Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevrolet Camaro Wheels and Tires

ahchewyyahchewyy Member Posts: 1
Hey,
I got a 1999 Camaro and one of the rims is messed up. I've looked all over and cannot find a good price on a steel rim :( . I wish I could afford the Alum rims but I only need one so I can get it back on the road....Any ideas out there..??? :confuse:
Michael

Comments

• okko1okko1 Member Posts: 327
    if it is a custom wheel your gonna have to match you don't have much choice. but if any wheel will do go to the junkyard and pull a wheel off a S10.
  • 93csixpk93csixpk Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone have pic of the 93 camaro driver side rear wheel housing mine fell off and I need to see how fits and where to get another one.
    I did not get one response for Camaro Tech forum or Camaro Forum.
    Hope maybe someone in this forum could help or at least answer me.
    The red book service manual for this 93 car doesn't have one picture of it.
  • okko1okko1 Member Posts: 327
    are you talking about the drum and brakes or did it have disc brakes. when you say wheel housing i am not sure what your trying to say look at the other side and describe what is or isn't missing
  • ls14eversls14evers Member Posts: 8
    in san jose calif there's a company called gm salvage. just for camaros
  • ginap2011ginap2011 Member Posts: 1
    I was wondering if anyone out there has been having an issue with their 2011 camaros? When I make a turn, slow or fast, engine on or off the back end makes a noise. It is the same noise as if the power steering fluid was out. But that has been checked. I took it to the dealer and they said it sounded like the rear differential...they did not have an answer for it or do anything to fix it. My concern is, that if it IS the rear differential, could my tires be wearing faster than they should, in addition to causing later problems. The car has 2,000 miles on it...much to soon to have problems...Anyone out there have the same issue?
  • garyandersgaryanders Member Posts: 39
    I have had my 2011 2ss/rs for a little over a year now with no problems with 2200 miles on it. I would take it back to the dealer since you are under warranty. Gary
  • 05avforum05avforum Member Posts: 25
    These rims come with a plastic trim around the wheel that looks terrible. Does anyone know if it looks better to take them off, and if so, how is this done. Alternatively, painting them black would be an improvement. Does anyone know the best way to do this? Thanks,
  • roll_tide_geekroll_tide_geek Member Posts: 1
    You can just pull the plastic peice off easily
  • zack59zack59 Member Posts: 1
    I am having the same problem with the back end making a noise. It happens when I back up, or turn left or right.
    Before I bring it to the dealer, what did they do to fix yours?