Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

How much luggage can the Honda Element carry?

rajeshvaccharajeshvaccha Member Posts: 6
edited March 2014 in Honda
Hi,

I will be renting a SUV to pick up some friends from the airport.

There will be a total of 4 passengers including me.

They have 3 large suitcases, and three roll on (carry on luggage).

Do you know if the Honda Element can store this much luggage?

My other option is to rent a Chevy Trailblazer or a larger SUV...

Thanks,
RJ

Comments

• iknflyiknfly Member Posts: 1
    what i have found is that with the element it will always work, just make it work. meaning you may have one of your carry on providing a nice coffee table for backseat passengers. if your worried about it, i guess i would say go with the bigger car. 6 stuffed bags could be just 1 to many.
  • laf3laf3 Member Posts: 5
    I've always had a trunk, so am wondering how that works for bags of groceries, etc, to keep them from sliding all over the back?
  • tundradudetundradude Member Posts: 588
    I bought the carpet cargo mat and groceries stay in place.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Some people like nets (I have one for my minivan but rarely use it).

link

• batman47batman47 Member Posts: 606
    The max payload capacity of the Element is abut 1000 pounds. That means approximately 7 people (140 each). This means that with four people normally in the car , there is left the equivalent weight of 3 people to carry as luggage.
  • jgoforthjgoforth Member Posts: 1
    We have started a non-profit music school to teach music for free to children (and adults) who cannot pay. We take the school to them to eliminate all barriers.
    After removing the back seats, this is what we put in my Element. When 'tetris-ed', it looks like this.
    The results are these magic smiles.
    We all hope I don't have a flat tire.
This discussion has been closed.