Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Veracruz Lease Questions

2»

Comments

• cjkbme2wcjkbme2w Member Posts: 82
    Car_Man

Where can I find the most current money factor and residual factors.

Thanks,
    Craig
  • pegasus17pegasus17 Member Posts: 536
    Sent yesterday; did you get it?
  • men2000men2000 Member Posts: 3
    To the Host, first of all I thought the information post on this Forum is very good.

I'm in Texas and this is my first time leasing a vehicle so I just try to assemble what information that I need to know before making a decision. I have been looking at the Veracruz Limited FWD and consider leasing this vehicle. I have read the comment post on this forum and kind of getting the idea what information is important (but not everything.)
    The vehicle I am looking at is a 2007 Veracuz Limited, MSRP $32305 and saling price $28,000 (the vehicle has 6000 miles on it already). Would it better to lease 2007 or a 2008 model?

The dealer said I can do a lease with just a down payment of 1 month lease. I want to do 24 month lease with 12,000 miles/year. What is the current money factor and Residual Value for the Limited? What is a fair monthly payment for leasing a Veracuz Limited ( assumed 1 month down payment)?
  • perrin75perrin75 Member Posts: 7
    I'm very new to leasing and I am trying to understand the Hyundai lease offer that is currently available for the VeraCruz. According to their website the deals are $299/month for 24 months, $2,200 customer cash down plus $1,000 HMFC origination support, and $2,499 due at lease signing.

So, if I am reading this correctly I must have $4, 699 (+1,000 cash back bonus) at the signing? Also, if I negotiate to reduce the price of the car down from $26,900 (assuming that is the sticker price for the model with the lease special) will that in turn reduce the amount of money I will need to have at signing?
  • pegasus17pegasus17 Member Posts: 536
    2499 = sum of 2200 (customer cash) plus 299 (first month payment); HMFC contributes 1000 to reduce overall cost - this usually covers the 595 acquisition fee plus another 405 of CCR (cap. cost reduction). Try to get a better price on the vehicle to reduce the initial down payment...It is NEVER smart to put too much down on a lease (any more than 600 out the door is overkill IMO)...good luck
  • argentoargento Member Posts: 5
    I was also looking at leasing this vehicle. At $540/month, it is more than what I have been offered to lease an Acura MDX base ($510/month - no money down).

R
  • tfulminotfulmino Member Posts: 3
    car_man:

I was wondering if you knew the current lease specials, if any, on the FWD Limited.

Thanks!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi tfulmino. Unfortunately, Hyundai is not currently providing lease support on the 2008 Veracruz. As a result, you would be better off paying cash for or financing one through an independent bank right now. If you decide to go that route, make sure to take advantage of the $1,500 customer cash and $2,000 dealer cash ($3,500 total) that are currently available on this model.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • eclaixpeclaixp Member Posts: 46
    Has anyone recently leased a 08 VC FWD GLS , SE, or LTD? If so, what seems to be the current residual and money factor? I'd like to give as little down payment as possible such as $1000. I'm in South FL. Would it be possible to lease a 08 GLS FWD for $275 / 36 months / 12k miles / $1000 down?
  • njblokenjbloke Member Posts: 6
    Afternoon,

I am interested in leasing a 2008 (no 2009 on lots (???) GLS FWD for a 3 year 36K lease. Can you please let me know what the money factor and residual are? I am unsure if Hyundai Finance is running any programs on this car. MSRP is 27,795 and they are currently offering a 4K rebate. Thanks much - great forum.
    Greetings njbloke. Hyundai is not currently offering lease support on the Veracruz. Without support, leasing one doesn't make much sense. You probably would be better off taking advantage of the huge cash incentive that is available on this truck and financing it through an independent bank. In March, Hyundai was offering $4,000 consumer cash on the '08 Veracruz. It is scheduled to announce its April (man I can't believe that it's already April) programs later today. Please feel free to check back with me and I will provide you with an update on what the new programs on this model are like.

Car_man
    Host
  • mattydmattyd Member Posts: 21
    $275/mon!?? Are US prices that low? Check it out: I just checked for a price in Toronto and your target car (09 though) comes to US$580/mon {C$694.32} w/ $1k down, 36 mon. To buy outright it's $34760 bfr tax.
  • hooopshooops Member Posts: 64
    Hi Car_man,

Can you please provide the money factor and residual for a 2009 Veracruz GLS, 36 months, 15Kmi/yr.

Thanks
    Hey Dan. I just replied to your question about leasing a Santa Fe. The same goes for the Veracruz. Hyundai is not currently providing any lease support on either of these trucks. As a result, leasing them does not make much sense right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • niceguy23usniceguy23us Member Posts: 1
    I leased 2007 Hyundai Veracruz in 2007. Now, I would like to purchase it at the end of lease which is this month.

I am told to work with Sanford Auto exchange, Sanford, FL to purchase my vehicle. This dealer does not charge "dealer fees" which other dealers charge in Florida.

Does anyone have any experience purchasing a leased vehicle through this Sanford Auto Exchange?. Are they reliable and trustworthy?.

Please let me know. Thanks for all your help and time.
  • sretigsretig Member Posts: 6
    Greetings Car_Man,

Hoping you can assist. I recently visited a dealer who quoted me $549 a month for the Veracruz limited with Nav. I thought this was high until I ran some of the numbers myself and I can't come close to what I was offered. If i'm getting the correct info the invoice on this Vehicle is $34,024.00 and residual is %48. With a money factor of .00167 which I'm totally pulling from the air I get a monthly cost of $619.

Do you have any insight of any incentives they may be using to get below invoice? Lastly, the $549 does not include First month, bank or dmv.

Thanks in advance for your help on this and several other forums I am monitoring during this joyous process.
    Hello sretig. Hyundai is currently providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of the Veracruz. I would think that the best that the dealer likely would be able to do on a lease of this model is $1,000 under invoice or slightly less than that.

Car_man
    Host
  • crossbones1crossbones1 Member Posts: 3
    Looking for current money factor and residual % for 2010 Hyundai Veracruz LTD AWD with navigation package. 36-month lease w/ 15,000 miles/year. Thanks!
  • crossbones1crossbones1 Member Posts: 3
    Looking for current money factor and residual % for 2010 Hyundai Veracruz LTD AWD with navigation package. 36-month lease w/ 15,000 miles/year. Thanks!
    Hi crossbones1. Hyundai Finance's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Veracruz Limited AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00235 and 55%, respectively.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
  • eleven03eleven03 Member Posts: 17
    Car_Man, as you can see, I'm all over the board with my 3 row seating autos.

I am looking for the lease factors on a 2010 Veracruz Limited FWD with 15,000 miles per year for a 36 month lease. Also what incentives are available.

Thanks for your help.
    Hey eleven03. There's nothing wrong with shopping around. Here's the info that you wanted.

Hyundai Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Veracruz Limited FWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00180 and 51%, respectively.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
  • azuluazulu Member Posts: 20
    Hi:

Can anyone provide the January MF, residual and miles/year numbers for the following trims?

2011 GLS FWD

2011 Limited FWD

Thanks,

AZ
    Hi azulu. Hyundai Finance's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Veracruz GLS FWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00156 and 54%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2011 Veracruz Limited FWD are .00156 and 53%.

Car_man
    Host
  • rlowrie1rlowrie1 Member Posts: 5
    Hi

Looking for June Lease info for a Veracruz LTD AWD with Nav. Probably 36 months with 10-12K miles.

Thanks

Rick
    Hi Rick. Hyundai Finance's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Veracruz Limited AWD with Navigation and 12,000 miles per year are .00120 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • akw8akw8 Member Posts: 3
    Can someone tell me the current money factor and residual on the Veracruz lease?
    Hi akw8. Hyundai Finance's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Veracruz GLS AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00077 and 46%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • aldynaldyn Member Posts: 2
    What is the September money factor & residual rate for Veracruz, 2011, AWD, Limited, 3 years or 39 months and 10,000 miles & 12,000 miles respectively?
    And, why do dealers lease for 39 months normally instead of 36 months?
    Thanks!
  • aldynaldyn Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man,
    I am probably leasing a Veracruz tomorrow and would very much appreciate your i nfo. re leasing factor rates for 36mth, 39mth, 12,000 & 10,000 miles per yr, respectively.

And also, if I purchase a Veracruz, will I have a difficult time to sell it after 2 or 3 years, it being a discontinued model?

Thanks,
    Hi aldyn. Hyundai Finance's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Veracruz GLS AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00077 and 47%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I'm not sure if Hyundai Finance offers leases with only 10,000 miles per year, but if it does its residual value for that allowance would likely be 1% higher.

I don't believe that Hyundai is currently offering 39 month leases on this model.

When negotiating your deal on his truck, make sure to take the significant $3,000 cash incentive that Hyundai is currently providing on leases of it into account.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey aldyn. Please see my previous post for the information that you're looking for.

It's difficult to predict what the resale value for a Veracruz will be like two to three years from now, but if I had to make an educated guess I'd say not great. While they have improved in recent years, Korean vehicles are not known for their great resale values.

Car_man
    Host