Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Buick Enclave Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• aclongoaclongo Member Posts: 6
    Hey Tornado,

Major inventory problems in the NorthEast also. I did multiple checks in 3 syrrounding states to NJ and minimal available (especially LX1 models). There is OK stock on entry CX models though.

Thx,
    Anthony
    Blend,

The wonderful taxing state of NJ (especially Corzine) was at it again last year...any vehicle with an MSRP of $45000+ gets hit with an extra .4% sales tax. Just another way to tax to pay for more entitlements!

I just purchased a 2010 LX2 Diamond Tri-coat with MSRP of 48,300 (demo model).

After rebates (including Lexus) - paid 43,750 with 60 month 1.9% financing. Could have paid about $5 less per month if I went with Lexus 0% financing, but would rather have a lower principle loan amount in case I sell it early or total the truck.

Thx,
    Anthony
  • gordon22gordon22 Member Posts: 2
    I posted this in the lease section by mistake - any thoughts would be great:

We have the following offer from a dealer in NY to purchase an enclave. They will order this car for us.

2010 Enclave CXL2
    Black
    Hit the road package
    Sunroof
    19" wheels
    DVD nav (dropdown screen, not seat back)
    AWD
    2 Way advance remote

MSRP 50,920
    His offer: $48,250
    Rebates TBD depending on what they are next month when it arrives.

any thoughts on this deal?
  • chuckgechuckge Member Posts: 1
    You might want to check out LAFAYETTE BAY COMPANY..
    beatthedealer.net or Google it...they do fleet sales and the price is 50$ over dealer invoice(invoice on all options) and the car
    is delivered to a dealership near you, all rebates are included
    you will need to to pay a extra 200$ fee for the courtesy fee for the dealer prep
    I have bought my last 3 gm cars from them and I'll never buy from a dealer again
    Ordered

2010 Buick Enclave
    CXL1 AWD
    with White Dimond Tricoat
    and the Trailer Package
    Cashmere w/cocoa leather
    PCU Bose Sound System
    VK3 Front License Plate Bracket
    I PAID $41,670.. + the $200

Good luck
  • fawltytowers44fawltytowers44 Member Posts: 58
    Has anyone been able to get a dealer to try special ordering an Enclave with the GM adaptive cruise or the blind zone system? It seems like a fine car otherwise, but without those minimal safety items I can not rationalize buying it.
  • nissanznissanz Member Posts: 21
    edited May 2010
    Looking for a Buick Enclave in TX. Got the following deal from a dealer. Would like to know if this is a good deal

2010 Buick Enclave CXL-1
    FWD
    Cocoa Metallic/Cashmere leather
    Nav, Bose, leather with dual sunroof/moonroof, remote starter
    trailering package

Dealer offer $40200+ttl+free car washes and detailing for 3 years. (after all rebates)
  • realno6realno6 Member Posts: 5
    Buick Enclave sold in China for 87,753.5USD,How do you American think about it.
    This model sold bloody good in China,the dealer even charge for 5,000USD more than the official price,and waited for 1-3month,it really happened in China.God bless America.
  • rrt1rrt1 Member Posts: 9
    I am looking at a 2010 Enclave MSRP 43,650.00. What would be a good price to offer. The dealers first offer was 41,150. I think this is including the rebate?
  • akg4yakg4y Member Posts: 22
    That beatthedealer.net site looks like a total scam... buyer beware.
    I have been in touch with GM marketing managers and they state that no adaptive cruise control or blind spot information system is available now or will be available on the 2011 Acadia or Enclave. I will have to wait to see what the 2011 Ford Explorer looks like and what will be available on it - so far they are ahead of the curve in advanced safety features for US manufacturers as well as many Asian and European manufacturers.
  • mikejlmikejl Member Posts: 78
    I contacted the guy at beatthedealer.net for a price on an Enclave. I can easily beat his price with a supplier or credit union discount. I got no pressure from him and he hasn't followed up with any additional communications, so I wouldn't call it a scam, but it wasn't a good deal for me at all.

In my area, Enclaves disappear almost as fast as they hit the dealer's lot. Dealers have little incentive to offer great deals, so I'm thinking the supplier discount may be the best I can hope for right now.
  • rrt1rrt1 Member Posts: 9
    what is the supplier discount?
  • mikejlmikejl Member Posts: 78
    GM offers a supplier discount program to employees of some or all of their suppliers. It would be offered through your employer if it applied.

The same discount is offered through many credit unions, as well.

The price is not negotiable if you invoke the discount, which leaves you at some amount over invoice. In the past, I have been able to swing a better deal without using the supplier discount, but on this model, at this time, I can't.

A nice feature of the discount program is that I can get authorization for a friend or family member to participate in the program if I first use the discount to purchase a vehicle myself. So, even if you do not work for a GM supplier, you may know someone who can help you take advantage of this program.
  • dealmaestro10dealmaestro10 Member Posts: 20
    I am getting an offer of $37K excluding any rebates on a CXL-1 AWD with no extra options. Is that a good deal or I have room for a little bit more negotiation there?
    Thanks in advance.
    I purchased an LX2 in March with the following:

6,000 demo miles (warranty to 56,000 and 106,000 miles in writing)

White Diam Paint
    Nav
    DVD Ent
    Articulating Headlights
    Heat/Cooled
    Sunroofs
    20" Rims
    FWD

MSRP - 48,300
    Negotiated - 45,500
    Rebates - 1,000 cash back + 1,000 Lexus conquest
    Total - 43,500 with 1.9% special finance for 60 months

Good luck to all!
  • js06gvjs06gv Member Posts: 456
    Helped negotiate a deal for my sister on a 2010 Quicksilver/Ebony CXL1 dealer demo with 2,600 miles on it. Only option was the cargo convenience pack for an MSRP of $39,535. After $2,500 rebate and dealer discount, she paid $33,120. This is one of he better deals I've seen and I know the end of year and demo aspects saved her quite a bit, but it looks like Enclave prices in general are finally starting to come down. Beautiful car and I'm tempted to go back and buy another one for my wife.

2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium, 2016 Kia Optima SX, 2013 Ford F-150 King Ranch, 2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6, 2001 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic

• jek2005jek2005 Member Posts: 1
    CarMan is this a good deal or do I have wiggle room, I was hoping $550/month and nothing down except minimum costs which I think work out to $1200. Went to dealership in NJ.

MSRP $41,505
    Sell Price $40,700
    Residual 46%
    Money Factor .00045
    $1500 Down
    $588/month $15K miles/39 months
  • ahzroe1ahzroe1 Member Posts: 6
    Where did you make this purchase?
    Classic in Carrollton, TX

2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium, 2016 Kia Optima SX, 2013 Ford F-150 King Ranch, 2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6, 2001 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic

• ahzroe1ahzroe1 Member Posts: 6
    Too far from Ohio! I found a 2010 demo today. CXL1, AWD, sunroof, and chrome clad rims. I am interested in 0% interest. 6500 miles. Thoughts on an offer?
    I would think at least $7,000 off inclusive of the $2,500 rebate.

• klb40klb40 Member Posts: 1
    In late October, I purchased a 2011 Ming Blue CXL2 AWD Enclave in the Washington, DC area that had an MSRP of $51020.

Options/charges included:
    Power Sunroof ($1400)
    Audio sys w/nav and rear seat DVD ($3185)
    Trailering Package ($455)
    Hit the Road package ($1110)
    Destination Charge ($775)

Incentive/Rebates:
    $2000 for Buick Rebate and $750 for being a USAA member for a total rebate of $2750.

Price negotiated on vehicle: $48592
    Add documentation fee, taxes, licensing, and other state charges and minus any rebates, out the door price was: $49173.

I’m sure I could have done better if I held out but I got the color interior/exterior I wanted so I was happy. Hope this helps others.
  • kcmattkcmatt Member Posts: 3
    Sharing the price I paid on a 2011 Buick Enclave, CXL-2, AWD
    Base (@ MSRP): $44,095
    Options (@ MSRP)
    > Red Jewel Paint: $395
    > Sunroof: $1,400
    > 20" Chrome Clad Aluminum Wheels: $300
    > Trailering Provision Package: $525
    Destination: $775
    Total MSRP: $47,490

Price (excluding tax and title, but including $99.99 document fee): $42,294
  • mtntbirdmtntbird Member Posts: 3
    kc matt

where did you get that deal? sounds good
  • juicytxjuicytx Member Posts: 1
    This site has been helpful so time I give something back. We just purchased a 2011 Enclave with the following
    Tri-coat diamond white
    hit the road package
    Trailer set up
    Sunroof
    20 inch wheels

MSRP was 43650.00
    Price paid including tax, title and licence was 41,282.04
  • jiml84jiml84 Member Posts: 1
    How do you like the sunroof over the 2d row seats? We have two kids that normally occupy the second row. Are you able to keep the 2d row seating area at a comfortable temperature? I have a moonroof in my car and normally pull the shade across it on really hot and/or cold days.

How do you like your Enclave over all? We've had a minivan for 10+ years and would like to move up to a more stylish ride, however, we're not sure we want to give up all the capacity for luggage, groceries and gear.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
    Jim
  • mmhdmmhd Member Posts: 2
    Jim,
    We LOVE the sunroof, and our kids do too. My daughter does complain that the air vent isn't directly above her seat, making it take a bit longer to cool down in the summer time (the vent is forward of her seat a little). But she hasn't said a word about staying warm in the winter months.

As for capacity in the back, we have been very happy with the Enclave. We traded in a Cadillac Escalade (huge back end) for this and feel this has even more room than the Escalade did. How many kids do you have? We have two, and keep the 3rd row folded down most of the time, so there is tons of room (several suitcases, golden retriever, etc). When we have to transport a 3rd kid, we just flip one side up. Very easy.

Good luck and happy holidays!!

Mindy
  • zackbcmzackbcm Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2011
    Just to share my experience:

>Buick Enclave CXL1
    >Options:
    1. Trailering System
    2. Chrome

MSRP: $41255
    Paid: $35952 + TTL + 36 months 0% APR

Not sure if it's a good price.
  • tap24tap24 Member Posts: 7
    Considering ordering because of specific preferences (CX-L, no sunroof, black interior, Bose audio; also like Ice Blue Metallic color). Do dealers special order for leases or only for purchases? Assume all other things equal -- i.e., need same lease deal as I would get as if buying something on lot. My guess is I could get a better deal by getting something off the lot, but just wondering.
  • kcoreykcorey Member Posts: 130
    When I leased my '08 in June '07 the dealer did not have the car I wanted. I special ordered mine. It took 12 weeks (at that time) but it was the car I wanted...color and options. The price was the same...whether I bought it from his stock or special ordered it. I guess it depends on the dealer and what he has in stock, for how long he's had it, and how fast or slow business is. It's the old thing, shop around.
  • derdawderdaw Member Posts: 8
    Bought a 2011 CXL-1 FWD, opal white. Sunroof, trailer package, and 19" wheels were the only options. MSRP was $42660. Paid $32300 + my 2004 Ford Explorer XLT (trade in value $6K)
  • aaplsueaaplsue Member Posts: 37
    We got taken big time!
    Purchased a BRAND NEW enclave from Vicotor Buick in Corona, contract states the car is brand new.
    I am being told by GM that the car does not have a full warranty WHAT? the dealer had the car for several months and so I loose those months of warranty it sat on the lot. Gm tells me the car was shown at a auto show, I'm suppose to take there word for it and loose out on my warranty.
    By law they claim they can't give me my warranty back or extend for free even though I purchased at an authorized dealer NEW (ok-you can sell it for a dollar) that is legal. We have been taken big time. My first GM and I have never had so many issues with a car before, I need every bit of warranty I can get.
    I will not keep the car now, this is going to cost me big time!
    Hi AAplsue

Wow! What a nightmare. Of course they are still lying out of their orifices when thay say that they can not extend the warranty - thay can give you whatever they feel like giving you in compensation. However, you probably would be better off getting rid of it before what warranty there is expires.

Car show vehicles take a severe beating to their doors, hoods, trunks, windows, seating and electrical systems via the tens of thousabnds of times people open the panels, use the windows and seat adjustments and sit in the seats. Some cars even have components replaced during the course of the show because the use in the shows is equavalent to what would happen to a car in 10 to 15 years of ownewrship. Anyone who has been at the auto show on the last day has seen handles missing or non-functioning, weather striping gone or damaged, seating surfaces visibly worn and so on.

Contacting GM directly may get you some satisfaction - this would make a good news story if properly presented in that the car is in no way a new car by any "man on the street" standards.

Best of luck
    GM will do nothing for us, it was difficult to get a call back, The authorized dealer is no longer in business. I happen to find out that my warranty expires months earlier while I was getting another recall done. GM tells me by phone conversation the car was a demo car so I do not get the full warranty. My purchase agreement states the car is NEW which I get full warranty. I paid new car sticker price. I will never buy a GM car again this is a horrible experience.
  • kcoreykcorey Member Posts: 130
    For what this is worth...In 2002 I purchased a 2002 Olds Intrigue. At that time it had a 5 year/50,000 mile warranty. When I purchased it it had 3,500 miles on it...it was a demo, but I paid just about full price...the car was just what we wanted and it probably would have been impossible to find another like it. Anyway, I ended up selling the car in 2005 with 34,000 miles on it to my best friend. Again, it was just what he wanted and he knew the car had been serviced regularly and never abused. At about 40,000 miles he needed a new rack and pinion (not unusual in NYC..."pothole city"). GM stated that the car only had a 36,000 mile warranty. I luckily had saved the original brochures which clearly stated it had a 50,000 mile warranty. GM sent a "service rep" to see him, and they "extended" the warranty to 53,500 miles, something that the dealer had neglected to do. It seems that the dealer did not fill out the proper paperwork and forward it to GM. What's the point of all this? Don't give up the fight!! Contact GM directly. They are good people. They will back their products. (No, I don't work for GM). They are a hell-of-a-lot easier to work with and more responsive than say Toyota, Honda, etc. You got a raw deal...absolutely...but I'm sure that GM will be on your side if you reach out to them. Good luck.
    Thanks for that great info: I will try to contact GM directly again to see if they have a change of heart. They did tell us there were legal loop holes and that they could not help us and give us any kind of extended warranty, 4 months is not much to ask for. A friend who had been in the car business all his life said they could have sold the extended warranty for a dollar that would be legal. That may have been an excuse, I'm sure they could have worked with us just like they did for you. I have yet to see any proof from them that this really was a demo car it only had 98 miles on it, it was on the lot for 4 months. If they want me back now is the time for them to do the right thing because many people read these blogs, I will be happy to give an update.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    aaplsue,
    Can you please send me your VIN? I would like to look into this further. Feel free to include a description of the concerns you are experiencing. I look forward to your response.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    Hi Christina from GM,

Is there a phone contact number I can reach you? I would love to discuss this further.

Thank you for responding.
    aaplsue,
    I am happy to give you a call to discuss this further. Before I do so I will need you to email me your VIN, and contact information. I look forward to hearing from you.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    edited September 2011
    Again spoke with district mgmt at GM there is nothing they can do, the car was a special event car as to there recored weather it be wrong (dealer may have made error in paperwork) or not and they will not be sending me anything in writing because they are not allowed. They are not able to extend my warranty because it's out of there power. They will not honor my paperwork from the dealer. This is unbelievable.
    aaplsue,
    I would like to look into this further. Can you please email me your name and VIN? I look forward to your response. Have a great weekend!
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    Hi Christina,
    I have been dealing with a district Case Manager, they told me they do not know of internet Customer Service and my case has been handled at a Management level already. You can see how messed up this situation is and that I can't even get any help!
  • mike2015mike2015 Member Posts: 2
    2011 Enclave CX AWD, with following

Spare Tire and Wheel,
    Driver Confidence Package,
    Trailering Provision Package,
    Bose Sound System,

Drive out price $32500.
  • mike2015mike2015 Member Posts: 2
    Anyone know if this is a good deal or not? thanks!

2011 Enclave CX AWD, with following

Spare Tire and Wheel,
    Driver Confidence Package,
    Trailering Provision Package,
    Bose Sound System,

Drive out price $32500.
    aaplsue,
    Can you please email me your VIN? Also feel freel to speak with the Administrator or Host as to my idenity. I assure you I am General Motors Customer Service.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • dizzy100dizzy100 Member Posts: 1
    I am negotiating for a 2011 CLX2 enclave. Has clx 2 luxury package, sunroof and 20 inch wheels. Dealer msrp is 48,495. Quote I got after rebates was 43,294. Is this a good deal. Need quick response. Am on a time limit. Thanks
  • skelly7175skelly7175 Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2011
    DO NOT BUY A BUICK ENCLAVE!!!

I purchased this truck in 2008. Less than 1 month after purchase the sunroof leaked down the inside of the windshield and into the dashboard. I refused to take the truck back, as it was now no better than a flood car. GM refused to replace the car. After numerous discussions with the dealers General Manager, GM agreed to extend the warranty on the truck, insisting there was no electrical concerns from the dashboard being flooded.

Since then it has AVERAGED at least one trip to the dealer for electrical, and other problems PER MONTH since we have owned it.

They have had to gut the truck and replace the carpets that went mildew after the sunroof leaked again, after supposedly being fixed the first time.

They first tried to reprogram the nav/radio when it failed, and then ultimately had to replace the navigation/stereo unit.

They had to replace the windshield motor twice.

They had to replace the airbag sensors......twice

They have had to replace the traction control sensors once, and it is now at the shop again with THE SAME PROBLEM.

They have had to replace the tailgate sensor, which opened at random, including while driving.

Finally, after insisting that a district representative contact me, they offered to "BUY BACK" the truck. But............only if I accepted their deduction for the mileage, and only if it was deducted from the delta between the two MSRP'S.... the old and new. When you do the math, it is not even a decent trade-in offer!

I was told take it or leave it, and if I didn't take it I could "keep my lemon"............a direct quote from the GM District Rep!!!

This was said, despite the fact that he knew my wife and children had been stranded on the side of the road in this truck...........numerous times!

If anyone at GM had enough brains to sit down and do the math, they would look at the thousands of $$'s they have already had to pay out in warranty work on this truck, and then calculate the approx cost they will have to continue to lay out for the remaining 4 years of the extended warranty, and realize it would cost GM a lot less $$ in the long run to replace this truck, instead of incurring the monthly warranty expenses it has been, and will undoubtedly continue to rack up! If they buy it back, the warranty cost would stop, and they would save big. Of course the dealer doesn't care, he's getting paid...........it's GM that is taking it on the chin yet are not smart enough to resolve.

I have been a loyal GM customer, the son of a 47 year GM retiree. I have pushed many friends away from other brands, and into GM rides. I also own a lot of other high end GM rides, Z06/Hummer/Escalade etc. Yet we have been treated awful by both GM and the dealership.

After the way I have been treated by GM with this truck, I will NEVER recommend or purchase another GM product...............they have lost a valuable customer! I should have bought the Lexus instead of wasting almost 40K on this lemon!

So if there actually is anyone from GM reading these, by all means contact me.

My next step is to put a 6 foot long lemon on the roof of this car, with a big "Lemon for Sale" sign next to it, and park it in front of the dealership. After contacting the local ABC/NBS news consumer action reporters............they are chomping at the bit to cover the story.

If I don't get some response from GM soon, you can expect me to use the PR resources I have at my disposal to be certain the video of the event goes viral!
  • skelly7175skelly7175 Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2011
    The dealership is Grand Prize Cadillac/Buick/Chevy in Nanuet.................do not buy a car from these guys if you intend to take it there for service...........the service dept is a disgrace. Almost every repair has had to be done twice. The incompetence of the service department, just adds insult to injury on this situation........................with no attempt from GM to do the right thing and resolve this for a long time customer.............unless of course you count the lowball trade in offer they tried to disguise as a "Buy Back" & the lemon comments from the district rep!
    Go Skelly!!
  • adam2adam2 Member Posts: 1
    Just got a quote from dealer

2011 Buick Enclave CXL AWD (Red Jewel Tintcoat)
    MSRP $43,620
    After rebate $ 38,310
    plus 6.5% Sales Tax + Lic Plates $502 + Title Fee $131

Got quote from another dealer for a 2010 certified AWD CXL for $34,580 with 20K miles

Can't decide which one I should go for.