Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

What Big 3 European/Asian Vehicle Would You Most Like To See In The USA?

harrycheztharrychezt Member Posts: 405
For me, I like the Opels, but this car, since seeing photos on the net, etc, past 6 months or so, this would be it: The Mondeo( 5 doors would be nice, too, as in the photos here).

Here's a review of the Mondeo. 5 stars!
http://www.channel4.com/4car/rt/large+family/full+road+test/1822/5
We also have the C1(?) platform/Focus to consider.
This car looks interesting,too,but won't be out for what, 1-2 years, perhaps, but I guess we could consider it for this topic.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/opel-vectra-saturn-aura-future.html

Another( from China) might be this, for Chrysler?
Dodge Hornet:
http://www.leftlanenews.com/report-chery-to-build-dodge-hornet-chrysler.html

What's your wish list car from overseas?I am sure there are others I missed.
take care/not offense.

PS: If Ford brought this Mondeo here, and it lived up to this review, I bet they would have a lot of conquest buyers, possibly including me!
Tagged:

Comments

• bigo08bigo08 Member Posts: 102
    Ford Mondeo
    C1 Focus (Convt)
    Cadillac BLS
  • whobodymwhobodym Member Posts: 190
    I guess you mean, GM / Ford / DC, but I want to cheat since "big 3" doesn't mean quite what it used to. I want an Acura TSX CTD-i station wagon. Outside North America, this vehicle is labeled a Honda Accord and is readily available. Honda has already announced that their diesel engine technology will be ready for US 50-state emissions compliance within a year or two.

Another idea I would love -- a Mazdaspeed5 (I already own a regular 5, and am totally OK with how it looks, it just isn't fast enough or fancy enough). ((I know this is an oddball minority point of view)) This is kind of not cheating on your question, since Mazda is kind of Ford.
  • john_324john_324 Member Posts: 974
    From the Asian neighborhood at least: the Ford Falcon from Australia.

RWD, muscluar yet modern styling...an import Americans could really appreciate. Still think the Ute version would be a surprise hit.
  • anythngbutgmanythngbutgm Member Posts: 4,277
    Alfa 156
    BMW 320i
    Toyota Avensis cdi

And another 2 thumbs up on the Mondeo!
  • british_roverbritish_rover Member Posts: 8,502
    Mondeo for sure but after that I would have to think about it.
  • jchan2jchan2 Member Posts: 4,956
    The C1 Focus Cabriolet
    The Mondeo

And I'll have to get back to you on car number 3...
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Renault Espace.
  • harrycheztharrychezt Member Posts: 405
    having to maybe renegotiate their contracts, due to Chrysler being sold recently( see sites such as detnews.com, etc..), I would say, if GM would give us 170HP, or the 200 turbo, or even 240HP turbo for the 3 door Saturn Astra( vs the 140HP...which I heard is 9.5 to 60 with manual shift, and 10.5 or so with automatic?...could change, if GM reworks the gearing alittle? I dunno. Hope the rumors are wrong)...
    But With More Sportiness/HP!
    http://www.autozine.org/html/Opel/Astra.html

This link sounds like the 200HP turbo is 7.4 seconds with manual( so, maybe 8.4-8.7 with automatic? Not too far off of Scion tC automatic timing of 8.2-8.4 to 60).
    I could live with those times( but MPG, maybe upper 20's?).
    Hmmmm!
    Still.... Low to Mid 8's, decent styling...even the 170HP might add some time... maybe low 9's to 60, with automatic,and perhaps not be such a hit on MPG? And not such a huge hit on MSRP, either).

I have heard rumors of a "future" boost in HP for the Saturn Opels, hopefully by the time I am ready to buy!
    Maybe a diesel would be good, too? Sounds like they use a 1.9 Diesel, 150HP!
    That might be a good middle-ground? Good power and (more than likely) better MPG than the gasoline versions.
    take care/not offense.
  • harrycheztharrychezt Member Posts: 405
    http://www.caranddriver.com/carnews/12767/upfront-news-2008-saturn-astra.html
    Since I drive automatic....and this time is for the manual shifter(?)...Looks like 10+ to 11 seconds to 60 :confuse:
    As I had said in an earlier post, here's hoping they bring out larger engines for the Astras, soon.

take care/not offense.
  • rockyleerockylee Member Posts: 14,014
    #1 Chinese Buick Royaum- Made here in the U.S.

#2 Chinese Buick Riveria- Made here in the U.S.

That's it for now !!! :)

-Rocky
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,704
    car is the new Chinese(yep, I typed Chinese)Chery-built Dodge Hornet. Coming to America in 2009.

After looking at the new Kia Cee'd I would like a for-European market Kia Cee'd with a 5-speed manual tranny and 1.6L diesel engine. Kia is giving Europe the diesel engine'd Cee'd's. That is an awesome car that I am going to be watching very closely for years.

These two are my fave's for now as I drive my '08 Lancer GTS and also seeing what hot Mitsu is going to come up with next for the Lancer and Outlander and a new crossover model.

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick

• bumpybumpy Member Posts: 4,425
    The Royaum isn't made anymore. The WM Statesman-based Chinese Buick is the Park Avenue.
    Boy bumpy, that's a beautiful car. I know lemko, loves it.
    Do you think we will see it here ???? It's RWD right ?

-Rocky
  • bumpybumpy Member Posts: 4,425
    Yes, it's RWD. I would imagine it will eventually show up here, built alongside the replacement for the DTS and STS since the Lucerne doesn't do nearly enough volume to sustain a platform by itself and the Lacrosse isn't a suitable flagship.
    Hope you are right !!!! ;)

-Rocky
This discussion has been closed.