Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Buick Enclave Lease Questions

Comments

• neilmanneilman Member Posts: 42
    Thanks Car man! Your posts and this forum has been really helpful to me in making my first ever lease (I have only purchased in the past). This was a great crash course for me along with using the calculators etc. Hope to have our new Enclave Leather by this coming week. Can't wait...it is so awesome...with the wood / chocaccino interior. I call it a 'luxury yacht'!!
  • buickenclave13buickenclave13 Member Posts: 2
    Hello Neilman:

What a coincidence, I am also in the Miami Area, looking for a great deal on a 2013 Buick Enclave Leather Package with the Bose system :) but don't need Navigation.... Want it in Black or Champagne with the Choccachino Interior...did you buy yours yet ? I visited Doral Buick last week and the salesperson (Robert) that helped us was super friendly and very knowledgeable. What is the maximum incentive you think we can get ? :confuse:

Thank you for your quick reply :)
    Sorry for the delay...the incentives as I understand it are:

$1000 for competing brand owner
    $2000 for competing brand lessee
    $2530 for Ally Financial 36 month lease, which I believe also applies on 39 months

These are lease incentives...there are different ones for purchase.

I expect to have mine in the next day or two.

Thanks!
    I believe there is also a $500 'auto show' cap cost reduction.
  • buickenclave13buickenclave13 Member Posts: 2
    Thank you for your reply - I am waiting to buy mine by next week... let me know if you got yours and what color / features.
    Enjoy it !
  • jx35hopperjx35hopper Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2013
    Just leased an 2013 Premium Enclave from McGuire Buick GMC, Little Falls, New Jersey. My experience with this dealership was excellent and never experienced before at any other dealerships. When I walked in to the dealership I did not tell them that I am an accountant working for a fortune 500 company.

The Salesman (James) and General manager (Brian Vaughan) were so fantastic to deal with. There was no pressure from these two gentlemen. Once I told them what I am looking for, they provided me true advise on what are the true "needs" what are the "nice to haves" in an enclave. Once I am settled with my preferences, they laid out the numbers confidently and expected some common sense and reasonability from my side. Since I was in the market for a few weeks comparing and test driving many other vehicles (JX35 / MDX / Enclave / GL350 / Q7 etc), including enclaves, the numbers made perfect sense to me . I did not even bargain much as I knew it was a fair deal after getting quotes on similar vehicles from the other Buick dealerships in the area.

Since I did not ask for their permission to disclose the deal I received, I cannot share my numbers here, and for this reason, I would not say buy your vehicle from this dealership, but would simply recommend to add this dealership (McGuire Buick GMC and James / Brian) to your shopping list and you also might be be pleasantly surprised.
  • tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,896
    Thanks for the report, but in all honesty in this particular thread the pricing you received is the most important part. Threads such as this one help others to receive the best deal possible.

There are other parts of Edmunds to do a dealer review.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• jx35hopperjx35hopper Member Posts: 3
    tjc78, thank you for the info and I have put a recommendation for this dealer under the dealer reviews section.

I hope the moderator can remove my posting (#468) under this thread.
  • randdrranddr Member Posts: 1
    I am new to leasing and trying to learn the lingo and where to find the deals and incentives. I am looking to lease an Enclave for 36 Months - drive less than 10,000 per year and have excellent credit. We own a 2004 GMC Envoy XL SLT 2WD with Nav, 61K that we will be trading in.

I have seen the posted incentives but am not sure if they apply to my situation.

$1000 for competing brand owner (trading in a GMC) ??
    $2000 for competing brand lessee (trading in a GMC - own it) ??

$2530 for Ally Financial 36 month lease(I can't seem to find this anywhere other than on this page - Has it been removed?)

I am trying to work the numbers to get the lease around 400-430 - but I need to ensure I have all of the incentives in play and know which ones I can use? Hopefully someone can point me to where the $2530 for Ally and if there are any other incentives that would apply to my situation.
    Thank you,
  • susieqteesusieqtee Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I am planning on leasing an Enclave, Leather, AWD & Sunroof. 24 months. We own Ford & Honda and live in Indiana for incentives. Can anyone list incentives we would be eligible for as well as residual for 24 months?

I have emailed several internet sales managers within an hour or so of our home.

Thank you!
  • momo20momo20 Member Posts: 3
    Was the vehicle you where looking at a Leather Group?

What did you end up paying?
    I'm not sure where you will find the Ally incentive of $2530 listed, but because I saw it here on the forum I made sure to let the dealer know I was aware of it and sure enough I got it. I actually got a higher amount ($3340 if I recall correctly - which is the incentive for Ally leases of 24 months).

From what I understand GM vehicles like GMC are excluded from the conquest incentive. See the section 'Incentives and Rebates' here on the Edmunds site.

The above two (Ally and Conquest) were the only incentives I was able to get besides the dealer discount from msrp. Altogether...it was approx $7k below msrp.

Hope this helps!
    edited April 2013
    Got mine a few days ago!! Mocha Bronze / Chocaccino Leather group with Navi and Bose. Absolutely amazing vehicle with a really high level of luxury. The seats are the most comfortable I have ever experienced. They are soft almost like memory foam, but not saggy. Very easy to find a comfortable driving position in this vehicle. Hands at 4 and 8 o'clock steering position, and elbows resting on comfy armrests on both sides! This is truly what the American car experience is all about!

A few key observations so far (less than 200 miles)...

Gas mileage looks like will be around 17mpg for us...we do about 65% city / 35% highway on completely flat terrain.

Interior is amazingly quiet even on the highway driving next to cars and big trucks. If I don't actively pay attention to listen to the noises outside...I hear nothing. Which means we get to really enjoy the Bose system even at low volume.

I have a heavy foot and am a spirited driver...so I have to go easy on the gas pedal as this thing is HUGE...and takes a while to come to a stop. Hopefully the brakes will adjust and get stronger after some time with the pads etc. still being new.

One somewhat weird issue...you can't have the music on mute (like when you just want to have the system on to use the navi) and make a call and have it continue to stay on mute after you hand up the phone. The music will automatically come back on and you have to hit mute again. I have not had this problem with other brand vehicles I have owned.

There is one little rattle that comes on sometimes...luckily I was able to figure out how to duplicate it to be able to show it to the dealer. Seems minor and I expect they will be able to fix it.

As the wheels are pushed out quite a bit to the corners...when the road is wet the tires kick up a LOT of mud onto the side panels / doors. I need to look into getting the factory splash guards (which are only available for the front). Wish I had known sooner...I would have made them part of the deal.

Good luck to you all!
  • rivers001rivers001 Member Posts: 2
    Car Man,
    Thank you for the information you provide on here.
    I'm interested in leasing a 2013 Enclave, leather group. Would you be able to provide May's rate and residual for a 39 month/10k mile lease?

Also, what lease incentives are available in May?

Thanks!
  • helens127helens127 Member Posts: 17
    Looking to lease a 2013 Enclave fully loaded with all bells and whistles in Massachusetts. can someone help out with what would be considered a great deal. and do I trade in my 2009 Mazda CX-9 which is a super car but no longer needed. or, do I never do a trade in on a lease????
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're welcome rivers001. Ally's May base lease rate and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2013 Buick Enclave without the Convenience Package with 10,000 miles per year are 1.5% and 60%.

General Motors is currently providing a $3,000 cash incentive on 39-month leases of this truck.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi helens127. There's nothing wrong with trading in your CX-9 when you lease a new vehicle. However, it is in your best interest to have the dealer cut you a check for any equity that you have in it rather than using the proceeds from it as a capitalized cost reduction for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • rivers001rivers001 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Carman. Dealers on my area (South Florida) are offering me 56% residual. Is that something that I should try to negotiate or is that set by Ally?
  • forumposterforumposter Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking for a diamond white (premium color) 2013 awd enclave, leather group, 12k/year, no money down. Currently leasing a Mazda. I was quoted about $520/month.

Good deal? Or should I be able to do decently lower?
  • paperboycccpaperboyccc Member Posts: 93
    A great dealer in SoCal gave me the detailed breakdown of the national advertised deal ($349/mo with $2309 down for 10K mi/yr for 24 mos with the buick experience):

MSRP $39,490 ($150 more than the national deal, incl roof rack)
    Selling Price $38,122
    $1,000 conquest cash (for owning any other car)
    $2,855 incentive
    Acq Fee $595
    $35,862 net cost after incentives incl acq fee
    Residual 65% ($25,668.50)
    Int. Rate 1.00%
    Down payment before registration and fees $2309

Monthly payment $349/mo

I also got a quote on a 36mo lease with no money down also 10K mi/yr:
    MSRP $39,490 ($150 more than the national deal, incl roof rack)
    Selling Price $38,122
    $1,000 conquest cash (for owning any other car)
    $3,000 incentive
    Acq Fee $595
    $34,717 net cost after incentives incl acq fee
    Residual 60% ($23,694) - note it's 59% for 12k mi/yr
    Int. Rate 1.50%
    Total Taxes: $1,317.72
    Money down: $0 (first month's payment and taxes rolled in)

Monthly payment $405/mo
  • jotiiijotiii Member Posts: 4
    Nice- Thanks

what do the " Incentives " of $3000 and $2855 represent?

I know that purchase programs have a $1500 cash offer incentive Plus the $1K conquest incentive- are the incentives you indicate for leases, and how are they determined?
  • paperboycccpaperboyccc Member Posts: 93
    Ally Financial Lease Incentives.
  • cwcranecwcrane Member Posts: 15
    Anyone know if the incentives from May carry over into June? I checked the website and could only find a $1500 incentive. I'm hoping for a 39-month lease FWD Leather group with sunroof.

Thanks!
    Hi cwcrane. Yes, Buick's lease program carried over from May to June essentially unchanged.

Car_man
    Host
    Thank you for the reply car_man!

I'm unable to find the post here listing each of the May Ally incentives, would you mind posting it again or referring me to that thread?
  • andremikeandremike Member Posts: 67
    Carman, I'm thinking about leasing the enclave and have some questions...

Would it be better to lease a 2013 or wait for the 2014?
    What would be better(lower payment(or about the same?)) a 24mo lease or a 36/39month lease?
    What are the numbers for a 24mo lease vs a 36 mo lease? I need at least 12K miles per year and prefer 15k miles. Seems like a good time to lease with all the cash.. wh
    What are the residuals %%% and rates for 24mo vs 36mo..

How does the Enclave lease compared to some other SUV's like the pathfinder, JX35 or the 2014 Acura MDX?

You say not to put any money down, but why? I want to lower my payment. Should I just hold the cash and withdraw as I need it?

Here is ILlinois, I will only lease if I get a tax credit. I refuse to pay sales tax on a car that I do not own. Can you explain how the tax credits really work? I have an idea, but don't want to look stupid.
    I've spent the past couple days trying to work a deal at a local Buick/GMC dealership and I'm not totally confident that the below numbers are as good as some other people have reported. Sadly, I do not feel there is any more room to negotiate as the sales manager has let me walk (to the Infiniti dealership) twice now. Does the below deal appear fair? If I can get confirmation it's a good deal, then I'll go ahead with it:

2013 Enclave FWD Leather Group Crystal (?) Red
    MSRP: $44,350
    Incentives/Rebates (I don't have a list of them individually - just the total): $4844.72
    Net Cap Cost: $39,505.28
    Term: 39 Months
    Rate/Money Factor (I forgot the actual interest rate - I think it's 1.5%, but manager calculated it as an MF): 0.0000625
    Total Fees (tag, title, destination/delivery, dealer): $1534
    FL Sales Tax: 7% (though he said it's not a straight 7% calculation on the monthly payment - something about 6% on first $50; something else after. I need him to explain again)
    Miles allowed: 15,000 miles/year
    Residual: 53%

Monthly Payment: $488.78

So, the model we're looking is the Leather group, but it is only FWD and does NOT have sunroof, nav, DVD, etc. It seems others have struck deals with more loaded models with comparable payments. It should be noted my quote is sign-and-drive (no money OOP).

Opinions VERY much welcome and appreciated! Thanks!
  • barrym1barrym1 Member Posts: 3
    DVD and Nav are options on all models. I was just quoted on a Premium 2013 with Nav and DVD and 20" wheels 638 a month for 39 and 15K a month.
    Sticker was about 52k and Edmunds FMV was a touch under 50K.
    the money factor you were quoted equals 1.5%. ( multiply money factor by 24) Residual sounds a bit low, but it is an American car and that is about where they are on these models. There is a web site you can go to, google "car lease residual values" and look and see if you are comfortable. RV are set by banks and not dealerships.
    sales tax in Florida is 6%. I live in Florida, leased a dozen cars... not 7%.
    remember your quote included over 1500 in fees, that is about 30 dollars a month. also is the 488 a month all in? meaning does it include the 6% sales tax? if so your actual payment is about 460 a month times 39 months your total outlay is about 18K, over the next 39 months. question to ask is can you live with that? if yes, then its a good deal....
    Hi Barrym1,

Thank you for the reply. I'm comfortable with all the numbers given - the payments are right in-line with what we're wanting to spend. I was just looking for confirmation that it's a decent deal (I've seen some other posts with lower payments but more options - this has made me question the deal). But, yes, the 488 payment quoted was all-in with sales tax (and you're right, sales tax 6% in FL - I was thinking of the additional local tax).
    You're very welcome, cwcrane. Here's the details.

US Bank's (it's lease program is a little better than Ally's right now) June base lease rate and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2013 Buick Enclave FWD Leather with 15,000 miles per year are 1.08% and 55%.

General Motors is currently providing a $3,000 cash incentive on leases of this truck. There's another grand for current owners or lessees of non-GM vehicles.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi andremike. There's nothing wrong with leasing a 2013 Enclave right now if you want one. I personally don't see any reason to wait for the '14 model.

I haven't worked up the numbers on 24-month versus 36-month leases of this model, but I do know that Buick is really pushing the two year term. On two year "Experience Buick" leases GM is offering free maintenance, free satellite radio and free OnStar.

Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 Buick Enclave without the Convenience package with 15,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 61%. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are 1.5% and 57% (though the US Bank program is a little better at 1.08%).

There is a $2,855 cash incentive on 24-month and $3,000 on 36-month leases of this model right now.

Of the vehicles that you mentioned, I think that the Pathfinder is the best value right now on terms of a lease.

It would be better to hold onto any money that you would put down and use it to subsidize your payment than to risk losing it by making a large down payment.

Yeah, the sales tax on leased vehicles in Illinois is outrageous. I have to admit, I'm more familiar with how the tax credits work on leased vehicles in Texas than I am on leases in Illinois.

Car_man
    Host
    edited June 2013
    Carman.... can you tell me if I am calculating this right... first off I am using the auto lease calculator in the android play market.

So the msrp is $45750. Invoice is $44237. Leather fwd with moonroof

For a 39 mo 15k miles 1.08% 55% with zero down and taking advantago of the $3000 leasd incentive and the $1000 conquest cash. would be $419.00 a month. Residual is $25162.

For 36 mo 1.08% 57% same as above would be $427.00 mo. Residual is $26077

For 24 mo 1.08% 57% same as above would be $550.00 A month. Residual is $27907

I maybe a few dollars off.... does this sound right?.. I'm ignoring tax right now. In that calculator I'm using invoice minus incentive minus conquest cash.. or 44237-3000-1000 = 40237... as the sale price
    can I also get the GM supplier $750.00 bonus cash discount on top of the $3000 lease incentive and the $1000.00 conquest cash.

I work for a company that would get the discount
    We just closed last night on a 2013 with leather/sunroof. At closing I asked if they knew what changes would be on the 2014 model and the sales manager believes two major upgrades will be hands-free entry with engine start-stop and HUD (he stressed this is just what he's heard - nothing definitive yet).
  • leaseinquirerleaseinquirer Member Posts: 2
    Appreciate thoughts on where I have further room to negotiate a lower MSRP/lease rate. Tks.
    Details of quote:
    - MSRP for leather package, dvd, nav, sunroof, AWD: 49950
    - term: 39 months with 15k per year
    - residual: .53
    - cash: 2350
    - rebate: 4000 - 3k cap cost reduction and 1k conquest cash
    - price including 1571 taxes, govt fee of 190 doc fee of 369: 47870
    - $2500 down - total including fall fees fist payment.

These fees just came down a bit from the above as originally was $525 per month with above, but just heard from dealer that he can now do for $507 per month due to reduction of some fees, but not sure which ones. Tks
    That sounds and looks eight based on my calculation. I came up with $498 but probably of by $10.00. That's using invoice as rhe sale price.. so $508.. go for it
    Hey andremike. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2013 Buick Enclave Leather FWD that has an MSRP of $45,750, a selling price of $40,237 ($44,237 - $3,000 - $1,000), a lease rate of 1.08% and a residual value of 55%, I estimate that you would have a zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $416.

The numbers for a 36-month lease would be $424.

The 1.08% lease rate is through US Bank, which does not offer 24-month leases.

Car_man
    Host
    Yes, andremike, you can get supplier bonus cash in addition to the lease cash and conquest offer. It's more than $750 though...it's all the way up to $2,250 right now.

Car_man
    Host
    What do you mean $750 up to $2250?.. how do you figure oit wjat it is? If i can get a car for $6250 off... I'm all over it...
  • firstbuickfirstbuick Member Posts: 4
    I am also a gm supplier - here's how it works as I'm finalizing a lease deal right now. You start with the gm supplier discount price - this is not negotiable, but comes in a bit under invoice. There's a gm supplier website that you can log onto that shows the exact price with your designated options. Then you apply the applicable consumer incentive - either lease or purchase (1500 for purchase, up to $4000 for lease), then you apply another $750 off for the supplier discount (until July 1st ).

I'm leasing a truck with an MSRP of about $48500 which will have a cap cost for the lease of about $41800. Remember, in the lease, the residual is based off that nice high MSRP-so these deals are really great right now.
  • leaseinquirerleaseinquirer Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Andremike. We did move forward although put $1600 down incl first payment and very happy with the vehicle.
  • firstbuickfirstbuick Member Posts: 4
    Carman, can you please tell me the residual % on a Leather AWD, 39 month lease, with 10,000 miles per year? I'm being told it's 56%, but that seems low given the low miles per year. Thank you
  • jensen3jensen3 Member Posts: 42
    My current lease is up in about a year and I'm thinking about changing things up a bit, so I'm subbing in here to get some idea of what people are paying. Thanks for sharing!
  • vsmoovevsmoove Member Posts: 7
    Hi, am dealing with an internet sales manager who has offered me the following deal... it looks to me that the lease factor and residual may be off but looking for some feedback:

MSRP - $49,795
    Supplier Price -- $47,818
    Price after Incentives -- $43,068
    Residual -- 55%
    Money Factor -- 1.32
    36 month lease/15kmiles -- $568.15 (FL taxes rolled in)

Any comments on the deal? Thanks.
    Without taxes I calculate 478. What are taxes in fl?
    andremike, taxes are 6%... he quoted me $536 before taxes. Are there other fees that he might have rolled in to get this higher figure than you calculated?
    edited July 2013
    What incentives are they offering? Your final price has almost 4700 in incentives.

Are you puttong any money down.

Unless you have the residual wrong my payment sjould be close
    Andremike, no money down... incentive of $3,000 dealer incentive, $1,000 lease conquest and $750 GM Supplier discount... so pretty hefty... I was surprised by the lease payment figure given the selling price... I also think the money factor looks a little high...
    So if you truely are not puttong any money down then I need to factor in first payment and doc fees. Are there and add ons on the car? Or is that truely the msrP

SO OF I TAKE AWAY $800 from your incentives then I'm maybe at $500 a month..
    No other add-ons... that's the MSRP quoted. I think they are high as well, which is surprising as the internet sales folks usually are straight up with me. They must be adding on a lot of undisclosed fees.
This discussion has been closed.