Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

help on sti makes

shortcshortc Member Posts: 3
edited March 2014 in Subaru
hi. i own a nissan micra it goes hard but my dream car is the wrx sti... upon browsing used car sites i came across the sti evo 1 - 6 ..... iv never herd of that ...... im tryin to do my research. i dont want to buy my dream car n be dissapointed, any suggestions?

Comments

• ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    STi is the Subaru WRX model, EVO it the Mitsubishi Lancer based car.

I don't think those EVOs were ever sold in the USA. The EVO X is about to come out, I think we only got the EVO VIII and EVO IX.
  • shortcshortc Member Posts: 3
    ummm ok so the wrx evo is is kinda a cross between the subaru wrx and the mitubishi lancer evo......?
    whats the better car to get a straight wrx sti or the wrx evo ?
  • merrycynicmerrycynic Member Posts: 340
    Not OK. There is no such thing as a wrx evo.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    There's : Subaru Impreza WRX
    There's: Subaru Impreza WRX STI (or STi).
    There's: Mitsubishi EVO (or Evolution) based on Mitsubishi's Lancer.
    And never do the Subaru and Mitsubishi meet, except to compete against other.
    There's: other variations of the Subaru Impreza.
    There's: other variations of the Mitsubishi Lancer.
    There's no overlap between these manufacturer's models either.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Yep.

Lancer -> Ralliart -> EVO -> EVO RS. All Mitsu products. The new one shares a platform with the Dodge Caliber, Mitsu Outlander, and Jeep Patriot and Compass.

Impreza -> Outback Sport -> WRX -> WRX Limited -> WRX STI -> STI Limited. All Subaru products. The Saab 9-2x was sold as a clone but it's out of production. It shares a platform with the Forester, but that's it.

Each group is completely seperate, and they're basically arch rivals with a sole purpose in life to defeat the other.
  • shortcshortc Member Posts: 3
    ok, i was speakin to a guy at work n he did say that their is an sti evo- the evo is the evolutionary model.....not tryin to start a fight but that model came up on a car search site..
  • jphunkjphunk Member Posts: 1
    I was looking at a TURBOSX Utec computer for my 06 wrx wagon, Its for the STI, I was wondering if this would work on my car? The computer is for a 06 STI and I have a wrx. If any one knows about this product let me know.
  • paisanpaisan Member Posts: 21,181
    No the Turbo XS Utec won't work on the WRX. Different engines. What are you trying to accomplish with your WRX in terms of power? What other mods have you done to it? (Turbo, injectors, UP, DP, etc)

You also might get more feedback if you posted this in the Tuning and Mods section of the board. :)

-mike
    Motorsports and Tuning Host
  • merrycynicmerrycynic Member Posts: 340
    Someone at work is yanking your chain. EVO is short for Evolution, but, that has nothing at all to do with the Subaru STI.
This discussion has been closed.