Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Buick Enclave Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• roughyearroughyear Member Posts: 52
    one word.... PASS!!!!

if you know it's a buyback, then every little nuisances that pops up is gonna make u regret u bought the car.

unless he's knocking off 50%... move on!
  • mattergator50mattergator50 Member Posts: 6
    I agree. I can't imagine trying to unload a car like this down the road. Would this show up on a carfax? Can't be worth it unless the savings are at least $4-5k.

Good luck.
  • doogie94doogie94 Member Posts: 2
    Looking to get an Enclave and got a quote from an internet manager on a 2009 Enclave with a MSRP of about $46,500 for $41,749 plus taxes and fees. The invoice price with out incentives is $43,159. Is this a good deal?
  • genieageniea Member Posts: 3
    Holy Smokes... I just experienced the identical scenario. Are you in Michigan?

Same thing....... Bells and Whistled out to the gills........ Almost one of a kind....

GM BUY BACK.... What's the big deal about it? So what..... covered (insured) to the gills, as well.......

:confuse:
  • bt06bt06 Member Posts: 32
    Does anyone have any idea what will happen to the price of GM vehicles if and as it appears when GM declares bankruptcy. I would assume a number of incentives would go out the window, so how will the company market and effectively sell the vehicles? I'm specifically interested in the Enclave but a little unsure of buying due to the uncertain future.

Any ideas...
  • tourguidetourguide Member Posts: 190
    My personal opinion is that when bankruptcy comes it will create a temporary disruption in the supply chain. GM will continue to operate, they dealerships will continue to service vehicles, etc. The government recognizes this company as too big to fail, so they are going to support them through the painful restructuring.

Is this going to cause the value of GM vehicles to fall - probably. Will this last a long time? That likely depends on how quickly they emerge from chapter 11.

I bought an Encalve knowing this was a probable scenario in February. Am I worried? No. Should I be? That is really a question for the futurists among us.

The E is really such a fine automobile I am really enjoying every day driving it. If you buy one, I am confident that you will too.
    Thanks for the input, we drove the Enclave and to say we loved it would be an understatement. We were amazed at the fact that we drove a 2008 model and were more impressed with it than the 09 models we drove from other makers.
  • jcp1stjcp1st Member Posts: 1
    Located in west central Illinois and looking at a new 2009 CXL which has a list of $44635 on which the dealer has offered a cash price of $42767 with another $750 off for 'consumer cash' and another $1500 for 'GM bonus cash' plus another $500 off for Farm Bureau membership - net $40,017

Would it be reasonable to start with a lower beginning price than the dealer cash price - such as ??? - and then apply the discounts?

Also looking at a comparably equipped '09 CXL program car with 9,xxx miles at another dealership which I think is overpriced at $35,600 - This unit has been in
    the dealer's inventory for nearly three months. Ideas as to what you should be able to close for on this one?
    A lot of people are getting invoice pricing on these minus incentives. I think should be your goal unless you feel confident that you can get more than that. You can determine invoice fairly easily on the Internet. Take your vehicle options, the base model and look it up.

I got supplier pricing (sounds like you got that too) which I was happy with as it is a few hundred off invoice and I don't like to haggle. It is hard to say precisely what kind of deal you have without knowing the options on your Enclave. Good luck.
  • maxthedogmaxthedog Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone have an idea as to what will happen to dealer incentives being offered on the Enclave once GM is in bankruptcy? Will the incentives remain at current level, disappear altogether, increase?
  • jsonnyjsonny Member Posts: 2
    Given that GM is officially in Bankcrupty I am trying to figure out what the best price I should be looking for on an Enclave CXL. The MSRP is 46,050 with an invoice price of 43,177. I know that there is an advertised promotion of $2,250 cash back and am not sure if that is combinable with the 60 months 0% APR. If I am looking to take advantage of the 60 months at 0%, what should I expect to pay for the car?

Any insight or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
  • hammer413hammer413 Member Posts: 1
    Similar to the last question. Just went into my local Buick dealer and they offered me the following:

2009 Buick CXL FWD
    MSRP 43055
    Dealer Discount - 2635
    Factory Incentive -750

Total 39670 + TTL

Haven't negotiated any, told them I would think about it...was thinking about asking them to include dual headrest DVD players installed and would take it....or could I do even better? We live in a military community that really hasn't felt the effects of what has been going on elsewhere in the US.

Thanks in advance for your help!!
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter from a finance magazine is looking to speak to consumers who are owners of a Buick Enclave. Please send your daytime phone number and the vehicle you own to ctalati@edmunds.com by Tuesday, June 16, 2009.
  • mikejtmikejt Member Posts: 6
    Got a quote back on may 21 from a dealer in NJ

The vehicle i sent in the quote for was cocoa with leather
    interior, with 2,2,3 seating with power sun roof, remote start, power liftgate, rear camera.

Sticker MSRP of $40490
    Quote $36202 if you qualify for all available rebates

Am going to get new quotes but how does this seem. This was just an email request, no visit and haggling yet.

Quess could get better.
    Any one have ideas???
    Anyone out there towing a Brenderup horse trailer with their Enclave?

I'm considering buying the Brenderup to haul my horses.

They are 1950 lbs. empty... with GVWR 5000...

No long distance... just local shows and trails...
    Anyone ??

Thnx
    Genie
  • dibsdibbledibsdibble Member Posts: 1
    I am currently looking at a 2009 CXL 8Passenger, White Diamond Tricoat, Ebony Int., Nav.
    MSRP $44,365
    My price $40,360 + tax.
    Current incentive= 0% up to 60 months or $2250 cash back.
    I am torn between waiting for better incentives for the 2009 clearances or waiting a few months for the 2010s.
    The problem is the 09s are getting harder to find with desired options.
    Any opinions welcome.
    Thank you
    The problem is the 09s are getting harder to find with desired options.

This is going to be your big challenge. I don't know how long you're going to have to wait for the offers on the 09s to get better, but by the time they do you'll have to take what is available. Only you know if that is OK. Good luck.
  • figure8fanfigure8fan Member Posts: 3
    I'm wondering if I should wait until the 2010 or go ahead an purchase the 2009. I was told the 2010 will come out late Aug or Sept. Their is a 0% interest and/or a 2,250.00 cash back until 6-30-09. I didn't read where you couldn't get both. Is it not both? Does it depend on the dealership? There isn't a shortage of 2009 Enclave's here, but if the 2010 are coming out they probably will be improvements and changes from the 2009. Wouldn't it be a better deal, plus a newer Enclave. Let me know what everyone thinks about waiting until the 2010 come out. Or would this be a mistake. I do need to purchase a vehicle sometime soon. Thanks for your input.
  • figure8fanfigure8fan Member Posts: 3
    Does anyone know when you can order a 2010 Enclave? Or when they can be seen? Is anyone waiting to purchase a 2010 instead of a 2009? Do you think their will bemany changes for the better or prices incentives? Thanks.....
  • sprmariosprmario Member Posts: 15
    if you fiddle around with the inventory search engine for GM you can get 2010 Enclaves to show up. I have a bunch here in South Florida at the local dealerships. The window stickers show up and everything. I have not physically gone to see if they are actually there but they show up in inventory. You can see the new CXL1 and CXL2 trims in those stickers as well as the new available packages for the Entertainment systems. The new names are much easier to figure out.
  • ven7782ven7782 Member Posts: 31
    2009 Buick Enclave CXL FWD MSRP: $37,380 Invoice: $35,324.

A local dealer in Central jersey is offering more incentives over the invoice price and the price comes to somewhere around 32,000. I guess this should be a better deal. Any suggestions?
  • mts13mts13 Member Posts: 1
    Can you tell me what dealer in Central NJ. I'm in CT and there isn't much inventory up here. I'm also finding that the dealers won't negotiate at all on price. They say that tis supplier price is it - won't even take a few hundred off.

Does anyone have some recent prices paid. I'm looking for a 2009 CXL AWD.

Many Thanks
    i've been working on contacting a couple of dealers and they don't seem to be very good at getting back to you. Slow going trying to negotiate a price right now.
  • ven7782ven7782 Member Posts: 31
    FREEHOLD PONTIAC-BUICK-GMC TRUCK, INC.

I only have a telephonic conversation with a sales guy and did not visit personally. He wanted me to visit his showroom and in this process he might have thrown this number at me. I still am weighing my options.
  • karenkjkarenkj Member Posts: 7
    Where are you in S. FLorida? We are looking at the 2009 and can't get anything below supplier (with 0%). Have you had any luck?
  • doogie94doogie94 Member Posts: 2
    Just got a 2009 cxl AWD with a MSRP of $44,630 for $41,589. Supplier pricing, 0% for 60 months and another $1,000 for coming out of a current lease. Only one I could find wit options I wanted within 150 miles. No room on price. Seems like a good deal
    A new 09 or 10 with the options we wanted didn't fit our budget. Found an 08 clean carfax all the features we wanted listed for 33k. Got the dealer down to $30,200...they say there is no more room to negotiate...we were pushing for 29,000. Just checking in to get unbiased opinions on this price...

Good deal/bad deal, thoughts?

P.S. Can't remember all the features it has so I'll list what it doesn't have:.
    No sunroof, no navi/dvd sys, no BOSE, no folding rear view, no backup camera.
    It has everything else and upgraded chrome rims.

They wanted to get us in an 09 but we couldn't get the features we wanted.
    i got a 2009 cxl fwd , sticker 43.5K for 41 in mid june

from FREEHOLD PONTIAC-BUICK-GMC TRUCK, INC.
    they only had like 4 09 at the time.
    got 0% so could not get the extra rebate at the time

They were very friendly and did not push at all.
    Went we did the financing they did not even try to sell any extras
  • richardnvarichardnva Member Posts: 91
    Just took my first test drive of a Enclave CXL2 last night. Loved it! My wife had some problems getting the seat and steering wheel adjusted (she's only 5'3") and had a hard time getting to a point where the steering wheel didn't block the instrument cluster. Other than that she loved it and is ready to buy... only one problem, we are hearing rumors that GM may shut down Buick. Does anyone have any tangible evidence to support this rumor one way or the other? Thanks!
    I asked that question at least 4 or 5 times and was assured Buick will be around. The only tangible proof I can offer is a statement from the company. See below, I included the link under it so you can read it when you get a few minutes.

General Motors' core brands - Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick and GMC - will have a total of just 34 U.S. nameplates by 2010. This emphasis on fewer, better entries will enable the new GM to put more resources into each nameplate, resulting in better products and stronger marketing.

link title
    Click where it says link title for the press release.
    looks like GM is planning on keeping Chevrolet, GMC, Buick and Cadillac.
    Just bought my 2009 CXL on Friday. It seems that the '09 incentives are on their way down. Here is how I did:

MSRP: $46,465
    Purchase Price: $40,947
    Plus Tax, Tag, Title & Fees: $2,949
    Less Rebates: $4,000
    Out the Door Price: $39,896

This was then financed at 3.99% from PenFed. I put down an additional $1,800 for a payment of $701.43.

I really wanted to get this purchase in before the end of the month. I paid Employee pricing less $500 with the dealer fee ($650) waived as well.
  • vrmvrm Member Posts: 310
    Hi,
    Congratulations!

FWD or AWD? Can you please provide name of dealer?

Thanks.
  • richardnvarichardnva Member Posts: 91
    bt06,
    Thanks for posting that article, it's very helpful. For some reason I missed that when doing my research online.

I actually think GM could consolidate into three core lines, I'm still confused at the diferentiation between the Chevy and GMC markets, but that's a whole different conversation. :)

I've really been trying to find a solid American car that we can purchase, and hope the Enclave works out. We still have some more test drives to do on other cars. Unfortunately for us (good for the dealer), they didn't have any Acadia's for us to test drive when we drove the Enclave. We're also looking a few other cars.

Thanks again!
    richardnva,

We drove both Acadia and Enclave (among many others), but in my opinion between the two it comes down to styling. We liked the Enclave's styling better so we got an Enclave. The vehicles are virtually the same once you get inside. So much so my wife declared she liked the green lights on the dash and center console with the woodgrain in the Enclave over the Acadia's red dash lights, no woodgrain...yes it was that granular.

The Enclave is a bit quiter and claims to have a smoother ride. Both rode smooth to me so I couldn't tell much difference in that department. If both have leather there's not much difference inside. One of the Acadia's we drove had cloth seats but it was like a sport cloth or something, I actually really liked it and wouldn't have an issue with it vs. leather. Similiarly equipped we found there wasn't much difference in price for what we wanted.
  • wvbillswvbills Member Posts: 12
    So I learned that I could get supplier pricing for being a Navy Federal Credit Union member. Went and got my authorization code so I'm good to go.

I went to gmautobuilder.com/BuildYourOwn/ to try to find out what the supplier pricing is for the 2010 Enclave but it only lists the Lacrosse for 2010.

Anybody know how to find the supplier pricing for the 2010 Clave?
    AWD CXL2 WDT

Thanks
  • queenlqueenl Member Posts: 5
    After weeks of searching I finally found a 2009 Cocoa Enclave CX about a few hours drive from my home. I submitted an online offer and we agreed on a price. I was feeling pretty good about the deal I got on my Enclave CX until the last minute. The only factory options were a sunroof, rear console, powerlift gate and spare tire. MSRP was $37,580, supplier pricing $36,028 (everyone gets this don't think you have to be a member of a credit union or something). After rebate it was $34,278. Dealer invoice was $35,806. So, I felt pretty good about getting $1528 below invoice. (This was on par with some of the data I read from Consumer Reports and Edmunds TMV.) They said the price on the tag was the price you pay and there was no room for negotiation. (Did anyone else hear that?)

At the last minute, I changed my mind and declined the factory rebate of 1750 in favor of the 0% financing. It was more savings in the long run but of course it took the price of the vehicle slightly over invoice. So, I wondered if I should have tried a little harder to reduce the sale price in the beginning, but C'est la vie. I do encourage everyone to pull out the calculator and crunch numbers with the accounting office. The final rate of payment was greater than the interest and principal combined. It left me thinking they were padding for extra profit. I also did Cash for Clunkers. At first they tried to tell me that my "clunker" was not one of the accepted vehicles. I had been to the Cars website and GM's website and both said that it was. I even printed out a copy of the voucher and presented it to the salesman. I held my ground and after leaving for a few minutes the salesman came back with a different answer. I believe they didn't want to do the clunker and were hoping that I didn't know better. They did refuse to give the salvage/scrap value of the vehicle. I called to report them to CARS for that. They are supposed to add that also.

The final thing that annoyed me was that the dealership offered me a gift card or free gas to return a "completely satisfied" evaluation. In order to get this, I must return the evaluation directly to the dealership, I can't mail the form straight to the factory. What a scam! I bet that no evaluations are forwarded unless they are completely satisfied. When I get mine I will mail it directly to the factory. It kills me they are so forthright with this. I asked him why should I mail it to them, instead of the return address on the envelope. He said because they get their bonuses based on receiving completely satisfied evaluations. Translation: If you have any comments to make that are less than glowing, mail them direct if you really want the factory to receive the comments.

All in all though, I absolutely love the car. No problems yet, but then I've only owned it for about a week. Another tip, I'm going to take my car to Best Buy or something. I can have the navigation system, rear cam and DVD player installed for about $600. A far cry from the price the 5K the factory wants for all of those upgrades.
  • blgreen24blgreen24 Member Posts: 3
    I am in the early stages of looking at purchasing a 2008 Buick Enclave CXL with 9,856 miles. It's pretty much fully loaded and the asking price is $36,998. Any insight into the long-term care/cost of maintenance, any general likes or dislikes about the vehicle itself would be greatly appreciated.
  • nechemianechemia Member Posts: 1
    Any chance your in the New york Area?.....I saw at a local dealership a 2008 cxl awd, with dvd i believe its 31000, and im sure that price is negotiable, if you really need navigation, im sure you might still be able to get it from local dealer or just go to best buy. let me know if you need more info. btw it has only 6000 miles on it, they said the guy who sold it to them, couldnt afford the payments...i dont know i thats BS or not, but it sounds good!(not for the guy who parted with the car).

Nechemia B.
  • mmhdmmhd Member Posts: 2
    We are looking at a 2009 Enclave at a dealership in Burlington, NC -- about an hour from us.

It is pretty fully loaded -- entertainment package 4, nav/dvd, back up camera, white diamond color, etc.

Sticker is $47,905. Need to know what is a good price to offer. From what I'm reading, I shouldn't expect them to come down much from sticker...? I did the TMV report on Edmunds and it said:

MSRP: $47,140
    Invoice: $44,007
    What Others Are Paying: $43,876

Also, this is a "demo car" and it has 1,100 miles on it. Hoping that might help in the negotiation. We want the 0% financing, too.

Thanks for any help! We are going in tomorrow (9/5).
  • vercingetorixvercingetorix Member Posts: 2
    I suspect that 'Supplier Pricing' is essentially the internet pricing deal.

I called GM corporate. Supplier Pricing is a 'no haggle' price from both sides. Dealer gets to move the vehicle at a price that is below what we know as the Dealers Invoice plus the marketing costs that the dealer considers part of its invoice. GM reimburses the dealer for the amount below the Edmunds figure for dealer invoice plus marketing. Buyer gets the 'no haggle' deal but, once the buyer specifies that they qualify and will invoke it, can't get a lower price on the new car purchase. Once the buyer identifies the transaction is to be in the Supplier Pricing Program, the dealer also can't sell it for more than the program price. Apparently, there is only wiggle room for vehicles with a "Price Effective Date" that falls before some GM cut-off that resets with some monthly (?) frequency and appears to be 3 months prior to the effective date of the reset.

I understood GM corporate to tell me that there is no corporate constraint on pricing of deals NOT in the Supplier Pricing program -- the dealer can sell at whatever price is economically feasable for them to do so. If they can move their vehicles in the local market at Supplier Pricing, there is little motivation for them to haggle lower. In this market (not as much impacted by the recession), apparently they have confidence they can move them. In other areas hit hard by the recession, I suggest that there might be motivation to sell at a lower price than Supplier Pricing, but those deals have to be done outside of that program.

Of course, falling outside this Supplier Pricing talk are any national incentives -- those have no effect on dealer profit. Make sure when the salesman quotes you a price you find out whether it is before/after incentives, destination, etc. Also, of course, trade-in allowance can be adjusted to get the sale and does not seem affected by the corporate constraints on the new car price under the Supplier Pricing Program. The Supplier Pricing Program locks in an at-least invoice price for the dealer, and at an implied cost, provides the participant purchaser a no-haggle price. You the buyer get a rip-off but feel better about it.

After reading through my post, it might seem that I speak with authority. Consider there to be a question mark after every assertion. I am as lost as the next guy. Post what you know -- I need to learn! Remember that these dealers somehow get rich despite selling at some of the lowball deals reported in forum posts that would be eating into holdbacks.
  • sierra10sierra10 Member Posts: 3
    Hi, I am about to purchase a 2009 CXL with moonroof, backup camera and sensors pkg, power folding mirror pkg and entertainment #1pkg:

MSRP $42,100
    purchase price of $39,400 (500 below invoice and Edmunds TMV price)
    less 2,000 incentive
    less 500 cash incentive in lieu of 60 day guaranteed return program
    final price $36,900 plus TT&L

Does this sound like a good deal?
    OK... trivial to some, but IMPORTANT to me. I read, re-read the Owner's Manual.
    I ma a techno-crat, so no problem with computers, functioning of my Enclave.

Oh yeah... it's CXL White Diamond, palomino leather, ... loaded to the gills.... can't load it with anything else, 'cept maybe a coffee maker!

Prieviously, I owned a Rendevous. I was able to chart my distance, but simply pushing a button... I would RE-SET it to ZERO. Then, when the Mapquest said 3.7, I was able to watch the meter till 3.7 miles. I cannot do this with the Enclave. Anyone out there experience this?

It was helpful having that function.

Thank You for the input.
  • wlbrown9wlbrown9 Member Posts: 867
    Trip odometer would do that unless I am not understanding you are wanting. My Outlook has 2 trip odometers.

bill
  • blendblend Member Posts: 4
    Has anyone heard of a Luxury and Fuel Inefficient Surcharge? I am in the state of NJ and the dealer wanted to tack on an additional .4%. Normally, NJ sales tax is 7%, not 7.4%. Any response would be appreciated.
  • tornado21tornado21 Member Posts: 1
    My part of the Midwest seems to be lacking in Buick Enclave Dealer inventory. Is this just a problem in my area or are other parts of the country experiencing the same thing? Are they selling that fast or is Buick producing them at a slower rate?
    it is there
    under the radio there are 4 buttons, first one is a check
    press the forth one and the display in the center of the dash between the tach and speedometer will change. The second or third item is trip odimeter

to rest it press the check button
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi blend. Unfortunately I believe that the additional tax that you mentioned is legit. The state of New Jersey is having terrible financial problems and I remember reading an article about it adding that surcharge on vehicles I believe some time last year.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum