Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Left side mirror

biningertabiningerta Member Posts: 6
edited March 2014 in Lincoln
My car was vandalized and they could not get the mirror off. They snapped the screw that keeps it on. It is just hanging from the wires! You guys have been great before for help!!!! How can I find the screw to fix it????? It is a 2000.

Comments

• Options
    akirbyakirby Member Posts: 8,062
    Is that a trick question? DEALER.
  • Options
    No it is not a trick question. Do I need to replace the whole mirror or just the part that it connects too!!!!!
  • Options
    akirbyakirby Member Posts: 8,062
    That's what you need to ask the DEALER. They have the parts diagrams and schematics, not us.
  • Options
    scootertrashscootertrash Member Posts: 698
    Sounds like a trick question to me.
    From where I'm sitting, I can't see what part broke.
  • Options
    bentonbesorebentonbesore Member Posts: 2
    I know this has nothing to do with your predicament ... but I saw one of your other posts about the interior lights of your car not turning off while you are driving. This just happened to me and I am getting the run around from the dealerships. What exactly was the problem with your car and what was done to remedy the problem. If anybody else can provide insight it would be greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    This might sound weird but a Garage that I take my car to told me to do this and it worked... I left my lights on for a whole 24 hours, then I turned them off and they stayed off while driving and they work like they should. I have had no problem since with them.. My garage saw it happen before and could not find anything wrong.. What causes it who knows but that worked for me.. The garage said they did have to replace the dimmer switch on some ones that had the same problem and it fixed it... My Lincoln Ls is a 2000.. The one with the dimmer switch was a 2006.
    Good luck!
  • Options
    mike282mike282 Member Posts: 1
    I was driving along and and my mirror just popped out it was hanging by the wire before it dropped, so everything including the wires is all ok i just need the plate and mirror that connects to the wire and snaps back in place,where can i get that for cheap or do you guys have any other ideas? thanks in advance
This discussion has been closed.