Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Cylinder deactivation - shut off

bohamboham Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Honda
My dog is having an issue with the Cylinder Deactivation. Every time it switches to 3-cylinder mode he sits up and acts funny.

Does anyone know of a way to prevent the engine from getting into ECO mode? Preferably without having to travel on the highway in 2nd gear. Is there a way to disable the function?

Comments

• jipsterjipster Member Posts: 6,244
    Keep the van... replace the dog.
    2020 Honda Accord EX-L, 2011 Hyundai Veracruz, 2010 Mercury Milan Premiere, 2007 Kia Optima
  • blackexv6blackexv6 Member Posts: 503
    The dog should be wearing a seat belt.
  • chirpchirp Member Posts: 194
    Yes, there is a black hose that runs from the back of the van to the front and connects near the top of the engine. If you cut that with a chainsaw this will end your issues with the eco function. I have the same problem and now only drive my dog around in our 1996 town car. The Town car deactivates it's own cylinders due to age, but the dog doesn't seem to mind.
  • cccompsoncccompson Member Posts: 2,382
    No, there isn't a way to deactivate VCM. The "ECO function," as you call it, is not directly related to VCM.
  • craigontheboatcraigontheboat Member Posts: 5
    Does this deactivation enhance road head or de enhance road head?
This discussion has been closed.