Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mitsubishi Outlander Factory Orders

pricebropricebro Member Posts: 9
edited March 2014 in Mitsubishi
My friend's friend's uncle works for GM. He says that if you don`t rush for a new car, usually you can negotiate with your dealer for a "factory order" which will take about 2-3 months to make the delivery. This sounds to be a future order which goes directly to the manufacturer. In this way you can get some more discounts.

I mentioned it to my dealer and they said they never heard about it. Anyone knows anything about it?

Comments

• tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Perhaps someone who has purchased recently knows about it. Try Mitsubishi Outlander: Prices Paid & Buying Experience.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • rcpaxrcpax Member Posts: 580
    Maybe you're talking about special order, which is still under the dealership, because they are the one who will place the order for you. So you will still negotiate with them IMO. Haven't heard of MMNA selling vehicles directly to the consumer.
  • outbuyeroutbuyer Member Posts: 1
    I have an order of XLS 4WD Graphic Grey and waiting for 3 months still not come yet!? Just no this color come! noknow why????
  • yebayeba Member Posts: 3
    I am in the same boat, I have been waiting for 3 months for my XLS 4WD Graphite Grey. I even the negotiated it to invoice price. Put down $1k down to secure the vehicle.

This is my first time doing a 'special order', dealer cant find my specs so he offered to order for me but would take 4-6 weeks. But now it's 3 months and dealer said the demand is high and orders are taking longer. Is this normal? SHould I start filing a complaint to Mitsu HQ? Also, is there like an order number we can track? Last time I called mitsu customer care, they have no clue about the dealer orders and they said only the dealer can know where the order is thru their 'field agent'.

Anyone have any insights on how this 'special orders' work?
  • gary154gary154 Member Posts: 5
    A week ago I bought ( right off the lot ) a black XLS 4WD with the luxury package and sun and sound package. I live in the Chicago area. The dealer I went to had several XLS AWD's to choose from; some with navigation, some without. Between the two local Mitsu dealers in my area, all color choices were available - black, silver, desert beige, red, aqua, navy and white. So, I guess I can understand your frustration when it seems some parts of the country have plenty of Outlanders available. If the options you have chosen for your Outlander are nothing out of the ordinary, I would seriously question Mitsu as to why you've had to wait so long.
  • smily157smily157 Member Posts: 14
    I have never heard of being able to negotiate more when ordering a car, usually you can negotiate a LOT more when buying a car right off the lot. And as far as a dealer not having some, I know the feeling. I live in Salisbury Maryland, and the closest dealer to me is an hour a way, and then an hour and a half the opposite direction, and both of those only had like 5 outlanders each, if I was lucky. But I ended going to a dealer in Pennsylvania because it was 10 minutes from my mothers house, so I just bought one time when I came to see her, and this dealer, and the next 5 closest, all had between 20-35 outlanders on the lot, there was a huge selection by me going up there, it is just strange how the dealers work, go figure.
This discussion has been closed.