Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Buick Enclave Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi desgnconcpts. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Buick Enclave with 15,000 miles per year are 8.0% and 60%, respectively. The lease rate for a 39 month lease would be the same, but its residual value would be 59%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    You're absolutely right, vtraudt. The Mercedes-Benz R-Class is an outstanding deal right now. I am not personally a big fan of its looks :surprise: , but for I can overlook its styling to get such a useful Mercedes at an amazing price.

Car_man
    Host
  • izbodizbod Member Posts: 21
    How much was out of pocket on the Audi? I looked at 3.5 Premium with tech package and they gave me a stupid offer of $3500, 785 a month. I walked out. Right now I have a loaded FX35 @ 399 mt. The program was unique and I lucked out, but the lease term is up.
  • ody02tjkody02tjk Member Posts: 66
    I was out of pocket about $3900, detailed as follows: $2500 Cap cost reduction, $495 lease fee, $200 T&T, and $704 for first months payment. I got a 2007 3.6 Premium, with the Panorama Roof, 20inch wheels, convenience and infotainment packages, Bluetooth, Sirius (not worth the monthly fee) 3rd seat, 4 Zone Climate Control, and the extra cost Garnet Red Color. My selling Price was $53200. That deal was at the end of May, and was the best deal I could find in the metro Baltimore, Southern PA, and DC markets
  • desgnconcptsdesgnconcpts Member Posts: 53
    Hello Car_Man,

Can you please post the October lease rates for the Enclave CXL models (I'm pretty sure FWD and AWD are the same):

36 mos -- 10K mi, 12K mi, 15K mi
    39 mos -- 10K mi, 12K mi, 15K mi

Assuming the "buy rate" Money Factor is the same no matter the term/mileage. Really need the Residual Value for each to make a comparison of how long to lease and how many miles.

Would really appreciate your help.
    Thank You!
  • kcoreykcorey Member Posts: 130
    And a 48 month, 48,000 mile lease is 55% @ 8.0%...a good deal for me because I won't have to give another $3,500 for taxes, etc., etc. It came out to $15./month less...which was $519./month on a CXL FWD, Red, Driver Convience, Luxury and Cargo Net...about $34,500.
  • 724soccer724soccer Member Posts: 2
    What color do you want?
  • ody02tjkody02tjk Member Posts: 66
    Back in MAY, I wanted a CXL AWD in Gold Mist, with the Cocoa interior. I needed the car within a week, as my old car had been totalled. I found the color and equipment in Ohio (I am in MD). Two dealers stated they would DX with the Ohio dealer for the one I wanted. However, both of the Buick dealers jerked me around to try to buy what they had in stock. This drove me to look elsewhere, and I got an Audi Q7 for only $10 more per month on the lease than the Buick. The Buick was nice, but the Audi is a lot nicer, includes the maintenance, and was a much better deal financially.
  • jacobmjacobm Member Posts: 15
    I got a quote for a 2wd, leather, navigation
    $0 down
    $700 a month
    ???
    I remember reading something to the effect that it was possible to lease the enclave for less than $500 a month?
  • baseballmom97baseballmom97 Member Posts: 101
    I've always done 36 month leases on my cars because that is when the bumper-to-bumper warranty expired.

Since the Enclave has a 48 month bumper-to-bumper warranty, does it make sense to do a 48 month lease? Or are most people going with 36 month leases?

Thanks for any input!
  • baseballmom97baseballmom97 Member Posts: 101
    Carman or anyone,

Do you happen to know the money factor and residual values for the following:

Buick Acadia CXL AWD

36 month/ 12K year

39 month/ 12K year

48 month/12K year

Thank you so much!!!
    I'm like you...I leased my 2005 Terraza for 36 months (the length of the warrantee. We decided (actually, my wife decided) that it would make more sense to lease this one for 48 months, not for the lower payment (about $10.), but why should we go through all the expense again in 3 years...tax, transfer fees, etc.,etc.
    Hope this helps.
  • dogbytedogbyte Member Posts: 8
    I have been reading the posts here with interest. The Enclave although priced significantly lower than the competing imports (Volvo CX90, Acura MDX) similarly equiped, leasing is really not an option currently. These vehicles can be leased for $500 per months or less with cap cost reductions of $2500-$3000 added up front. I have not done the math on a no money down lease comparison but it sure looks as though GM's leasing program is not worth a warm bucket of spit. Too bad.
  • jacobmjacobm Member Posts: 15
    I just got an offer on a cxl fwd entertainment #3 with sunroof and confidence package for $615 a month no money down and picked up from this dealer a coupon at the auto show they pay the first 5 payments of $500.
    615*36 (months) = $22,140 subtract the 5 payments total $2,500 =$19,640 my costs for the 3 years
    41,000 (car would cost me) -19,640 (3 year lease cost) = $21,360 - I would have to sell for at least at the end of the 3 years.
  • koberrykoberry Member Posts: 28
    Carman:

You've helped me secure terrific deals on my last two leases - thanks for the service you provide here! My RX330 lease is up and I'm looking for help in negotiating my next vehicle. Can you provide the November money factor and residual for the following lease?

2008 Buick Enclave CXL
    36 mo lease
    15,000 mi/yr

Thanks,

Ken
  • enclavebuyerenclavebuyer Member Posts: 1
    I've been talking online with a local ISM and he says he has access to a fully loaded CXL FWD that he can get in a few days if we make a deal.The first numbers he quoted me were:

36 months / 10k miles 65% residual $757.89
    36 months / 12k miles 63% residual $794.65
    36 months / 15k miles 60% residual $826.32

I bought a program called leasewizard, ran some numbers myself then sent him this email, am I out of line or is this realistic?

-- Begin Email --

From what I can tell via (edmunds.com) The Enclave as you described is $46,175 MSRP and $42,279 Invoice, now if we did the deal at a cap cost of $44,000 with a GM Smartlease (12k Miles, 63% Residual, 8.0% Money Factor) my math is putting me at a payment of $661.57 which seems reasonable to me.

-- End Email --

What do you guys think? Thanks in advance!!
    Hi enclavebuyer. The selling price that you offered the dealer is around $1,700 over invoice. If you are in an area that has a decent level of competition, I personally would not be surprised if you were bale to do better than that. If I was personally in the market for an '08 Enclave I would shoot for a selling price that's $1,000 less than this. Make sure to stop by the "Buick Enclave Prices Paid and Buying Experience" discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar trucks lately. The lease rate and residual value that you quoted are right in line with GMAC's current program for this model.

Car_man
    Host
  • enclaverenclaver Member Posts: 8
    Hi All,

Looking for some feedback on this offer I just received (12/23)... Car_man, if you're out there, please chime in with your expertise.

CXL FWD, Entertainment Package #3, Driver Confidence Pkg, White Diamond Tricoat, Ebony on Ebony Leather, 2nd Row Captains Chairs, to name a few..

Price: 37100
    Term: 39mo
    Rate: 8.0
    Residual: .59 ($23,375.80)
    Doc Fee: 599.00
    Cash Down: 2500
    Rebate: 500
    Sec Deposit: 600
    Gov't Fees: 266.50
    Taxes: 1490.12
    Total Initial Payment: 2999.99

Total Monthly Payment: $584.66

They first offered $618/mo w/out Taxes & 2k down, I chuckled. Then he bragged about how he was going to give me this wonderful, take-it or leave-it offer that was unbeatable and unbelievable. That he had Dealer Coupons that he would credit me but this offer was to die for.

I'm not really impressed. He up-ed the down payment, the lease rate is 8%, and the security deposit is awful high. Is this guy blowing smoke up my [non-permissible content removed]? I'm not really feeling the holiday love...

Looking for feedback!!!

All the best!
    Hi enclaver. As hard as it is to believe, the terrible 8.0% lease rate that you were quoted is the best available rate on the 2008 Buick Enclave right now. If I personally was looking to lease a new SUV, I probably would not go with a Buick Enclave at this time.

I would be happy to give you my feedback on this truck's selling price if you provide me with its MSRP. It will show me how much of a discount you are being given on it. The $600 security deposit is right in line with what it should be for a vehicle that has a $485 monthly payment, but the $599 doc fee is pretty high.

Car_man
    Host
  • octagon3octagon3 Member Posts: 6
    WIth the fed lowering the prime, is there any history of GM lowering their lease rates? Would prefer to lease, but GM's lease rates pushes me towards a purchase. Regrettably, we're hooked ont he Lambdas - especially the more comfy Enclave. If they come out with an Acadia Denalie with a 4 year warranty, then I would go with that - any word on the Denali?
  • dammitjim1dammitjim1 Member Posts: 95
    I am going to be in the market for a new vehicle in the next few months, as the Tahoe Z71 I have under a GM Smartbuy is going to be ending. From what I have read in this and the Acadia forums, lease prices are pretty outrageous. Although I love the Z71 Tahoe, with gas well over $3/gallon I am unlikely to be getting another Tahoe. Does anybody out there think that the lease support situation will improve? If not, it looks like the Mazda CX-9 is next for me.
    Good question, octagon3. I have seen a number of people asking this lately. General Motors really has not reduced its special lease rates any since the Federal Reserve began its rate cutting campaign several months ago. The cuts seem to have had an impact upon banks' standard interest rates, just not on any of the special rates yet. It is difficult to say whether GM will eventually lower its lease rates as a result of these cuts. Unfortunately, I think that there is a very good chance that they won't. The environment for light vehicle sales is so bad in the U.S. right now that a number of manufacturers have decided to cut production rather than just piling on more and more incentives.

Car_man
    Host
    What you've heard is absolutely correct, dammitjim1. GM's lease program for the Buick Enclave is terrible right now. GMAC's current "special" (that is definitely using the phrase very loosely) lease rate for it is 8%. It is difficult to say whether GM will enhance this model's lease program down the road. The current lease program is scheduled to run through March 3rd. If I had to make an educated guess, I would say that GM will probably not enhance its lease offer on the Enclave much when its next program is announced. For whatever reason, its lease program on the Enclave has been consistently bad for some time now. Of course, I have to attach my usual disclaimer to this that it is impossible to predict what automakers will do with their future incentives with 100% accuracy :).

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks for your input, Car_man. I guess as long as there are people willing to pony up and pay the terrible lease rates, there will be little incentive for GM to provide better support on lease of these vehicles. One would think, however, that GM would have a greater awareness of the competition out there. By comparison, fantastic deals can be had on the CX-9 in NYC/LI with very little effort.
  • chasottochasotto Member Posts: 1
    Car_man - new to this forum but just reading the exisitng posts it has already been helpful. Here is my question. I currently have a 48 month smart buy on a Cadillac SRX due March 15th. We are interested in leasing an Enclave but the rates are outrageous. We were given a rough quote of about 750 a month. I am planning on extending my SRX smart buy from GMAC on a month to month basis. Can I do this? I did it once before on a lease from GMAC when I was waiting for delivery on a car. Any advice? What is the best source to get info on GMAC lease rates that will be announced March 3rd?
  • bondguy1bondguy1 Member Posts: 231
    I have never owned an American manufactured car and would never consider one (unless, maybe a Corvette...but not right now in my life with 3 young kids). Anyway, looking at the Mazda CX9, Volkswagen Toureg 2, Acura MDX and one or two others. Why is GM offering such a nice vehicle but then making it so outrageously expensive that the lease programs SUCK. If I were buying it, no problem. Go to my bank, not the dealership, and get a good finance rate...end of story. But, for leasing...quoted for a very loaded (no Hard Drive NAV, No DVD, No Rear Camera system)...does include the package with the rotating headlamps, remote start, back up beeping in bumper, dual moonroofs and one or two other miscelaneous add ons...sticker price of car was $39,400 list. Price with $1,500 at start total, 15K miles annually, 39 months was $681 including the sales tax of 6 1/2%. Is this a good deal? For 36 months, same miles, $658/month. Now, this was without some options as stated above. It did have the bigger chrome wheel package available in CA, TX and FL only. It's really a shame to me because for a car that is loaded at $43,000 area, with about the $1,000 to $1,500 total at start, I would expect to pay about $550-$650/month. I also was looking at a Japanese car (Infiniti) with a sticker price of $51,000 and the lease for 39 months with $1,000 due total at start was about the same...$650 plus tax. I know there are many factors involved including residuals, lease factors and such but GM finally got a car I am somewhat interested in and they are screwing it up for themeselves and everybody who would otherwise want to lease one at a competitive rate...which they definitely are NOT!!! Shame on you GM...you lost my business for a long time (not that you ever had it before but now you'll never get it).
    Maybe YOU think it's not a good deal, but I leased mine for 48 month, 12,000 mile/year, and at a lot better price than you're quoting. Shop around, and use a sharp pencil!! A lot of people are getting GREAT deals on Enclaves. Don't expect the dealer (or GM) to give the car away. It's HOT, and people in the know, know it's HOT, and they are buying one. If you're happy with an Import, so be it. I want a great car, and I got one...at a great deal, too.
    Of course you got a better price...you only did 12,000 miles and for 48 months. I would never do a 48 month lease...just my personal preference. I know the warranty covers up to 50K miles but if I was going to lease for 48 months rather than 36, I would just put $10K down and buy the car. Remember, the deal to you may not be a deal to me...everybody gets a different price when they buy or lease. If people are willing to pay the high price for this SUV, than why wouldn't they continue to sell them there...can't fault them for that. I've seen it all too many times...today's hot car is old very quickly. For the same money, I am going back to either the Japanese SUV which has a proven RELIABILITY track record or back to the Audi Q7 (since I am currently driving my 3rd Audi A6 car). I don't believe there are any GREAT deals to be had on an Enclave lease now or since the car was introduced. I think if somebody wanted to get an Enclave, purchasing it would make more sense financially. You can use 4.1/2% rate from a bank or credit union for 5 year financing (payment of $652.51 financing $35K...putting $10K down)...for $45K including tax, you should be able to get a pretty well loaded vehicle. Incidentally, 4 year financing is $798.12/month for the same $35K financed. You can only put $5,000 down at start, finance $40,000 for 60 months and pay only$745.72/month and own the car outright. This is why I say a lease for this car doesn't make sense when for a little bit more, you can own it!
    I have a fully loaded Z-71 Tahoe that is reaching the end of its GMAC Smart Lease term, or at least within the so-called Pull-Ahead period, where I could make the jump into another GM vehicle. I had been interested in either the Acadia or the Enclave, leaning toward the Enclave on the basis of looks and amenities despite the unwritten law that you have to be old to drive a Buick. I knew that there was not much discounting going on with these Lambda cars, but really....

So , I price out a fully loaded CXL, all the packages, red jewel tintcoat, MSRP $46945
    I am from eastern Nassau County, LI and contacted the internet sales manager at Arnold Buick. I get quoted a buy price of $44,811. Invoice is approx. 43,108. I guess $1700 over invoice for a Buick is acceptable at the moment.

When I asked for the Smart Lease pricing, I got quoted a rate of $603/mo for 39 months, with $3000 down.

$603/month for a Buick! BUICK!!! That pricing is already into Audi territory, among others. What is GM thinking??

At this rate, I will probably hold the Tahoe to the end of the lease and jump to another vehicle. The CX-9 GT is already on my short list.
    I still think you have to run the numbers a little bit sharper. My lease was nothing down (I included the taxes, etc., with the payment). The only money I put down was $600. for the 1st payment, about $135 for motor vehicle fees,..the total down was about $1,000. The monthly payment is $519. month...for 48 months, 12,000 miles per year (48,000 miles for 48 months). I went to about 10 dealers and this seemed about the best deal. I special ordered the car, it took 13 weeks for it to come in, and I have everything on it I want. Why would I buy an Audi, Infiniti, VW, etc., when the Enclave is a much better car (in my opinion) with a much better warranty.
    I'm sorry, to clear up what I got...an Enclave CXL, Red Jeweltone, Driver Confidence Package, Luxury Package, Cargo Net & Cover. I didn't bother with the Navigation or DVD or Bose. The 12,000 miles per year (1,000 miles/mo.) works well for me. If I see that I might go over, I probably will turn this in before I hit the 48,000 mile mark...that's what I did with the Terraza.
    Correct. I couldn't agree more. I am also going to look at the CX9 (by the way, Motor Trends SUV of the year, not Buick). And, the Buick doesn't have a lot of the available options that are available on Audi...voice command for NAV, Radio, Telephone. Buick Enclave doesn't offer Bluetooth built-in to their vehicle. Satellite Radio (Sirius) is standard on Audi (you get a few months free and then pay for subscription...but it isn't standard on Buick). The Buick has the Xenon headlamps but if you want the ones that go side to side, you have to get an extra package. Keyless entry isn't even available on the Buick...on Audi, just touch the door handle, keep the key in your pocket (any of the four doors or trunk) and the door opens. Push a button inside the car and it starts or stops. If the Buick claims to be the ultimate in SUV luxury, why did they omit some of these features or at least why didn't they offer them as optional? Oh, Audi also has available a warning if you change lanes unintentionally...as if you are tired and doze off or looking down for a second...a great safety feature.
    Agreed, those are great features to have. I understand that the Lambda class CUV's, particularly the Buick are hot right now, I just don't see the strategy behind the exceedingly poor lease support. I remember the so-called "triplets" ( Envoy/Trailblazer/Bravada) were also hot when they first came out as well, but they were reasonably discounted and had fairly attractive lease rates. The pricing on these vehicles seems designed to discourage people from leasing. GM, particularly Buick, just doesn't have the track record to play in $600+/month lease territory
  • hoalawyerhoalawyer Member Posts: 4
    i recently had this offer for an enclave cxl, loaded, entertainment package 4, dual sunroof, luxury package, driver confidence package and chrome package:

2500 down (total out of pocket - taxes, fees, etc.)
    36 mo.
    15k miles
    dealer to pay my last month lease payment ($459) and lease return fee on my current car
    $650/mo.

From those who know - is this a deal, or no deal?
    What was the buy price of the car around which the lease price was structured? Also, I seriously doubt that the dealer is just paying of the rest of your previous lease. You can safely assume that it would be rolled into the Buick lease somehow.

I think the lease price is too high, indicative of poor lease support by GM on the entire class of Lambda vehicles. You could be driving an Audi for that kind of money.
    The buy price was around $43,500. I am also trying to work w/an Audi dealer on a quote for a Q7. They sent me an e-mail after I sent in inquiry telling me they are running a special re sales and leases at $500 below invoice. But what about the dvd player for the kids? No package for that w/Audi!
    Get them portable DVD players they can hold in their laps...cheaper, and they can watch their own movies with no fights. The deal you're exploring with the Audi looks interesting...on LI, you can lease a Q7 w/sunroof for under $500/month, though the initial out of pocket costs would be higher than with the Buick. I still can't see what strategy GM has with the really poor lease support, unless they are actively trying to discourage leasing these vehicles. To me, there is just something fundamentally wrong with paying $650/month to lease a Buick.
    I just don't understand why you would put an Enclave (Buick) into the same class as an Audi (Volkswagen). If you want an Audi (for whatever it's worth) then just get one. It's a lot better to shop for the vehicle (and options on it) that you want,and then bargain for the price, then to say "Oh...I could get, whatever...for that price! A fully loaded car may be great, if that's what you need/want. Don't just buy one because it seems like a good deal. Generally speaking, you'll end up overbuying, and overpaying! Buy what you need!
    It wasn't my intent to put Buick in the same class as Audi - the point is that because of poor GMAC lease support on the Buick (and Acadia/Outlook), these vehicles lease in the same price range as Audi. The lease rates are unfavorable even in comparison with other GM vehicles. I am in a lease right now on a fully loaded Z71 Tahoe, with a higher MSRP. Because of better lease support and dealer willing to discount, I am paying substantially less than $500/month on that vehicle. If the same programs were available for the Enclave, I'd be at the dealer today ready to sign the lease. As it is, $600+/month with a hefty drive off cost to boot is just a non-starter.
    Allright...I know I was comparing the Enclave to Audi and price for a lease was crazy high for the Enclave but I think I found a great deal and now am thinking about the Enclave again. The Q7 by Audi is stodgy looking and although not all the same bells and whistles as the Q7, the Enclave is a fresh design and nice looking inside as well as out. Here's the details and let me know if this seems like a good deal I was offered:

2008 Enclave CXL AWD
    19" Chrome Alloy Wheels
    Chrome Package
    Power Sunroof w/ Second Row Sunlight
    Luxury Pkg.
    Driver Confidence Pkg.
    Cargo Net
    Cargo Shade
    Entertainment Pkg #3 (NAV and all the good stuff but no DVD player)
    Above Pkg has the Bose stereo but not the 5.1 system (not sure if that matters that much soundwise)
    Black Metallic Paint
    Ebony Leather inside

39 month lease, total at start to dealer including 1st month is $1,000, 15K miles annually with .15c mile over---payments of $660/month plus tax= $699 including tax

First of all, is this a good price for this lease...including the $735 destination charge, this vehicle stickers for $43,925. I can do 36 month lease with same parameters for $725/month including tax (not sure if this is a better deal or not).
    Any and all help appreciated...looking to do this soon. Thanks in advance.
  • vtraudtvtraudt Member Posts: 52
    "Allright...I know I was comparing the Enclave to Audi and price for a lease was crazy high for the Enclave but I think I found a great deal and now am thinking about the Enclave again. The Q7 by Audi is stodgy looking and although not all the same bells and whistles as the Q7, the Enclave is a fresh design and nice looking inside as well as out."

There similar statements (argueing for or against Enclave vs. Premium Cars).

GM gets away with low discounts (buy), high financial cost (money factor, interest rate; lease) because: demand is high!

As long as everyone seems to want it, the cost of ownership will remain high.

What makes things worse (for leasing) is a (likely) low residual value.

So yes: currently, you get easily 5000 to 10000 dollar "more car" at Audi and MB until the Encleave craze is over. But you can save some big bucks already by buying the virtually same Saturn or GMC; I bet GM is offering much better deals on those.

Volker
    I totally agree that the Enclave is crazy high. Whatever you may think of the looks of the Audi or similar cars, I just don't think that Buick has the pedigree to play in that territory on a lease. Unfortunately, the Acadia is only about $50/month less when identically equipped. I did not check on the Saturn, but I would suspect that it is likewise overpriced.
    Back to my original posting - i ended up w/ a fully loaded Honda Odessy Touring Edition (vav., dvd, etc., etc.) - 429/mo., plus tax, 15k miles per yr., 36 months, $3k down at signing, inc. first mo., and Honda is making my last payment on my MDX ($467) and taking the car back for me. Just couldn't beat the features, quality, and price with anything else. This was a national deal, that I was able to tweak a bit (15k miles instead of 12k). With 2 kids and a dog, i say "respect the van".
    Okay. Ordering this:

2008 CXL FWD
    Power Moonroof w/ Sunroof in Rear
    19" Chrome Wheel Pkg
    Luxury Pkg
    Driver Confidence Pkg
    Entertainment Group #4 (with NAV and DVD)
    Cargo Shade
    Cargo Net
    Metallic Paint ($95 charge)
    Including Destination Charge ($735)

$1,250 total money at start to dealer (includes first payment) , 15K miles annually, 39 month lease with 38 remaining payments of $630 + tax.
    Is this a competitive deal???
    I have received similar quotes for the AWD model, though considering the relatively low drive-off cost of your deal, that price is probably competitive with other dealers, though it's still $630/month for a Buick. Good luck with your Enclave.
    What do youy mean "good luck"? I have read many reviews about the transmission problem but most with driving in a hilly area. I'm in Florida so no worries there. Are there many other problems I should be aware of? I could get the Mazda CX9 better equipped for about $100 less/month but didn't like the car as much. Lots more features but hate a 3 people in middle row with two in the rear setup. The Volvo XC90 is the same way. I know for the list price of this vehicle, the Enclave, it's a lot of money (for a Buick) but that's where you have to step back from looking at the stigma (if that's the right word) and look at what they give you for your money. The vehicle is beautiful looking, plenty of room inside (and dead quiet at high speed), a long warranty (which hopefully I won't need). I have never owned an American made car so I am probably the segment that GM is looking to attract with this new Enclave. I'm leasing not buying for 3 years. If it turns out to be a nightmare, I'll deal with it for 3 years through warrany at least. Mileage is better than the Mazda and Volvo (two others I was looking at). Does it have all the bells and whistles of the Mazda???NO. Do I like the bigger inside and quieter ride and the looks better? YES. I also like the fact that GM (although I have never dealt with them) offers pullback programs from time to time to get you out early and lock you into another lease. From what I heard, sometimes 6 months early and they cover all remaining payments and no turn in fee if you decide to lease with them again on another vehicle...that's all well and good if my experience turns out to be a good one. My 2nd Audi A6, currently leased by me and coming due, was a great car but Audi did NOTHING for me as far as special offers to re-lease with them again...NOTHING. To me, that's just stupid and I think that they need to rethink their program for returning and possible returning lessees. GM gets points there in that category. I love the look and ride quietness of the Enclave. The Mazda probably has better handling...but I'm no looking to race anyone in this thing. It seems to do what I want...roomy like a minivan inside with a much cooler body outside and enough techie stuff inside....and, it's nice to actually after all these years buy American...I really hope they don't disappoint me.
    No sarcasm was intended there, I was sincere in wising you good luck with the new car. I have leased 2 GM vehicles and am coming to the "Pull Ahead" on my current lease - a 2005 Z-71 Tahoe, fully loaded. Though my overall experience with GM vehicles has been good (and I think yours probably will be as well), I just can't see paying that kind of money for a Buick. Unless GM starts providing dramatically better lease support, I might take a last look at the possibilities of the Lambda cars once Chevy introduces the Traverse later this year. Probably it's wishful thinking to believe that GM will provide better lease support on any of the Lambda vehicles by then, but I have no choice but to wait. I can still opt for the CX-9, which I had the opportunity to rent recently and liked very much. The difference in price is pretty substantial - I was quoted a lease price of under $500 for a fully loaded GT (GT Assist, Rear Ent, etc.) with less than $3000 out of pocket. Granted, I can't take advantage of any Pull Ahead programs if I'm making the jump to a Mazda. So for now, I will watch GM's programs and stay in the family if I can.

Again, I do hope that you enjoy your new Enclave.
    I have a question for you since you seem experienced with leasing through GM. I got a letter in the mail back in December that has since expired for up to $2,000 off of any GM vehicle or pay off my non-GM lease up to 4 months of payments. Since I only have one month left on my Audi, and my coupon is since expired and not with me anymore, would they make a great deal like I think I got offered and then could i whip out the letter and expect a better discount or is there no "free" lunch and it's one or the other? I know someone who has one of these coupons now (she got in the mail recently) and if she wasn't going to use it, I would ask her for it if I thought it might get me a better discount. Any thoughts????
    If you were going for a car like a Chevy Uplander that they can't seem ro give away, I think you might have a better than average chance of applying both discounts, assuming that the coupon was still in effect. However, in your case, with people apparently lining up to cheerfully fork over $650/month for a Buick, I suspect that you probably wouldn't get either discount. Check the fine print on the coupon - certain vehicles might be excluded, or the discount on the Lambda cars far less than $2000. I've seen those coupons before, since I am also a GM cardholder. The other enticements they frequently use is to bump up your GM Card earnings points to get you into a showroom. The scenario of GM paying off non-GM leases is an interesting concept, if they're not just rolling that into your new lease. I should seriously start looking at the Mazda CX-9 and see if I could work something like that out with them. However, there's another highly popular vehicle, though there are deals out there.
    Mazda CX9 deals from what I heard are going for $1,000 to $1,500 under invoice price on the cars. I called the competitive leasing dept at GM today (yes, there is a department for this). They told me based on my name and address they could look up my info. They found the coupon that I was sent that expired in January. They can't reissue it but said the dealerships can look it up as well and it's up to their discretion as to whether they accept it or not. I don't see why they wouldn't as it doesn't come out of their pocket, the discount is absorbed by GM...not the dealer. Have you heard of this being done???
This discussion has been closed.