Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Sequoia 2008

mcbrddsmcbrdds Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Toyota
Does anyone know if the new version will have stowaway rear seats like several other manufacturers?

Comments

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Not a lot of info available on this yet, but what we have is here:
    2008 Toyota Sequoia

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• henryjcolahenryjcola Member Posts: 5
    Say on the spy Photos. The very first Photo of the Sequoia sort of looks like if it had the same kind of leather seats as the Ford F-150 KingRanch. I saw it Kind of Orangey brown Color. So dont you think That it might have more options :shades: on this all new 08' no wait isnt it a 09'? :confuse:
  • drfilldrfill Member Posts: 2,484
    That is available on the Tundra. ;)

DrFill
    So when is it supposed to come out?
    Or around the 1st of the year.

August brings a new Highlander, followed in 3 months by probably the Sequioa, and then in January the other Ute comes out.

Toyota like to release just before the Super Bowl.

I haven't checked when the Lexus LX570 comes out, but I think it is towards the end of the year, not the fall.

DrFill
    which one comes out in january? Ute??
    Land Cruiser will end the year. Sequioa in the fall.

Hope you like the Tundra's interior. ;)

DrFill
    Well i do LOVE the tundra. I just wish that there were more info and photos of the toyota :/. Do you think the price might change? My 04 Seqouia has problem and supposably I HAD to get a new one. But the dealer haddent yet and they only fix it thats it and the same electric problem problem hppens every few months and they say its a battery short circute or some thing. So im just waiting on the new sequoia. Cuz realy i had the same problem 6 times in the first three years i had the car. I bought it brand new too Either its the car or the make.
    Well i do LOVE the tundra and its interior. But I just wish that there were more info and photos of the toyota :/. Do you think the price might change? My 04 Seqouia has problem and supposably I HAD to get a new one. But the dealer haddent yet and they only fix it thats it and the same electric problem problem hppens every few months and they say its a battery short circute or some thing. So im just waiting on the new sequoia. Cuz realy i had the same problem 6 times in the first three years i had the car. I bought it brand new too Either its the car or the make.
  • mackabeemackabee Member Posts: 4,709
    Did you two go to the same school?
    :blush:
    Mackabee
  • dc661dc661 Member Posts: 71
    image from Autoweek.com
  • paisanpaisan Member Posts: 21,181
    Anyone know the towing capacity on them yet?

-mike
  • dc661dc661 Member Posts: 71
    with tow package, up to 10,000 lbs.
  • canddmeyercanddmeyer Member Posts: 410
    My only disappointment is that the electrochromatic rear-view mirror is not standard on SR5 models. Otherwise, I expect to own one of these come 2009.
    10k is impressive, that would put it 500lbs over the highest towing ability in the SUV market right now which is the 2500 series Suburban at 9500. The Armada is right behind that at 9100.

-mike
    Shouldn't be a problem to install at the dealership or the port. Probably a $249 option.
    Mackabee
  • mommytruckmommytruck Member Posts: 10
    We currently own a 2004 and I have absolutely loved it, it has 58,000 miles and runs like new. We are looking to get the new one but the dealership keeps telling us that it will only have 7 seats, that will fit us but we will not be able to bring anyone else with us. I would like to know if we could get the Platinum package and have 8 seats. Also does it come with BlueTooth?
    If you want the Platinum it only comes with seating for seven. The Limited comes with the 8 seating capacity and also bluetooth. Here's a link to a pdf file that tells you the standard features on the SR5, Limited, and Platinum. Any questions please ask.
    Mackabee :shades:

link title
  • mommytruckmommytruck Member Posts: 10
    Thanks for the link, this is very helpful. Will there be a possibility of getting any of the Platinum options on a Limited?
    MommyTruck
    MommyTruck, here's another link for you. link title The auto dimming electrochromic mirror looks like it will be standard on all trim levels. Some of the Platinum options will be available on the Limited. The ones listed on the link are not all inclusive. There will be more such as the nav system.
    :shades:
    Mackabee
    Toyota motor sales USA has just announced pricing for the all new 2008 Toyota Sequoia.
    link title
  • trebor129trebor129 Member Posts: 176
    Yes you can get most of the Platinum options on a Limited. Except for the power moving steering wheel, AC front seats, heated second row, electronic suspension. Also according to the specs, the Limited is not available with memory seats, but I find that extremely hard to believe and assume it is a typo. I forget if the laser cruise control can be had on a Limited. You can get the 20 inch wheels on a Limited. Also according to the specs on the Platinum I just bought, it has 8 passenger seating. I also believe this to be a type and assume it will really come with 7 passenger seating. I have decided that either way is ok with me as it is unclear which is better for me.
  • ksalnoksalno Member Posts: 1
    From the press release I know the overall length is 205" but I'm also interested in the wheelbase dimension. Has anyone seen a spec on this? I will be using this for a lot of towing, so I want as long a wheelbase as possible.

I'm trying to compare it to the new LX 570, which has the same engine and transmission but is only rated for 8500 lbs towing, which is borderline for my trailer.
  • trebor129trebor129 Member Posts: 176
    I believe the tow system is integral to the frame on the Sequoia. Perhaps it is not on the LX570.
    The 570 IIRC is not based off the same frame and chassis. The 570 may also be heavier to begin with so that may take away some towing capacity as well.

-mike
This discussion has been closed.