Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

GMC Acadia Problems and Repairs

Comments

• chaos42chaos42 Member Posts: 23
    OMG i didn't know that the outlook was a part of GMC.i just really feel that they are getting bailout $$$ and the regular guy is getting the shaft.what does can not duplicate customer concern mean.i leased my 07 acadia and basically they say i can not get out of it that it would ruin my credit and i dont want that.everyone i know that has an acadia has a problem.i was told the :lemon: law dosent apply to leases.i want out so bad i can taste it
  • rbellcparbellcpa Member Posts: 9
    I continue to have a problem with power steering in the rain. The service guy says he has ordered a shield that will alleviate the problem. I will let you know if it works. They successfully corrected the water leak issues. I also have a problem with the battery going dead if I listen to the radio for any period of time while the vehicle is not running. They can't duplicate my concern about this. Unfortunate since I paid for a tailgating package.
  • ntellyntelly Member Posts: 10
    When I brought my 07 in for the steering issue, they did change the belt and they ordered the shields for the wheel wells and I think they are changing the power steering hose. It sounds like it whines all the time. It is so annoying. I am bringing it in Tuesday AGAIN. And I swear I only get 10-11 miles per gallon/gas. Can you believe it - when it says you get 19-20. That is bull.
  • txbricklayertxbricklayer Member Posts: 16
    Sorry to hear about the problems lately. Just a note-----my 2008 (16 months old, about 7k miles) Acadia has been flawless except for the missing pig tail antenna at delivery. Mileage in town (average speed about 20mph) is 16+. Highway is 23-26, depending on wind direction.
  • haileebabehaileebabe Member Posts: 9
    Thank goodness; I'm not losing my mind! This is not my worse problem by far with my 2007 Acadia. Several times now my girls will start the movie and only the background music plays and not the words that are being spoken in the movie. Sometimes it takes several 'restarts' to get it to work properly. I didn't know anyone else was having this problem. My worse problem right now is what I witnessed coming home from driving my daughters and 5 other young girls to school this morning: water coming out of the overhead lights whenever I turned!! The 3 girls in the far back seats had a steady stream of water coming down on their school clothes and they were trying to catch the water in each of their hands! The middle lights dripped (quickly), but, imagine my further surprise that by the time I drove the 1 1/2 mile home, MY lights began to drip water onto my stereo area! I have been reading ALL the posts and I've seen a lot about water coming in the door area (I'll be going out to check that when I'm done here). I ran a paper towel around the inside rubber seal of the front & back sunroofs and found no water; so I don't know how the water is getting into the lights. You can actually see the water sitting in the lights. Another 2 problems haves been occurring, but, I've kind of put them in the back of my head; however, now I'm very concerned. Not always, but, when I start the car, be it remote or not, there is a 10-15 second delay of a grinding sound. It sounds kind of like the ignition being turned over again while the car is already running. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? The other issue pertains to the transmission; again, not always, but sometimes the transmission will 'jump' and switch gears when traveling at a steady speed. Is this the same problem everyone has been talking about on these posts? I have to agree about the MPG not being what they advertise. We are an active duty military family that relies STRONGLY on our one vehicle. We have owned the Acadia since June 2007 and the last 6 months, these weird things have been happening. I LOVE our car, but after reading these posts I'm becoming weary. :confuse: :confuse: :confuse:

I forgot one more of those 'back in my head' problems: when using the heated water on the windshield, water doesn't always come out; the wipers just move. Now I know I received a recall notice about the heated water system and I will most definitly have it taken care of.
  • hottrodd1968hottrodd1968 Member Posts: 1
    I bought my 2009 Acadia on Jan.2, 2009 and had a couple of issues. I first noticed a small slice in the rear leather seat (not a big issue... but none the less, should not be there on a new car). I also didn't have dome lights when I entered the car. Since they had installed a remote start after the car had arrived at the dealership, I thought maybe the wiring was crossed or something. They ended up correcting the dome light issue... and repairing the leather seat. When I saw the repair job, I insisted on a new seat cover since the repair was done poorly. In addition, whoever did the repair, sprayed something that darkened the leather and the armrest. As if that weren't enough, whatever chemical they were using caused a discoloration in the 3rd row seat where they would be sitting (probably from a rag they rested on the seat). All this didn't cause me as much stress as having to find my brand new car completely dead a few days ago. I had them tow it to the dealership and found that the battery couldn't hold a charge. I then realized that I had seen signs of what was to come just days before when I would start my car and have a brief lull. Their explanation was that though it was a new car, the battery may have been fairly old. I know that warranty covers all these hiccups but the loss of time, aggravation, and having to clean up someone else's mess when you get your car back leaves a bad taste in your mouth. And the best part... I cannot open my windows fully because of this massive whooshing/pulsing sound that can burst my ear drums. I'm very disappointed that I'll have to live with this for the life of the car. They keep telling me that because of the design of the vehicle, I will get this vibrating painful feeling if I open the windows. So beware if you're the type that likes to drive with windows down. This car will not be for you.
    Don't get me wrong... it's a beautiful car, very roomy, and fun to drive... but when you start off with little mishaps, you wonder if more are to come. I'll have to wait and see how well the dealership will take care of the leather seat situation... and while I'm there next, I'll suggest that their mechanics not only cover the interior where they sit and work, but to remove parts out of the car once they're finished with the repair. My interior is light grey leather and carpet. They left black smudges on my seats and floor (since the battery is located in the floor board behind the passenger seat). I had to get carpet cleaner and I still couldn't get the gunk off. I'll make sure I point it out to the dealership and have them detail it. I have 2 kids and never had this much staining going on.
    I hope I won't have to update this blog any time soon... but one never knows!
    :(
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    massive whooshing/pulsing sound that can burst my ear drums

That is an issue common to many makes and models and is certainly not specific to the Acadia or even to GM. The irony is that it is a result of streamlining the vehicle to optimize fuel consumption. Streamlining reduces wind resistance but, combined with large surface area windows, leads to intense and rapid pulsation of air pressure in the cabin when windows are open.

And regarding the battery problem, that is not specific to Acadia or GM either. It's just the nature of "scheduling," which is not always perfect, along with trying to keep production costs down.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • safety9285safety9285 Member Posts: 88
    If you have a sun roof, that is where the water is coming from.
  • star15star15 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2008 Acadia (I got it 5 months ago brand new), it has about 4,000 miles on it. We have already had to replace the driver and passenger windows,they think there was a defect in the moldings causing 8 inch scratches on the windows. The winshield had a leak, water would pour in the top of the windshield, and now we have a leak coming in an soaking the passenger floor. We do not have a sunroof, so I don't know what the problem is. Also, each time it goes in for service, it comes back in worse shape! The first time they were replacing the driver window, we picked it up in the evening when the service dept. was closed, the window they said they replaced was inoperable, they scratched the car under the window they "fixed" and left a screw out of the door panel on the seat of my car, and I was sitting on it! The next time it went in, they broke the cap off of my airbag, and threw it on the seat of my car, and never mentioned it to me! I have been in touch with everyone at the dealershi....service advisor, service manager, owner of the dealership, as well as GM. I have documented everything, even the time we spent travelling to and from the dealership each time (total of 10 hours), time spent on the phone with all of these people etc. This does not fall under the lemon law in New York (has to be the same issue 4 times) but I would think there would be some action I could take. GM says they are willing to compensate me, but I am not sure what they are thinking, and I told them I am not yet ready to be compensated...until the new leaking issue is resolved. I also just received all of the info for Lemon LAw from the Attorney Generals office, it doesn't fall under Lemon Law yet, but there is a complaint form I can fill out.
    I bought a new car so I would have reliability, and so far 2 out of the 5 months I have owned the Acadia, it has been in and out of the shop! Does anyone know of any other steps I should take to ensure proper compensation? At this point should I contact a lawyer? It is sad that you spend so much on a vehicle, and the quality sucks! I love the vehicle, but these manufacturer problems are a huge issue, and GM is sure to go under if they don't take better care of their customers. I wonder if their quality control is lacking due to all of the money problems they are having! Either way, they are sure to lose business if they don't fix these issues! I was told by the service advisor these are all "fixable" issues, and at least these are not mechanical issues! I don't care what the issues are, they should not be happening, and I should not have to drive around in a brand new car that has already been fixed this many times and had soaking wet carpet! It also makes you wonder if there have been this many problems already, what am I looking at down the road?
    I have now told them I will no longer drop the car off, they are picking it up from my house, and leaving me a rental car (at their expense). I refuse to waste any more time driving to the dealership!
  • wt3lwt3l Member Posts: 1
    A friend of mine works for a GM dealership and told me the Acadia's especially the ones with 2 sunroof have a major problem from the factory!!! Seems there is a hose that connects to both sunroofs and this hose drains the water away. BUT!!! MANY MANY Acadia's left the factory with the connecting hose uncoupled! Thus it will leak.

Anyone have this problem???
    How long will it take to fix this connection??? Please e-mail me @ gkj1953@frontiernet.net I'm not able to be here very often.
    thanks.
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    I'm not able to be here very often.

It takes just seconds to check in while taking it to email deprives everyone else of valuable information and tends to defeat the purpose of a Forum. :)

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
    There have been posts on the Acadia forum since the Acadia came out talking about leaks around the front doors (fix is to adjust door hinges) and the sunroofs. I have a 2007 without sunroofs (don’t like them) and had the door leaks but was easily fixed. I have a friend with an identical Acadia (right down to the big tires and color) except he got the sun roofs. First big rain the roofs leaked. It was so bad they had to pull the seats and replace the carpet.
    So to answer your question, the leaking sunroof is a common problem.
    :(
  • my3dwarfsmy3dwarfs Member Posts: 1
    I drove off the lot in my brand new '07 only to be back at the dealership 3 days later. nothing electronic working. I didn't have my car for about 4 days till they could figure out what was wrong. Guess what? Its back in the dealership and they can't figure out whats wrong again! I am so frustrated beyond words. Last American car I'll ever spend my money on again!
  • harpmom03harpmom03 Member Posts: 4
    The shield wont help. They have replaced this on mine and it still happens. I have been caught with my 3 daughters in the car with me and trying to turn in my driveway from a very busy road and got stuck in the road with no steering. Luckily there were no cars coming. I am furious because I am now scared to drive my $30,000 vehicle in the rain!!!
    Anyone having steering issues, report GMC!! This is an ongoing problem and I am sick of driving a $30000 plus vehicle that when it rains I have no power steering!!

Dear Ms. Harper:

I am writing you in regards to your complaint against General Motors Corporation.

The BBB’s Auto Line Division handles complaints that allege manufacturer defects on automobiles. We are forwarding your complaint to BBB Auto Line for processing:

BBB Auto Line

Council of Better Business Bureaus, Inc.

4200 Wilson Boulevard Suite 200

Arlington, VA 22203

WWW: http://www.bbb.org

Email: contactdr@council.bbb.org

Phone: (800) 955-5100

Any inquiries regarding the status of your complaint should be directed to Auto Line. Please allow Auto Line 45-60 days for processing of your complaint
  • thepasthepas Member Posts: 11
    While I am generally very pleased with my 2007 Acadia (OK, it took 3 batteries to finally get one that held the charge at -40C) I wish to share a recent problem. I was driving in town at 30 kph when I heard a loud bang and grinding noise under my Acadia. I stopped and looked under my vehicle thinking an ice chunk might have wedged in a wheelwell, but saw nothing. When I started up again, the engine ran well but I heard a slight grinding noise. As I was only 2 blocks from my dealership I drove there slowly and parked to ask for a mechanic's opinion. We looked under the vehicle and saw that the front end drive shaft had detached from the axel and was hanging down to the ground. It caused a bit of a stir among the mechanics!! They think that somehow the bolts holding the drive shaft to the axel flange (?) worked (or were) loose and at some point the torque snapped all 6 bolts off. A replacement drive shaft was ordered from the USA 10 days ago. I am still waiting. Lesson learned here: when you have an oil change, tell the mechanic to check these bolts to make sure they are tight.
  • alman08alman08 Member Posts: 282
    after many years of automoblie designing and engineering, we're seeing problems of leaky sunroofs and windows? wow... maybe GM should do us all a fav and just fold it up. no more loan from the government... no more headache.
    Now, they have replaced the power steering pump and the belt and tensioner. Guess what, IT IS STILL HAPPENING!! No power steering in the rain!!! Now they are trying a last ditch effort replacing the gear that hooks to the axle that goes up into the column. GM is now contacting me about trying to settle this matter because I have contacted the Better Business Bureau. The only thing i will accept is take the piece of junk back!!!!!!! If anyone else is having this problem, please contact me
    this sounds very sinilar to what happened to my vehicle my left wheel came off.at the dealership they make you think you did something they want you to second guess yourself,but there product is garbage.they don't want to pay.i had to call my insurance for something that was not my fault 7,795.00 worth of not my fault im so glad i leased.when i go to turn it in they better not even think of asking me if i want to buy this junk. :mad:
  • 5gems5gems Member Posts: 1
    I checked out the lemon law today. Go online and you can check it. It said it does apply to leases, but it has to be withing the first two years or 18000 miles, whichever comes first. It gives you the entire process of filing.
    thanks i called the BBB and immediately GMC called so they said the lemon law does also apply to leases and they would look into it. Now the car has a knocking from the front end area and it is pulling to the left side thats the side that the tire fell off. i want out of this lease i'm paying 618.45 a month for this and its not fair. i'm afraid to drive the car alone.i'm scared something will happen and i cant live like this. :mad: :lemon: i have 25k miles and i make 2 years 6/09 i hope that wont be a problem
    :sick: i don't know what else to say about this 2007 acadia.now the stabilizer bar needs to be replaced and the shocks are cracked in the inside and are leaking.once again i have to take time off work to take it over to the dealership.when the left wheel fell off they were supposed to notice these things.on the work order a stabilizer bar was replaced in january and it needs to be fixed again.i had it out with GMC they offered to pay one month car note and a year of free ONSTAR.what do i need with that.the car is a piece of crap.i told the lady i will get back to her,and everytime she calls i dont answer.i called a lawyer they say i have a lemon.i will keep you guys posted
  • enquirerenquirer Member Posts: 1
    I'm an owner of an Acadia SLT AWD 2009. I bought it in December 2008, come January 2009, central lock won't open nor close. I got it checked and the authorized dealer said the SENSOR needed to be changed. So they did. 24 hours later, same problem. Is anyone having this problem? Any suggestions?
  • firegirl_72firegirl_72 Member Posts: 2
    I have had my Acadia for about 18 months and for the most part...I love it. However, I have recently had a couple of issues that I can't seem to get fixed. There have been 5 or 6 occaisions when I will turn the car off and remove the keys, but the car continues to run. It runs for about 30 seconds and then begins to cough and sputter until it finally chokes itself out. Of course I took it to the dealership as soon as it happened, but they "couldn't reproduce the problem" so they say there isn't anything to fix. I've also experienced a problem with the heater. The drivers side was blowing freezing cold air even with the temperature set on 90 degrees. The passenger side and back were blowing hot. The dealership's solution was to turn the car off and restart it. While this did fix the problem (after 3 or 4 tries) it is not convenient to pull over on the side of the highway to restart your $35,000 car so you don't get hypothermia driving to work. As I said, I really love my car but these nuisance problems that I can't seem to get fixed are driving me crazy.
    On another note, I have the dual sunroofs and have not experienced any leaking (knock on wood). Maybe I got lucky on that topic... :)
    Has anyone else experienced the "possessed" car running after you turn it off? I'm hoping maybe someone else's dealership has been able to locate the problem.
  • lotharslothars Member Posts: 1
    We have a 2008 Acadia with 2 sunroofs and the leaking in this vehicle is unbelievable. When in rains (or when it snows and then melts) water will drip in so bad that the carpet on the drivers side is absolutely soaked. The dealership tried to fix the sunroof, but it made it worse. Now we have leaking in the rear coming through the dome light. It also leaks from the handle you grab to help enter the vehicle. So far no satisfaction from the dealer, though it has been in for service at least a half dozen times. We've also had power steering problems and electronic problems. At $47,000, no doubt the worst vehicle I have ever owned.
    I have an 07 and mine leaked too the same exact as yours. First it was the front then I had the dome light thing too. The dealer had to hook up the drain tubes; they weren't hooked up from the manufacturing. It did solve it but I also had to have the tv screen replaced. It went black; I am assuming from water. Haven't had a water problem since but I have had other problems. I do like the car despite all of the things I have to bring it back for. Right now my tail hatch won't stay open all the time. I have already brought it there once for that and now it has to go again but I don't feel like dropping it off until I have something else. I also too right now have a sound from the front end. I want my husband to check it out before I call them so I have a heads up on what it is. (He is a mechanic; but he pays for bumper to bumper so he doesn't have to fix my car; no time LOL) I have had the steering problems in the rain; but they fixed that. They also had to put shields in the wheel wells for that too. I've had all the recalls on the windshield wiper stuff, transmission, and air bag recall. I think there is more things that I have brought it back for but can't think of them now. Someone hit me 7 mos after I had it too so that didn't help. Never been in an accident before I was so mad to give up the car again.
    all i can say to everyone keep all of your receipts so if you need to sue they cant say anything because you have proof,and what transmission recall??? i haven't heard of that one as yet
    I think they may have had to re-program the computer so it shifts at a different point than what it was. Makes me wonder if that is why I have bad fuel mileage now; not sure if it was better before they did that. That was one of the first recalls so it was awhile ago. Maybe it was only the 07's. It had a slow leak too. My husband noticed it had been leaking almost right away. Unreal.
  • smokeymollysmokeymolly Member Posts: 1
    I went to a GMC dealer to test-drive a new Acadia. The first car's battery was dead, so we tried another new Acadia. Same problem: dead battery. The sales person said someone must have left the lights on. I am going to try again today but is this something I should be concerned about? Two dead batteries on two brand new Acadias???
  • thepasthepas Member Posts: 11
    I had the dealer replace the battery in my 2007 Acadia twice before I got one that could last during a cold winter. The story I heard was that there was a poor batch of batteries used by GM and these were only replaced as needed.
    I WILL SAY IT ONCE AGAIN MOVE ON!!!!!! TEST DRIVE SOMETHING PER SAY FORIEGN. DON'T SAY YOU WERE NOT WARNED. THE WRITING IS ON THE WALL 2 DEAD BATTERIES WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED TO SEE!!! :confuse:
  • mckrobmckrob Member Posts: 2
    I am having the same problem with my '07 Acadia right now... I turn off the inglition, remove the key and the engine continues to run. It first happened night before last. It ran for a little wile, then quit. I locked up the car and went in for the night. The next morning, It wouldn't start and I couldn't get the key out of the ignition.. no power at all. I called the dealer and they said to try jumping it. Waiting for a friend to arrive with jumper cables, I noticed a strange clicking noise under the hood. I called the dealer back and they said to just have it towed. The tow truck arrived and the guy said to put it in neutral. Of course, the shift lever was locked in park. He said that since it is all-wheel drive, he would have to drag it, wheels locked, up the ramp. I said absolutely not, as doing this would likely break something else. :mad: He connected jumper cables and it started right up, as if there was never a problem. At that point, I was now out $40 to the towing company. I drove it to the dealer and they found nothing wrong. The same thing happened tonight. The car is dead again, and I have appointments first thing in the morning. This is extreamely irritating, and I have about had it with tis vehicle. This is not the only problem. The sun roof leaked, and they "fixed" it under the recall program. Now, after heavy recent rain, it is leaking worse than before, and in more places than before. I am wondering if the leak is causing a short in the electrical system somehow. I have also had problems with clunky noises, whining noises when idling, when turning the steering wheel, and tryng to maintain a consistant speed on the highway. You have terrible visibility out the rear window when backing up, because the window is high up. The chrome around the front AC vents blinds me when the sun hits it in the rhight place, My warranty is expired, and I have four more years to pay it off. Full of complaints, aren't I?
  • amyfloamyflo Member Posts: 2
    I too have a horrible steering problem with my 2007 Acadia in the rain and it is a safety concern. We had heavy rain yesterday and on my way out of the parking lot the battery lost power, the whining started and I had no power in my turn. I almost ended up in an accident, which is unacceptable. Then, the whining continued to get louder, the battery power dropped, the check engine light came on and then I smelt burnt rubber. I was scared for my safety driving home. This is over the 3rd time this has happened and the 3rd time I will be taking it back in. No, they did not find the problem and could not re-create it. They just replaced the battery because it wouldn’t turn over. I also have the double sunroof and had leakage in the front but they fixed that. I do love my Acadia but this particular steering problem has me concerned for my family and friends safety. We shall see what the dealership says again. I am so glad there is a forum; I am not the only one.
  • amyfloamyflo Member Posts: 2
    Yes, I too am having this problem. I just posted a message #396 stating my problem. I just contact GM and they will be following up with the dealership technician tomorrow. I was not about to drive it today, it is suppose to rain. I will be dropping the vehicle off for service tomorrow. I should not be scared to drive my vehicle in the rain. Please let me know what happens.
  • wlbrown9wlbrown9 Member Posts: 867
    Why were you out $40 to the towing company? That should be covered under roadside assistance which should run for 5 years/100,000 miles. Just curious.

bill
  • mckrobmckrob Member Posts: 2
    Thanks, I will look into the roadside assistance. I didn't enjoy paying the money up front, considering.
  • acadiaowner3acadiaowner3 Member Posts: 1
    My 2007 Acadia has popping/clicking/whining sounds when I am steering slowly in the parking lots, etc. I have had it in shop numerous times but nothing has helped. Has anyone had this problem and gotten it fixed????
  • loachloach Member Posts: 246
    Yes, I had the same problem and the shop diagnosed as a mismachined bearing in the steering column. They replaced the steering column and problem was solved.
  • aircooled1aircooled1 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 07 GMC Acadia with just over 70,000 Kilometers.... recently, the front end has become unsafe when travelling on uneven or bumpy roads. The entire front end feels like is floating and detached from the vehicle. You feel every bump through the sloppy steering rack and its getting worse. Over the phone to a GM Service Tech, they say that it needs new front struts at a cost of $1000 parts and labour. Any other owners have the same issues and response from GM? At 70,000 Kilometers or 43,000 Miles driving mostly on paved roads, it shouldn't need new struts
  • firegirl_72firegirl_72 Member Posts: 2
    I was finally able to get a diagnosis for the car that won't die. The dealership had to replace an ignition sensor of some kind. They said the computer wasn't getting the signal that the ignition had been turned off. This is what was causing the car to continue to run after it was turned off. The problem seems to be resolved for now. I will try to find out the exact name of the sensor so if you encounter this problem again and the dealership can't re-create it, you'll know what to tell them. For the moment, I think I'm complaint free (knock on wood!)! :D
  • lat05lat05 Member Posts: 3
    I own a 2008 Acadia AWD and also experienced poor mileage initially but now that the engine is broken in and I've owned it for a while (22000 miles on it) I'm averaging 18-20 mpg.
    Yes, I had that same thing happen to me just 2 weeks ago. I literally had the key in my hand out of the ignition and the engine was still running. They replaced the ignition switch and I haven't had a problem since.
    I too have experienced the dreaded leaky sunroof as have MANY other Acadia owners. I just got it back last night from the dealer-- this was the 4th attempt to solve the leaking issue. They discovered the leak was coming from the stationery sunroof in the back of the car even though the water always leaked down the passenger side on the floor, through the grab bar, sun visor and dome lights. I had an indoor sprinkler in my car. We had heavy rain today and so far no leaks. However, i am still contacting GM and the BBB about this car and all it's problems. We Acadia owners have all paid too much for a vehicle which clearly has serious design flaws that could potentially ruin the electrical system! Has anyone tried the Buyback program? If so, what is involved?
    yes i have had that problem. after my front left wheel fell off and they had my vehicle for a month the struts were cracked and the stabilizer bar needed to be replaced and they fixed the stabilizer bar when the wheel fell off and had to do it again i'm so tired of going to the dealer.now the steering wheel shakes when you drive. i leased so when i complain they just say bring it in.i'm in the process of trying to get them to buy this mess back.GM is of no help i had to get a lawyer.GM offered to pay one month car note and pay the onstar for one year for my troubles i never responded i just called a lemon lawyer :lemon:
  • snwelshsnwelsh Member Posts: 1
    i have a 2008 acadia that had this problem - and i actually did not notice.
    I had it in the shop having a leaky transmission fixed (you name the problem, this car has had it!). When they were finished with it and the service manager drove it around to me, she noticed the popping. She turned around and took it back to the technician.
    The steering column was replaced - twice. It does not pop and click anymore.
  • manufan1manufan1 Member Posts: 26
    I believe I had this problem for the first year. It happened only when driving slow and made turns. I brought it to dealership and a mechanic tested it with me and he said it is because of the new thread of the tires and they couldn't do anything.... One and a half year passed, that sound gone, I haven't heard it for long time.
  • jwalsh9100jwalsh9100 Member Posts: 1
    My 2007 GMC Acadia suddenly has an intermittent buzzing on the AM radio. Anything I can do? Is my GMC dealer set up to fix this or should I go to a car audio shop? I have 55,000 miles so it's out of warranty.

Thanks.
  • sbh3sbh3 Member Posts: 2
    Did you ever find out about the fuel smells coming from the vents. Going through the same thing with same response from the dealers.
    I have a 2007. No issues. One problem that just came up with ~50K miles.
    The dealer noticed a Transmission Oil Leak when they were doing a regular oil change. When they went to fix it they said it had something to do with the seal on the torque converter. Anyway, they fixed it as a power train warranty item at no charge. No problems since then. They did say they have seen this problem on a few of the older Acadia's like mine.
    The real scary thing about this problem is that you will not find a a leak on the driveway. The leak happens at highway speeds and mostly disappates into the air. What they noticed was that the underside of the car had a film on it. When they checked the stick I was over a quart of transmission fluild low and no spot on the drive way. Other week or another trip and I would have lost the transmission. :sick:
  • coltsfancoltsfan Member Posts: 13
    I did not get anything resolved from the dealer. They couldn't seem to notice the same smell we were!!! ( Imagine that!!) We hated to do it ---- but we traded the Acadia. Broke my heart to do it, but we were getting really close to having to buy an extended warranty to get thing fixed which should have been covered &/or fixed under the original warranty. Couldn't see spending $$ for an extended warranty & then more $$ for the deductibles on the repairs. Maybe, if GM survives & can get thing corrected on the Acadia, we'll look into maybe buying another one, but I'd have to be completely satisfied that all -- & I mean all -- the issues had been resolved!! I really miss that car, it was wonderful to drive!!