Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevrolet Aveo Engine Problems

Comments

• tsteckotstecko Member Posts: 3
    Hi there,

I own a 09 aveo 5, 5spd, and I am trying to do an oil change. I lifted the car on the ramps, and the rain plug is this huge torx fitting, i have no idea what fitting it it.

And the oil filter is near the exhaust manifold on the right, and to my surprise it is a replacable cartridge, not a spin on regular 3387 filter which I assumed it was and bought.

Has anybody done an oil change on an 09 aveo, and had success locating the part number for that filter. Looks like the cap requires a special tool, or very large socket to remove or release it.
  • c118fec118fe Member Posts: 23
    I switched to synthetic and changed the filter at 5000-exceptable color.Changed oil and filter at 10000 and oil color was beyond black.Now change both at 7500.Color and fingertip quality ok.
  • 08Aveo08Aveo Member Posts: 3
    I have the same car. If you ever find out the part number and/or where to get the filter it would be great. I took my car in to the dealer for the first oil change and asked the parts guy where to get one and his reply was "The dealership is the only place I know of that has these and I don't know when any outside parts store will have the replacement filter." So, I'm gathering that the dealership is where I get the oil change until I can find the filter on my own.

BTW, the filter they put in has the part #93185674 with the description FILTER 1.836
    The Auto Zone I went to confirmed they don't know the filter either.
  • Helen715Helen715 Member Posts: 1
    The statement you made "Companies like Consumer Reports have done a dis-service when it comes to cars because of the way that they accumulate information. Are you aware that their statistics are based only on payed subscribers who answer their surveys." is absolutely TRUE.
    I am a CR subscriber and annually receive a survey re our Ford SUV - and I am NOT a driver. I can only respond based on my limited knowledge and usually respond based on my spouse's experience. No I am no expert on cars, and don't like this survey driven rating since it does not accurately reflect the issues most car owners have. I respond because i try to be as honest as I can hoping to offset the person with a beef. Try to purchase anything using your own common sense and information from people -esp mechanics- who you trust, not companies.
  • bayoubilly74bayoubilly74 Member Posts: 10
    Thanks for responding. I am a little scared after reading what happened with your aveo. Mine is still doing the thing with the lights on the dash, but so far, no actual issues with the engine or anything. I'm just waiting for it to happen though. How long did it take yours after you bought it to start having the issues with the lights? How long after that did the car start to fail? thanks, kt
  • alsehendoalsehendo Member Posts: 4
    Yes it has Dexicool 100,000 miles
    Don't mix regular stuff with it.
  • alsehendoalsehendo Member Posts: 4
    Fram filters SUCK worse than about anything else.
    Get a KN it has a 1 inch wrench appendage on the top that is easy to tighten with an open end wrench or big crescent wrench from above on an Aveo.

I run synthetic Mobile 1 works fine.
    Starts much easier in the cold and gets 1-2 mpg better.
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,146
    >GM has had some issues with Dexicool. It seems that some 3.4, 3.8, 4.3 L engines had some gaskets that couldn't handle the formula leading to manifold gasket leaks and recalls.

The early formula of DexCool had an oxidation inhibitor that didn't work well. To the best I can tell that was replaced with a different chemical after nylon-66 gasket problems became apparent. I would guess that was about 98-99.

IF you have DexCool, do not add any standard old short life green antifreeze to it. That will lead to a gooey mixture. Check radiator occasionally to be sure it is full. DexCool doesn't like being run hot with air present as in a low radiator. Your reservoir tank may be full but the radiator may be low if you have a seep or leak.

There is a newer Prestone Mixes with All Colors and types of Coolant that mixes with it. Some people have used that when draining and refilling their DexCool instead of DexCool. If you look at the bottle which now lists chemicals, DexCool and the Mixes Any Color have the same 4 long life chemicals that are meant to protect coolant systems with various metals present.

Long life DexCool should be replaced every 2-3 years just like regular antifreeze. I would consider a drain where you use the radiator drain or remove a lower hose effective enough.. I rinse mine refilling with plain water a couple of cycles and run the motor to circulate several minutes then drain. I refill with enough pure antifreeze to give protection to the level needed for the volume of the cooling system (listed in owners glovebox manual).

Another hint for some is to clean off the underside of the radiator cap. There's a little disc that goes up to seal the underside when pressure builds up. With DexCool mine had collected goop so I used some Dawn and cleaned it up for a good seal.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,146
    I have an old antifreeze tester that has the glass tube with a floating indicator in it. The indicator has green bands with temperatures on it and immediately below has white bands with temperatures. If I recall correctly one of those was for hot antifreeze and one was for cool antifreeze.

Does anyone know how those are to be read?

How accurate are the floating ball types that are the size of a large medicine dropper with 5 little balls. Are those accurate HOT or COLD?

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• JeterloskyJeterlosky Member Posts: 1
    My boyfriends 2004 Chevy Aveo at 69,000 miles will not start. It did this about 6 months ago and it turned out it was the timing belt, which bent a valve I think. Eventually this cost around $700 because my brother worked on it for him. Now the car won't start again, the valves are moving, so it's not the same problem. There's spark going to the coil pack. Any suggestions?
  • mtippit00mtippit00 Member Posts: 1
    I have an 04 Chevy Aveo hatchback with 76000 miles on it, I ended up leaking oil on my way home for visiting my family 450 miles away, When I stopped on the way to get my oil changed they drained my car and while it had no oil I asked them to check the dipstick, and it said I was full on oil. When I took it in to the dealer and had them check out why I was spitting white smoke from my car they told my the pistions, pistion rings, bearings, head gasket, and all seals were bad. I called Chevy to find out about them replacing my engine since that is what has been happening to the car involved in the lawsuit with Toyota, They tried to tell me it was normal ware and tear, I would not except that, I told them that if it was "normal ware and tear", then I would never by a chevy again, and that there are Fords and Dodges still on the roads with org. engines with over 150000 miles on them, and the only differance is where they are made. They are now looking further into it and will be replacing my engine. If you have an issue with your aveo, call chevy and don't take no for an answer.
  • poncho167poncho167 Member Posts: 1,178
    It's unfortunate what happened to your car and there are Aveo's on this forum with over 150,000 miles also. Your warranty is expired so don't expect any help in this matter as with any other manufacture whose warranty is up.

Not all Toyota's or Ford's make it to 150,000. It depends alot on different variables including maintenance.
  • conda2conda2 Member Posts: 2
    I bought a 2008 Aveo and is having problems with it too. One thing is the spedomter being out which I could adapt my driving too. Another is having the service light come on every time its cold out side.The last thing is having the tires not availible at a tire shop,but they have have some at dealer ship.I phoned Chev and complained about some of the problems so they looked in to it.They phoned me back and said the spdometer is out we know but it is within GM specifications.As for the engine light coming on your dealer ship has no records of it. And the tire size your dealer ship can get you some.Im ticked of that my dealer ship made me and the wife sit in the waiting room while they looked at the Engine code and comes back too us and tells us oh dont worry about it.They do that when its cold outside.Then they tell GM they never had my car in there for the light.They are pi$$in me off GRRRR.
    What do you mean by the speedometer is out?

Most cars and motorcycles speedo's are not accurate and are off 2-5 mph.
  • pwinter16pwinter16 Member Posts: 1
    My fiancee has a 2004 Aveo it has a rough idle and is showing three codes, P1781, P1701, and a P0700, the scanner shows severity unknown, I've had it in to be looked at and the shop that looked at it, said it was the vacuum hoses, so they took them off and cleaned and inspected them, and didn't find anything, when they put it back together it was running better, they said to replace the Idle air control valve, but that they couldn't get one in for it for 2 months, I just put it in over the weekend, and it didn't seem to make a difference, they also suggested the MAP sensor, which I can get from rockauto.com. I had an engine scan run on it by the chevy dealership, and they said it was clear, but the codes won't clear off of it, the car has 69,xxx miles on it, and this has been going on for 3 months, fortunately my grandfather is no longer able to drive and we borrowed his car for this whole time. Any help is appreciated, also one of the codes is shared with the transmission, and is not allowing the car to shift into 4th gear.
  • burtonhwolfeburtonhwolfe Member Posts: 9
    In a message dated August 6, 2008, I mistakenly blamed my Aveo for engine stalling. The problem was not the car, but rather my ignorance of what can happen if you allow a key to dangle in the ignition switch from a key case or key chain. The motion of its swinging will cut off the engine. That results from an overly sensitive ignition switch. You have to use an unsupported key or in any event a key that is not dangling in such a way as to let it swing - at least for the 2007 Aveo hatchback, which I bought new early in 2008. Maybe that does not happen with models from other years.
    Burton Wolfe
  • conda2conda2 Member Posts: 2
    For me too do 100 km's i have too go at least 110 km.I took my car in told them about the check engine light again there response too me is " Is your car running any different" I told them no they said "Well dont worry about the light then``. Just fed up with car
  • rgraefergraefe Member Posts: 1
    my wife and i drive 80 miles a day for work. so we needed a fuel efficent car. that's why we bought a 06 chevy aveo. it ran fine when we got it. now when we accelerate to go up a hill which there is alot of hills on the way to work and also when we go to pass someone, it missess and pings badly. it acts like it's going to puke out. once you get over the hill or get past the other car it runs fine. would fuel octane cause this my wife thinks i need to change the spark plugs. so i bought them to please her. but i'm not sure were there at to replace them. i've replace many of plugs in my life but only in older cars. can i replace them myself? is there a service manual that i can download for free
    It sounds like its fuel related. Have you tried different gas or changed the gas filter?
  • anupjanupj Member Posts: 1
    I have 2006 Chevy Aveo LS sedan (base model with ABS & premium sound)- bought in June 2006 as new. I live in Minnesota where it is very cold. It has about 27,500 miles on it.
    Till now there has not been any problem with it. Drive 20 miles one way to work.
    I do notice that in winters when the car starts, it roars a bit but then cools down :) ....I guess thats normal for the cold weather starts.
    All the time I took it to the mechanic was for oil change and regular maintenance.

I will post any issues I find here....but none so far.
  • mechjo16mechjo16 Member Posts: 3
    Have a 2005 aveo with a starting problem. YOu can hear the starter spinning but it is like the relay in not engaging to the flywheel to start the engine. Any suggestions.
  • ctribblectribble Member Posts: 1
    today i started my car it made a squeling noise put in first gear and drove off a couple of block it died. we changed the sertine belt but now it want start .
  • rjewelrjewel Member Posts: 6
    Sounds like mine after the serpentine belt and timing belt were both changed. Ask them to check the timing belt. Chevy advised to check/change the timing belt at 60K.

I pesonally miss my Aveo...drove it 5 years with no problems except for replacing fuses. Now, if it ever comes back from the shop...I'll be happy to drive it again.
    I would seek another dealer. If the car is under warranty there is no reason a service department would refuse service when they get reimbursed for their time by the factory. A lot of dealers will try and service vehicles for things that don't need service just to make money.
  • timnemeth12timnemeth12 Member Posts: 2
    does anyone kno where i can get a engine rebuilt kit that wont cost me a arm and a leg because the headgasket blew and gm said thT IT WAS NORMAL WEAR AND TEAR and it ended up doing internal damage so if anyone comes across anything please let me know
    I take it that your warranty ran out?
  • roystonroyston Member Posts: 1
    i have a 04 Aveo sedan, need to do a flush and fill. i was told i need special fluid, am i being jerked around?
  • kevin_gurlkevin_gurl Member Posts: 1
    I am having problem with my 2005 aveo main fuse box burning. You be driving down the rd and smell wire burning so i replace one and now it doing it again. Is anyone else having this problems. I speed light and gear stick lite dont work cause it burn.
    You are being jerked around. Your model probably came with the Dexcool orange 5-year anti-freeze. Now that would be special but it is not necessary.
  • stephenwarnerstephenwarner Member Posts: 1
    i have an 04 aveo that started doing the same thing today. it was in drive in the driveway and just quit. i checked the timing belt and its fine. when you try to start it back the starter spins but something isnt engaging the crank. i cant figure it out. let me know what it turns out to be on yours. my serpentine belt turns when you engage the started but the crank doesnt turn over.
  • mechjo16mechjo16 Member Posts: 3
    Mine ended up being the timing belt. If your timing belt is fine it might be the ECU.
    Good Luck.
  • ecotec2009ecotec2009 Member Posts: 17
    *IMPORTANT FOR THOSE CHANGING 2009 AVEO OIL themselves*

1) the oil drain plug is on the bottom of the oil pan on the passenger side, it is directly on the bottom and not on the side of the motor or in the back of the motor. It is mounted flush with the bottom of the oil pan.

2) The oil drain plug is not a normal socket or wrench lug nut! The oil drain plug will have to be taken off with a TORX T45 socket fitting. Can find one in Lowes or Sears for $1.99 each or less. Then put in the end of normal 3/8 inch socket ratchet(where we would normally put the socket in place on the ratchet). There might be a yellow marked line on the TORX T45 fitting and Aveo engine pan that line up. Only thing I can figure is that someone convinced someone in GM that this would save $$$ for them to build this way or engineer it this way or it is another way to get lots of service calls at dealership on backend after selling the car for expensive service or maybe they thought that by using this Euro Asia style fitting oil plug it would keep from getting raked off the bottom of engine oil pan is someone hit the bottom of car hard while driving it. Personally I think it is to push us all to the the dealer to give us a $50-$75 dollar oil and oil filter change. Engine holds 4.75 quarts of oil with a filter.

3) MORE IMPORTANT INFORMATION! OIL FILTER! Part number 93185674
    You all will love this one, once again a Euro Asia Style or Mercedes BMW style oil filter. How about a $20-$25 oil filter on a $10-$15K car????? Makes a lot of sense! NOT! If any of you by now have noticed, the oil filter is tucked down along the engine on the front right hand side of engine as you are facing it looking down from outside the front grill with hood up. It is inside a hard black plastic covering with a nut fitting on top you can take off with a large socket if you have one or will have to go buy. Wrench or pliers or regular oil filter wrench will not fit or work. Gets better, the black hard plastic covering only holds inside of it, a paper filter, yes that is right a paper filter that the dealer or most auto parts stores charge $10.50(NAPA) to $25(ACDELCO) at dealer! Even Autozone was $22. The oil filter part number is PF2257G for ACDELCO, NAPA is 7674 and WIX is 57674. Was not able to find this filter in FRAM or SUPERTECH yet. I had to order this online and delivered to me for $8.50 a filter buying 10 at a time from www.rockauto.com using WIX and ACDELCO part numbers.

4) oh lest not ye all forget to press down on the gas pedal to the floor and off 3 times in a row really fast with key in on position so that you reset the "change engine oil light"
  • 08Aveo08Aveo Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the info ecotec2009, that's a lot of good info.

Did you have to buy both the WIX and ACDELCO? or is it one or the other? I've changed oil filters but am not familiar with the paper type and am thinking they are two different parts.
    I just picked up the AC delco oil filter here at my local auto retailer, British Columbia. #PF 2257G

Cost 15bucks and change and comes with a rubber Gasket. Box says that its made in Germany? Strange. I'll do the oil change when the weather is nice and I'll try to post some pics of the process.
  • laserbluelaserblue Member Posts: 313
    So you live in B.C.
    Did you drive your Aveo in the Rockies? If so, how was it? Did the 1.6 L. performed well in those steep mountains?
    I'm asking all those question because I'm from Ontario and my daughter is planning to move in Esquimalt (on the Navy Base) and we're suppose to drive there in september.
    My wife and I are planning to buy a Aveo 5 and do the trip, I figure it will take us 5 days to get there it's about 5,000 kms. if I drive 1,000 kms per day.
    Really would appreciate a response.
  • cpaigecpaige Member Posts: 1
    Took us 5 days to travel from Point Pelee National Park with a tent trailer, 3 kids, a wife and my Honda van. Recommend you go by the northern states to BC. Its cheaper! It has less hills.I find it interesting that you will be driving the aveo that far.

I just bought an aveo for my wife this spring and just tried to do a oil change. The walmart here in Surrey didn't even have a oil filter for the 2009. He gave me an 2008 one. and said if its not the same bring it back. I was surprised that they have a paper filter. Back to Walmart tomorrow.Whats the feed back on them? I guess my oil change will wait.I'll see what the local GM dealer has to offer for a price on a oil filter. I found I can get the oil filter top off with my oil wrench but it took a while. I was in the process of showing my boy how to do a oil change. Not on this car any more. He'll have to wait till I change my 78 Cougar's oil. Easy to change and to work on. They don't make em like they used to, granted at 12 miles to gal. Its costly!
    Hi all.

Great success.... oil change complete yesterday. It took a while to gather the tools for it, but here is what I needed to buy.

1) Oil filter with gasket, AC delco PF2257G
    2) Torx set, need the T45 as noted above
    3) 1" socket
    4) 1/2 drive ratchet with 10" extension and a univeral 1/2 swivel joint.
    5) Oil
    6) Oil pan/bucket
    7) Funnel

As in the previous thread, the oil change process is not so bad.
    Drive up on the ramps, and if the oil pan is clean, then the torx fitting is clearly visable. Mine too had a yellow paint marker line on it.

The location is offset to the right, kind of in the center of the driver and passanger parallel to the ground.

Crack it with a 3/8 drive rachet and T45 socket counterclockwise. You will begin to see brown oil. This is good, if you see purple or red then tighten it back up.

Unscrew it by hand and the oil with shoot right out into the oil pan/bucket. Make sure the engine is somewhat cool. My oil was more then comfortably warm and got a little burn on my palm.

Let the oil drain for a good 10-15min, then get at the oil filter.

This little guy is somewhat easy to get too if you have the right tools.
    It is to the right of the exhaust manifold near the bottom right of the engine bay.

Mine was on real tight, but I managed to get it loose. The second I loosened it, more oil began to shoot out into my pan.

I let it sit like that for another 5 minutes before I unscrewed the oil filter from the housing.

The filter itself sits inside the black cap, and you remove the unit all as 1 piece.

From there, just pull on the filter (away from the cap) and it just un-clips itself from the filter cap.

The rubber gasket is on the black cap itself right at the bottom of the threads. Pop it off with a flat head screwdriver, and simply put the new gasket back on. There is a wide notch that you can clearly see where the gasket needs to be put back on.

Grab the new oil filter, and slide the new filter into the cap. It will click in and will spin freely.

From there, the oil should be all empty go ahead and screw the drain plug back on by hand, not to cross thread. Then torque it about 1/4 turn so it is reasonably tight.

Re-install the oil filter. Hand tighten it until you cannot go anymore. Then grab the 1" socket and extension and start tightening the filter cap. It takes a few turns to get it tight, and make sure it is not super tight, but tight enough that it cannot turn any more without adding more torque.

Now, just add the oil.

I have always used castrol full synthetic, so I put in about 4.6L worth of 5W30 Castrol Horsepower full synthetic oil.

I had it at the recommended 4.5L, but after lowering the car off the ramps, and running the motor for 5min and again let it sit for 2hrs, the oil level was 3/4 full. So I added a bit more oil to it.

The jugs that I have seen are 4.4L, the engine requires 4.5L. Hassle I think. You will need to buy an extra liter (Canada) to top it off.
  • waxman555waxman555 Member Posts: 1
    I think it is funny that so many people find the cartridge oil filter, and Torx fitting so strange. It is important to remember that this entire car is a GM/Daewoo design. And was built in Korea. These traits we all find so crazy are what "World Class" cars have. Not that my Aveo is world class, :] but most manufactures have embraced the global economy. GM knows it cannot ship Aveos into Europe or Asia with spin on filters and regular old drain plugs. The car will be a hard sell to begin with in those markets. That is why they badged it as a Chevy or a Pontiac. For the brand recognition. They are trying to incorporate the traits that non-North American car companies have adopted. Some call it "Going with the flow" or "Smart marketing". I call it "Just trying to stay alive". Anyhow, the 1.6l Ecotec is a proven platform for Daewoo, and is quite honestly a pretty good engine.

If anybody has looked under the hood of the $55k Caddy's of today, you will find the same cartridge oil filter in the 3.6L DI engines. And all the L-850, LNF, and LSJ Ecotecs also use it. Just my 2 cents worth. Thanks all for listening.
  • murrayj1810murrayj1810 Member Posts: 2
    Here's the list of compatible filters for the 2009 Pont G3 / Chev Aveo, 2009 Suzuki Swift 2008 Saturn Astra 1.8L:
    ACDELCO PF2257G
    NAPA 7674
    WIX 57674
    Purolator L15839
    CHAMP P981
    PARTS PLUS P981
    PREMIUM GUARD PG5839
    PRONTO PO5839
    Car Quest 84674
    Pentius PCBT016
    TVI Oil Filters TVI V5839 (at Globe Motorists Supply 560 South ThirdAvenue Mount Vernon, NY, 888-884-7278)
  • snootersnooter Member Posts: 1
    Seems like everyone has fun with this one. I called several places to get an oil change. I took it to Wal-Mart waited over an hour and they finally told me that they didn't have the filter or the tool to remove the oil plug. I left my car sitting at home for a week until I read the information on this website. Now I can get the right socket and change my oil. And it will cost me less than it would to take it to the shop. THANKS.
  • murrayj1810murrayj1810 Member Posts: 2
    Looks like I missed a couple filters

Service Champ WP981
    Valvoline V098
    Mighty M-981

I believe that most of these filters for the Aveo/ G3 are actuall made by Champion, Purolator or Wix - note the similarity in number
  • fedupwithaveofedupwithaveo Member Posts: 1
    I have got the exact problem with my 2009. Runs terribly. Cant pass a car or slow up on ramps. Misses and chugs. The Transmition HOLD light will come on and blink then stuck in 3rd gear.......real nice chevy !

GM Launches "May The Best Car Win" Campaign With A 60-Day Money Back Guarantee :sick:

RETURN IT A.S.A.P.
  • texasjacktexasjack Member Posts: 4
    Re: Nissan engine, several years ago Nissan went bankrupt and the only folks that would take them was Renault of France. You can see the French influence in the design of some of their vans, that is why they are soo UGLY.

When you buy a Nissan you are buying a Frog car.

Most nissan dealers do not like to admit this.

Texasjack
  • av5av5 Member Posts: 1
    New 2009 Aveo5, engine speeds up when depressing clutch after taking foot off of gas when shifting, when accelerating moderately to hard, like the car has a turbocharger, which it doesn't. Anyone else have this happen. Shifts fine under light acceleration.
  • coinslotscoinslots Member Posts: 4
    2004 Aveo, I replaced the plugs, valve cover and tube gaskets, new plug wires, new air cleaner and the engine runs great, but dies at idle. WHY? Could this be a bad Idle air speed controller valve? Would the car run great and just die at idle like this if the control valve was bad?

On the cam cover where the PVC? valve and hose screws on to the cam cover, just next to this PVC fitting screw fitting is what looks like a fitting for a very small vacuum hose, but there is no hose around that is missing, so maybe this is just a vent? Anyone know?

One last question, what is a good cheep code scanner for this car and where can I buy one? and a manual for the codes?

Thank You
    coinslots.com :confuse: :sick: :)
    2004 Aveo, I replaced the plugs, valve cover and tube gaskets, new plug wires, new air cleaner and the engine runs great, but dies at idle. WHY? Could this be a bad Idle air speed controller valve? Would the car run great and just die at idle like this if the control valve was bad?

On the cam cover where the PVC? valve and hose screws on to the cam cover, just next to this PVC fitting screw fitting is what looks like a fitting for a very small vacuum hose, but there is no hose around that is missing, so maybe this is just a vent? Anyone know?

One last question, what is a good cheep code scanner for this car and where can I buy one? and a manual for the codes?

Thank You
    coinslots.com :cry: :mad: :sick: :)
  • ron1970ron1970 Member Posts: 26
    Go to to Auto Zone. They will scan it for free and tell you what the codes mean. I have done this twice.

Ron
    LAST UPDATE: It's fixed, it was the idle air controler valve. Runs Great!
    Thanks
  • jtscheujtscheu Member Posts: 2
    to Timnemeth12 we have a 2008 chev aveo Lt sedan that had the same problem at about 18000 miles ! the dealer here in town pulled the spark plugs and said they couldn't find any reason why the anti-freeze kept going down. They said that we would have to drive it until it got worse, so we did and the oil got all sludged up like that it was black and shiney. Not milky! we called the dealer we bought it from and they said to bring it down 150 miles away , so we did and they gave us a brand new chevy traverse to drive . They said that they probably would be calling us by the time we got home, but didn't for three days ,so i called them they said the engine was shot ! Some defective plug in the head, they said they couldn't even rebuild it ! they ordered a brand new one that came all the way from korea it took 30 days exactly! it was all covered by waranty even the rental car! Hope this helps , its a factory flaw!
  • jtscheujtscheu Member Posts: 2
    just some information on chev aveo's My wife bought a 2008 aveo sedan Lt totally loaded black pearl with tan leather only one we've ever seen! but we noticed every now and then it got scirmmy that problem is the rear wheels lean in to far and the corners of the tires follow any grooves in the rad i added a shim kit to the rear wheels and its gone! we have had the left front wheel bearing replaced, leftt rear bearing replaced,because of a howling sound rotors turned twice because of shaking when you stopped still there! The leather seat covers cracked in front and back they replaced the front only ! The engine had a flaw that ruined the engine , they replaced with new ! now an engine service light comes on and won't shift until it gets warmed up! and now the airbag light came on in the instument cluster and won't go off ! It'sa very cute car but all the problems make us want to trade it offfor something else i wouldn't recomend one!