Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Altima Hybrid Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• emgremgr Member Posts: 109
    The story could well be true. I pick up and drive cars that are swapped or sold dealer to dealer and that does often happen at the last minute that a salesman will have sold the car that is supposed to be swapped. the reason is that no checks had changed hands yet. Not until the car is delivered to the dealer. However, the original dealer who owns the car can cancel up to the minute it is on the road to be delivered. If the car is on the dealers lot, even if it is sold but not picked up, salesman are allowed to use it as a demonstrator. It doesn't devalue the car.

While I also don't believe most salesman talk, this one could be right as I have experienced it several times. Just happens.
  • langjielangjie Member Posts: 250
    Let's just put it this way, it's the dealers job to sell you the car before you leave. That is a possible way or not letting you leave.

Regardless though, you can surely get the same deal at any other Nissan Dealership, trust me. They just need to have the car you want. The only thing I expect from a dealership is to give me a price. Everything else I ask smells like a heaping load of bull.

You ought to email other dealership (via carsdirect) to see what they have to offer.

But yes, I know what you mean about trying to go up to NH to ski (snowboard for me). Hard to fit any of that stuff in, and a roof rack would lessen your MPG's
  • hiwaymanhiwayman Member Posts: 98
    I'm not going to say whether or not the salesman was scamming you, but those tactics are certainly classic pressure techniques. There are all kinds of variations on the theme, but the tactic that "The car is gone" or "see that guy over there? He wants the car too." are classic saleman 101 techniques. He was also running a bait and switch on you, trying to get you to go to a more expensive car. This is often the case at dealerships. They'll advertise a cheap car, but when you get there it's gone. Of course, they'll have similar, more expensive models available.

These techniques are not unique to Nissan. Almost any dealership you walk into will have variations on these techniques. I wouldn't boycott Nissan because of one snake of a salesman, I'd just go to another dealership. My own Nissan dealership is very much up front. They didn't play games. They sold us a NAH at a good price, and financed it at rock bottom finance rates. There was no pressure, and nothing sneaky. Another Nissan dealership we went to in our area was more similar to the experience you had. Lots of wheeling and dealing. We stood up in the middle of the scamming and walked out, and the salesman actually tried to keep me in the showroom by putting his arm around my shoulders and holding on to me. Old school salesmanship. Not a chance, buddy.
  • occkingoccking Member Posts: 346
    I guess I am welcoming myself to the club. Make a long story short, bought today NAH, convenience package, moonroof, moonroof deflector and kick plates, list approx $28,200 for $26200, which includes 5% Mass tax & dealer fees, registration, inspection sticker ($29 in MA) plus full tank of fuel (worth approx $60 today) from Mastria, Raynham, MA. Plus "free tires for life" (if I want to have the vehicle always serviced there) Shopped around quite a bit last few days & that seemed to be the best price out there. That included the $1250 rebate from Nissan, plus I will get back next year when I file taxes another $2350 tax rebate. Any comments on how I did would be much appreciated. Got "black on black"

Have read a lot of messages about real world gas mileage and I will be reporting what I receive. I put the high mileage on my Subaru Tribeca (still going great at 63,000 miles, I average just about 20 mpg for mostly highway driving) and hope to use this car (if my wife will let me) on day trips where I will be putting on 300 - 400 miles, which I do often.

From what I have read, looks like I should expect around 35 mpg overall, but, time will tell.
  • gammagirlgammagirl Member Posts: 11
    Congratulation. Sounds like you made a great deal. I had the same options ( added the heated leather in separately from the dealer) and paid a tad more. Of course, taxes here in NJ are 7%.

Question: My mileage calculator says I am getting 21MPG. I have been driving the car around for 3 days and have about 170 miles on it. Right now , the needle is Just under the 3/4 tank mark. Have you guys that bought the vehicle brand new been getting 30-35MPG on your first tank? I am hoping that once the engine is broken in, the mileage will get better. It also seems to also only go into the electric mode when I decelerate or brake.
    Question on the extended warranty... I purchased a 5 year, 100,000 mile "Classic" warranty for my Subaru Tribeca for $1000 (thought that was a great deal) but I put a lot of mileage on that vehicle (around 35,000 per year) The NAH for my wife and historically she drives around 10,000 miles per year. I will probably "borrow" the car from her for a day once in a while when I have a long day trip to go on to save a few bucks;. On a typical trip from home (near Providence, RI) to Albany NY & back around 400 miles. Tribeca gets around 20 mpg so 20 gallons premium = $65, I figure with Altima 11.5 gallons regular around $35 so I can save around $30 for that trip. Once a month I drive to Montreal, almost 800 miles round trip can save about $60 on those. I love my Tribeca and in lousy weather would still take that vehicle.

At at rate, anyone out there have any comments on extended warranty for the NAH. I was thinking maybe 7 years, 70,000 miles might be a little more realistric. Or, gamble & get nothing at all. Of course the dealer trying to sell me one of those, and I know they are very profitable to the dealer. But, certainly not going to spend $1500 or so.

Comments from anyone on this board would be greatly appreciated!
    here are my fuel purchase records. you may want to reset the meter if you haven't already. but my first tank was around 35 mpg, but that was when weather was warmer here in new england

Date Odometer Gal MPG
    04/14/07 442 11.8
    04/25/07 1075 18.1 34.9
    05/01/07 1319 7.8 31.5
    05/17/07 1968 18.0 36.0
    05/26/07 2486 14.0 37.0
    06/04/07 3111 17.7 35.4
    06/22/07 3732 16.3 38.1
    06/28/07 3972 7.0 34.2
    07/13/07 4574 17.1 35.2
    07/27/07 5053 12.9 37.2
    08/04/07 5661 16.7 36.5
    08/23/07 6356 18.5 37.6
    09/06/07 7117 18.9 40.2
    09/22/07 7461 9.9 34.7
    10/06/07 7948 13.7 35.6
    10/21/07 8554 17.2 35.3
    11/05/07 9116 16.7 33.7
    11/17/07 9496 10.8 35.1
    11/29/07 9812 10.0 31.6
    12/13/07 10323 18.2 28.1
    12/17/07 10494 5.0 34.3
    12/22/07 10738 7.9 30.8
    01/05/08 11188 14.7 30.6
    01/12/08 11578 11.4 34.2
    01/26/08 11978 13.6 29.4
    02/07/08 12401 14.0 30.2
    02/18/08 12876 16.0 29.6
    03/03/08 13397 16.8 31.0
  • mazda6dudemazda6dude Member Posts: 283
    I have been getting a consistent MPG avg. of around 35-36MPG every tank. Hope this helps.
  • gammagirlgammagirl Member Posts: 11
    Is there a "break in " period? It has been cold in the morning ( in NJ) and I notice it takes awhile until the engine is warm and then it goes into the electric mode when coasting downhill, slowing down or braking. If the engine is still cold, it will not go into the electric mode at all. Do you have to change your driving style to get that kind of mileage?

Thanks
    Monica
    yes, there's a break-in period. after awhile, the mileage seems to go up, but then you also have to change your driving style also if you want to get maximum efficiency.

i think your mileage will go up with the weather
    I just welcomed my self to the NAH club, and still coming, but I wanted to relate this experience to you all..

Had one quote, Balise in Warwick. RI 08 black on black (fabric) with convenience package & sunroof for $26440 (that incluses all dealer fees and approx $1250 MA sales tax and also includes the $1250 rebate. I knew they would lower the price by a few hundred, but went elsewhere (Mastria in Raynham, MA) and did find identical one with $200 more options (the bubble in front of the moonroof and alumimum door guards, or whatever you call those things) for $26200, so I signed.

Have not taken delivery yet now Balise calls me back after I told them I shopped elsewhere now willing to sell their vehicle for $25508, that's a reduction of almost $900!

I asked Balise why they could not have given me a better offer in the first place. I am just shocked by how much they have lowered the price. The vehicle we want is in stock and I may now cancel the second guy & go down to the first one. Plus, they are throwing in a 5 year key protection plan (value supposedly $295, maybe cost The offer of 25508 then means they are offering me the vehicle for approx $24,000, plus MA sales tax, registration fees, etc., Even adding back on the Nissan Rebate of $1250, isn't invoice for this vehicle somewhat more than $25,250?

Any comments???
    invoice price for that car is $26,195 (convenience, moonroof, floormats)
    subtract 1250 rebate and it's $24,945

25250 is still over invoice price (24,945 - WHICH IS WHAT YOU SHOULD BE PAYING!!!!!!!)

did you sign papers yet? if yes, oh well
  • townboy325townboy325 Member Posts: 37
    looks like Altima Hybrid has been going up on price... i got my last year in May for 24020 and 260xx(CA 7.75% TAX) out of the door with Cov.Pkg and floormate. no Moonroof but thats about 700 extra. thats like 9 month agos already and no REBATE offer at that time but they do has 0.7% for 36 Month. i saw people brought under what i paid all the time so if u get with the moonroof shouldn't be more than 24000 b4 tax then thats a right deal
  • ogbzaogbza Member Posts: 10
    I am beginning my car search and the Altima Hybrid is near the top of my list. I am planning to lease for a variety of reasons, one being that i cannot take advantage of the hybrid tax credit for buying.

I see several accounts of peoples deals for buying this car, but very few for leases. Can anyone share some lease numbers that they have gotten with this car. Thanks in advance.
  • redwood2redwood2 Member Posts: 19
    I'm looking now, will purchase in a week. Using online and email tactics.
    Sorry, in all of my research, haven't come across "lojack." What's that?! :confuse:

Anyone: aluminum kickplates worth it? look good?

sonoma county
    they look good, not worth the price you pay at the dealership though. you can buy online and put them on yourself.

$54 http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=MorePartInfo&PartID=4736- 20&siteid=214459&catalogid=5509

I suggest just getting the fronts (the rears weren't worth it IMO)
    Welcoming myself to the "club" for a second time. I post previously about the NAH I purchased last week, liked the vehicle so much purchased a second one picking up tomorrow.

This one with all options (although disappointed no fog lamps!) tech package, roof, the whole bit. List was, I believe $33300 or so, they showed me invoice for $30,700 (including transportation) Ended up purchasing for $30,500, less the $1250 rebate. "tires for life" "double powertrain warranty until 120,000 miles. three free oil changes (big deal!) Extended warranty for 5 years, 100,000 miles (the best one) for $1400, plus 3.9% finanacing.

Traded my 06 Subaru Tribeca for $15,500. That was real close to KBB, for the mileage I have (65,000 miles) I thought that was reasonable.

Really hope I am doing the right thing.... Until a few days ago, never owned a Nissan product. Hope that I will get the gas mileage advertised, and this vehicle will be ok in bad weather. I don't expect it will be as good in the snow as my Tribeca, but hoping with traction control, stability control, etc., it will be ok.

I went into Tire Rack to check out the OE tires that come with the vehicle, and got some pretty poor ratings on the vehicle. Sure, I can them replaced no charge from the dealer, but I hope they are decent to run on.

Any and all comments would be greatly appreciated. I still have until tomorrow morning to back out of the deal...
    Wow! 2 NAH's! Amazing.....I'd be happy to be adopted by your family if you don't mind a 50+ year old "son".

The tires on the NAH are stiff, high-mileage tires. They are designed to reduce rolling resistance, and as a result, increase your mileage. When looking at tire ratings pay attention to what variables were used to rate the tires. Generally, harder, long-mileage tires don't handle as well, and don't work as well in inclement conditions. These tires, however, are used on many brands of cars, and considering the litigious environment these days, they'll be pretty good for you by design. Remember too that hybrid and high-mileage cars are still in their infancy. In the next few years expect to see significant advances in all technologies around this, now that car, lubrication, and tire companies realize that the public wants these cars.

I can tell you that your mileage in the city will probably not approach the rating on the window sticker. Whatever city they found that allowed that mileage must have had downhill streets in all directions. Kind of like your grandad walking uphill in the snow both ways, to and from school ;-). Our city mileage in a relatively flat city north of San Francisco generall hits in the mid-30's. The highway mileage, once you learn to drive gently, and stay below 75 or so, easily hits the mid 30's, once the car is broken in.

It's too early to tell how this particular model of Nissan will come out, reliability-wise. In my mind Nissan has always been the hidden gem in the auto industry. They generally make very good vehicles. They listen to their customers and, like any Japanese company, constantly improve their products. We have a car like yours (an 07, which we paid slightly less for) and we couldn't be more pleased with it. I only have two very minor complaints. 1. The "auto" day/night mirror can't be adjusted manually, so in those times where there's a bright light behind you during the daytime, you can't dim the mirror. 2. The outside mirrors don't auto dim with the interior mirror (I had a Lincoln that did that a few years ago...very nice). Other than that, the car, both inside and out, is well-engineered, well thought out, and even things that don't seem logical in the way they behave at first, are done pretty well (you just have to figure out why Nissan did something a certain way).

As far as the dealer experience goes, that varies from dealer to dealer. I've heard horror stories, and wrestled a snake of a Nissan salesman at a dealership (where I DIDN'T by the car) myself. The dealership I go to in Petaluma, California (North Bay Nissan) is excellent. No matter what I go to them for, they are always patient, communicate well, and make sure I'm well-taken care of. Not only that, but we constantly get phone calls and emails from both the dealership and Nissan, making sure we're happy with our product and services. We've never had that experience with any other brand of car (and we've owned Toyotas, Hondas, and various American brands).

I'm a little more cautious than you. If I had your kind of money, I'd wait to see if I personally liked the car before I bought a second one. That being said, I think you'll be very, very pleased. These cars are comfortable, stylish, quick, and (so far) very reliable....
    Only had the first car for a few days, and my wife absolutely loves it. She only travels maybe 10,000 miles per year -- I will be almost four times that & tired of spending a fortune for gas. Sure looks like we are headed towards $4.00 per gallon, and who knows if it will ever drop to substantially less than that during the next few years. With all the driving I do, much more highway mileage. I realize that the "ecomomics of this vehicle" are such that city mileage better than highway, and I will not realize that benefit. However, I am a fairly easy going driver, rarely over 70 highway. I hope to get close to mid-thirties mpg. My Subaru Tribeca averages just about 20 mpg. 35,000 miles per year means approx 1750 gallons. If I can get 35 mpg on NAH, will save around 750 gallons per year, even at $3.00 per gallon that's over $2000 per year, plus I would use regular instead of high test, so that would save another $200 or so per year (around here high test 20 - 25 cents per gallon higher than regular)

It's probably because of the $2350 tax rebate that cinched the deal on each vehicle, otherwise really could just justify the purchase. I realize the Prius would get another 10 mpg or so, but you absolutely cannot get one with moon roof, and that was a must on both vehicles. Not only that, the companies that specialize in installing moon roofs will not put one on a Prius. Probably because of the rounded roof.

I have never owned a Nissan before, and have been very pleased with my Subaru Tribeca. But, I have realized that 99% of my driving is on business by myself, and I can manage fine with the small trunk. If we need anything large to move, have a 1999 Dodge Dakota 4wd p/u that just sits in the driveway. A 99 wi less than 26,000 miles on the Odometer! I use it so little, last time I put in gas was early November and have drive around 125 miles since that time.

Oh well, I hope I have made the right decision. I am kind of an impulsive buyer.
    At least the two vehicles are different colors, my wife's black, mine silver.

I will post on this formum my experiences, as well as detailed info on gas consumption.
    I live in the great lakes snow belt. We had 26 inches of snow last weekend. I had put Nokian RST winter tires which are also Low Roll Resistant. They were tested in the Artic. Went through everything including uphill with deep snow and unplowed. Mine is also the tech so I guess the VDC traction control and the rest helped as well. Enjoy and consider the Nokian if you are in a snow area. The regular tires don't do very well as was mentioned above.
    I'm impressed at the two! Is the price you quoted in CA? another state? I'm about to wheel and deal next week for my first new car in 20 years, my first hybrid, my first Nissan, so thanks for the price quote. Drove the Camry Hybrid -- like driving a boat. Love the Altima's sportiness and tighter handling. Hiwayman, Petaluma Nissan is one of the dealers I'll be contacting. Good to know about them. :)
    Redwood2, good luck with your purchase. I wish the forum allowed me to post the salesman's name at North Bay Nissan, because this was the second vehicle we bought from him. He's a solid, no nonsense guy. He gives you the facts, tells you how much, and his price negotiation style is friendly and reasonable. He doesn't play games.Must be because he's a Norwegian transplant to the US. He's probably not unique at the dealership, though. They have a wall full of awards. I am not kidding you when I tell you we closed a deal on the car in less than one hour.

One thing that dumbfounded us about our deal is that we did the deal, and they came back with a better one. Signed the paperwork, and were told we'd have to wait 6 weeks for the car, which was in shipment somewhere. OK. No problem. Good car. Worth the wait. (We got the fully-loaded Tech package with moonroof,leather,etc). A few days later we get a call from our saleman. I'm thinking, "OK. Here we go. Big delays, or some price increase or something." Nope. He told us that Nissan had just come out with a better interest rate a day or so after our deal than the one we signed up for. He said if we'd come in and re-do the paperwork, he'd get us the better rate. He did this without being asked to. Our interest rate was cut in half (it was really low to begin with, but hey, a buck is a buck). We went back in, redid the paperwork, and a few weeks later drove off in our new car.
  • ogbzaogbza Member Posts: 10
    Sorry to be impatient, but is no one leasing this car? Would love any lease advice I can get. Thanks . . .
  • seven20pseven20p Member Posts: 10
    I am shopping out of state for the NAH and this is what I have found.

31200 with 129 Doc Fee.

NAH, Dark Slate/Charcoal Leather
    Tech,
    Sunroof with deflector
    mats
    aluminum guards on door edge.

Additional perks, airport, and/or delivery to dependable autoshippers terminal

airfaire in
    240 for 2 from Wilmington to Newark. (120 each. stop at ATL(Hartsfield) or charlotte depending on day of week.

Gas cost back 60 bucks or so.

Dependable auto shippers about 470.xx
    P/U in fayetteville, NC

I was still waiting to hear back from stevens creek but unnamed salesperson in internet sales is ignoring me or has at least for 2 days or so.

Im not sure this is costco pricing but it appears about 800 below TMV pricing @ edmunds?

Any feedback?

Oh and Ive shopped 7 auto insurance companies ....It appears geico will save me about 600 year compared to competition. I didnt try AIG yet.
    hiwayman could you email me at nc88keyz@gmail.com your dealer info. He sounds like one of the few good ones left. Im curious to see what if anything he could do for me in NC. thanks
    OK. Look for an email from netnoggin......
    Taking the shipping and flight costs out of the equation, that's a pretty good price. It sounds like a price for a 2007 NAH? Is it a leftover (no problem there, just be sure you know what you're getting). Add all the other costs, and the price isn't that good, but you are getting an NAH...so.....
  • mags49mags49 Member Posts: 9
    Since the NAH is not sold in the State of Washington, I am exploring purchase of one in California. I assumed I would not pay sales tax there but in Washington when I registered it. However,I was just informed by a CA dealer that I would have to pay the California Sales Tax "because the NAH is not sold in Washington" (why would that matter?). I've been on-line tonight trying to find out whether that sales tax would be deducted from the Washington State sales tax or what, and can't find an answer. Anyone else know about this? Am I in the wrong forum?
    Also, I already did confirm that our local Nissan dealer has the hybrid techs. Are there other concerns I should have about owning an NAH here?
    fyi, the MSR price for 2007 with pkg #1 is $27,025 and the manu rebate of $1500 expired on it but is now on the 2008 model which is only $200 more. Go figure. I think the dealer will have to deal down to off-load the 2007's. I haven't got to their bottom figures yet until I get the tax question settled. Any advice appreciated.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,716
    California dealers must collect sales tax for any new car that is delivered in the state... To waive the sales tax, the car has to be shipped or delivered across state lines...

At least that is what we always hear... I don't think that the unavailability of the car in Washington has anything to do with it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

I just talked to a dealer this evening and I would receive 10 day temp registration for car being shipped to NC from Bay area. 55 doc fee. Very straight forward. I didnt ask about fly in/drive home as I wont be doing that from CA to NC, however in NJ that situation was 3% tax to NC and drive home. They had a service included in the 129 doc fee that would complete the tax payment to NCDMV for that option.

CA has the price I want, NJ has the colors I want.

Decisions....all 08s. I havent seen any 07s from the dealers I spoke with.
    FYI, I visited a DOL office this afternoon. If I were to buy a new car in California, I pay Cal sales tax (around 8%?) and present the purchase agreement showing that amount which is then deducted from the Washington State tax of 9.2% (really!) and pay the difference. No easy way around that one.
    I have been on telephone with a dealer in Clovis (he went the extra mile and actually pulled up all the 2007's in the State for me by the color I wanted), but after reading the thread, am tempted to check out Petaluma or go web shopping. This website has been helpful in justifying to my spouse why I think a trip to CA is worth it. I bought a Prius the first year it was out, loved it but now Seattle is infested with them. Time for a change!
    Thanks to all who contributed for the extra info about packages and prices.
  • marcogallo1986marcogallo1986 Member Posts: 1,164
    I am looking for a 2007 LEftover. Or 2008 car In Slate Gray or SIlver Any INterior color. I will be emailing dealers with in 500 Miles of My location. Do you guys Think I should look In Nc or Sc for a grate deal Let me no Pleas. Maby that guy at Pettollooma Nissan can help me out. Thankyou Marco.
  • customervaluedcustomervalued Member Posts: 6
    Just picked up an 07 Altima Hybrid with Convenience Package ($27025 Retail Invoice) for $23800 not including rebate or tax in upstate NY. Decided to take advantage of the 2.9% apr instead of the rebate. Wondering what is the best price paid for an extended warranty.

To check inventory go to nissanusa.com click current offers on the bottom then on the left hand side menu click search inventory. Select your zip and then distance, choose dealership then altima. When the picture comes up click on Hybrid as the body style. This shows you the inventory of that particular dealership.
    I just purchased two (2) NAH's last week. For one got gold plus extended warranty, 6 years, 75k miles $50 deductible for $1356, and, for the second vehicle 5 years, 100k miles $50 deductible for $1400. I supposed you can purchase the extended warranty from any dealer, not necessarily the one you purchased the vehicle from.

We could have gotten around the same deal you did but because 08 pricing just about the same at 07 prices, the only difference was $250 on the rebate between the 07 and 08, made no sense to get an 07. Kind of surprised you would not take the rebate instead, if you credit is good real easy to get a load of around 3.99 percent. For the slight difference between 2.9 and 3.9% the additional cost no where near the $1250 rebate. Plus by taking the rebate, you would save another few bucks by saving sales tax on that amount.
    Good point about the interest. Didnt think I would get anything close to 2.9 since the national average is hovering over 6%. We dont pick up the vehicle and til Tuesday. Perhaps I might qualify for a better rate. Thanks
    Everyone's financial situation is different. I have really good credit. On the first NAH I purchased went with my line of credit from Sovereign Bank. Recently opened a new line of credit that charges 1% less than prime, so that would not be 5%. As I am planning on paying back just the $15,000 I borrowed, the difference for a 24 month loan between 5% and 3.99 that the dealer offered was only about $9 per month less. However, since the loan on my line of credit was actually on my home equity line of credit the and that interest is tax deductible it came out to just about be a wash. For the second vehicle I purchased went with 3.99 % for 24 months.

If you have good credit consider using equity line of credit if you have one. For the $1500 rebate you are forfeiting, I think you could get a loan for maybe even up to 6% & still save. Just use a mortgage calculator & plug in the amount you need to finance with and without the rebate, and you will see what I mean. Even better savings if you use line of credit as that interest would be tax deductible. Don't forget, you will probably get the $2350 Tax credit next year. If you could hang on to a line of credit loan when you get that money next year you could plunk it right down to the balance on your equity loan.

Good luck, whatever you decide
  • nproszkownproszkow Member Posts: 1
    MSRP was $33,325 I got it for $30,242. ($300 under invoice) Colonial Nissan in Somerville, MA. I love the car so far! Great dealership as well.

:)
    You should also check your home state to see if they have a rebate program if you buy a hybrid. In PA they do and sent me a check for $500. I know many states have programs. Some are more than PA some are tax credits against state taxes. Just check out your states program
    I see the point regarding the equity line of credit. Unfortunately, that is not an option for us. Still the tax credit certainly has made being "green" more affordable. Thank you for the info.
    Well, Mine, same exact list price silver with black leather, roof, tech package purchased for $30,500. A few bucks more than yours but I think I did very well on the trade for my 06 Tribeca @ $15,500. Plus the double powertrain, tires for life, and got gold plus extended warranty 5 years, 100k for $1400, also 3 free oil changes. Additional cost $289 registration & other dealer fees (included full tank gas which I guess everyone gets these days) My deals were with Mastria, Raynham, MA

So far, after going 450 miles the trip computer reads 31.7 miles, mostly highway driving. Also purchased one for wife last week, without tech package, more city driving on hers & that seems to be averaging 30.7 mpg on computer. I realize the indications of mpg on computer's are usually inflated so real curious as I fill up what I really will get.

Have you noticed hour the mph is so totally inaccurate? On mine with all the highway driving I did only shows around 25 mph. Should say more like 50 or so. Same for my wife's car, it shows only 20 mph. Maybe after I reset both of them after first fill up they will be more accurate.

Any others out there comment on this???
    I was at the dealer today and they still had a 2007 Altima Hybrid with Connection Package available at what I was told was a hot price. Let me know if anyone is interested and I will put in you contact.
    Went back to finalize the purchase today and the first thing out of the sales person's mouth was "there is a problem". Apparently the 2.9% apr offer ended on the third and blamed the manager for not updating the current offers. I was directed to speak with the finance manager who was very apologetic and genuinely wanted to make things right. When running my credit through normal financing the rate came back over 8%. Needless to say I was ready to walk out the door. He made some calls and bumped my credit to the next tier and found a bank with an interest in the low 5's (60 month). To make up the difference back to the original payments that would have been with the promotional financing they sold the 07 hybrid with convenience for 23700 and bumped up my trade. So in the end the price/payments were the same. He even sold me the extended gold plus warranty at cost. As I watched his screen the 60000 mile warranty (came up as $619 or $629) The bump up to the 75000 warranty added another $1 to my monthly payment and the 72 month 100000 mile added another $7. So we decided to get the 72 month 100000 gold warranty ($50 deductable) which came to $1063 added to the price of the vehicle. The manager said that the warranty is transferrable and if you traded it in to the dealer later they could prorate the balance of the unused portion of the warranty and refund you $. The dealership also offers oil changes for life with any car purchase.
    Just curious: if the 2.9% financing ended, isn't there another financing incentive in place and/or a $1250 rebate? I'm getting ready to deal this week on a NAH w/tech. So far, one dealer offered $1,000 below invoice (tech, moonroof, everything), before factoring in the rebate.
    In NY, perhaps other areas as well the incentives for 2007 Altima Hybrid are all gone including financing and rebate.. The 2008 incentives are
    2008 Altima Hybrid 1.9% APR financing for up to 36 months or 3.9% APR financing for up to 60 months for qualified buyers* OR $1,250 cash back**
    anybody know exactly what qualified buyer scale is. Is it 700+.Its my understanding that nissan only uses equifax with NMAC.?

I know its tier 0 and 1 thats applicable with NMAC just wondering what exactly the threshold is.

Looking at 60mo/3.9 option
  • townboy325townboy325 Member Posts: 37
    i think is 720...
    I joined the club! :) Purchased a metallic jade/blond leather '08 NAH w/tech pkg today (no aluminum kickplates or wind deflector). $27,424 after rebate taken. I had to finance with Nissan for 7.59% for the whole price, but will pay most off next week, leaving the minimum of $8,000 for 90 days, then pay it off entirely. This will cost approx $300, but is offset by what I would have to borrow anyway from my own line of credit, so it really ends up to be about $80 extra. All told, (with interest I now have to pay included) this works out to be about $2840 below invoice (including the rebate). Tax and license not included.

This was from Bay Bridge Nissan in Oakland, CA. I approached seven dealerships and they were the best at communicating, working with me on a price, and no pressure. They quoted me the first lowest price ($1,000 below invoice before rebate). When I countered with my (even lower price) they were the only ones who agreed to talk to figure out how to meet my price. Others told me things like, "That is too low, we're in the business of making profit, if someone meets your price, bring it in writing and we'll match it." Well, they didn't get my business.

Wierdly, when I got home today, there was an email waiting for me from Boardwalk Nissan in Redwood City, CA, with a BETTER OFFER! :cry: Two days ago they scoffed at my last proposal and wouldn't deal, telling me that they couldn't sell at that price. Apparently (so they say), they'll have an ad running this weekend for a "similarly packaged" NAH for $26,749 after rebate. It seems there are some hidden incentives somewhere, allowing dealers to sell for way under invoice now.

I will be happy to give Bay Bridge Nissan a great CSI report.

Thanks for everyone's experiences -- they helped a lot. Now I'll get to think about my mileage instead of prices ;) Moral: taking your time is worth it.
  • malolansmalolans Member Posts: 5
    Hi all,

I am getting quote of $27,156 with $1,250 rebate for 2008 Nissan Altima Hybrid with Connection Package and Moon roof. The Invoice price i think is $28,842. I am in Massachusetts. So after taxes and tags it is $29,107. Is this is a good deal.

Thanks.
    Not a good deal. I also live in Mass & just purchased two vehicles from Mastria, in Raynham. ONe was identical to what you got, except it had aluminum kick plates and wind deflector. List was $28335, purchased for $25200 after $1250 rebate. After title, taxes, doc fees, etc, my total was $27,555, plus extended gold plus warranty $1356 (6 years, 75,000 miles) total $28,805.

Also, "tires for life" if you have vehicle serviced at dealer, plus "double" powertrain warranty to 120,000 miles, plus they threw in portable Nav System (supposedly worth $300)

Actually had another deal with Balise, in Warwick, RI for virtually same car for $500 less than this one, but I didn't like they way they did business.

Are you anywhere close to Raynham, MA?
    Thanks, Redwood2. Did your new car include moonroof in the price? Also did you approach the 7 different dealers by internet or telephone?

I will definitely check out Bay Bridge in Oakland (and the one touted in Petaluma). I have relatives in Antioch, Berkeley, Petaluma, Sacramento and Fresno, so would appreciate any other leads to help me decide which city I will fly into.

I can't go until mid-April and noticed the Nissan rebate is supposed to expire the end of March. I noticed earlier postings in 2007 said they kept extending them. Can I trust that will continue for 2008's?