Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

What if ... redesign the Hummer?

tired_old_davetired_old_dave Member Posts: 710
edited March 2014 in HUMMER
What if GM could build a smaller than H3 type vehicle with the 4.8 v8 or smaller power plant, 3.23 or 3.55 gears with a rear locker and give us a real alternative to a crv/rav4.

Someone close to me had a straight 8 '48 automatic buick that could climb the PA hills like a diesel. He also had a '66 riviera with a 2.56? rear and the drum would bounce off the 140 indicator with abandon.

Comments

• Options
    should probably have been the title and not just "What if..." Thanks for the add to the title edmunds, but I didn't really mean a redesign of the H3. I guess the H3 Alpha has answered the call for the rock climbers. And I believe H can stay true to its philosophy and still be bought by non rock climbers.
  • Options
    I apologize Edmund's. Your title was better after all. The lightbulb got lit with the new question - which Hummer. The H3X (Blinger) might be a marketing misfire. First, since the Greek(alpha) denotes character, it seems that alphabet has been used. Second, the common alphabet letter X was used to promote a bling vehicle that provided nothing, save a special color, which can be made with options added to an H3. Now, if you realize, as rock climbers contend, that most H's will never climb anything higher than a parking lot tire stop, what do you call/name the surburbia version with gearing for the highway and interstate economy.

I am not a rebuilder or an engineer, but if someone can run the numbers, is it an illusion to expect this?
This discussion has been closed.