Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota RAV4 2008

124»

Comments

• wwestwwest Member Posts: 10,706
    Your dealer is "blowing smoke", lots of smoke.

There is more profit in it for the dealer if he sells low grade aftermarket leather upholstery vs ordering it from the factory.

Be leery, VERY LEERY...!!!
  • gleen6191gleen6191 Member Posts: 80
    hi, can you email me the inof on the 2009 to [email protected] please as I cannot find any info out there.

Thanks.

G-Man
    can you email me the pixs please to [email protected]

thanks!
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    can you email me ...

That would deprive others of valuable information and defeat the purpose of a public Forum.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
    well then can you tell me how to find them exactly or post them here please. thanks.
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    can you tell me how to find them exactly or post them here please

Your first request for email was a reply to Thompkins who was asking a question. He was not providing information. His questions were subsequently answered so any request for email is moot.

Your second request was to Mackabee who answered Thompkins question and, in his reply, stated that he had posted pictures in his carspace. Click on his name in the byline of any of his postings and you will find a link to his carspace.com page. Again, the request for email is superflous.

In either case, additional information related to those issues should be posted here for the benefit of those following the discussion rather than being exchanged in private email.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • hank119hank119 Member Posts: 39
    My post #156 asked about dealer installed leather. As an update to this question I'd like to report on our experience with dealer installed leather on our new Limited V6 Rav4.
    The dealer "installed" Katskin leather (a national brand) was a perfect match to the taupe interior of our vehicle and was high quality material. The installation was actually performed by a local leather shop and included the replacement of the fabric door panels with leather. The quality of the installation was very good. It was not as good as my factory installed leather on our 2008 Honda Accord which was excellent.
  • hank119hank119 Member Posts: 39
    We have dealer installed step-tubes on our 2008 Rav4 V6 Limited. They were supposed to help my wife get in and out of the vehicle. They don't. Maybe we don't know how to use them. Before we got the tubes she was using the handle over the door to lift herself into the vehicle butt first. She would leave the vehicle by sliding out till her feet touched the ground.
    With the step tubes, she tries to step up and into the car. however the tubes are too high off the ground for her to step up on them. The dealer says they can't be lowered.
    As a result she's back to the old technique but now she's hindered by the step tubes. They get in her way sliding out of the vehicle.

I've tried using them and my head is way over the roof of the vehicle when I step on the tube. To get into the vehicle I next place my right foot on the floor and crunch my body to swivel into the seat without banging my head. It's a lot easier without the step tubes.

Are we perhaps using them improperly ?

They're chromed stainless tubes and they look great on the vehicle but they seem to be functionally useless.
  • sdc2sdc2 Member Posts: 780
    I have to say I never understood step tubes on a RAV...it just don't seem to be any higher off the ground than a car near as I can tell (haven't owned a car for 20 years though)...it is certainly much lower than any other traditional SUVs that I have owned. Your wife must be pretty small to need them...she should try my off-road truck, she would need a ladder for that one!
  • picard12picard12 Member Posts: 55
    Does leather package increase cushion of the seats? Can you request additional cushion added to front seats?
  • bdymentbdyment Member Posts: 573
    Unfortunately step tubes or bars seem to be only for looks and that is questionable. Are running boards available for the 2008? They would provide more width and a easier step into the vehicle.
  • mpegmpeg Member Posts: 1
    HI all,

Bought a 2008 V6 Limited in august and experiencing vibrations and Drone noise since, Forst i tought is was the balancing of the tires but did not solve the problem after 3 balancing of the summer and winter tires...Than I found the TSB about the Drone and vibration problem even if my car as been produce after the VIN shown on the TSB...I'm waiting to see if Toyota Canada will change the 4WD assembly. I'll keep you posted. I'f you have any comments on that please RSVP.

Thanks,

mpeg
  • helenlhelenl Member Posts: 1
    I have the exact same noise in my 2008 RAV4 as described in TSB ST001-08. The TSD applies only to 2006-07 RAV4s. Has anyone else experienced this problem in a 2008 RAV4?
  • azorglubazorglub Member Posts: 43
    Does anybody know whether the wheel tray hitch mounted bike rack fit on the RAV4 with the swinging door.
    Bike rack like this one: http://www.yakima.com/racks/bike-racks/product/8002433/holdup-(2-receivers-only).aspx

I test drove a RAV4 and really liked it, but the bike rack is a deal killer if it does not fit.
  • bobgofastbobgofast Member Posts: 3
    At 106,000 miles, my blower motor was weak. I thought about replacing it so I looked beneath the passenger side dash to check access to the mounting screws. One was beneath the glove box lid, so I opened the lid and slightly bent the plastic surrounding the box assembly so the stoppers would clear the dash piece. Then the box opened further forward than normal. At that point I could see that there was an air intake up in the underside of the dash behind the glovebox lid. And there were paper napkins from a fastfood restaurant sucked up against the intake! I removed the napkins (and a nice pair of sunglasses I lost) and popped the lid back into position. You guessed it - the blower works GREAT! The intake was blocked and that was the only problem! No more napkins or loose papers allowed in my glovebox now!
  • typesixtypesix Member Posts: 321
    That air intake is likely the intake used when in Recirculation Mode, otherwise that intake is closed.
  • wwestwwest Member Posts: 10,706
    Many of us use recirculate mode pretty much exclusively during the summer months.
  • typesixtypesix Member Posts: 321
    As it should be, to reduce gas usage and reduce AC load.
  • bobgofastbobgofast Member Posts: 3
    Right you are wwest. It is the recirc air intake. I live in Arizona and it can be 105 to 115 degrees F here for three months from mid-June to mid-Sept. It doesn't do any good to try to cool the "fresh" air from outside. Cooling the recirculated air is the ONLY way to go. Don't feel too sorry for me though. The average temp in January is 68 degrees.
This discussion has been closed.