Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Mazda CX-9 Trip Meter / MPG / DTE

tsmdragontsmdragon Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Mazda
A coworker just purchased a 2007 Mazda 3 and was telling me how he found a hack to unlock the trip meter and mpg calculations and all that good stuff. That got me wondering about the same on my CX-9. I looked in the owners manual and can't seem to find anything about it. Does the CX-9 not have a computer that tracks your gas mileage, distance to empty, etc? I would think that if the Mazda 3 has it, why wouldn't the CX-9? I have the Grand Touring model.

P.S. The hack he used did not work on the CX-9; instead it messed up my radio presets and clock. No biggie; just wanted to state that so it's not suggested for me to try that hack.

Comments

• Options
    tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    to unlock the trip meter and mpg calculations and all that good stuff

Why would you want to do that?

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • Options
    brickfrenzybrickfrenzy Member Posts: 38
    Because it's fun to have real-time MPG calculations as you're driving. That was one of my favorite random little features of my now-gone Passat.
  • Options
    sssfegysssfegy Member Posts: 132
    I also have it on my A4 with 100k on it, and it does not work anymore it needs $1500 to get it to work! Good for you trading before it went out. Plus it was not accurate, it was fun the first couple of weeks though. It's one less chip to worry about.
  • Options
    dashbbdashbb Member Posts: 119
    http://www.scangauge.com/
    Pretty resonably priced too. $169.95 shipped directly from manufacturer.

• Options
    pulleydogpulleydog Member Posts: 61
    dashbb - I would love to know if you actually purchased and installed this on your CX-9.

If so, let us know about your experience and whether you think it does a good job - especially with the Avg MPG calculation.
    Thanks!
  • Options
    hondakidhondakid Member Posts: 17
    Any updates on Scan Gauge usage guys??
  • Options
    maarulavmaarulav Member Posts: 3
    There are reports of ScanGauge usage on CX-9 at http://www.mazdas247.com forums.
  • Options
    cericceric Member Posts: 1,092
    Thanks. It seems that people who have it on their CX9s really like it.
  • Options
    cericceric Member Posts: 1,092
    Rumor has it that the missing trip computer shall be standard on '09 CX9s.
  • Options
    maltbmaltb Member Posts: 3,572
    I've heard the same.
This discussion has been closed.