Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Buick Enclave Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• enxagaenxaga Member Posts: 30
    This is what I have :

08 Enclave fwd CXL $31,115.30 incentive included

09 Enclave fwd CX $31, 928
    09 Enclave fwd CXL $33, 563

What do you guys think is a better deal? Can I do Better? :confuse:
  • fireflyslkfireflyslk Member Posts: 6
    I agree with you 100 %....great car, worth the wait. Pricey, but a fantastic vehicle. I have had my Enclave since March. If anyone is thinking about it....the answer is yes. I am seeing them everywhere now and I saw a dozen in one car dealers lot who only got one at a time not too long ago. The interest rate is what it is. Makes for a hefty car payment. You can negotiate with the dealer on car pricing. If not, go someplace else!!!!!!!!!
  • tourguidetourguide Member Posts: 190
    I don't know what kind of vehicles you buy, but for my money I'm not sitting on cloth and I want some gadgets. That means a well optioned model. You may be happy with a base CX and that is your choice, not mine. I'm actually in that ballpark for an AWD CXL the way I want it.

You seem very unhappy about this interest rate. So SHOP the rate, why is that so hard to do? My credit union is more that a point below the rate you quoted. Take the price and shop the rate. If you're getting such great out the door quotes, I don't understand the problem - other than the interest rate, which we have established you DON'T HAVE TO TAKE.
  • wlbrown9wlbrown9 Member Posts: 867
    What gadgets are you looking for? I ended up with an '08 Saturn Outlook XR with tow package, convenience, extended convenience and leather. Gives just about everything but Sunroof, DVD and NAV or upgraded radio package which I really did not want.

Leather 8 way pwr driver, 4 way pwr passenger, dual zone climate, remote start, power tailgate, backup assist beeper, CD, auto lights, DIC.

The Saturn was a little less $$ than the Acadia or Enclave with the same equipment.
    What gadgets are you looking for?

I'm looking at pretty much everything except DVD and the sunroof. I'm going to have DVD installed in the headrests and I don't want the sunroof (don't like the execution of the lambda sunroof - it looks and feels cheap to me).

Have you noticed a difference in the amount of dust that accumulates in your Outlook? I know these units don't have cabin filters in any real sense and I have a son with allergies.
  • auto12auto12 Member Posts: 4
    Anyone found pricing BELOW the employee price in the Southeast US? Every dealer I've spoken to stated that they were locked into the employee pricing and could not go lower.
    Well, the Saturn dealer threw in the Saturn Care (oil changes and rotation) for 1 year/15K miles...deducted $255 from the employee price to make it work out. They also threw in the already installed pin stripes, paint and interior protection as well as the mud flaps. This was 2 weeks ago when the rebate was $1500. So, I got maybe $200-300 extras thrown in (mud flaps probably the best part of the deal since the Saturn Care looks to be a rotation and 2-3 oil changes). One nice thing was the Doc Fee was reduced to $75 instead of their normal consumer $295 IIRC. I did not trade my old Trooper with 137K miles, but if you have a trade then they could give you more or less and that would shift the 'locked' price.

Of course, when you and the dealer are talking that is what they will say. If you get out the pen, checkbook and offer to sign the sales contract and a check, then you will know if they are serious or bluffing :-)
    Not much dust has accumulated in 2 weeks. Memphis has been a little damp and cool for this time of year. Most years are a lot dryer and hotter that would generate a lot more dust than we have at this time. The Outlook might show dust a little more than some since the Tan interior includes a charcoal dash that does show any light colored speck.

The one thing about this and it may be a recent GM thing since my wife's '04 Envoy does the same thing. I like to keep the recirculate button on at least during warm weather since that seems to boost the cooling power and I tell my wife to do it since it could reduce dust and pollen coming in and might help her allergies. On the Outlook and her Envoy you have to turn that on just about every time since it seems to default to OFF when you power off.
  • mikep10mikep10 Member Posts: 2
    I bought an 08 CX just before labor day. I paid just under 30K with the only options being carbon black paint, machined wheels, and cargo cover/net. Dealership wouldn't budge on employee price--mine was the only low end unit--they had 12 more units all loaded CXLs. I believe there is a supply and demand factor even amongst the models. If I were looking at one of the 45K models, I think they would tend to budge.
  • roughyearroughyear Member Posts: 52
    why buick would even make the CX is beyond my comprehension??!!! they should stick to top of the line CXL badge/leather, and leave the lower trim, that has cloth seats and lack of trim, to chevy or saturn.

what a stupid move by GM/Buick
  • mikep10mikep10 Member Posts: 2
    I looked around quite a bit and realized that with the Enclave you sacrafice very little and save alot of money with the CX as oppose to the CXL. The standard features are costly optional packages in many other cars Aside from leather seats, the interior is exactly the same, the exterior is exactly the same except for wheels--in fact, it probably rides better on 65 profile tires-- the powertrain is the same, suspension the same, noise isolating technology the same, and it's very rare that AWD is needed It's a good car at 40K but it's a great car for 30K.
    i didn't mean to insult you personally... i just think it's silly for buick to offer a stripped down version of a top quality car. personally i think the CXL should have the price tag of a CX, but that's mine not GMs logic. The only options on these cars should be the sunroof and the nav, everything else should be standard equipment.

i looked at the chevy and saturn equivalents, and boy is there a big difference to build and fit/finish quality as compared to the enclave
    I would agree with you when you say there should be more standard equpiment on these boats - and I too WISH the price was lower. Sadly I don't think GM is going to go along with that. When I talk with people who've bought these vehicles they have cross shopped much more expensive brands (imports mostly) and compared to those the Enclave looks like a value for what you get at the price. That doesn't mean I think it is worth that much, but it is in my range - hence under consdieration.

The fit and finish is very good on these, I agree. I just wish there was a way for GM to eliminate the quality problems (these seem epedemic with domestics) they have had. I tried leasing an 05 Higlander recently and have had NO issues whatsoever. On any of the domestic autos I have owned there has always been something. I wish it weren't so. It would hesitate less in going to another domestic brand without this in the back of my mind.
  • desertkevdesertkev Member Posts: 76
    I have been trying to decide between a Enclave and Odyssey. Both are great functional vehicles. The Enclave wins the looks battle. But when I tried to get them to give me the employee price plus cash back, they wouldn't budge. The sales guy says "I can't buy it that cheap, so neither can you" - I guess he was referring to the "Employee Pricing" - I read on here folks getting 1000 to $1500 off invoice. Not my dealer. I think the Enclave is a great vehicle, but WAAAY overpriced. I bought the Odyssey EXL NAV and DVD. I wanted to buy the Buick, but they just wouldn't deal. No wonder Toyota took over the number 1 spot from GM . Anyways, good luck and happy shopping.
  • ekuanimalekuanimal Member Posts: 14
    Funny, I had always thought that dealerships are independant and not car maker employees; so he is under the same constraints you are. Also, I remember the adds on TV stated you an use both. Since the dealership is not GM then they do not have to give you everything. I had to shop at three dealerships in Houston last year to find one that would honor the pricing agreement my company had with GM on an Enclave. Remember, a salesman will skew their stories/facts to make the best sale for them; not you... The only incentives they have to give you are those that GM says they do under the dealership agreement.... FYI; we've had our Enclave since January and love it. It has the same quality or better than our Lexus did....
    While the employee price promotion was on, you could get the bottom line price on the internet at Buick's site. They showed MSRP, Employee price and then sale price after Rebate, $1500 in August, $1000 in September. On a Saturn Outlook I got the Employee price and the $1500 rebate. Not sure the problem you were having with the dealer but they should have been able to show you the exact details of the offer to clear things up. It they decided not to take part in that offer, you should have been able to find a dealer in the area that would.
  • desertkevdesertkev Member Posts: 76
    I saw the prices on Buick.com and tried to discuss that with the dealers in the area, but they were being harda$$es. We'll probably replace my wife's care with an Enclave CXL FWD in the next 6 months to a year. I think the Enclave is the best thing GM's made in the past 15 years. They need to make a hybrid or cylinder shut-off engine to get slightly better mpg. They waste the hybrid for the yukon...which when compared to the Enclave is too pricey and not a good ride comparably. What is GM offering this month to move these?
    don't you have other Buick dealerships in the area to choose from?? since you have time to purchase, lets say within 6months... the best time, in my opinion to purchase is new years eve and new years day!! they'll bend over backwards to move cars on those 2dates to get manufacture incentives
  • eastoncarguyeastoncarguy Member Posts: 29
    You should try and get an Enclave in the ATL. Apparently the dealers are giving them away. I have been trying to trade a loaded CXL AWD and they have been offering $20k less than the MSRP because new ones are rotting on the lots.
  • grusongruson Member Posts: 17
    So how much off MSRP are ATL dealers offering right now?
    Not sure about ATL, but there is a full page ad in the Memphis paper today, "GMC - Financing That Fits". Enclave is only one of the 3 listed there, $2500 Cash Back - 2008 model. Tahoe LTZ $6000 cash back. Escalade $7000 cash back.

Well, went to the GMC.COM page and Acadia has the same $2500 cash back. I went and searched inventory and did NOT find the selling price displayed as when I bought an Outlook under the Employee Pricing, $1500 rebate in August. So, this offer looks to be 0% or $2500 rebate, but without the EP already calculated.
    I believe there is $2500 customer cash as well as $2,000 mfg to dealer cash.

On trade however they are offering $27K for something that was $46k new and it only has 19k miles. If that's how well domestics hold there value I'm done.
    why are you trading in the enclave??
    Its a multitude of reasons but for a few:

!). Own 2 SUV's and don't need more than 1.

2). A teenage driver that should have something smaller to learn on.

3). Prefer the other SUV to the Enclave.
    too bad u didn't realize you didn't need the enclave prior to you purchasing that enclave.

with gas pricing coming down... it might be easier for you to sell on the open/private seller market.

did u try carmax... they'll give (typically) a better price than the $tealerships!!
  • golicgolic Member Posts: 714
    Does anyone have some recent quotes or purchase figures to share? I am thinking of buying the enclave and was curious to what other quotes people are getting??

Thanks..
  • Uncle_BUncle_B Member Posts: 4
    I found a 2008 CXL 2WD with 5K miles on it at a dealership in Roseville, MI. It was loaded with every possible option (except AWD). It was listed for $35,000 in the ad, and I got the dealer down to $30,500 which equaled to about $32,600 out the door after tax and all fees. I wasn't 100% decided at the time so I didn't jump on it right away and when I finally did make my way down to the dealership, the car was already sold :-(

I've been searching high and low ever since and it looks like that price will be tough to match for that mileage and all the options it had. However, I have found a few similar ones for $35,000.

I ended up going with a pretty much basically equiped CXL with 16K miles on it. Got it from a private party for $25,000. Picking it up tomorrow!
  • cschneider3cschneider3 Member Posts: 39
    I have been looking at a 2008 used fully loaded CXL with only 8,000 miles on it for 34,900. Spoke with a car salesman at the dealer (family memeber) and found out it was an old couple that drove the car and decided to trade it in for a 2009 fully loaded version. Hoping to talk the car down to 32,000 out of the door tomorrow.
  • golicgolic Member Posts: 714
    I am considering buy a new 2009...so was hoping to get some info and what offers people are getting on this vehicle. I am hoping to lease (if GM is still writing leases) otherwise I would be in your shoes and trying to find a deal on a low mileage 2008.
  • Tarheel85Tarheel85 Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking at a loaded 2009 CXL with a MSRP of $46,610. This vehicle is a dealer demo with 5,500 miles on it. Dealers in the area are offering new vehicles at invoice plus 0% financing. What is a reasonable discount for a demo vehicle with this many miles?
  • TiredBuyerTiredBuyer Member Posts: 10
    Have you had any luck with Enclave pricing seems as though 1500 below sticker with fair trade vale? Has anyone had any better luck taking the 0% financing in New Orleans area?
    Keep looking, supplier pricing is widely available, but many folks with persistence are able to get invoice pricing minus incentives. I settled on supplier pricing which is a few hundred away from invoice minus whatever incentives are on the table at delivery (I ordered). This usually equates to about $3000 off sticker but could be less on a lesser optioned rig. That would be supplier price minus any incentives, so realistically you could easily be UNDER invoice.
  • Tarheel85Tarheel85 Member Posts: 2
    I'm in the Atlanta area and just bought a 2009 Enclave CXL FWD, Dark Crimson with Ebony interior loaded with just about every feature except the 2nd row console.

MSRP $48,135
    Negotiated Price: $43,344 plus tax, tag, title
    0% Financing for 5 years

Negotiated Price was $200 over Employee Pricing plus $395 doc fee. They were not willing to budge on the doc fee but I felt I had a good deal anyway. Also threw in a set of all weather mats. Another dealer was willing to sell at Employee Pricing but didn't have the color I wanted. Some of the other dealers were not willing to go below Supplier Pricing so it definitely pays to shop around.
  • byrne222byrne222 Member Posts: 9
    I met with a CT dealership the other day, test drove a '09 Enclave. When we talked pricing the sales person said he could "go about $2000 below MSRP". I mentioned I have the availability for GM Supplier Pricing, and immediately offered that pricing, which is 1% of MSRP over invoice.

(Note the supplier offer was: $41,046 (Invoice) + $443 (1% of MSRP) = $ 41,409.)

Question 1: Should I not mention the availability of GM Supplier Pricing to see if I can get closer/below invoice?

Question 2: In addition to the 0% financing, they also offered $2000 rebate because I am ending a lease on another (non-GM) vehicle I have.. I have not heard of this incentive . anyone else.

Thanks in advance.
    1. If I remember correctly the offer you got IS supplier pricing and it's not bad.

2. That is the current offer, which I hope is still around when mine is delivered. The zero percent by itself is a pretty good deal but with the cash that is great.
  • farefare Member Posts: 4
    I'm looking at a Certified Pre-owned 2008 Enclave CX AWD with 20000 miles. Asking price is $26999. It has the dual sunroof and that's about it. The miles have me hesitant. Any thoughts on price? :confuse:
  • 4beachbums994beachbums99 Member Posts: 2
    I had decided to take the plunge and attempt to purchase an Enclave. I do pay close attention to the news and had concerns about buying GM but decided to have faith, help out the econonmy and Detroit and buy American (previous cars have been MB, Volvo, Acura, and Toyota). I really do like the features of this vehicle.

However, after trying to work with two different dealers I am seriously losing interest. The first dealer was trying to negotiate UP from supplier pricing that I am eligible for (mainly by trying to get MSRP on the HTR package - $1300 for that is NOT invoice). I am not going for the incentives as I want the 0%/60 deal.

After much research on this and other boards, I put the numbers together that were exactly half-way between Employee and Supplier pricing which was provided to me by dealer #1. I have seen others get LESS than this price even when combined with the 0% offer.

I provided this refined offer to a second dealer and after 24 hours they flat out said no way and good luck.

Just for info, the vehicle I want is at another dealers lot in the state and would have to be transferred. The vehicle has every option except the console and it is a CXL FWD - dual headrest dvd's are already installed. Dealer #1 salesperson even said that the loaded vehicles are harder to get rid of!

I have given two options to dealer #2 - one with no trade-in and just money down (this amounted to using Employee Pricing) and the other option with my trade for which I have a CarMax appraisal and that dealer #1 said they would meet (this amounted to $1000 over Employee and $1000 under Suppler).

Any thoughts on if this is why I am having difficulty? Should I just give up and find another car I like?
    Could you explain the difference in calculation between Employee Pricing, Supplier Pricing, and Credit Union Pricing. I am looking at an Enclave with a MSRP of $39755 and estimated cost of $39698 according to Edmunds. I am trying to do this before the weekend and the dealership I am dealing with wants to give me Credit Union Pricing and says he is saving me money. I cannot find a dealership who will explain this to me. Thanks in advance for your help.
    Sorry, the estimated cost was $36968
  • 4beachbums994beachbums99 Member Posts: 2
    The Credit Union price seems to be what is listed on the "invoice" as the Supplr price. The car I am looking at is MSRP of 48515, Supplier 44712 and GMS (employee) 42793.
    So would you say that Employee Pricing is based on a 5% discount off of Supplier Pricing or is there another calculation. Thanks for the help.
  • stevieg1stevieg1 Member Posts: 2
    You may be having difficulty getting the best discount because the dealer does not have the car sitting on their lot. Go to the Buick website and find what dealers have your car and email the internet manager for a quote. I just purchased a fairly loaded new (25 mi) 2009 silver green metallic Enclave CXL from a local Buick dealer here in So Cal and couldn’t be happier with the car and the deal. It took a little bit of shopping via email with internet car sales people but ended up buying the car for $38,000 + sales tax and DMV registration (no added fees). The car had a Mfg. window sticker of $47,100.00 and they even told me if my wife didn’t like the color, I could exchange it for a silver Enclave with the same options and price! They gave me 48 hours to return for an even exchange. What a pleasurable buying experience and of course my wife loved the car.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter wants to interview someone who drives a 3-row crossover, has kids and plans to drive the vehicle to a vacation destination instead of taking an airplane.
    If this describes you, please respond to jfallon@edmunds.com by Monday, April 6, 2009 and indicate your vehicle's make and model.
    Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    Coporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• sandmoresandmore Member Posts: 3
    looking for an Enclave now in Socal. Mind letting us know your dealer?
    thanks,

I just got a call from them independently & starting quote seemed pretty good...did you manage to negotiate them down or were they pretty firm?
  • mattergator50mattergator50 Member Posts: 6
    I finally settled on a Buick Enclave CXL with a MSRP or $42,950. I had been looking for about 2 months. Since I've started looking, the lease to cash money has gone from $2000 to $1500, the $500 private offer coupon is not combinable with the 0% interest offer, and since the vehicle I wanted turns out to be a demo with 2000 miles on it, I can take it with a $300 discount or take a zero mile new one on a dealer trade and pay about $800 more due to a price increase from Buick on vehicles built after October (I think that's what they said). So, I look at this as an $1800 increase in two months. I'm trying to buy American, but why?

For what it's worth, I was offered invoice minus $1000 (of their $1121 holdback). With 0% financing, the $1500 lease to buy cash, and $1000 from the GM card (I've got $8200 in credits---but with limitations), I was at $37,200 +tax/tag. Is this a competitive offer???? Please advise.

Also considering an Acura MDX, but prefer 2nd row captain chairs. But, they seem to be a bit more expensive and with the interest expense the Buick is still appealing

Thanks in advance for your feedback.
  • jidlerjidler Member Posts: 1
    The MSRP on a 2008 Enclave clx was $44610. the car has 1700 miles on it, but is still titled as new. We settled on a price $37052....am I leaving any money on the table.

The supplier price was $42092 - $2500 cash back...a $640 credit for the miles, and a ....finally less $1500 for the dealer hold back.

Any thoughts?
    I think you did fine. Could you have ground out another few hundred, ya probably, but you got an essentially NEW car for a great bottom line.

Forget about what you could have had and enjoy your ride. If you are anything like me, you are going to thoughly appreciate the Enclave.
  • kyatskyats Member Posts: 3
    I am looking at a 2008 Enclave CXL AWD Loaded to the max...with 20,000.
    The vehicle looks brand new, however, the dealer indicated that the unit is a GM Buy Back vehicle....he comments regarding the buyback were:

The buyback resaon for this Enclave is "Transmission shift calibration was not to customer's expectations." There is not an issue with the transmission, the customer just didn't like the calibration of the transmission.
    He also went on to say that the remainder of the 48K bumper to bumper warranty was still in tact, along with the remaining drivetrain warranty.
    Has anyone ever purchased a GM BUYBACK vehicle??

Does the GMS pricing apply to these Buyback vehicles?
    Thanks in advance.