Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Buick Enclave Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi doubledown. $100 over dealer invoice is an excellent selling price, if the dealer is subtracting the $3,200 lease cash that is currently available on this model from your capitalized cost. However, it is a terrible deal if the dealer is pocketing the lease cash.

The Enclave is a nice truck, but ti me eight hundred bucks per month for one is nuts. You could get an X5, ML350, and maybe even a Cayenne for that.

Also, I'm surprised that you're looking at a 2WD version when you live in Chicago. Wouldn't you be better off going with AWD.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Here you go, snelldogg. GMAC's May base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Buick Enclave CLX1 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 1.6% and 39%, respectively.

General Motors is a $3,200 cash incentive on leases of this truck through GMAC and $2,400 for leases through US Bank in May.

Car_man
    Host
  • snelldoggsnelldogg Member Posts: 5
    Thanks Car Man!

Any chance you have MF and Residual for U.S. Bank as well? It seems thats the better lease price though they do charge a disposition fee.

Thanks again
    Doubledown...this is not a good deal keep looking. I am picking up my CXL1 AWD MSRP 47,060 next week. 15,000 miles a year, only inceptions down and paying $705 from GMAC. I am getting the car for 200 under invoice. You should be looking right around $700 as well.

Good luck
  • doubledowndoubledown Member Posts: 5
    edited May 2010
    Thanks carman. Appreciate your insight.

Interesting question regarding AWD vs. FWD. I was under the impression that the AWD is most effective in mountainous terrain. We now drive a FWD Pilot and a FWD sedan and both operate fine in the snow. Do you think I'd be wise to pursue the AWD?
    Will do. Thanks for the feedback snelldog, appreciate it.
  • rtlawrtlaw Member Posts: 5
    Hi experts!

I want to lease a 36 month 2010 buick enclave (will go no more than 39 months).
    The TMV is $43,152 (CXL1, FWD, sunroof, dvd, navigation,) I do not want to put any money down (besides ist month, dmv and destination charges), live in NY (8.25% sales tax and want to roll this into the payment also) What would be a good lease deal. Thanks!
    You're welcome snelldogg. US Bank's current lease rate for the 2010 Enclave is 0.96%. General Motors cash incentive on US Bank leases is only $2,400 instead of the $3,200 that it is offering on leases through GMAC.

Car_man
    Host
    No problem doubledown. If I lived in an area where it snows, I personally would never buy a 2WD SUV. I have always found that AWD vehicles offer much better traction in the snow.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi rtlaw. I would be happy to work up a sample lease payment on the Enclave that you are interested in for you, but in order to do so I need you to provide me with the MSRP and dealer invoice price of the exact model that you want instead of its TMV.

Let me know and I'll crunch some numbers for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Last question for now Car Man. Do you know the residual on a 36 or 39 month lease for the CXL 1 from U.S. Bank? Just getting all my numbers together. Even though they are offering less of a cash incentive their MF more than makes up for the difference if the residual is .40.

Thanks again!
    Car_man,'

Thanks for your help! I went to the dealer He has a CXL1 AWD (no dvd, no navigation). The MSRP is $42,805 (He wouldn't tell me the invoice price but told me not to worry,"he was fair"). He told me that 36 mos. 15K miles, zero down, would result in $699 per month (taxes included in this payment). BTW, he said I woud have to put down inception fees of $1456 which according to him were first month, $299 doc fee and registration fees -this doesn't work out unless registration is $450.

Is this a good deal? What can I counter with? This seems a bit high if your other posters have gotten a CXL2 fully loaded for $740 per month inclus-ding taxes.

Thanks.
    Hey snelldogg. Unfortunately, I haven't seen the US Bank lease program for the Enclave, only the GMAC program.

Car_man
    Host
    You're welcome rtlaw. When a dealer tells you not to worry, it's time to start worrying ;) . They don't have to tell you this truck's invoice price. That information is available right here at Edmunds.com. What the dealer does have to tell you is the selling price that they are charging you for the Enclave that you want. You wouldn't finance this vehicle without knowing what you were being charged for it. Leasing it without knowing the price is basically the same thing.

Car_man
    Host
  • michaelj7michaelj7 Member Posts: 5
    Hello,

I am hoping for some help on the lease deal presented by my local dealer today:

2010 - Enclave CXL-2
    36 Month Lease at 12K miles per year
    MSRP - $50,150
    Invoice - $48,133
    Purchase Price - $45,850
    Buyout Price at End of Lease Term - $21,457
    Lease Payment including Tax - $795
    Due at Signing - $1,395

This vehicle is loaded with white diamond paint, navigation, rear DVD player and sun roof. The dealer tells me the leasing is done through Bank USA as opposed to GMAC. Is this deal typical of what people are seeing?

Thanks
    Car man,

I spoke to the dealer today: He ssaid that the list price of the 2010 enclave cxl awd is $ 46,950. He then said that off this price he took $2400 gm deal, my $480 gm credit card dollars and $750 good credit score and he came up with $42,365.
    From this he said he could do 39mo. 12k per year @$685 per month incl. tax. He said I needed to put down $1,365 which was first month, registartion and docs fee.

My question: is this a good deal? I thought that the discounts above were taken off the selling price and if so does this mean that my selling price is the list price? Thanks for all your advice!
    Hi rtlaw. It sounds as though the dealer is running your deal through US Bank. It's good that they are subtracting the $2,400 lease cash from your car's price, but you should be able to negotiate an additional dealer discount on top of that.

There's around a $2,100 margin between this truck's full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. I personally would want the dealer to share at least half of that, if not more with me on my deal if I was in the market for an Enclave.

Car_man
    Host
    So I ended up going into my local Buick dealer and hammering out a deal this past weekend. Here are the specifics:

Enclave CXL-1 in Cocoa w/ Cashmere interior w/ Audio System w/ Nav, power sunroof & 2nd row moonroof and 19" Chrome Aluminum wheels.

MSRP was $44,850
    Adjusted capitalized cost (less $3200 capitalized cost red): $42605.73
    Monthly lease payment is $695.44 for 39 month lease with 15k annual miles allowed.
    I paid $889.44 at signing which included 1st months payment, tax and license costs.

Did I get a good deal? I was mostly concerned with paying $0 at signing except first months payment, tax and plate cost and having my monthly payment under $700.

Also, after we agreed upon the deal the salesman determined that I would qualify for a GM incentive due to my owning a Nissan Maxima. It had not been apart of our negotiations that have already taken place. He is now after me to fax him a copy of my registration for them to submit, but I am of the opinion that whatever the amount of the incentive (I believe it is $1000, do you know?) should be owed to me. I told the sales guy that I'm planning on having a rear dvd player installed and that this $$ could go towards that. Any opinion on this?
    Can anyone tell me what cars are included in the conquest program? (It was described to me as an incentive program GM has that awards $1000 for getting owners of other car manufacturers into GM cars)
    Hi doubledown. The only conquest cash that I am aware of on the 2010 Buick Enclave right now is $1,000 to current owners of Toyota or Lexus vehicles.

Car_man
    Host
  • tbrysontbryson Member Posts: 12
    I have been getting the run around at the local dealerships. Everyone promises to send numbers and only one dealer did. Here is the info I was given.

2010 CXL AWD
    White Diamond Tricoat
    Ebony w/ebony accents
    Power Sunroof with Second Row Skylight
    19' Chrome wheels

MSRP of 44,795.00 no selling price given.

39 month 12k miles per year

667.00 with 0 due at signing.

Ok, I want a CXL with running boards and navigation - I do not believe this has by the description.

Also, I need to trade my 2007 base Dodge Nitro in that I owe 16k. Can anyone give me the fair price for this trade. What they Buick is offering for lease at this point and what I should ask for as a fair price for this model.

It seems that because I am a woman they want to jerk me around.

Thanks - Tiffany :):)
  • kcoreykcorey Member Posts: 130
    You may be aware of this but the running boards are installed by the dealer not the factory. Look at some of the posts here or on enclaveforum.net for some further info. Personally, as far as the navigation unit goes, I think a good portable is a much better deal. You should be able to get a decent one (Tom-Tom, etc.) for about $200...a lot less than the factory-installed unit, and the updates (if you need them) are a lot less too. If you do a lot of traveling, I can see the usefulness of a navigation unit, otherwise, do you really need one? It's an expensive toy.
    No I didn't know they installed running boards at the dealer. I think you are correct about naviagtion I have a great unit now. I just hate the cords but maybe a professional install would solve that.

I hope someone has some insight on the deal for me.
    Hi Tiffany. Not surprisingly, the dealer that sent you this quote left out a very important piece of information, this vehicle's selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number, it is difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given and in turn if there is any room left to negotiate.

Find out what this truck's selling price is and let us know. I'm sure that either myself or another helpful community member will gladly give you their opinion on it.

If I was in the market for an Enclave right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of $500 to $1,000 over dealer invoice minus the $3,200 cash incentive that General Motors is currently providing on leases of this truck through GMAC. You can look up the dealer invoice price of the exact model that you're interested in over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

You also should be able to get an idea of approximately how much your Nitro is currently worth as a trade by looking it up in the Edmunds.com Used Vehicle Appraiser.

Car_man
    Host
    Wow the didn't even tell me about that incentive. I do have the selling price. I will need to look it up but I think it was only 1k less then then sticker price.
    Wow the didn't even tell me about that incentive. I do have the selling price. I will need to look it up but I think it was only 1k less then then sticker price.
    Ok I just copied all the numbers

price 45136
    MSRP 46505
    term 39 months
    rate 1.8
    Residuals .41
    Allowed mile 12000 year
    miles begin and end .18
    Acq fee 795
    rebate 3200
    govet fee and taxes 1431
    doc fee 99
    sec deposit 800
    Intial pmt 3200
    adj residual 19067.05

TOTAL PAYMENT 781.54 - too much!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • muttsrulemuttsrule Member Posts: 5
    edited July 2010
    Hi

Looking to buy a CXL-AWD in Michigan. Eligible for supplier pricing which gets MSRP for an in-stock 2010 as configured down from $44,755 to selling price of $42,983 but seems invoice is $42,322 and sure I can do better, Lease rate I am being offered is $631/mo for 15k/yr, 39 months ($0 down but US bank wants ~$890 for 1st payment and security deposit). Since using USB looks like I can not apply the $1500 cash back incentive- although can not find any details confirming this and so suspect dealer is trying to pocket the incentive.

Are any GMAC or US Bank lease incentives still in effect so I can know if the dealer has those in play?

Also, what is the lease factor and residual for the CXL-AWD, 2010 and 2011? Without the $1500 incentive might make sense to get a 2011 assuming the residual is better.

cheers
    Andrew
  • enclavebuyer1enclavebuyer1 Member Posts: 3
    I'm in the market for a CXL-1 AWD, standard model (no nav. or ent pkg). I'm just beginning to request offers from various dealerships. I'm told 2010 models are pretty much gone so I'm looking at 2011. Does anyone know if there is a cash incentive program still happening through GMAC? I currently lease an Acura so I know I don't qualify for the Toyota incentive. Once I get some numbers I will surely be back here for feedback. As a woman doing this on her own, I want to be educated and not intimidated. The 1st dealership I contacted had the nerve to just give me a monthly payment and none of the numbers used for the calculation. This can be frustrating. Thank you.
    edited July 2010
    We found a couple 2010's last week using the online inventory locate tool on buick.com and then looked at each dealers inventory on their own dealer web sites. Then I negotiated off the "preferred price" (I work for a GM supplier). There was $3,150 in lease subvention from GM to US Bank, we used this to reduce the cap cost. With Tier-1 credit this led to a lower monthly payment than a GMAC lease even though that lease cash was better via GMAC. Then the dealer threw in some incentive certificates they had for another $500 off to make the deal (I was leaning towards a less-optioned car at another dealer that was cheaper). So all told we got the CXL-AWD w/ sun roof, nicer wheels, towing in color we wanted for lease payment of $630 over 39-months ($800 at signing was 1st month, tax on the incentives, plate transfer). 48 months was something like $580, BTW.

Good luck
    My salesman is telling me I have to do a $850 Deposit or $895 SmartLease Protect. Is this required? They are making it sound that way and I think they are just trying to get more $$$. Can someone advise?
    SmartLease Protect? Is that a GMAC product? Yup, did a quick google and it is merely an insurance policy against excess wear/miles etc. It should be your choice whether you need that. I never buy anything like that. And why do you need a deposit? On a 2011? Just wait until the one you want comes in and do that deal on the day. Or do you mean cash-due at signing?
    muttsrule - thanks for responding. Maybe he is using the word "deposit" for 1st mo. payment/taxes/reg. I'm ready to put that down ... I have told him I would not put any Cap. Cost reduction down at signing. Below is his verbiage. He basically says the "deposit" is waived if I take the SmartLease Protect.

"The SmartLease Protect is the default setting whenever we run these numbers in the computer because of its value for the customer. If you chose to take the SmartLease Protect, it will waive all excess damage up to $5000 without any kind of deductible. Plus, when you purchase the SmartLease Protect, it will waive the deposits on the vehicle. When you factor out the difference in the amounts, plus the benefits of the protection that it is going to provide you at the end of your lease, you can see why the computer automatically factors that amount in."

He is stating it as a choice: Deposit or SmartLease. Seems strange to me that the if the Deposit does indeed mean 1st month payment and related fees that it would be waived if I take the SmartLease (which I would not). Maybe I am over thinking this. Thank you for your response. I can't tell you how nice it is to be able to get some advice. I have an email back to him ... we're back and forth for further explanation. I need to keep in mind this is from a salesman who after three emails has still not given me the Selling Price of the car ... just MSRP.
  • brucek5brucek5 Member Posts: 2
    My financial advisor says that I should lease instead of buy this vehicle (I also want to purchase it at the end of the lease). The vehicle is a CXL1 AWD 2010. Terms I need are for 60 months w/ 15K miles per year. I negotiated $41,598 which includes all dealer costs - no incentives applied yet - on a $44,004 MSRP + 1,199 after market installed DVD. Sales tax is additional at 4.9% and looking at putting $0 down and $0 trade in. The $3,200 lease incentive would make it much more attractive but other than that I'm uncertain as to what I can get or negotiate w/ GMAC for the best deal. Your help would be greatly appreciated!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,046
    I would never lease a vehicle for 60 months... Perhaps there is some large tax advantage for you in doing so (is it for your business?). Otherwise, it's a terrible idea...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• delta737hdelta737h Member Posts: 626
    edited July 2010
    enclavebuyer1,

For whatever it's worth, let me share some guidelines I use when leasing...

1st Rule Do your homework. Research selling price by checking invoice pricing and incentives at Edmunds. Also, check overstock at zag.com for competitive sell prices in your area. Research the interest rate/money factor and be sure you're getting the "buy" rate if your credit is good enough to qualify.

2nd Rule Create a one-page lease proposal. It must be on your letterhead and be a very professional looking document. All calculations must be spot on and contain no errors of any kind. Include all pertinent data such as a description of the vehicle, MSRP, sell price, amounts capitalized (e.g., taxes, acq. fee, etc), cap reductions (e.g., trade, cash down, etc), interest rate/money factor, residual factor, residual value, term, taxable payment, lease payment, amounts due up front (itemized), contract provisions (gap insurance, excess mileage charge, applicable disposition/purchase option fees). All dollar amounts are calculated, not by the dealer, but by you using a program that you created.

A professional looking one-page lease proposal speaks volumes about you... it sends the message that you know and understand leasing. That quickly serves notice to the dealer, and so; they're not as inclined to play games.

3rd Rule Fax/email the proposal to the dealer and negotiate via phone/email from the comfort of your home/office with your laptop excel spreadsheet lease program fired up and ready to rumble! The only thing you're likely to negotiate is the sell price and that only requires a few keystrokes on your laptop. And, bing-bang-boom you're done! This suggests that the biggest advantage of a lease proposal is that it saves time, money, and aggravation.

If you like, email me at

diffeq@zoominternet.net

and I'll send you a few sample lease proposals.

The key is that you must control the deal. Never allow a dealer to control the deal by allowing them to "run the numbers". Trying to figure out the dealer's numbers is often a pointless exercise and, frankly, a waste of time unless, of course, you have a copy of their LEASE WORKSHEET. This is a computer generated document that eliminates confusion and guess work and will tell you everything you need to know and then some. The beauty of this document is that it always tells the truth. Allowing the dealer to control will only end up costing you more money in most instances. So, don't wait for the salesman to email you with a selling price. You email him/her with your proposal that includes your selling price. You dictate the terms of the deal; not the dealer.

If, however, you agree to allow the dealer to "run the numbers", ALWAYS ask them for their LEASE WORKSHEET. If they refuse to give you a copy, RUN; DON'T WALK! However, there is absolutely no reason for the dealer to refuse to give you a copy of their lease worksheet.

A note on GMAC SmartLease...

GMAC SmartLease uses interest rates; not money factors which is okay. However, it's not okay for GMAC to continue with their long-standing practice of cheating lease customers by discounting the residual one month nearer to the present (i.e., R / (1 + i)) where R is the residual value and i is the montlhy interest rate. This causes the monthly payment to inflate by a few dollars. This grossly flawed and totally irrational practice flies in the face of reason and is mathemtically, financially, and actuarially unsound.

Inappropriate or skewed computations only serve to justify the rationale for incorporating standard computational methods in the Federal Reserve Board’s Regulation M (Consumer Retail Leases) paralleling those of its Regulation Z (Truth-in-Lending) cousin.

Yup, that's all we need is more government regulation which translates to more bureaucracy; more government drones; more incompetence; more corruption; and MORE WASTE!

Here's something that might interest you... go to

http://gmacedu.com/

and click on GM Narrated Tutorials and, then, select from an array of tutorials. Toward the bottom, you'll discover a tutorial on GMAC SmartLease. Check it out!

I hope that this has been more helpful than confusing. Questions? Please let me know. I'm delighted to help you in anyway I can.

John
    Deposit or Smartlease makes absolutely no sense. He can run the numbers until the cows come home in his leasing software and give you the real numbers: Selling price, cap cost reduction, taxes to be paid upfront, other doc fees (plate etc). Screw SmartLease unless you plan on returning the car damaged or over your miles which you can just pay by the mile.

Do you have another dealer you can start negotiating with too because this guy does not sound at all legit.... You can throw him off a bit by asking about Buy vs Lease and begin the process again by negotiating the selling price.

re the other post on 60 months - that is too long to lease as your payment to buy will be very close. At very most consider 48-months depending on payment (the difference for the Enclave between 39 and 48 months is about $70 which times 39 payments is ~$2700 in total payments. Ask yourself if you can stand driving a car for another 9 months and have $2700 in your bank and those payments at the lower rate for another 9 months.
    Hi Andrew. General Motors' cash incentives are different for leases through GMAC and US Bank. It is currently providing a $3,800 cash incentive on leases of the 2010 Buick Enclave through GMAC, $3,150 on leases of the '10 through US Bank, $1,200 on leases of the '11 through GMAC, and $200 on leases of the '11 through US Bank.

GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Buick Enclave CXL-AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 1.95% and 39% (yuck), respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '11 model are 3.0% and 46%.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings to the appropriately named enclavebuyer1.

General Motors is providing cash incentives on leases of the 2011 Enclave, but not surprisingly its cash allowances on the '11s are lower than they are on the '10s.

If you were to lease an '11 Enclave through GMAC right now, it is eligible for a $1,200 cash incentive.

I believe that GM recently expanded its $1,000 Toyota conquest offer to include current Acura owners, so you may be in luck and qualify for it. Make sure to ask your dealer.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi again enclavebuyer1. Many banks require consumers to make down payments on leased vehicles. these down payments are usually equivalent to your monthly payment rounded up to the nearest $25 or $50 increment. I would not be surprised in the least if you were asked for a deposit on a lease of an Enclave.

Car_man
    Host
  • delta737hdelta737h Member Posts: 626
    edited July 2010
    Hi Car_man!

I know that you're aware of the difference between a down payment and a security deposit but just wanted to clarify for the benefit of those that may not know the difference. People will often say something like "I paid $1,921 down which includes 1st payment- $326, security deposit- $350, doc fee- $250, DMV fees- $200, and acq fee- $795. None of these items reflect a down payment as they don't reduce the gross capitalized cost.

A down payment is synonymous with capitalized cost reduction. So, when someone says that they had to come up with a $2,000 down payment, I always ask them what they mean by $2,000 down and, more often than not, it doesn't translate to down payment or money down. It may be that only a portion, say $500, is used to reduce the gross cap.

John
  • brucek5brucek5 Member Posts: 2
    Yes, it is for business plus a recent bankruptcy - so I am trying to keep it off my company books for 5 years. Otherwise I wouldn't consider it and purchase the vehicle.
  • jbizjbiz Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2010
    so far I have negotiated a 2011 Enclave CXL-1
    - black/eony
    - radio/dvd/nav overhead
    - Sun Roof

Original MSRP: 47,245
    Supplier Price (I qualify for GM Supplier discount): 45,237
    less 2,200 in rebates (1,200 from the Lease bank, 1000 for Conquest w/ an Acura discount)
    so now we are at 43,037

Dealer says residual is 22,000 on a 39 month lease (with 12K miles annually)

anyone know what the residual rate is on a 36 and 39 month lease for a 2011, as well as the current money factor/rate with GMAC and US Bank? also what are the current incentives which I cant seem to find anywhere

dealer says about $612 + county/state tax.. with US Bank and $673 + tax with GMAC

Is that even a good price? should I be able to get this down more? I am in no rush to get the car.. my current lease is now on a month-to-month extention for up to 1 year..
  • cagee1cagee1 Member Posts: 1
    John,
    Would you be able to send me your lease worksheet. my email is
    qa2528@comcast.net. Thanks Carolyn
  • r2adr2ad Member Posts: 1
    I am in the EXACT same situation and want the exact same car. I do have a supplier discount. I am also looking to buy in Florida. Which dealership are you working with. Maybe if we both buy one - we can get a great rate.

Let me know - ED
  • zethus25zethus25 Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2010
    Jbiz,

What base lease rate and residual value were you quoted with your lease offer on the Enclave?

I am looking to lease a 2011 Buick Enclave CXL for 36 months. I would like to compare your numbers with the values Car_man stated in an earlier post. I want to make sure I have the right numbers before I start making my lease proposal.

Thanks
    James
  • jbizjbiz Member Posts: 2
    residual was 47% for 39 months
    money factor with US Bank was 0.00045
    seems there is like 1200 in rebates as well. (USAA, plus some US Bank one I think)

I have not been able to get a dealer to come back with what I would consider a good enough price on the lease.. seems we agree on selling price (for the most part).. but when it comes to the monthly lease price, all of a sudden their numbers are $50 per month (at least) higher than my calculations.. when I ask them why.. they say "it's the computers, they just do what they do".. and when I ask for the worksheet they have no interest in showing it to me..

let me know how you make out. unless my lease numbers are just wrong.. I was coming in at the low $600 range (like $608) they are all telling me $650-675
    edited August 2010
    Jbiz,

I ran your numbers through my expert lease software and I get the below results. Basically, using the values you have stated, expert lease calculated a monthly payment of $638with inception costs (1st month, security, DMV fees, doc fees, etc.) at around $1,715.

Total MSRP: $48,040 (47,245 + destination charge)
    Total Purchase price: $43,832 (purchase price + destination charge)
    term: 39 months (12K miles per year)
    residual: $22K
    Money factor: .00045
    effective APR: 1.09%
    Total rent charge: $1,155

I spoke to someone in internet sales today and had them email me a quote for a similar CXL. It was the first time I called about the car so I'm sure I got their "sucker" numbers. Below is the information from my quote, which I'm sure is probably absolute garbage.

2011 Buick Enclave CXL
    MSRP 45,645
    36 months (12K miles per year) = $699 per month inc. tax
    purchase price 43,990
    money factor .00020
    residual 41%
    acquisition fee 795
    drive off cost 2500
    rebate 3150

(Calling all experts) Can someone please help me work out the real cost of a lease for a 2011 Buick Enclave CXL. The MSRP with options of the car I want is $45,645. Edmunds has the invoice price at $42,964.70. Looking for a 36 month (12K miles per year) lease with no cap reduction (no money down). Can I assume that the residual is around 36%-38%. No clue what the real money factor is. What is my monthly payment and inception (drive off) costs?
    Car_man,

You're the best there is.

Can you please help me work out the real cost of a lease for a 2011 Buick Enclave CXL. The MSRP with options of the car I want is $45,645. Edmunds has the invoice price at $42,964.70. Looking for a 36 month (12K miles per year) lease with no cap reduction (no money down). Can I assume that the residual is around 36%-38%. No clue what the real money factor is. What is my monthly payment and inception (drive off) costs in CA?

James
    Thanks James :).

Through September 7th, GMAC's base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Buick Enclave CXL AWD with 12,000 miles per year are 2.9% and 48%, respectively.

As you can see, the residual value is significantly better than what you were expecting...which is always a pleasant surprise.

General Motors is currently providing a $2,200 cash incentive on leases of this vehicle through GMAC. Let's assume that you are able to lease one at $1,000 over invoice minus this cash.

According to my calculations, using the above numbers, an MSRP of $45,645, and a selling price of 41,765, this vehicle's zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $629.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.