Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

GMC Acadia Problems and Repairs

Comments

• gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Member Posts: 1,964
    Have you gotten any word on what the noise was? Multiple repairs with a vehicle, especially so close together, can be frustrating, and I am very sorry that your week has been so interrupted with trips to and from the dealership. If you are interested in working with Customer Service, please get in touch via email and we'll get a Service Request set up for you.
    Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • jrdredjrdred Member Posts: 7
    edited January 2012
    The customer service rep at the dealership stated that a blade behind something they had worked on the day before got bent slightly and hopefully now that is fixed. Just waiting for it to rain again as we will not know if all the leaks are truly fixed until it does! And yes I would like a case number with customer service as I am sure I will have issues with these leaks again. Still waiting to find out about a refund for monies paid on leaks caused by seams in the vehicle which should fall under a manufacturer's defect. Thanks so much and I appreciate your concern!
  • bringamerica1bringamerica1 Member Posts: 2
    Just to start I Work on a company that supply major equipment to a fast food chain in america so I know how important customer relation can be. Now a day a word of mouth, Facebook, Youtube can really do some major damage in corporate america. My manager always told me no matter how small the customer complain is you need to take care of them. As he jokes around; He said because you dont really know how many "Facebook Friends" they have or "You Tube Hits" on our bad product. Anyway let me post my situation..I used to own a 2002 Tahoe and 2002 Pontiac Montana with milleage combined around 250,000 and I could honestly say those vehicle never, never, ever gave me grief as the one I currently own "THE INFAMOUS 2009 ACADIA" my wife and I deceide to trade both of our Paid for vehicle to get this "Lemon" unfortunately we dont even own the vehicle for a year when problem started. First the engine light is constantly ON so we, We in Minnesota which is mean harsh weather temp espicially during winter and a remote "START" would be good right? Well with engine light being on the remote start is useless so that feature is out the window then the headlight bulbs burn't. Did you guys ever try to replace a headlight bulb on this vehicle? Good Luck!! Because I am not paying $50 just to replace a headlight bulb, what kind of Engineer GMC hires to design this car a12year old? This last one really pisst me off. While my wife and I and my 3 kids are driving down going to a mall my wife took a left turn to go on a parking lot the Steering Wheel suddenly Stiffen on her which we almost collided on another vehicle coming in. That really did it for me, the next morning I brought it to a GMC dealer which they told me it was my "Steering Rack" and the check engine light could be my "TIMING CHAIN" Wow! I called GM to complain and since my warranty for the steering rack is out of the 35,000 mark they are willing to pay half with labor cost which still $480.00 out of my pocket. I own the Vehicle 11Months and absolutely hate it...Detailed inside the car are poorly put together, chome piece around the shifter falling apart! Zipping noise coming from the steering columwhile turning, I can go on and on...I can honesly say I might be just one of there million customer but watch out GM I have 1500 Facebook friends and good on making You Tube videos.... Come on guys! U.S can build better than...
  • brooklyngirl1brooklyngirl1 Member Posts: 14
    I feel your pain.I just got rid of a 2010 that garbage was nothing but trouble every time I would get in the car I would have anxiety because I knew that something was going to happen. When ever my husband and I see people driving around in them we cal them victims because that is how we felt when we owned ours.
  • rettad82rettad82 Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2012
    I have experienced all the typical complaints with my 2008 Acadia - had to have leaking windows repaired, replaced headlights twice, replaced water pump, replaced timing chain, replaced master cylinder & brake booster, replaced crappy Fortera tires twice, replaced purge valve, replaced sway bar; drivers side power window doesn't work; Stabilitrak light comes on all the time; car looses power steering if you go through a puddle of water; loss of control of car on certain turns at certain rates of speed. Newest problem occurred when vehicle was returned from dealer after 8 days - Battery Saver Active. Read the manual, which states that battery saver comes on when there are too many systems being used. Only heat & radio were on when this began occurring. It lasted about 24 hours, the battery died, and I had to be towed. Dealer said it was a battery cell problem & charged $195 for a new battery. Picked up car at dealer, drove about a mile, and same "service battery charging system" indicator came on. I'm thinking they hooked something up incorrectly when they did timing chain/master cylinder/brake booster repair and that something is constantly running. Has anyone experienced a similar problem?
    Sounds great! If you haven't already (my coworker Christina responds to the emails from Edmunds), please send us an email with your name/Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 digits of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership.
    Thanks!
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    Bringamerica1,
    I am sorry to hear that your Acadia has had some issues, and that you are so frustrated and disappointed. If you were to get us your Service Request number, we would be happy to look at your case to make sure that everything was handled appropriately.
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    Are you planning on revisiting them? If you would like to work with Customer Service in addressing this concern, please contact us via email with more information (name, contact information, last 8 of VIN, and dealership) and we'd be happy to get a Service Request set up where we could get involved with you and the dealership towards resolving this.
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • duijiduiji Member Posts: 17
    Although I am not proud of it I was once an Acadia owner. My wife and I went over our budget to buy one of these and it was the worst purchase ever. I have posted on here in the past but continuing to read the numerous complaints still coming in on this vehicle is ridiculous. There is a pattern here with issues and yet no recall or permanent fixes, why? I started a website to gather as many Acadia owners but when I put it on here it was removed because it was a solicitation? Isn't that what all these GM representatives are doing? Many of theses owners want a permanent fix and not a band-aid, GM needs to come good on these junk mobiles with people that spent good money on a terrible vehicle. Acadia commercials should be required to address known issues much like the Surgeon Generals warning on cigarettes. Caution: Vehicle may have steering and suspension problems, transmission issues, sunroof leaks and much much more.
    Please reply with email address and I will gladly email the information to you. Thanks for your help.
  • javannessjavanness Member Posts: 2
    I have read post after post after post of the same problems occurring in the Acadia. I, too, have had multiple problems with my 2008 Acadia: replaced the headlights twice, had the water pump replaced, had my rotors resurfaced twice, the rear entertainment system only works about 1/4 of the time, the airbag light comes on at random and now I have to have the rack & pinion replaced and the rotors resurfaced AGAIN.
    How many complaints does GM have to receive before they will issue a recall for these recurring issues? I guess they figure steering issues on a vehicle aren't really cause for concern, but the windshield washer heating mechanism is. I am appalled that GM isn't more concerned about the multiple issues with this vehicle model—especially one that sells for more than $40,000 and is considered a luxury vehicle. Facebook, Twitter and every other social site will hear about how horrible this vehicle is, which will hopefully deter someone else from purchasing an overpriced piece of crap.
  • ash_waldenash_walden Member Posts: 1
    After having several issues with my 2008 GMC Acadia, today I pull into the parking lot at work, put the car in park, remove the key from the ignition and the car keeps running! It took nearly 2 minutes for the car to turn off, finally sputtering to a stall. Last month we experienced water leaks due to faulty drainage tubes, which my dealership said was really a seal that needed to be replaced for $1300, even though we have extended warranty (SHADY!). We've had the steering gear replaced twice. I LOVE my Acadia, but this is starting to get ridiculous.
    If we can look into this further with you, please get in touch via email with more information (your name/Edmunds username, contact information, the last 8 of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your dealership) and we'd be happy to assist!
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • luv2cruisercclluv2cruiserccl Member Posts: 9
    My 2010 gmc Acadia has a similar problem that on the rear hatch there is small specs of like orange color debris all over it no matter how many times I wash and it does not go away. So any ideas so I have it detailed and/or waxed more often so are there any products I can buy or order online that I can use at home to remove this? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
    edited January 2012
    I totally agree with you and I am sure I got a LEMON too! Tired of all the recalls and crap that this vehicle has put us through. I have been working 2 jobs(full time and a part time) for nearly 2 years because my husband and I both lost our jobs in 2009 through no fault of our own I might add. Since then he has had lots of health problems and hospitals stays and we have struggled to stay above water ever since. Yesterday I took another part time job for a total of 3 jobs because no one is going to send us any bail-out money! And GM should take vehicles off the market and recall every single one of them. We have all GM vehicles right now, 2004 4wd Truck (husband) bought new, paid for but has had several problems, 2001 4wd Truck (son ) bought new, paid for and is a better vehicle than the 2004. They are the same truck silverado just different models. We have owned several GM products in the past with few to no problems, however, we have decided that if GM doesn't do something about this vehicle we will not be buying another one! SORRY I ever traded my 2002 paid for 4wd Tahoe for this LEMON!
  • aoleacadiaaoleacadia Member Posts: 3
    PROBLEMS ON OUR 08 ACADIA,MANY.1ST 1/7/08 WE HAD WATER LEAKS FROM ALL 4DRS.GM ADJUSTED DOORS IN TO SEAL BETTER.THEN 10/29/08 THERE WAS A CLICKING SOUND WHEN TURNING AT SLOW SPEED AND WHILE PARKED.LOOSE STEERING INTER. SHAFT.THEN 3/30/09 THE A/C WAS BLOWING WARM AIR.GM REPLACED EVAP.CORE.I HAD A RENTAL FOR 1 MONTH. GM COVERED IT .THEN 6/09 GM (THE ONLY 2 ON THE ISLAND OF HAWAII) CLOSED & FILED FOR BANKRUPTCY.HILO/KONA SAME OWNERS.THEN 8/17/09 THEY REOPENED (A GM CO ON THE ISLAND OF OAHU) LONG ENOUGH FOR US TO GET A OIL CHANGE & CHANGE A BURNT HEADLIGHT BULB. THEN WE HAD NO GM AUTHORIZED DEALER ON OUR ISLAND OF HAWAII.A LOCAL TOYOTA DEALER BECAME AUTHORIZED TO SERVICE GM & CHEVY'S BUT SELL ONLY CHEVY'S. THEN 2/2/11 WE HAD POWER STEERING PUMP REPLACED BECAUSE THE CLICKING SOUND CAME BACK.GM COVERED IT.10/11 TRANS BROKE.NOW ENGINE LIGHT IS ON .I HAVE TO PAY TO CHANGE A EVAP. VENT VALVE $.310.00. TO TOP IT OF TRANNY WAS A REBUILT 1. WHAT MAKES IT BETTER THAN THE NEW 1 THAT CAME WITH THE CAR? GM ONLY COVERS 8 RENTAL DAYS . THE CAR WAS DOWN FOR 1MONTH :mad: :lemon:
  • ktriektrie Member Posts: 15
    Agreed, this is the worst vehicle I have ever purchased. My daytime running lights just went out again (had them replaced just 13 months ago) and I refuse to get them replaced again due to the labor cost. I have had every problem mentioned on this blog and I feel victimized by GM because this vehicle is an engineering nightmare and it will probably take for someone to be killed in one of these garbage bins before they take ownership of an obvious problem. The government should have let GM go under if this vehicle represents the best this company can do. I will NEVER EVER consider a GM product in the future. If anyone is interested in a class action suit, count me in.
  • obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    What I don[t understand is why suffer with a vehicle for 4 years if it's that bad? You could have traded for a Toyota at anytime. But then again Toyota had recalls for SUA and that might have killed you. Come to think about it dealing with leaks isn't as bad as worrying if your car is going to kill you the next time you drive it.
    I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you've experienced with getting your Acadia serviced. Have you already worked with Customer Assistance? If you would like to get a case set up, please send us an email with more information (your name/Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 digits of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your current dealership).
    Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • rusty2489rusty2489 Member Posts: 5
    So as I stated in my last post that I would repost when I got my Certificate that was promised for $100 for work that was done that did NOT fix our issues. Well I am writing today to let everyone know that GM did come through with their promise. We received letter/voucher worth $100 of work done to vehicle at any one given visit. BTW since these issues have been fixed we are back in love with our Acadia. Hopefully the worst is behind now. THANKS to the GMC Customer service reps on here for your help. :) :shades:
    Thank you for your kind post, rusty2489! I'll be sure to pass this on to Christina!
    Many many happy miles,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • vp2012vp2012 Member Posts: 1
    My husband and I had a 2010 SLT. We had many problems with the car, the injectors went, both cat. converters had to be replaced and both time chains were replaced at 43000k. Our dealership( Banks Chevy in Concord NH) was great all the problems were fixed under warranty. I have been in the automotive industry for almost 20 years I was not happy that I was driving a 2 year old car that had just had the engine dropped out of it. I have read many post on this site and I understand peoples frustration. In our situation we got in touch with a gm rep. not one of the so called customer service rep who we refused to speak with. And he and GM stood up and took care of our issues. I wanted another Acadia I love the car I hated the problems. We just got a 2012 Acadia Denali. This will be my 6th GM product, the 2010 was almost my last, however GM made it right with us. As many bad post as I have read I felt that I needed to tell people that GM stood up and took care of us. Thanks GM for your help and keeping a customer!
  • terry123terry123 Member Posts: 1
    It is so upsetting to see so many problems with the acadia. We purchased a 2007 Acadia three weeks ago. Today, it rained really hard and on the way home the headliner was wet in two different areas on the drivers side. The seat belt in the third row had water coming out of it. I am so upset! I would appreciate any advice you may have. I feel this is going to be a long, hard fight.
    Since the vehicle is 5 years old you can assume it has been leaking for those 5 years in service. I would be more concerned with black mold at this point and would unload that vehicle as soon as I could.
    I'm so glad to hear this, vp2012! If we can ever be of assistance in the future, please get in touch via email,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    If you would like to get a Service Request set up with us, which would allow for us to look into your situation further and interact with any involved GM dealership, please send us an email with more information (include your name/Edmunds username, the last 8 digits of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your dealership). From that point, my coworker Christina (who answers incoming emails) will guide you as to the next steps.

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • woofa23woofa23 Member Posts: 2
    We are in the same boat... um, or Acadia. We have had no issues since we bought it in 2009, but all of a sudden it's stranded me twice in the same week... after we noticed a leak in our sunroof. We brought it in and the sunroof seal was supposedly intact. Love my car, but I'm browsing other makes now... SO FRUSTRATING!! Good luck to you.
    Have spoken with dealership who made repairs for leaks first told it was caused vehicle seams, paid the bill and then when it leaked again that night took it back the next day and was told it was caused by the sunroof. Apparently when the wind guard was put on it was attached with metal that cut the rubber around the sunroof. It was installed at Roberts Lyons dealership in Lewisburg when I purchased the vehicle, so now I am being told that I will have to contact them to see about getting my money back. Russell Barnett Chevrolet has advised that the sunroof leak is also what caused the seams in the vehicle to leak and that is why they feel that the original dealership should give my money back. Although I'm not convinced that the sunroof leak could have washed the sealant out of the seams on the vehicle to begin with if it was sealed correctly from the factory. Think I am getting the run-around. Going to call Roberts Lyons and will post their answer.
    edited February 2012
    Spoke with Service Mgr. at Roberts Lyons late yesterday. Benny stated that since the service dept. at Russell Barnett Chevrolet had stated that the first leak was caused by vehicle seams and had charged me for labor to fix it, when really the leak was caused by the sunroof that Russell Barnett Chevrolet should be responsible for refunding my money. He stated that the problem was misdiagnosed by the service department which I am sure is right because the vehicle leaked that night after the seams were supposedly resealed! Also discovered that my Sunroof deflector was missing since the last repair called and Deanna at Russell Barnett seemed quite surprised about that. After checking she discovered that the servicemen did not put it back on and they still have it at the dealership. Didn't even bother to tell me (the customer) that it was left off. Imagine that!!! I believe they think that I will grow weary of dealing with this and forget about it but they are WRONG! Sick of dealing with the repairs and RECALLS on this vehicle. STILL WAITING FOR GM CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE TO RESPOND WITH EMAIL ADDRESS FOR GM SO I CAN GET A CASE NUMBER.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Click on the CSR's name to get to their Profile. The email is there.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    jrdred,
    Thank you for taking the time to post your concerns. You can find my email address in my profile. Please include your complete contact information including mailing address, VIN, current mileage, and the name of the dealer. I look forward to your email.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • arw0678arw0678 Member Posts: 1
    We bought our 2008 Gmc Acadia used in Jan 2011. Within 3 months the headliner was leaking thru the dome light & airbags. Since the Manufactor warranty had expired we went to a none dealership crrtified mechanic to get fixed (cost way less than dealership). Had the front weather stripping replaced. No leaks until a week ago (Jan. 2012). Went to dealership to get fixed since was told it was the secondary sunroof that was leaking water & a very extensive job. & was told to go the Gmc dealership. Went to Becker Buick & they were wonderful about getting job done but since this is not a mechanical or electronically problem our extended warranty won't cover it. So contacted GM to see if would help out & was told since we bought used & manufactory warranty expired that they won't help used. So basically if you have this problem you are screwed. This is a design flaw in the Acadia's. I'm very sad because of GM's lack of backing up their vehicles I will not be buying another GM vehicle again. Other than this I absolutely love my Acadia.
  • slt5slt5 Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2012
    FYI.... we own a 2007 Pickup with a sunroof and it has leaked from the begining... got a new seal but still will leak when go through a car wash or it is raining really hard...not as bad, but... Major defect from GM. Sorry to tell you all this... we went through all the channels 5 years ago to get it fixed .... It is amazing that they just can't find what is wrong.. had a suburban before that with a sun roof and it never leaked.... go figure.. maybe the new design has a problem ???? Thanks for the heads up was looking into purchasing an Acadia.... not now at least not one with a sun roof.....
  • renie39renie39 Member Posts: 6
    Although the sunroofs appear to be the obvious culprit, I am wondering if it is possible that the leaks could actually be coming from some other 'sealed' opening (either - instead of, or in addition to, the sunroofs?).E.g., the seams where the roof is joined to the sides, or, where the antenna is attached, or, (on the acadia) where the roof rack is attached? I have taped and covered both sunroofs on my Acadia, and I think that I am still getting water inside. I am going to recheck the tape job, but it 'looks' good. Has anyone else tried this, either with tape, or something else (caulk, etc)?
  • renie39renie39 Member Posts: 6
    I hope that everyone is complaining to NHTB about this defect! The 'recall' apparantly didn't work (gm merely extended the drain hoses, I'm told) - and the problem still exists this is NOT a new problem! and yet the government won't force GM to live up to their responsibility to the consumer. Why? this is a safety hazard, as many have said, as it affects the electronics, and potentially the airbag system.
    Maybe it's time for owners to get together and picket GM - can you see the multitudes of leaky GM vehicles circling GM? maybe some with bathtubs sitting on top of their vehicles? if anyone else is mad enough to join me, let me know - we could do this all over the country, judging by the number of complaints on this website - action instead of words, get GM to fix their defective vehicles!
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    edited February 2012
    arw0678,
    Thank you for taking your time to post with your concerns and frustrations. General Motors has provided assistance to customers who are not the 1st owner of a vehicle. Each case is looked at and evaluated on a case by case basis. However, GM will only assist in fixing the concerns at the customers expense if a 3rd party garage has worked on the concern. It is always recommended to work with a GM dealer if you are experiencing concerns. Dealers are independently owned and operated; however, they are contracted with General Motors and provide feedback to GM. With out reviewing the case I cannot know for sure why you were denied assistance. If you would like to email me with your case number I would be happy to look into this for you.
    Christina
    GM Customer Assistance
  • 03superduty03superduty Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2012
    We purchased our Acaida one year ago used. In that time it has stranded us three times. The first two time's were Stabilitrack problems. The last was a broken timing chain while on the highway. Not fun! We were without the Acadia for two weeks, and just got it back yesterday. One head was replaced, as well as a cam shaft and around eight valves on both sides of the engine. The timing gears and adjusters were all shot also. We no longer trust this vehicle and as its about to drop out of warranty, I think we are done with it and GM. The dealer wouldn't extend the warranty, didn't give us a loaner, and the communication from them was poor. We had just had it in a month before the engine failure for recall work. You would think, knowing that they have a issue with this engine, they would have told us about the problems and inspected and repaired them at that time.
    I can understand why you are looking to replace your Acadia, and I'm sorry that it hasn't been a satisfactory vehicle for you. It sounds like you had an unsatisfactory experience with your dealership - if you would like for us to look into this further, we'd be happy to do so. Please send us an email at the address located in my profile with more information (include your name/Edmunds username, the last 8 of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your dealership) and my coworker Christina (who answers inbound emails from Edmunds) will direct you further.

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • nailtech1980nailtech1980 Member Posts: 1
    I am working with a dealership now to buy an Acadia cause I absolutely love the look and features but this forum is making me have 2nd thoughts. These have some major issues that are expensive. :(
  • khankerkhanker Member Posts: 9
    Don't do it!! I couldn't take it anymore after 50 k miles being in the shop all the time, going out of town and having it break down or leak water everywhere... the constant repairs and unreliability far out way the look and features (which we loved too). I still cringe everytime I see one on the street...If you like the dealer, stick with them and get a Yukon... It has been a MUCH better car than the Acadia! Good luck!
  • cindy60cindy60 Member Posts: 9
    Do NOT buy an Acadia!!!!!! I love my 2007 so very much but it truly is a lemon. It is in the shop as I type this because of yet another problem with power steering. I have already spent so much money on repairs and I'm only at 40k miles. I've had the water leaking problems, my power steering went out, just to name a cpl things. I had no idea I was spending $40,000 on a hunk of junk.
    Please note that the bulk of complaints are from owners of the 2007/2008 variety of Acadias. Most bought used and you know that often it's other peoples problems that are dumped at dealerships.

Test drive a 2012. You won't find the problems being discussed here. Me? I traded a 2002 Yukon Denali for an 2010 Acadia. It's been in the shop for tire balancing issues several times until we discovered that it wasn't the tires or the 20" rims rather the dealership's tire balancing equipment was too old to balance 20" rims. Once the dealer sent the tires out to be balanced vibrations were gone.

Course this is the wife's car so I don't drive it but once a month. One of the reasons that I bougnt this versus another Yukon was the fold down third row seats which aren't available with the Yukon. Makes a world of difference as you get older.
    I'm sorry you have had to make so many repairs on your Acadia, cindy60. Do you have any current vehicle concerns that we could be of assistance with?

Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • ssheff0920ssheff0920 Member Posts: 1
    In Sept 2009 I traded in my 2004 Tahoe on a brand new 2009 Acadia SLT-2. What a mistake.... Within the first 20K miles had to replace all of the brakes, had the "hideaway" compartment in the dash fixed as well as an annoying rattle in the front windshield column. Then it just seemed to spiral downwards from there. The wonderful service department at our local dealership knew me by name. With right under 50K miles on it the following has taken place; steering column has been replaced, A/C has been replaced, DVD player has been repaired, heater went out on passenger side, driver seat seems to "rock" when accelerating (dealer can't figure out what is wrong), molding on roof has pulled loose, and as I type it is in the shop again. This time it overheated, started smoking and left me stranded. I'm told that it is a failed water pump but are not finished checking it out. So needless to say I have traded the Acadia in and am now the proud owner of a 2012 Yukon.
    I would NOT recommend this vehicle. I just can't see paying $40,000 for a vehicle that stays in the shop. Thank goodness I bought the extended warranty.
    I hope that your Yukon serves you well, and am sorry that you did not have a good experience with your Acadia. If we can ever be of assistance, please don't hesitate to get in touch via the email in my profile.

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • hbacadiahbacadia Member Posts: 7
    After four years of problems and repairs I received a letter today from a group of Consumer Protection Attorneys regarding GMC Acadia 2007-2009 that are lemons.
    I too have had most of the problems and issues that others are talking about on this forum. The most current and :lemon: critical is that last year the car started losing the Power Steering when driving on wet streets (not large puddles). I took it in and they just tried to play it down. I really had to persist. The GMC dealer finally said they could put on a splash guard that newer models come with, at my expense. It did not solve the problem. I am so nervous driving this car when it is or has been raining. I have been stuck while pulling on to major highways with oncoming traffic! When I took car back in for other repairs, I again told the service rep that it was still occurring and was told that they could not do anything about. Now my teenager is trying to learn how to drive with this unreliable car....now that's scarry! This is an awful situation. I wish I had realized sooner that others have had as many issues as I have. Now I know to stand up for myself regarding this car. I too love the design/looks of this car, it is a shame that is so frustrating and dangerous to drive.
  • ineedaricciineedaricci Member Posts: 8
    Dont do it. My traction control light is back on since i first started this thread! Nothing but trouble i promise you that....
  • bmataabmataa Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2007 Acadia that I purchased brand new. As with other comments it did have alot of recalls. My lastest issue is the Stability Tracking. It came on starting in October when my husband was away driving on mountinous roads in West Va. I took it in and the service department claimed that computer was overloaded with codes and all they claimed they had to do was reset the computer back to "factory default". Fast forward to February 20. 2012 the same issue occured, this time on snowy West Va highway. Took it back and this time they tried to slap with a $99.95 diagnosis fee then they claimed the battery was weak. The computer code indicated "C0110,C0899,P320A" device low voltage see battery line. So I paid to have an new battery. Now 2/25 the light is on again. This time on flat road. We also have a 2002 Yukon Denali w/130,000 miles and runs like a tank. We also have a 1992 Toyata Land Cruiser with 190,000++++ miles. Both purchased new. Land Cruiser is also a tank. My fear with the Acadia with all the computer crap it does not have much life left. Any thoughts???"
  • jpfjpf Member Posts: 496
    You probably should trade it in before something else goes wrong (which will happen with certainty). Good luck.
  • aoleacadiaaoleacadia Member Posts: 3
    I HAVE A 08' ACADIA,IS IT POSSIBLE FOR YOU TO POST THAT LETTER OR TELL US HOW TO GO ABOUT GETTING A LETTER LIKE THAT. MY 08' DOESN'T EVEN HAVE 40K YET AND I'M HAVING TRANNY PROBLEMS. MY OHANA WILL APPRECIATE IT. BE SAFE ALL ACADIA OWNERS. MAHALO :lemon: