Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Buick Enclave Lease Questions

Comments

• acepitcheracepitcher Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2011
    Hi Car Man

I was wondering if you could provide me with the residual value for the CX FWD, 12k per year, 36 months.

Thanks
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi acepitcher. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Buick Enclave CX FWD with 12,000 miles per year are 0.8% and 51%, respectively.

When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive and payment waiver that are available on leases of it through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • cacattack21cacattack21 Member Posts: 3
    Hi car man,

We are currently looking at a 2011 Buick Enclave CXL-2 White Diamond and we are going to lease but I would like to go to the dealer with all the facts. Can you tell me what Ally's current base lease rate and residual value is for a 36 or 39 month lease?

Thank You.
  • bgrusdbgrusd Member Posts: 8
    Thanks.

Anyone, comment on this deal

Enclave CXL-2, cybergray metallic + ebony interior, Nav + Dual head rest DVDs, 20" chrome clad aluminum wheels, power sunroof

$654 month (including tax), + (Tax, Title, License) + $0 cap cost reduction.
    They will also pay the first month lease payment.

39 month lease, 10,000 miles per year
  • kcoreykcorey Member Posts: 130
    How much down...cash, trade, etc.?
  • mah1234mah1234 Member Posts: 1
    I would appreciate anyone advising me on the money factor and residual % for a Buick Enclave CXL-1 on a 39 month 15k miles lease as well as any lease incentives in effect. TX.
  • bgrusdbgrusd Member Posts: 8
    If you read my post, it was tax, title and license only down
    $0 cap cost reduction (i.e, no trade in or money down to reduce the capitalized cost of the vehicle)
    Hi cacattack21. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Buick Enclave CXL-2 with 15,000 miles per year are 0.8% and 47%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are 0.8% and 45%.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi mah1234. Please see my previous post for the information that you're looking for. Ally's residual values for the CXL FWD are 1% lower than its residuals for the CXL AWD.

Car_man
    Host
  • jamd14jamd14 Member Posts: 5
    Car man

Can you post May residuals and lease rates for a CXL FWD 39 or 48 mos.?
    Here is what I was quoted:
    MANUFACTURER'S SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE $43,150.00
    STANDARD VEHICLE PRICE $38,730.00
    OPTIONS INSTALLED BY MANUFACTURER
      AUDIO SYSTEM W/NAVIGATION
      TOUCHSCREEN NAVIGATION
      USB PORT
      BOSE SPEAKER SOUND SYSTEM
      REAR SEAT AUDIO CONTROLS
      110 VOLT POWER OUTLET
      XM NAVIGATION & TRAFFIC
      *SERVICE FEE EXTRA
      *1ST 3 MONTHS INCLUDED
    $ 2,850.00
      WHITE DIAMOND TRICOAT
    $ 795.00
    TOTAL OPTIONS $3,645.00
    TOTAL VEHICLE & OPTIONS $42,375.00
    DESTINATION CHARGE 795

TOTAL VEHICLE PRICE*** $43,150.00
    PREFERRED PRICE $41,489.65
    - EVA: $1,500
    $
      TOUCHSCREEN NAVIGATION
      USB PORT
      REAR SEAT AUDIO CONTROLS
      110 VOLT POWER OUTLET
      XM NAVIGATION & TRAFFIC
      *SERVICE FEE EXTRA
      *1ST 3 MONTHS INCLUDED
    $ 2,850.00
      WHITE DIAMOND TRICOAT
    $ 795.00
    TOTAL OPTIONS $3,645.00
    DESTINATION CHARGE $775.00
    - EVA: $1,500.00
    EMPLOYEE PRICE $39,989.65

48 mos 12,000 miles per year $530 per month including tax with $1500 out of pocket includes first payment.

Seems a little high to me...thanks!
  • jamd14jamd14 Member Posts: 5
    Car man

Can you post May residuals and lease rates for a CXL FWD 39 or 48 mos.?
    Here is what I was quoted:
      TOUCHSCREEN NAVIGATION
      USB PORT
      REAR SEAT AUDIO CONTROLS
      110 VOLT POWER OUTLET
      XM NAVIGATION & TRAFFIC
      *SERVICE FEE EXTRA
      *1ST 3 MONTHS INCLUDED
    $ 2,850.00
      WHITE DIAMOND TRICOAT
    $ 795.00
    TOTAL OPTIONS $3,645.00
    DESTINATION CHARGE $775.00
    - EVA: $1,500.00
    EMPLOYEE PRICE $39,989.65

48 mos 12,000 miles per year $530 per month including tax with $1500 out of pocket includes first payment.

Seems a little high to me...thanks!
  • happybuyer11happybuyer11 Member Posts: 10
    edited May 2011
    The model is Buick Enclave CXL-1 with navigation. I live LA area and I got a $632 (All fees and tax included) for a 39 months lease. 0 down payment and I made sure that no other fees are included. This is an internet bidding.
    The car comes with sunroof and other craps that I do not need. However, the 3 dealers all say that this is the only car they have.......
    LA has a lot more dealers but before I go on to expand my bidding, I would like to know if $632/39 months is a good leasing deal.
    It seems that all the dealers are talking about the same car, too. I find it amazing that all dealers find a car which has the same color and specs.
    Thank you all for your help.
    Hello jamd14. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 Buick Enclave CXL FWD with 12,000 miles per year are 0.8% and 46%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are 2.3% and 39%.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $1,400 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of this length through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • sheepdog1sheepdog1 Member Posts: 36
    Hey Carman, would you please tell me the money factor rate for an Enclave CXL for 39 month lease and residual. Thanks.
    Hey sheepdog1. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 Buick Enclave CXL1 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 0.8% and 45%, respectively.

As you can see, Ally publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take the $1,400 cash incentive that is currently available on this length lease through Ally into account.

Car_man
    Host
  • adwaadwa Member Posts: 2
    I just got quoted $699 per month including tax on the following vehicle: 2011 CWL1 w/Sunroof, 19" chrome wheels, & navigation for 39 months with 18K miles per year.

$1484 due at inception which includes 1st month payment. The deal is in New Jersey.

What do you think?
  • happybuyer11happybuyer11 Member Posts: 10
    Hi, adwa,
    The quote you got is too expansive. You can at least get rid of the first month payment. I am in SoCal but I think my tax rate is much higher than NJ. I saw my friend got 632 for 39 month leases in online bidding. 632 includes everything. No extra small prints stuff.
  • adwaadwa Member Posts: 2
    Our tax rate is 6%. Was the mileage on your friend's lease 18K? I know the payment is high. I figure I can get him down a bit.
  • texas111texas111 Member Posts: 1
    The interest rate for a 39 month lease is 0.80% at 12,000 miles is what I understand from this forum. The enclave has a $1,500 rebate for purchase- is there another rebate for financing it also? I am not understanding that part- so the purchase price is reduced by $1,500 and additionally by the Ally Rebate in calculating the lease payment??
  • cord11cord11 Member Posts: 1
    I got a quote for 48 months 12,000 miles on a CXL1 nothing out of pocket $555 per month which includes taxes. Is this a good deal?
  • leighme1leighme1 Member Posts: 1
    I am working on a lease for a loaded CXL-1. The only feature I do not have is the factory installed DVD player. I am paying cash for the dealer to install their preferred system in the car (comes with 3 yr warranty through the dealer). Appears that I am paying $617.11 for 39 months. Putting $1240 cash down (which includes first payment). "Rate" says 1.5. Residual is $18,830. Total of payments $24,082.89.
  • jaredajareda Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking to do a high mileage lease on a loaded Enclave CXL-2 AWD or Acadia Denali (nav, dvd, etc.). I need about 30,000mi/yr. I do have access to employee pricing. Today I received a quote for 30K mi/yr; $0 down payment (although I would have $$ due at signing for 1st month +); 36month lease - $916/mnth. Does this seem right? Seems high to me - I was expecting $850ish. I noticed in another thread people seemed to focus on 39mnth leases - is there something to that? Thanks for any advice!
  • alber1alber1 Member Posts: 1
    39 month lease on Enclave CXL-1. 12K miles/year. MSRP $46,355. Has sunroof and DVD rear entertainment package. No navigation. White Opal with Cashmere leather. $650/month with $840 at signing which includes the first month along with tax, state fees, etc. Thanks.
  • jagman4jagman4 Member Posts: 5
    Hi Car_man: I just recieved the following quote and wanted to check current numbers you have. Illinois lease so tax up front:
    one month down (plus plates & doc fee), 36 month
    12,000 mile contract on a CXL -1 AWD with Sunroof and Navigation
    options.MSRP =46,040

Base Capitilized Cost43,986
    Costs added to lease =395 admin fee,taxes
    Cap Cost Reductions=2800.
    Adjusted Cap Cost =44,783 (base cap cost plus 395 admin+taxes less cap cost reduction's =2800.)
    Residula Value or % =45%
    Money Factor= 0.800

I calculate payment comes out to $600 / month.
    Hello jagman4. The lease rate that you were quoted for this car is right in line with Ally's current base rate for it.

The cash incentive that you were quoted is correct as well.

The selling price that you were quoted for this truck looks good too. It's probably fairly close to dealer invoice.

If you like the Enclave, I personally don't see any reason not to pull the trigger on this deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Car_man:
    Thanks - I am getting ready to pull the trigger and will post my final deal numbers when confirmed. This is the 3rd time I have used your blog for information and it is by far the best information out there.
    You're very welcome, jagman4. Good luck and make sure to let us all know how everything turns out.

Car_man
    Host
  • ben_jamminben_jammin Member Posts: 15
    Looking at a 2011 CXL-2 with sunroof, nav, DVD, 20" wheels, steps, white diamond paint, and remote start. Also includes trailer hitch (not tow package, just a hitch) and front window tint. Sticker is $50,075 plus $810 destination. Dealer is offering it for $43,882.66 + ttl, including the $2000 cash incentive. This seems like a very good price to me, but I asked what the lease payments would be for zero down (except first month pmt and title and license) and 12k mi/yr @ 39 months and he said $790(!). That can't be right.

Car-man, can you tell me what the lease payments should be on this car? (Tax here is 6.5% though I've asked if they have tax credits like Inifiniti offers.) What is the current money factor and residual? They say they are using 41% residual but didn't tell me the money factor.

Would appreciate your help. Thanks you.
    edited August 2011
    Picked up vehicle with deal as follows (Illinois so sales tax up front included in deal)
    Carbon Black with the Cashmere leather interior
    It has a sunroof, navigation, front & rear molded splash guards, cargo
    convenience package (net/shade) and trailer hitch. (approx $5,340 list in options)

MSRP = $47,130.00
    Base Capitilized Cost = $45,387.60
    Cap Cost Reductions = $2800.00
    Adjusted Cap Cost = $42,594..85
    Residual Value or % = 45%
    Monthly Payment= $629.50
    Down or Due @ Signing= $979.58*
    This includes sales tax.
    Hi ben_jammin. Wow $790 for a Buick?!?! Ouch. Let's work up a payment and see what we come up with.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2011 Buick Enclave CXL2 AWD that has an MSRP of $50,885 and a selling price of $43,883 through Ally right now for 39 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $587.

I used a lease rate of 0.80% and a residual value of 43% to arrive at this payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • jenniferandikejenniferandike Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2011
    the dealer Msrp is 44985.00 they offered 43500.00 I think that is high. Can other in California tell me if this is a good bad deal. There is a rebate and they are giving me great value on my trade in no questions....please I want to buy this weekend but feel like the deal is not good enough. My husband thinks that having the rebate taken off the car price would save us sales tax. Can dealers do that? The lease payment would be 12,000 miles 463.97. This car has navigation, bose stereo, power sunroof with 2nd row skylight. It also has 19' chrome wheels that I care nothing about. Can they take those wheels off so I don't have to pay $1,195 for them???
    also, the lease payment would be $463.97
  • cartalkcartalk Member Posts: 147
    Not knowing all the specifics of your deal, the price of the car appears high. However, it could be the value of the trade on the papers is above market and the net figure is still a decent deal.

On the surface, the car has a $2,000 rebate, so right there you already have a $500 differential above MSRP. Is this deducted already in the price? Again, the devil is in the details.

Also, you can't swap out the option chrome wheels for standard/stock wheels. I tried the same on a Enclave I was looking at and was told the wheels are tied to the VIN and sticker.
    The MSRP was 44,985

MANUFACTURER'S SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE $44,985.00
    TOUCHSCREEN NAVIGATION
    USB PORT
    REAR SEAT AUDIO CONTROLS
    110 VOLT POWER OUTLET
    XM NAVIGATION & TRAFFIC
    *SERVICE FEE EXTRA
    *1ST 3 MONTHS INCLUDED
    $ 2,850.00
    POWER SUNROOF W/
    2ND ROW SKYLIGHT
    $ 1,400.00
    WHEELS, 19" CHROME CLAD ALUM
    $ 1,195.00
    8 PASS SEATING W/2ND & 3RD
    ROW SPLIT BENCH SEAT
    NO CHARGE
    TOTAL OPTIONS $5,445.00
    TOTAL VEHICLE & OPTIONS $44,175.00
    DESTINATION CHARGE $810.00
    TOTAL VEHICLE PRICE*** $44,985.00

They took about $1400 off $43585

It is a 36 month lease with 12,000 miles
    trade in $8000 which I think is very fair (they own a Land Rover dealership to and that is what I am turning in) and then the $2000 rebate

They did not lower the price of the car with the trade in or the rebate, that is the amount the dealer put for the down payment for the car. That is the way the deal is right now

my husband would like to see them take the $2000 and lower the price of the car with it to save in sales tax.

The residual value at the end of the three years is around $22,000
    does that information help. my husband has the paperwork
  • cartalkcartalk Member Posts: 147
    edited August 2011
    Is the price $43,585, less the $8K trade and then the $2K rebate?

If not, and without looking at the lease rates, this does not seem like a good deal as follows:

Your MSRP is $44,985. There is a $2,000 GM rebate. You can look at the rebate any way you want, but in this scenario, it effectively reduces the MSRP to $42,985.

They are offering to sell you the car for $43,585, or $600 OVER MSRP.

If the trade is fairly valued then this is still a bad deal IMO. Even if they bought up the trade a bit, say $1,000, you are still paying only $400 below MSRP for the vehicle.

If the rebate is net of all this, meaning the car is really $41,585 and then the trade of $8K (fairly valued), then it's $1400 below MSRP. Still not a great deal (depending on the real wholesale value of the trade).
    Thank you. With your input we decided that the deal was not a deal at all. They new how much I liked the car and were sure I would go for it. Well, we went in a different direction. We got a great deal on another car. The dealership was willing to work with us.
  • ae7456tae7456t Member Posts: 1
    Car_man:

This forum is hugely helpful...Thanks for all you do to educate.

Just to confirm, from your response to ben_jammin, the current lease rate and residual for a 2011 CXL-2 AWD for 39 months/12,000 per year are 0.8% and 43% respectively?

Looks like the residual values drop (as expected) when the 2012's start arriving on the lots.

Thanks again,
    ae7456t
  • skalekskalek Member Posts: 1
    Anyone heard anything about 2011 Enclaves not being available for leasing? I have called a few dealers on Long Island and am being told the 2011 is only available for purchase and if I want to lease that I need to go with a 2012.

This sound right?
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    skalek,
    I have looked into the availability for leasing a 2011 Enclave I spoke with a dealer in your area regarding this and it seems to be that the financing company doesn't want to lease an older vehicle. Dealers have different sources of financing its possible you maybe able to find a dealer that can work out a lease; however, this may take some research. I also looked into the differences between the 2011 and 2012 Enclaves and there weren’t any major changes. I hope this information helps. Please feel free to email me with further questions comments or concerns.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    You're welcome ae7456t. General Motors switched its lease support to the 2012 version of the Enclave in September.

Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2012 Buick Enclave Leather AWD with 12,000 miles per year are 2.2% and 50%, respectively.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $500 cash incentive that is currently available on 39 month leases of it through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    What you were told is indeed correct, skalek. General Motors pulled the plug on its lease support for 2011 Enclave models. If you really want to lease, you will have to go with a 2012 model.

If you really want to go with a 2011 model, you will either have to pay cash for it, taking advantage of the $2,000 cash incentive, or even better finance it through Ally at 0% for five years plus a $1,000 cash incentive.

Car_man
    Host
  • orangegringoorangegringo Member Posts: 6
    Car Man and other experts and folks with experience,

Looking at Premium trim Enclave and Limited trim Explorer. Will add nav and entertainment. Want the car loaded. Dallas Texas. Not certain whether will lease or buy.

Questions:
    1) residual and lease rate for both?
    2) any rebates, deals, or negotiating tactics or ideas for both?
    3) assuming best and expected negotiated price, what lease price should I expect for both for 36 or 39 months at 12k miles per year?
    4) what price should I expect to negotiate if I buy ( I have pre approved financing through bank) for both?
    5) anything else I should know or consider from a financial standpoint for both?
    6) thoughts on which vehicle I should buy. They both approach the small crossover three row suv differently, but we like both and appreciate the access to the third row with the captain second row. Anyone own one and like or dislike specific features?
    7) finally, I will be trading in an 08 Lexus es350 with 34k miles on it. The car is in very good shape and shows well. What should I be able to get on trade in?

Really appreciate help on this. I'm a used car guy that normally sells my old car myself. I'm treading in unfamiliar water and could use help and guidance. I hope to do a deal tomorrow.
    Hi orangegringo. Ally's November base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Enclave Base AWD with 12,000 miles per year are 2.04% and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 Ford Explorer Limited AWD are 3.5% and 53%.

General Motors is currently providing a $1,500 cash incentive plus the waiver of the first month's payment on 36-month leases of the '12 Enclave through Ally.

I don't believe that there's any cash incentive on leases of the Explorer right now.

If I was in the market for either of these trucks right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of around $500 or so over dealer invoice. you can look up the invoice prices of the exact models that you want over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

I like both the Enclave and the Explorer, but the latter is really, really expensive to lease. I haven't compared comparably equipped vehicles, but I suspect that the Enclave is cheaper.

You can look up approximately how much your trade-in is worth over in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks car man.
    Car man

I just went into the dealership. They had the residual at 46 percent for 3 years at 12k miles. They had the residual at 55percent for two years. They showed me the Ally sheet. Are they mistaken? Hiding something? Any chance you looked at the wrong column? 7 percent makes a big difference! We never even made it to talking price of car.
    This is on the Enclave Premium trim.
    I have excellent credit.
    You're very welcome orangegringo.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey orangegringo. The residual value that you were quoted definitely sounds low for the base model. That would be about right for the Premium though.

Car_man
    Host
  • jenntljenntl Member Posts: 33
    Curious about this deal...I'm not impressed with the final price yet on the car. Should I be? Thanks!!

2012 Buick Enclave AWD – Leather Group Cocoa Metallic Exterior, Cashmere w/Cocoa Accents
    Power Sunroof w/2nd Row Skylight
    Bose 10 Speaker System w/ Sub- Woofer
    Touch Screen Navigation w/ Rearview Camera Display
    Rear Seat Audio Controls and Headphone Jacks
    USB Port
    Trailering Equipment

36 mo lease – 12,000 miles per year
    Price: $45,327.11
    Term: 36 mo
    Rate: 2.2
    Residual: .48
    Annual Mileage: 12,000
    Acquisition Fee: $595
    Rebate: $4325 ($2000 competitive lease offer + $2325 Ally SmartLease Cash)
    Cash Down: $1371
    Licensing: $300
    Doc Fee: $150
    Selling price: $45,327.11
    Monthly Payment: $646.47
  • jenntljenntl Member Posts: 33
    Now the deal is...

2012 Buick Enclave AWD – Leather Group
    Cocoa Metallic Exterior
    Cashmere w/ Cocoa Accents
    Power Sunroof w/2nd Row Skylight
    Bose Premium Sound System
    2nd Row Captain’s Chairs
    19” Chrome Clad Aluminum Wheels
    NO NAV System or DVD System

39 MONTH LEASE – 12,000 MILES YEAR
    $44,472
    Term: 39 months
    Rate: 2.0
    Residual: .46
    Mileage: 12,000 miles/year
    Acquisition Fee: Waived
    Trade Value: $21,500
    Trade Payoff: $19,500
    Rebate: $4325 ($2,000 GM Competitive Lease Program + $2,325 Ally Smartlease Program)
    Licensing: $300
    Doc Fee: $150
    Security Deposit: Waived
    Monthly Payment: $576.09 (includes taxes)

If you put $1,000 cash down the payment will be reduced to $548.91
    If you put $2,000 cash down the payment will be reduced to $521.73
This discussion has been closed.