Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

GMC Acadia Problems and Repairs

Comments

• Options
    dani9dani9 Member Posts: 1
    Bought my car a year age...tire blew out within a month.....water pump went a couple of months after....passenger window wouldn't work most of the time and it runs like it is skipping a gear. From 2 to 5 rpm back to 1 up to 4...crazy and aggreviating. Yesterday the turn signal sound and radio sound went! GM fixed window by the third visit...I have three young kids and teach so going without a vehicle is difficult, they did give me a rental which was a small car:( 3 kids???? Fixed the water pump...but say there is nothing wrong with the engine, also transmition was rebuilt within first three months of me owning it!
  • Options
    gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Member Posts: 1,964
    dani9,

I'm sorry that you've encountered so many difficulties with your Acadia. It sounds as though your vehicle is currently in being worked on by one of our dealerships - please let us know if we can look into anything for you. We can be reached at socialmedia@gm.com. In any case, we hope to hear an update on how everything goes.

All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • Options
    tariq78tariq78 Member Posts: 3
    Dear GM customer service,

I am writing this email after I knocked all doors of your agents here United Arab Emirates(UAE), but seems no answers about the steering problems. As I saw in Edmunds.com & many forums it seems most of Acadia users are suffering from the steering, and till now GMC did not give clear answer at all about this MANUFACTURING DEFECT !!

I bought certified Acadia 2009 SLT-2 from your agent in Dubai (Al Ghandi Auto) in Jan 2012, and I used it till now for 5000 Km only, and really I am really furrstated as I send it back to your dealers (Al Ghandi in Dubai & Bin Hamoodah Auto in Abu Dhabi) for fixing alot of problems, but mainly for the steering part.

It seems you have big problem with steering parts (Rack, pinion, pump.. etc) and it is very obvious it is MANUFACTURING DEFECT and not normal at all.

My car still under warranty but for sure it will end very soon, and I can't spend USD 1500 $ every time the steering become faulty !!!

I need to know what is GMC decision about this MANUFACTURING DEFECT ? Are you planning to recall it and fix it permenantly? Or you will replace the whole car?

Please advise otherwise either I will check how legal is this issue, or I will sell the car.

My car VIN 1GKEV33D99J123265.
  • Options
    I'm sorry to read that you have had so many frustrations, tariq78. I looked up your VIN and did not see any open recalls on your Acadia. Had you already worked with Customer Service within the UAE? You should be able to find contact information for your customer service by visiting http://www.gmcarabia.com/content_data/LAAM/ME/en/GBPME/012/AE/index.html?cntryCd- =AE/; if you already have worked with them, please let us know.

All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • Options
    Dear Sara,

I did what you asked me yesterday and called GMC ARABIA (Case# 1-8759472), however the funny thing they asked me to do is to take it back to one of the agents in UAE and they will check wit them !!! I informed that I will get back to them for a date , but sure I will not; as your agents- as mentioned in my previous email -did their best.

I am being honest with you, hope to have the same from GMC. Please note that I came to know from many employees working with your dealers in UAE that this steering problem still exist in all ACADIA models, even after changing the faulty parts( Rack, pinion, pump, kit.. etc), it will come again in later stage.

My question is very clear Sara: Toyota recalled more than 3-4 million cars world wide and confess that there is problem with their cars and planned to fixed it permenantly if not change it. What about GMC? This steering problem is really safety hazardous, what is GMC plan?

I hope you can get GMC final official reply or bulletin for this matter.
  • Options
    Dear Sara,

Just to inform you that I reiceved a call from your Abu Dhabi dealer (Bin Hamooda Auto), and they are really nice and offered their support. Also the Dubai dealer (Al Ghandi Auto) are good too. But, most probably I am selling the car.

Thanks for the support.
  • Options
    tariq78,

Thank you for letting me know how everything progressed; I understand your decision to sell the vehicle, and I'm sorry that we weren't able to get it resolved for you! Sounds as though you did get some positive support from Customer Service and the dealerships.

Take care,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • Options
    eastcoaster1eastcoaster1 Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2012
    We bought our Acadia new in April 2011. From the time we bought it we were having transmission issues. After repeatedly reporting it to our Dealer and having them basically telling us we were lying about the issues they finally took in into their service department in Oct 2011 and ended up rebuilding the transmission because all the seals were gone. The truck worked good for about a month when the same issues of gears slipping, rough riding, roll back on hills started happening again. Again they wouldn't beleive us because there were no codes appearing on their scanners. I was continuously taking it to them and reporting the issues just to have it noted in the service records. On the weekend just recently we were in an intersection making a left turn across traffic when the transmission decided to slip.( This usually happens without warning) So I am sitting in an intersection with my wife and children in the vehicle and traffic coming towards us and we are helpless. I just kept pushing on the gas hoping it would engage and it finally did just in time. I cross a couple sets of train tracks everyday on my way to work and thank god it hasn't happened while crossing these. Anyways I took it back to my Dealer and told them what happened and they were surprised. They checked the truck and told me it was a faulty wheel speed sensor. They changed it and I took it home. Next day on my way to work the traction control light came on with a warning to service the stabilitrak. I went back to the Dealer and they have had it for a couple of days now. So far they have changed the whole rear drivers hub assembly taken it for a test drive and been told this morning that the anti loc brake module needs to be replaced. My point is why hasn't GM done anything about the problems with these trucks before someone gets killed. I have told the Dealer I do not want the truck back until they can guarantee me that it is safe to drive. Meanwhile they are paying for my rental.
  • Options
    kathleen26kathleen26 Member Posts: 7
    I purchased 2010 Acadia brand new and have never been so disappointed and frustrated. This is my first and last GMC car I will every purchase. I have had more issues with this car than any other car I have ever owned. Everytime I take it in for routine service there are "warranty" issues that need to be addressed. These included problems with power steering, transmission, and oil leaks. What happens when the warrany runs out?? I'll be screwed.
  • Options
    I'm sorry that you are so disappointed with your Acadia, kathleen26; I can certainly appreciate the frustration you must feel with the multiple repairs you have had done. Do you have a current concern that we can assist with?

All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • Options
    I am sorry to read about the very scary situation your family was in, eastcoaster1! Have you opened a case with Customer Assistance yet? If not, we'd be happy to get one started. Please send the following information to us at socialmedia@gm.com: your name/Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership.
    Kind regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • Options
    jpfjpf Member Posts: 496
    Before any one in your family gets hurt, your best decision would be to trade in the vehicle. Maybe GM will give you a break on a Tahoe or another vehicle. Good luck and take care.
  • Options
    anakleon75anakleon75 Member Posts: 23
    OMG!!!! sorry for ur bad experience, thanks and i hope i wont have this kind of exprnce in future fr the time bought back Sept/01/2010, and its AWD/ACADIA/SLT1, purchased new and now got 25000miles, my first issue is the stirring wheel during 5kmiles and they've done it well...and to date i dont have any issues...thanks for posting ur exprnxce and i will keep watching ssues you have since we do have same 2011 model...takecare.
  • Options
    acadiamideastacadiamideast Member Posts: 3
    Good morning, all.
    I am posting from the Middle East. I purchased a 2009 Acadia AWD with SLT2 pack in November of that year. I must say that up until 3 weeks ago my family and I have liked the car.
    After a small traffic accident, and several days later, the check engine light came on so we took the vehicle to the only GMC dealer in the country. Minor body damage was an easy fix.
    Then the service rep called and said the error code was caused by the crankshaft or camshaft reluctor sensor being faulty or shifting. So the engine needs to practically come apart to check.
    Now the fun, because of my work schedule, the dealer did not do all the routine maintenance. Their stance is that since they have an incomplete history of the vehicle, my warranty is now void! Never mind that the bumper-to-bumper is still valid until November of this year!
    My wife and I have done lots of research and it is VERY apparent that the series of engine in the Acadia, as well as other GM lines, has this issue. The service rep showed me the service bulletin regarding this fault.
    My concerns to everyone here are: it seems that this is a known defect whether the vehicle is maintained at a dealer or not, GM obviously knows about it, and it is a long and potentially costly procedure to remedy.
    Granted living oversears my not help my rights as a customer the way we expect in the US, anyone else run into this? If so, how was your experience?
  • Options
    Sarah:

Saw you work for customer service. Can you please check out my post #1673 and I would be happy to message you with specifics!

Sincerely,
    Acadiamideast
  • Options
    Hello acadiamideast,

I read through post #1673 - I'm glad that from the looks of your post that everybody is okay after the accident. I understand why you're frustrated with the warranty matter. The first place I will have to refer you to is Customer Service for your country. I did not see the specific country that you are writing from, but you can find information on GM in your region by visiting http://www.gm.com/toolbar/allGMSites.html.

If, after speaking with Customer Service for your country, you are still dissatisfied, please let us know.
    Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • Options
    Dear Sarah,
    Thank you so much for your response! Appreciate your time! We live in Doha, Qatar and the warranty manager is in Dubai for GM Arabia. We have a 2009 Acadia AWD SLT2 package with 26000 miles on it. The check engine light came on right before a service visit. I was told the error code was the camshaft reluctor sensor had shifted. I was also told that since I did not have all the maintenance done BY THE DEALER that the warranty was void since unapproved facilities did the routine services. We have been paying for a rental car for 3 weeks and our engine has not even been looked at while the warranty discussion has been ongoing . The accident I mentioned was a very minor traffic accident with minimal damage to the passenger doors, simple repainting and new trim pieces. There was no impact to the engine compartment. The check engine light came on two days after the accident.
    Thank you very much for your time and if you need further information I would be gald to send it to you.
    John
  • Options
    Hello John,
    I'm happy to do my best to assist - we're quite limited in how we can help as we're based in the US, though. Since you're in Qatar, you may want to check into this page: http://www.gmarabia.com/content_data/LAAM/ME/ar/GBPME/999/index.html . I see a link in there for GMC in the Middle East.

If you have been working with Customer Assistance already, we can get your information to a department in the US that would be able to look into your situation further. Please send a description of the situation, as well as your name, mailing address, phone number, and the last 8 digits of your VIN to socialmedia@gm.com

All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • Options
    lucieloolucieloo Member Posts: 1
    We are now considering trading in our GMC Acadia after spending over $30,000 to purchase it a couple of years ago for a Honda, Toyota or Subaru. It has been nothing but a disappointment and now I don't trust it. About 6 months ago, we had to have the timing chain replaced and the front headlight fixed because it was leaking. Then about three months ago our SUV started sputtering on the highway. We were told by the GMC dealership that we put in 'bad gas'. It cost us over $250 to have them flush out the system. The car is still doing it no matter what gas we put in it. Then last week the power steering went on it. We've been told that despite the numerous complaints from other Acadia owners about this problem, it's not covered under our powertrain warranty and GMC won't recall the vehicle. Maybe we should all consider a class action law suit...I would highly recommend that buyers stay far away from this horribly unreliable SUV. It's a terrible feeling when you spend this much money on a vehicle and you don't feel safe driving it. Wish we'd gone with the Highlander...
  • Options
    The day after our near miss when I took the truck back to them they told me they were going to open a case file with GM. I don't know if they did or not. Our vin number is BJ293863. We still do not have our truck back and even if they do fix it we do not want it back. Given the recent events we do not feel safe driving it. Since they changed the brake control module they were still finding problems and told me they think it is a faulty wiring harness. They called me last Friday June 1 and told me again they think they have it fixed and asked me if I wanted to test drive it over the weekend. I told them no I don't want it unless they are sure. It is June 4 and I have not heard from them yet. The point is we feel we have been sold a vehicle that is not safe to be on the road and we are afraid to drive it or put our family into it. It is the only vehicle we own and feel we have been taken advantage of by GM for selling this unsafe product. What can we do?
  • Options
    gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    eastcoaster1,
    Thank you for taking the time to post your concerns. Can you please email me directly with your complete contact information including mailing address, VIN, current mileage, and involved dealer? I look forward to your response.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    SocialMedia@GM.com
  • Options
    Done.
  • Options
    edwelledwell Member Posts: 2
    Our '09 Acadia was a great car for the first year we owned it. After that point the car has been in the shop more times than we care to count. We have had the timing chains replaced, major steering issues, really poor gas mileage (13-14 average - I know 10 year old Suburbans that get better mileage), airbag issues, the DVD/Navigation has had to be replaced. This is all before 36,000 miles!! When expressing our dissatisfaction with the car, the service guy at the dealership told us to buy a foreign car.

Now that we are out of the warranty, the back hatch has had issues and nearly killed my son (who happened to be underneath it) as it came crashing down. Apparently both pistons failed at the same time. I really don't think its the great vehicle I once did and feel like I'm waiting for the the next big repair job. NOT a safe car and really don't want to drive in it with my family. What to do?
  • Options
    obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    NOT a safe car and really don't want to drive in it with my family. What to do?

If the vehicle had that many issues during the warranty period, I would dare not keep it past the 36/36 unless of course I had a GM Major Guard extended warranty. It seems that with GM an extended warranty is a must have.

Good luck!!
  • Options
    Good morning edwell,

I'm sorry to read about the multiple concerns you've encountered with your Acadia, especially as one of them may have been dangerous for your son. If we can look into this with you, please email the following information to socialmedia@gm.com: your name/Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership.

All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • Options
    edwelledwell Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for your message! We tried to getting rid of the car before the warranty was over and GM wouldn't help - who would want a young car with all of those issues? They did tell us that they would in fact give us another 3yrs/36000 warranty. Now that we are over 36k, they seem to forget that conversation. The the good Lord we do have an extended warranty. You are right, extended warranty….a MUST.
  • Options
    regnumregnum Member Posts: 2
    I admire you, people! Knowing that Japanese cars are best fit for Middle East, you still opted for an American one! Bying an Acadia, you are buying great set of options and gadgets that no Japanese car has, you're buying one of the largest cargo spaces in the class, you're buying greatest road holding capability. Of course something will go wrong every 20-30000 kms, as long as you drive it! Look at BMWs. The worst reliability ever! They just don't get out of the garage! But the moment you drive it, you are ready to forget the fact that it spent more time in the workshop than on the road, and you had to pay a thousand bucks just to change oil.
    I have had my 2007 Acadia for 2,5 years, done almost 100,000 kms. Yes, it does go for service every now and then, and yes, I had issues witb gearbox, but I knew that would happen long time before I bought it, because car reviews are there to read!
  • Options
    lovegmc1lovegmc1 Member Posts: 37
    For theb2011 Acadia piece of junk, I understand your frustrations, as my old Acura MDX gave some problems, but every car on the market once in awhile makes a lemon, it doesn't mean that the car maker or the specific vehicle is bad. Even with the 2007-2008, I've talked to people who hate them, but have friends who have a 2007 and love it! We have a 2012 and also love it. The acadia was new in 2007 and 2008, and the improvement period was 2009-2010. By 2011, there were less problems than the Acura MDX,(check truedelta) so they have improved by a LOT. :D
  • Options
    kcvkcv Member Posts: 3
    I brought my 2010 Acadia to local dealer to fix steering wheel binding problem that causes the steering freely move about 10 degrees before actually turning the front wheels. This happens when park or driving that makes me nervous while drive the car. The dealer replaced the steering gear, but the problem still the same. I brought the car back to dealer, they replaced the power steering. However, the binding problem is still remaining with addition noise when turning the steering. The service adviser told me that GM recommends driving the car for 30 days the problem will go away. I am not confident with his advice after replaced two different parts and the problem still the same, so I asked him to write the GM recommend on the receipt but he refused!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am not brave enough to drive the car with my kids with steering issue, so I call GM customer service. The customer service Rep. asked me to bring the car back to dealer. However, after hold my car for a day, the service adviser asked me go back to take my car, and told me that they will not to do anything with my car until I driving for 30 days. They also suggested me to bring to another dealer. I call GM customer again, but could not get any help because the Rep. that is assigned on my case was not available.
    I had the Acadia 2010 only 2 year 4 months, but had to bring to GM dealer SEVEN times for safety related problems
    • FOUR times for steering problem (replaced gear twice, gear housing twice, inlet hose, set toe, and power steering bump). Now the problem is still remaining, and need the FIFTH time!!!!
    • Replace brake master cylinder
    • 2 safety recalls
    Could you please advice what should I do? My car still in the dealer and I am not confident to drive the car with steering defective.
  • Options
    jpfjpf Member Posts: 496
    You should probably look at getting rid of the Acadia and get another vehicle.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited June 2012
    so I asked him to write the GM recommend on the receipt but he refused!!!!!!!!!!!

In situations like this, sometimes it's effective to write/fax a letter to the dealer, describe the problem, and tell them that the service writer told you that "the noise will go away and the car is safe to drive" and that you are writing to confirm your understanding since you are concerned that the car isn't safe to drive (steering wheels shouldn't bind) and you aren't comfortable picking the car up from the shop until it's fixed.

Then request them to advise you immediately if your understanding of what the adviser told you is incorrect. If you have a family lawyer, cc them with a copy of the letter. Keep the GM Rep informed too.
    If nothing else, that gives you a paper trail in case the steering fails. Best case, they'll get it fixed right.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    "You should probably look at getting rid of the Acadia and get another vehicle."

Yes. This is probably the best option after the problem is fixed. I have been driving 5 different vehicles, none of them had steering problem before 100K.
    I usually have 5 kids from 5-9 year old in the car. If the steering is failure during driving with them in the car, it could be horrible disaster.

UPDATE: After several calls around and waited for 20 minutes, I got the GM Rep. that is handing my case. His answer were "I can not do any thing....I can not force the dealer to fix......you can drive the car for 30 days as recommend or bring to other dealer."
    Finally, I had to slowly drive my car back home. Not sure what to do next.

Kevin
  • Options
    ktriektrie Member Posts: 15
    I hate to disagree with you but the new Acadias are in fact no different than the older models in terms of reliability. This website is proof of that and the number of 2010 and 2011s that were just at my dealer for non-maintenance service is also proof. I am glad to hear that your vehicle has been trouble free thus far but that is a rarity in terms of the Acadia, regardless of the year it was made.

My transmission went out again for the second year in a row. I just picked it up from the dealer yesterday and I know it will happen again. I have a 2008 SLT2 with 60K miles. I was sitting next to a gentleman who has a 2010 with 32K miles and guess what; his transmission was slipping. We compared notes from leaking sunroofs to steering column issues to weird knocking noises coming from the front end and our stories were incredibly similar; not surprising.

It would be shame for someone to be seriously injured in one of these potential death traps before GM gets the message. This vehicle is a total piece of junk and I have personally talked at least 20 people out of buying one over the past 4 years.
  • Options
    I'm sorry you and the other gentleman are having problems with your acadias, but i have talked to so many people with them(even old ones) and they were problem free. Only one lady with a 2010 complained about it.. They just came out in 2007 and the quirks had to be worked out. There were a LOT of quirks, so it takes a few years to work out.. Regardless, as with any vehicle, they once in awhile make a lemon, which can seem like the car is unreliable, but most of them are fine now.. I have never heard of a 2010 leaking before, so it is probably a lemon.. I don't know for sure, but ours has been out in pooring rain for hours without a single drop in the car. Also, if you turn the steering whheel all the way to the left or right, it makes a grinding-ish noise, so not turning the wheel all the way might help with that. Also, gmc sells so many acadia, if one percent of people have a problem with them,(they sold almost 70,000 in 2011) then that is still 700 problems and 700 unhappy people. The 2010's were still in the fixing period, but still would be better than a 2007-2009. They get better each year, and if you check truedelta.com, you will find out that the 2011 acadia had 31 problems per 100 vehicles, and the 2011 MDX had 37. And only 2-3 percent od people had an issue with it in 2010, and less than 1% in 2011. Even for 2012, they have probably fixed some more, and they are redesigning it for 2013 anyways. and many people have had transmission issues with an MDX, some at 35k miles as well, so it all depends on the car you get.
  • Options
    The "it" I refer to, is power steering issues, but in fact, thanks to the quick handling of our Acadia, we have actually avoided at least three or four definite accidents
  • Options
    obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    Quick handling is with the power steering issues?
  • Options
    No. "steering column issues" and"potential death traps" are what I was responding to. They said that someone may be injured, and that acadias are all going to have power steering issues. I was saying that, even though some do have issues, ours, because it didn't, and has great, reliable handling, avoided us three or four accidents
  • Options
    kathyc5kathyc5 Member Posts: 2
    I also have a 2010 Acadia and have noticed the steering wheel shaking mostly on aceleration and when I reach the speeds of 60-65. I have had the tires rebalanced, but that did not solve the problem. Have you been able to have yours fixed for this issue?
  • Options
    westcoaster6westcoaster6 Member Posts: 1
    Try contacting the BBB Autoline in your state to file a complaint or hire a lawyer. We have had many issues with 2010 Acadia re steering and also feel it is unsafe to drive. The local dealer where we bought it was of no help. We contacted the BBB and currently are looking at a buyback. Hope all works out.
  • Options
    Your problems with vibrations don't seem to common. The only possible things that I can think of are bad alignment of the car, or more likely, the wheels aren't screwed in enough. Open tips helps! Best of luck!
    -lovegmc1
  • Options
    "Try contacting the BBB Autoline in your state to file a complaint or hire a lawyer. We have had many issues with 2010 Acadia re steering and also feel it is unsafe to drive. The local dealer where we bought it was of no help. We contacted the BBB and currently are looking at a buyback. Hope all works out."

Yes. I will try to file my case on BB Autoline. Could you please share with me the status of your case when it update?
    Kevin
  • Options
    kathyc5,
    Thank you for your post. Have you spoke with the dealer regarding your concerns? If not, I would recommend starting there. Please send me an email with your complete contact information, VIN, current mileage, and dealer of choice. I look forward to hearing further from you.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • Options
    On May 30th, I posted my frustrations I have had since I purchased my 2010 Acadia. Well the saga continues. On May 30th, I had the front cover seal repaired and during that repair they discovered the water pump was leaking and needed to be replaced. Well its heading back to the Service Department tomorrow for more repairs. I now have a front end rattle/vibration. To be continued....
  • Options
    At this point, I'm at a loss. Since my post, I have had to schedule another appointment tomorrow because of a brand new problem.
  • Options
    We certainly hope that your appointment tomorrow goes well; if we can look into anything further please don't hesitate to send the following information to us at socialmedia@gm.com: your name/Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 digits of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership.

All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • Options
    Have you been having this looked into by a GM dealership? If so, we're happy to follow up on this with you and them! Let us know.
    Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • Options
    Turns out that the service dept. was unable to pinpoint the exact cause of the noise. However, they did discover that I do have a bad front end strut, strut mount, and axle that needs to be replaced. Just waiting for the parts to come in so I can drop it back off for further repairs.......hopefully tomorrow.
    Just hit 35,000 miles yesterday:(
  • Options
    kathyc5kathyc5 Member Posts: 2
    I just had my Acadia into a different dealer ship. The first dealer re balanced the tires and the shimming still continued. Then I took it to a second dealership yesterday and they road force balanced the tires. $110 later, my Acadia still has a shimmy in the steering wheel at speeds of around 60-65 miles per hour.
    I have 20,000 miles on the vehicle, but this all started at around 15,000 miles.
  • Options
    kathleen26,
    Thank you for taking the time to post your concerns. Please let us know how things go at the dealer or if you continue to experience concerns. I look forward to your post.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    SocialMedia@GM.com
  • Options
    lupe_r49lupe_r49 Member Posts: 7
    Sorry for the late reply. Yes, GM did open a service request. I spoke with Julian and he provided me with Case #71-970718098.

Since my last post, my steering pump has once again needed to be replaced. The GM dealer first stated I needed to pay for the steering replacement. I did have to argue with them, since it was replaced less than a year ago by the same dealership. After some back and forth the dealership agreed to replace the pump at no cost to me. This does not take away the fact that I have spent thousands of $$$$ fixing this vehicle. I continue to be disappointed with the quality of the vehicle and will continue to talk my friends and relatives out of ever purchasing a GMC Acadia.