Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Murano CVT Transmission

Comments

• juslostacustmrjuslostacustmr Member Posts: 2
    thank you all for the good information ... after doing a little more research on the 04' Nissan Murano and its pricing ( 18'500 is not such a great deal as we first assumed :cry: ) .. we are definitly glad we have decided to wait and continue to shop around ...

I have enjoyed reading your post and opinons( not happy about all the trumoil with this vehicle, However if nothing else this forum and posting will help someone ( AS IT HAS DONE FOR US ) and hopefully it will send a strong message to NISSAN !
  • nsudd1nsudd1 Member Posts: 6
    I too have experienced transmission problems. I have a 2003 Nissan Murano with 71,000 miles on it. I was told by Nissan that the transmission needed to be replaced in May. Since then I have read numerous complaints about the CVT transmission in this car. I have also contacted Nissan U.S.A, and was told they would not repair my car. I have also notified my State Attorney's Office and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration(NHTSA). b>FOR EVERYONE WHO HAS HAD A TRANSMISSION PROBLEM WITH THE 2003 NISSAN MURANO PLEASE FILE A COMPLAINT WITH NHTSA. THE MORE COMPLAINTS THE BETTER. HOPEFULLY WE CAN FORCE NHTSA TO FINALLY INVESTIGATE OUR CLAIMS, AND NISSAN WILL BE FORCED TO RECALL THEIR DEFECTIVE PART.

Also If there is anyone who knows a Lawyer willing to file a class action suit I am all for it! Nissan needs to be held responsible for this!!!!!!
  • jetwrenchjetwrench Member Posts: 10
    Question:
    I recently bought a 2003 MO, then later found out the 03' CVT was a lemon. I never would have bought it if I had discovered this ahead of time. I called Nissan North America & had them tell me all warranty & recall work that had been done on it. Low & behold, the CVT failed @ 27,000mi in Feb 07' (low mileage for a 4 y/o vehicle) & was changed. I now have 46,000miles on the replacement CVT. I called the Nissan parts dept @ the dealership that changed it & had them tell me the Part# of the new CVT. It is a different Part# & ends in "RE", that's right, you guessed it "Remanufactured".

I've read hundreds of posts but have not read 2 very important questions;

1) Has anyone had a SECOND replacement CVT
    fail?
    2) Does anyone know if Nissan upgraded the
    components that were failing prematurely and
    put them in the REMANNED CVT's? (I've
    read of several components failing, pressure
    solenoids A&B, valve bodies, etc).

I'm trying to make an informed decision whether to keep it & hope the "Remanned CVT" is new & improved or unload this thing soon..

Thanks all for sharing your knowledge on this forum!..
  • jess5138jess5138 Member Posts: 7
    My transmission in my 03 went out around 45,000. and yes I got a re for a replacement. I have around 54 right now but am just waiting for the other shoe to drop. If I didn't owe more then it was worth I would unload this as fast as I can. I just spent over 2 thousand fixing other things wrong with the car. I have had this car since 04
  • turbonatorturbonator Member Posts: 6
    We own an '04 Murano and have put 85000 miles on it with no problem----did buy it used with about 30k on the odo. Runs great on REGULAR octane gas, in the mountains and on the plains with good fuel mileage (wife gets consistantly 23 mpg around town). Excellent acceleration, once you learn to 'downshift' if you want immediate power for passing. Fun to drive, but some road noise that requires attention. We had driven several other SUV's and crossovers but kept comming back to the Murano----despite what I call UGLY (Darth Vader front end)----some people don't think so. I just joined this thing today to let you know that the Murano is as good as anything you can buy, and more fun to drive than most.

Has a Lexus 300, and was going to buy a 330 until I discovered that it had the same problems that the 300 had-----bad turning radius (turn a tight circle before you buy one), no range on a tank of fuel (can't drive a week on a tank), wind noise, front strut hammering noise on bumps, uncomfortable seats, falling sun visors, and lately found out that all 300/330's have a common transmission problem that is expensive to repait (friend of ours bought one and learned the hard way). I had gotten rid of our Lexus because it was such a pain in the A## before the tranny gave out.
  • nastacionastacio Member Posts: 370
    Your posting shows how unfortunate it is that the vast majority of the people here didn't get a good answer from Nissan. The Muranos are the first Nissans to use the CVT paired with a large V6.

Edmunds.com is "the source" for this kind of exchange and I see people already spreading their dissatisfaction directly on the "Customer review" sections for the car.

Nissan will be really stupid to let the complaints of what is now 100+ people to define the image of the nearly 500.000 CVT-equipped vehicles it plans to sell on US and abroad every year.

The reality is that, statistically, the number of reported incidents per number of 03-04-05 models out there (200.000+) is dismal. Nissan should fork $1 million dollars to end this mess instead of risking its multi-billion dollar reputation and business.

I am keeping my 04 Murano (41K on it,) but if it happens to me, there will be a website, a facebook account, a twitter account, photos of the bill, links to the forums, copies of the letters sent to Nissan, you name it, and all available to whoever wants to hear about it.

Nissan will be lucky to lose only 100x the amount it will cost me.
    Hello Everyone!

I have been doing a lot of research as to how I can get Nissan to recall their defective CVT. As I have stated earlier, I encourage everyone to flood the National Highway Traffic and Safety Administration with complaints. You just need to go to their website and file a safety complaint on-line. Also I have come across a recall campaign document that states that we can petition the NHTSA to open and investigation. As it stands, they are currently just collecting data on our complaints.

I am willing to start this petition. please e-mail me at: nsudduth@mrcscs.aspirail.org if any one is interested. I will forward you a petition that I have written for you to add your name and some form of contact information to it.
    1) Has anyone had a SECOND replacement CVT
    fail?
    2) Does anyone know if Nissan upgraded the
    components that were failing prematurely and
    put them in the REMANNED CVT's? (I've
    read of several components failing, pressure
    solenoids A&B, valve bodies, etc).
  • mozomozo Member Posts: 1
    My 2006 murano CVT fails to shift to the forth gear after replacing the battery. Before that everything was just fine no problems at all, suddenly after battery replacement transmission fail to shift. Dealer said the whole transmission must be replaced which it costs more than $7666.

But i'm replacing it with a used one ($2500) and I'll get rid of the car, never back to it again.

A friend called me last week wants to buy a 09 murano I told him to run away from it because of ....etc. unless if he has what it takes.
  • steved6steved6 Member Posts: 10
    I should have done more research before buying my 03' Murano. I bought it with 101,000 miles & thought I got a good deal for a reliable Nissan SUV. This is BS!! My car is doing the same thing everyone here is describing. After about 40 minutes driving I get the lagging issue where I step on the gas pedal after a complete stop and nothing happens, then all of sudden after 5 seconds the car accelerates dangerously! It will continue to do this until I re-start the car. Now I know why the previous owner traded in this car.

There's gotta be an easier fix to this than replacing the whole damn transmission. Is there a defective temperature sensor that can be replaced or something? I wonder if the people having this problem are the ones that never replaced the CVT transmission fluid. I don't think the previous owners ever replaced the CVT fluid on my Murano. I should have bought Toyota or Honda or maybe domestic would have been better. Nissan, you have lost a customer for life. I will never buy Nissan ever again. :lemon:
    Hello!

Please be sure to file a safety complaint with the NHTSA. The more complaints the better.
    Steve,
    Sorry to hear about your 03' MO. I wish I had discovered this problem when I was researching my 03' MO before I bought it. As for the CVT fluid, it does not require changing like Dexron fluid, it's a completely different animal. You only need to have the fluid tested using a special tester for metal particles exceeding a specific parts-per-million at the Nissan recommended intervals.
    I've learned a lot from reading all of these 225 posts along with other Murano forums.
    File a complaint with NHTSA.
    Have you tried calling Nissan North America, give them your VIN# & have them tell you ALL warranty work that has been done to your vehicle, they have to tell you. I found out my CVT was replaced at 27,000miles!!.. sounds like maybe that's why yours may have been traded or sold with 30,000miles on it...
    Hey jetwrench. That was the first thing I did after the purchase was drove down to two local Nissan dealerships asking for repair history. The only thing that came up was a repair for crank sensor b/c SES turned on around 80k miles. I have the original invoice that was kept with the owners manual and it shows a Colorado dealer. I went to that same dealership and no records other than that crank sensor. Would calling Nissan of America show more records or something?

I'm going to change the CVT fluid myself this weekend. Both Nissan dealerships I went to recommended change every 60k, and wanted $400+. Again BS!!

I would rather spend $200 changing the fluid, then find out in 3 months or 1 yr the transmission completely fails. This would be a $6-7k repair job I cannot afford. :lemon:
    Nissan North America will have all warranty work done by any dealership to your vehicle complied.
    The MO repair manual states to have a CVT Fluid Deterioration Check done & that as long as it passes it doesn't have to be changed until it has 210,000 miles on it.
    Use only genuine Nissan CVT NS-2 fluid, it's about $20 a quart.

Good luck..
  • turbonatorturbonator Member Posts: 6
    Just returned from having a Nissan recall for the idle problem fixed, and discussed the transmission concerns with the service manager. He indicated that the transmission fluid should be changed about every thirty-K miles, but the repair manual states every 60000 miles (I'm pushing 82K). In discussing changing the fluid, he stated that it needs to be changed using a pressure system, and it takes about 17 quarts,,,, which agrees with the 10.2 ltr. capacity and about 30% to 50% extra fluid to do the flush (IAW the service manual) (I've got it on disc). He also told me about a guy who tried to change the fluid himself, and ran the engine to pump the fluid out>>>>>>almost ruined the tranny? Very possible---I think the service manager was on the level. Says it would cost me about $350 including taxes to do mine for me. Considering having it done at this time. Thought about using a pressure brake bleeder to do it, but 17 qts is a lot of refilling for a hand held presssure brake bleeder.
  • ahart4hmahart4hm Member Posts: 1
    I have had the EXACT same problem. It will randomly stall and now the SLIP and VDC Off lights have come on. I also purchased my vehicle used with 88,000 miles thinking I would be able to get a good 250,000 out of it. At this point, if I didn't still owe money on it, I would get rid of it. VERY disappointed as well in all the problems I am now having including replacing the manifold at $600 and now needing one of the emission control sensors replaced costing $1000! Don't know what it will take to fix the SLIP and VDC sensors. All I can say is, think twice before making a Nissan purchase. Seems their vehicle quality has gone down yet the prices continue to go up!
    ahart4hm, the problem you are describing is different that what myself and most people here are reporting about the CVT transmission. Our problem is the lagging during stop-and-go traffic where you step on the gas & nothing happens for 5 seconds then it accelerates.

Your problem sounds related to the brake system; a sensor going bad or something with the brake components.
    I have filed a complaint to NHTSA--

I own a 2003 Nissan Murano SL with about 101,000 miles. After about 20 minutes driving I get the lagging issue where I step on the gas pedal after a complete stop and nothing happens, then all of sudden after 5 seconds the car accelerates dangerously! My wife drives this car and she’s also pregnant. I’m afraid that one day this problem will happen, and she would accelerate after the lagging issue only to hit someone in front of her and cause a major accident. I’m also afraid when she tries to make a left turn during the lag someone might hit her causing an accident. This manufacture need to recognize this is a safety issue, and they need to have a safety recall on these vehicles.
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    After a 100k on a transmission a major repair is not out of the ordinary. Why would you drive a car that apparently could kill you? Why not have it fixed or trade it in. NHTSA won't get it fixed and Nissan won't pay.
    I owned Toyota, Nissan, Honda, Infiniti, Lexus vehicles and changing a transmission after 100k is not normal...All of my vehicles I've owned have went to 200k miles on original engine and transmission without a hitch. And this is even buying them as used vehicles not knowing whether previous owners took care of the car.

This Murano seem to be the exception since they decided to experiment with the CVT. After further research Nissan didn't even invent this CVT transmission. They used JATCO who manufactures CVT for Nissan and other manufacturers. Nissan must be confident that this "Acceleration Delay" is only happening to a very small number of Muranos not to recall it and to continue putting them in on newer Muranos, Maximas, and other Nissan lineups today. Is it really only about 200+ of us Murano owners out of 1 millionz+ :lemon: affected by this??
    No car company will repair a broken transmission with 100k miles. The government won't step in either. Ooops-- if you bought a chrysler/jeep product with the lifetime warranty, you are covered forever. Most trannys should last well beyond 100k. The problem is that with this high tech cvt it is outrageous to fix. A domestic tranny used to be 2k for a rebuild. The newer ones are likely to be a lot more.
    Jayrider,

I am not sure if you have been doing your research, like many upset 2003 Murano Owners, but most of these transmissions are failing well before the 100k line. Some have report failures at 25,000 miles, but they were still covered under warrenty.

Furthermore, Nissan has indeed changed the transmission in the Murano. the newer models do not have the same CVT that was in the 2003-2005 Muranos.
    The transmissions are indeed prone to failure. I don't like the way mine hesitates in reverse and drive from start - up from time to time. It's leased and gone before any issues that cost me anything. The issue with this 03 is regrettable but I can't see you getting satisfaction from nissan once out of warranty. I hope you do, good luck.
    Does anyone have an address where Carlos Ghosn, CEO of Nissan can be contacted. I plan to write him a letter.
  • bikerforlifebikerforlife Member Posts: 5
    I've just been told our 04 Murano needs a new transmission too and it has 100,000 km on it. At least they think it needs it as the trany 'slips' under load. This is crazy! A transmission should last 250,000 km at least. I just replaced one in a 01 Chev Astro van with that much mileage. And I didn't think that was right,but this is ridiculous! And $7000 to do the repair with a new trany! Really nice vehicle but the repair costs are outrageous! And I don't wanna take the chance of it failing again on a road trip like it just did. The fastest it would go was 100 kph across the prairies. I had tractors passing us. So it will probably get fixed and traded.
    bikerforlife have you tried flushing the CVT fluid? I just did a flush over the weekend & so far it fixed my problem with the "Acceleration Delay" during stop-and-go traffic. This may be a temporary fix but $150 in fluid is better than $7000 transmission. The root of the problem is a sensor inside the transmission transfer case that gets dirty. The sensor itself is cheap to replace, but DUMB NISSAN decided to put it inside the tranny where it becomes non-serviceable and Nissan will just tell you to replace the tranny instead to fixing the problem b/c of labor cost.

Do it yourself don't let the dealer crocks flush it they'll charge you $400-500.
    The service manual doesn't even mention a fluid change, but every Nissan recommends change every 60k miles. I've even heard the CVT is almost a lifetime fluid up to 210k. CVT trannys have less moving parts vs traditional tranny, but I do not believe in lifetime fluid. If fluid is required for a moving part at some point it will get old and needs changing. :lemon:
  • bigeasy51bigeasy51 Member Posts: 7
    Hi,
    I'm bigeasy who's posted on this site and others about the failing 2003 Murano CVT trans. Recently - after a lot of back-and-forth between me and Nissan Customer Service - I was lucky enough to have a Nissan VP pick up my letter to Carlos Ghosn (CEO) and decide to help me. To that end Nissan replaced my CVT trans with me paying for the labor, So instead of costing me an estimated $5000, it cost a little over $1000 for labor.
    Like you I loved the Murano the first time I drove it - EASILY the most comfortable car I've ever driven! (Almost 6'5"!)
    Don't be afraid of the Murano but have the dealer you're buying from extend you some sort of warranty on the trans. DON"T TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER - Or, don't take the deal!
    BTW, I'm almost positive that the Lexus 330 and the Nissan Murano are built on side-by-side production lines, but someone else is going to have to verify that.
    Good luck!
    Bigeay
    bigeasy, you are one of the lucky ones. Are you the original owner?
    Hello Bigeasy,

Do you by any chance have a mailing address for Carlos Ghosn? Also, just out of curiousity do you reside in New Orleans?
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    No car company will repair a broken transmission with 100k miles. The government won't step in either.

I agree. That's why they have 5 years or 60K miles warranty. Even though, the transmission can be last longer but it's not a guaranty.
  • conndriver16conndriver16 Member Posts: 3
    Perhaps so, but when the car cost $36000, as mine did, with all the options, and the replacement transmission costs $5000, then I expect the transmission to last a bit longer. The kind of problem I had with the Murano (not just the transmission) and the very high cost of maintaining the car are not acceptable for a car in this price range. It would be another thing if it was a Hyundai or a Kia, that costs half as much.
    The higher the pricetag on the car the more it costs to repair / maintain. Just because a car costs more doesn't make it more reliable either. More technology = higher everything. Try a mercedes/bmw/audi. If a car doesn't have a high tech drivetrain it should be cheaper to repair/maintain. Also -- the more units on the road--the more manufacturers produce parts = cheaper. My murano is gone in two more years. Not taking a high tech ride past 36k miles. This forum convinced me in that regard.
  • billymalonebillymalone Member Posts: 7
    Didn't have time to read all the posts but I can only hope someone suggested checking the air ducts. I've corrected 3 Muranos CVT problems in less than 5 minutes by just tightening the air ducts up a bit as they tend to leak and cause the same problem.
    Billy, you said you corrected 3 Muranos by tightening the air ducts. Did those Muranos have the "Acceleration Lag" in stop-and-go traffic? Was it a permanent fix? I saw Nissan issued a safety recall for it recently. :lemon:
  • wjvanrossumwjvanrossum Member Posts: 13
    jetwrench,

To answer your first question, I did have my second CVT fail. I did read through all the postings and had similar experiences with Nissan consumer affairs. What baffles me the most is at the time of the first replacement the Nissan dealer gave me the option to upgrade the button on the console that locks the Murano in AWD. This upgraded button has a safety feature that doesn't allow the user to accidently put the Murano in AWD while on drive pavement. (This is deemed to be the cause of the transfer case failure). I declined this upgrade as my $4000 bill was enough without the $600 switch upgrade. Also, if engaging the button caused the transfer case to fail I will not let that happen again as the first repair was a lesson.

Well, my Murano is back in the shop with transfer case that is failing again. The dealership originally said it was covered under warranty and then later called back stating it wasn't going to be covered under warranty because I didn't replace the switch on my console. The dealership noted the Service bulletin Nissan issued regarding this issue. The bulletin number is NTB04-129 and can be found at the link below. The dealership went on to state that Nissan recommends this upgrade of the switch. To me it seems like Nissan has realized the fault part and want the consumer to pay for the "upgraded" or correct switch that is apparently make the transfer case fail. The truck is still in the dealership. The dealership is working with Nissan to see what the results will be. I can't imagine having to stick another $4,000 in a truck that I only paid $16000, which brings my total repairs of $8000 to half the cost of the vehicle. I am contemplation getting an attorney to see if I can at least get my money back for what appears to me as a defective product.
    nsudd1,
    I had my second CVT failure and at the current moment it looks like Nissan will not warranty this one because I didnt' upgrade the colsole button as they recommended. I am seriously considering getting an Lawyer to make this situation right. Not to sure where to start but I will keep researching.
  • usedmuranousedmurano Member Posts: 7
    steved6,

From my own experiences, the air duct issue is not related to the acceleration lag issue. I first noticed the air duct issue after changing the air filter myself. After I finished, I started up the suv, tried to drive out the garage, and the engine would sputter out and die. Tried it again a couple of times and same issue.

I must have knocked the air duct loose when I changed the filter, but after tightening it, everything was a-ok. I have noticed that the air duct on my Murano comes loose every so often, and I have to tightened it, which is really quite difficult. There's a small notch for alignment purposes, but when I feel around on the opposite side of the notch, the duct is barely on, and I pretty much have to man-handle it in, but it's not a great fit. I think the recall will take care of this issue, though I have not called Nissan just yet to set up an appointment.

For the acceleration lag, I've done the fluid flush, I've had my throttle body chamber replaced, but the problem still happens on my Murano, typically on a hot day in stop-n-go traffic. The easiest fix is to shut off the engine and turn it back on, but it'll come back after 5-10 minutes if I'm still driving in the same traffic. It once occurred after waiting in the drive through for McDonald's.

I don't have faith in Nissan to do what's right. I also don't have faith in my '03 Murano to last for another 4 years without a big repair job. And from reading messages on this group, I don't have faith that I rebuilt transmission will ultimately solve the problem. Thus, I think we'll probably trade-in the Murano instead of trying to keep it around. Never again will I buy a Nissan.
  • tom5headtom5head Member Posts: 16
    Lost a customer! I'm about ready to sue them! My car has the same problem, hit the gas nothing, then it takes off like a rocket. Actually it's my wifes car who uses it to get my son around. Apparently I was eligable for the Intake Airduct recall (which fixed nothing) but my VIN falls outside of the group eligable for the Shift Position Indicator upgrade, which is total BS since my car has all the same components as those with different VIN #'s. So now the dealership wants $255 for diagnostics and $2,283.00 to replace the valve body. This is a 2003 Murano with 59,700 miles on it, past the 5 year warranty but under the mileage which doesn't help me but it says what a garbage product this is. I don't even know what to do. I called customer service who after an hour of telling there is no one I can talk beyond the first person I got on the phone they finally agreed to enter a case number and give me a call back next week. These guys suck! Any ideas?
    And yes my problems only start after the car has been running for a while and heats up...same as everyone here. And how do we get info to Carlos Ghosn CEO Nissan North America? I want to write a letter. Clearly no one on the 1-800-NISSAN1 phone number is going to help. Can some one post the contact info so we can all write? Please!
    Tom,

Like you my wife drives an 04 Murano. I am on my second transfer case and Nissan is stating they won't warranty the second transfer case because I didn't upgrade the AWD lock button on the console. Is this the "shift position indicator upgrade you're mentioning in your post? If so was your VIN to new or to old? Reason I ask is because I can't understand why the dealership didn't state this button HAD to be upgrade if Nissan is to cover the warranty. I am still on the phone with Nissan. I will post my conclusion. Not sure it will be any different than the rest who have posted. Thanks in advance for the help.
    anger and threats of legal action will go nowhere. You need to convince someone to extend you assistance they are not obligated to provide. You have to be persuasive and respectful and persistant. Good luck.
    Yes I believe this shift position indicator is the AWD button everyone is referring to. Unfortunately my VIN is not included in this recall even though I am having the same issues I wasn't one of the lucky few. Actually when I looked the other day the nissan website wasn't even up to date. I had to go to NHSTA to find this recall. If this is NOT the same thing NO offer to replace this AWD button was extended to me. By not offered I mean they never even notified me or allowed me the option to upgrade even at my own expense.

The service line at Nissan was terrible. It literally took an hour of complaining (politely at first) before they would even create a case file. The operator flat out lied to me telling me there was no one else that could help me at Nissan besides him. I had to get his name before he would enter me into the system. They are clearly trained to not answer the questions you ask. The disgusted sighs that came from the Nissan employee after each question I asked made the whole experience that much more enjoyable.
    If anyone wants to write formal letters to Nissan I would be happy to put them all together into one physical file and mail it in to the CEO. If we got a significant amount of letters together explaining your/our experiences we might get our way...just let me know if anyone is interested in this and I will figure out a way to do it. If they won't help us I am thinking of writing to the better business bureau, newpapers and cable news shows. Even if I wind up paying for this I fully intend to make these guys miserable if they are going to leave their customers hanging. In this economic environment companies should do everything in their power to assist customers. There is plenty of new competition entering the market in the next few years.
    All three had lags with harsh jerking. The dealers said either a sensor sweep for about a grand or a new TCM (transmission control ,module) about the same price. Yeah one dealer said a new CVT for about 5 grand. The fix was kind of permanent as in one case the duct came loose again and the same problem came back. Now some cases were much worse than others and some only did it a few times a day if at all for days at a time. Some said only when hot, others said only when cold. I read this fix on another blog posted by a Nissan Dealer. I have an 05 Murano with no problems along this line. No I;m not going to loosen a duct to see what happens, LOL.
    In my opinion it doesn't matter if it happens once a week or all the time. Actually only once in a while may be even worse as it may happen when you least expect it for example during merging and boom you're dead. I'm sure many people here bought this vehicle for their wives and children thinking they had wisely invsted $30k plus to ensure their families safety. I just scares me that Nissan hasn't at least informed ALL 2003 owners whether they plan to cover the service or not. Some one is going to get killed because of this issue. Someone is sitting behind a desk somewhere and has made the decision that their customers life's are not worth the possible expense to fix this error. It is just frightening. Most companies do blog searches these days to see what people are saying about their products, especially a company as large as Nissan. They know about this.
    Clearly Nissan knows about this since they are paying for the Nissan Altima ad that pops up on the right top corner of this very screen every time I read this string of responses.
    So I heard back from Nissan Customer service today who told me thank goodness they caught the Air Intake recall or someone could have been hurt. But their response was that they don't feel they need to help on the Valve body which since Friday has now turned into a potentially whole new transmission. Keep in mind I brought this in to be serviced they DID NOT contact me.
  • nastacionastacio Member Posts: 370
    Actually, my web browser is peppered with Nissan Murano ads :-)
    I'm no mechanic but for sure that air intake problem can and will take out the CVT if it doesn't take out the owner first. Nissan's CVT can't be fixed either, only replaced. I'm just hoping the next generation CVT will be like the old Chrysler fluid coupling (lifetime or even longer)