m0mzilla,
    I apologize for your experience; I would like to speak with you more in detail with you about your concerns as well as this survey. Can you please email me with your VIN and involved dealer? I look forward to your response. Have a great holiday weekend!
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • acadiaistrashacadiaistrash Member Posts: 3
    I am hoping someone has some advice for me. We have a 2008 Acadia which has been one issue after another. Most recently, the car has now stalled 4 times on us.

I can't break, steer, or accelerate. It just completely shuts off. It most recently happened with my kids in the car and I was stuck in the middle of the road. I was terrified. I had to get my kids out of the car and push it to the side of the road. The dealership can't recreate the problem, so GMC told me to go pick it up from the dealership. Um, would you drive that car?

I have spent the past 2 days calling GMC. If one more person tells me "I understand you are frustrated" I will scream. I was trying to talk to someone so I could see what our options are. We don't want to drive this car anymore because it is not safe. I find it confusing that GMC advised us to drive it. When I have been calling in supervisors are on conference calls. I am promised a call back and it doesn't happen. The last person I spoke with gave me a fax number to send my complaint to. It is just insulting. 24 hours ago I wanted to ask them about trading it in. Now you couldn't pay me to drive another GMC.

Has anyone had any luck with getting someone at GMC to actually respond? I don't know what to do and I am considering hiring an attorney, but it seems like I wouldn't have a case unless there as an accident, and I am not willing to drive the car. So I guess I am just out $35K? That just doesn't seem right.
  • mamasquashmamasquash Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2011 Acadia.....and have had it for 4 months. Over the last week I kept feeling like when I accelerated it wasn't going as fast as it should. It just seemed to be running "odd". Today I am driving and what sounded like a backfire and then grinding, made me pull over. I figured flat tire. So I check all the tires and they are fine. Get back in and try to press the gas and it moved, but it was grinding.....get back out....check tires again. Finally, called roadside assistance. Had to have it towed.....but the car is 4 months old!!!!!! I haven't been thrilled with the car truth be told, but this just ticks me off. Paying that much a month and it breaks down after a few months!!!! GRRR! Of course it is a holiday weekend so I am pretty sure I am without a car for a least a few days!!!
  • sthcrsthcr Member Posts: 2
    If you are buying it for better gas mileage than a full size SUV. We bought a 2011 Acadia Denali AWD, around town best we have seen is 14.5 and on the highway 17. Dealer says it's getting 24.2 on the highway after a 100 mile road test but when we got the car back the on board computer displayed 17. Think they are lying????? you know they are so they don't have to take it back.
    we have almost 7,000 miles on the car and they keep saying wait it will get better. BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!!! We wish we could get back our 2009 Yukon Denali at that we traded in wanting a car with better fuel mileage man are we sorry at least the Yukon had some get up and go 400HP.
  • obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    I think you are blaming the wrong company. If you look closely you will see that it says EPA mileage est. (cty/hwy): 17/24 mpg key letters being EPA.

If you go to http://www.fueleconomy.gov you can get additional information on how those numbers were attained and get the new numbers issued by the EPA which for the 2007 Arcadia AWD which is 16/22 combined 18 mpg. For the 2011 Arcadia AWD the numbers now look like 16/23 combined 19.

Course the gov't has this disclaimer: the EPA ratings are a useful tool for comparing the fuel economies of different vehicles but may not accurately predict the average MPG you will get.

As they say, YMMV.
    acadiaistrash,
    I apologize for your experience. Do you have the names and/or extensions of the people you have spoke with? Can you please email me with more information including your VIN, current mileage, involved dealer? I look forward to working with you!
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    Thanks, Christina - I am not very familiar with this site but I believe I just emailed you. Please let me know if you don't receive it.
    mamasquash,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your new vehicle. Please keep me posted when the vehicle has been diagnosed.

Thank you,
  • safety9285safety9285 Member Posts: 88
    I have not seen this posted (maybe I missed it) but if you experience less than desired MPG, check the fuel you are putting in your car. The MPG rating on the stickers are for 100% gasoline, ie, no Ethanol. 5% ethanol content in gas would relate to ~5% decrease in MPG. If your gas has 10% Ethanol, that could drop you MPG by 10%.
    E85 drops MPG up to 30%. :D
    sthcr,

The best fuel economy possible is the direct result of proper maintenance and good driving habits. Listed below are GM's recommendations to achieve the best mileage possible. The first group are things to consider for your vehicle, while the second are tips relating to your driving habits.

One of the major contributors to poor fuel economy are under inflated tires. Tires low with pressure create drag that the vehicle’s powertrain must overcome, wasting dollars in fuel. Always keep your tires inflated to the proper pressure as shown on the vehicle placard. This not only serves to increase gas mileage but cuts down on tire wear, further decreasing your costs per mile.

A vehicle that has a dirty air filter can’t efficiently draw air into the engine. This restriction forces the engine to expend energy to "breathe" wasting fuel in the process. Change recommendations are found in your vehicle Owner’s Manual.

Always use the proper viscosity oil in your engine. Oil that has a higher than required viscosity will create more drag on the internal components of the engine causing more work for it, especially when cold. Each Owner’s Manual contains information on the proper type of oil for your vehicle. Look for the "starburst" symbol on the front of the bottle, and the SM rating on the API circle on the back label. If you are in doubt, stop by your dealer for an oil change, and any other services required. Most current GM vehicles are equipped with oil life monitors to further assist on the "when" to change your oil. (Aveo/Wave/Optra/Epica currently do not have oil life monitors).

Note: GM Vehicles DO NOT require additional engine oil additives. Some additives may cause harmful effects to the internal seals and additionally void the terms of your vehicles New Car Warranty.
    Purchasing higher than required octane fuel is a waste of money. Using higher octane fuels in a vehicle that only required regular unleaded fuel will neither increase performance nor improve gas mileage. In all cases refer to your owner’s manual and ONLY use the octane rated fuel recommended for your vehicle.

Even though current GM vehicles have 100,000 mi (160,000 km) service intervals for spark plugs if your vehicle is at that point in its life, have the spark plugs changed to assure proper running and continued efficient, trouble free operation.

Avoid quick/full throttle acceleration from a standstill in town and high cruising speeds on the interstates. While the optimum MPG for highway cruising speed varies from vehicle to vehicle, faster is almost always worse. If your vehicle is equipped with a Driver Information Center that displays Instant Fuel Economy, select that readout and vary your cruising speed while on the highway. The display will change continuously with uphill and downhill sections but you should quickly be able to identify on level ground the speed range that your vehicle does the best in. Avoid leaving unnecessary items in your trunk. It takes power to move increased weight and that means more gasoline consumption and reduced performance. While the change may be slight, multiplied by thousands of miles, it all adds up. Your vehicle uses much more fuel when the engine is cold. This is especially true in the winter months when the engine will take the longest to warm up. Combine errands or trips so that the vehicle only needs to warm up once to encompass many different stops.

Thank you,
    Christina
    I have still not heard back from you. It is imperative I speak with someone today. I do plan to trade in the Acadia for a Honda. I am relunctantly giving GMC one more day to do the right thing. My biggest concern is that this Acadia will be traded in and another family will be facing the same safety concerns. I am shocked that this is of no concern to GMC.
    acadiaistrash,
    I just re-sent my email to you. I apologize for the confusion. Please let me know that you received it.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • cbarron3cbarron3 Member Posts: 1
    I have had my 2011 acadia for 4 months. I live in an area where the AC is necessary, it gets up to 115 degress; very hot and humid. Recently the temp has been really high. I will turn my AC and the buttion with the circulating arrow turns off by itself. I know that in the tahoe I had and in my husbands chevy truck it stays on unless I myself turn it off or turn the vehicle off.
  • dlandersdlanders Member Posts: 8
    We have the same problem, and it is the same temperature here. Ours doesn't turn the AC off, but does turn the re-circulating button off. It seems to be intermittent, but turns off several times in a 30-minute drive.
    dlanders,
    I would recommend speaking with your dealer of choice. If your dealer has a problem diagnosing your concerns I would recommend inquiring about a recorder and/or possibly involving technical assistance. I hope this helps.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • upsetfamily4upsetfamily4 Member Posts: 1
    im so happy i have a outlet about my experience with my 08 GMC Acadia...
    my car is breaking down and the GMC manufacture is horriable and doesn't want to help ..

urisha from area specialist for sunnyvale gmc said there was nothing she can do for me and she is sorry about my experience
    that is all i hear from them and they were the ones that made a vehicale that is wrong... and the word of the day is "THEY CAN NOT DUPLICATE THE PROBLEM"...... augh.... its ok now unfortuantely, i have to get legal assistance with this matter and to me ,.. and the sad thing is its my transmission and i have to pay over 30 grand for this vehicale and its 2011 and the vehicale is broken... so sad...
  • safety9285safety9285 Member Posts: 88
    You do not mention your problem with your Acadia. There are thousands of folks who read this forum. If you could describe your problem, one of us has probably experienced it already and could possibly and could provide suggestions as to what your dealer should look for.
    upsetfamily4,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your transmission. Have you had the chance to speak directly with GM Customer Assistance? If so, could you please email me your case number? I would like to look further into your situation.

You can get my email by clicking on gmcustsvc.

Thank you,